Demon PC's

No; first circle demons are not part of a Yozi the way seconds and thirds are.

However, the Yozi can use their 'possession' power as per any first circle demon now. Something to look forward to...

However' date=' the Yozi can use their 'possession' power as per any first circle demon now. Something to look forward to...[/quote']
Now? When did this change?

-S

Stillborn said:
However' date=' the Yozi can use their 'possession' power as per any first circle demon now. Something to look forward to...[/quote']
Now? When did this change?

-S
 Sorry, I misplaced the 'now'; it should read '...the Yozi can now use their...' The idea was to reinforce the point that the Demon-Blood has become a regular first circle, with all the conditions thereof.

I thought that the Yozi were too powerful to posess First Circles, no? It's like putting a kitten in a microwave.

-S

in GoD it says something like the Yozis can only possess the 1st circles for an hour every month, if not even less time.  I'll go peek into the GoD book.

Here, I found the quote.  It's on page 91 in GoD under the heading: "The Cracks in the Prison"  It's in the 2nd paragraph, near the end.

"... It can possess any First Circle demon -- but for no more than a minute in every day.  Anything more destroys the demon, gaining the Yozi no more than an extra turn of presence in the world."

I'm not sure if they changed any of that with later books, but that's what it says in the GoD.

While on the subject... I'll give the times for 2nd and 3rd circle Demons.

3rd Circle: No more than a day in every year.

2nd Circle: no more than an hour in every month.

So, there would be little to no point in a Yozi possessing a 1st circle demon, as it doesn't give ample time for more than a bit of sorcery at best, though Yozi sorcery would definately have a nasty effect.

Other than a little chaos, there is no point to a Yozi possession of a first circle, so there's not much worry over that.

Just wondering, if a 3rd circle is the parent, does the demon blooded turn into a 2nd circle or a 1st?

Well, there could be a point to posessing a 1st Circle demon, because a minute is ample time to cast even 3rd Circle (Infernal) Sorcery; a minute being 20 turns, if you take a turn to be 3 seconds, on average.

So sure, it's not like you conduct delicate negotiations or something, but if you just wanted to get a vessel close enough to a specific target in order to touch it to caste 3rd circle infernal spell X, possessing a 1st circle would do nicely.

Also, if said Yozi wanted a on-site scan of what the demon is viewing right then and there, a minute is a fairly long time.

Regardless of the parentage of the Demon-Blood, upon reaching Essence 4, it becomes a first circle demon--the parentage would only affect what kind of demon the former Demon-Blood becomes, as well as its Inheritance.

If one thinks about it, it makes sense--why should a simple boost to Essence 4 be sufficient to make a humble Demon-Blood a part of a Yozi? One needs Investiture of Infernal Glory for that, at the very least.

Revamping

uteck mentioned that he posted it, and I figured I'd wander on by and see various things I did wrong. :) I'm also working on a new version, hopefully for this week (along with the first draft of my Shadowlands Exalted idea), so I'd rather try getting it mostly "right".

So, answers.

I thought I included terrestial sorcery in the original books, so I don't know what it was missing (its on page 10).

I got rid of the sins idea. I was hoping it would give a good framework for the demons, but it didn't work out in the end. So, I remove it in general.

I'm trying to get all the spirits working together in the next version, mainly for our version of the world but also because I think it fits in general.

Where are the rules for Infernal Exalted? And more specifically for being changed into a full-demon (someone mentioned it, but I didn't find it in the Player's Guide).

What book describes Infernal Sorcerery? I would love to know the spell (sorcery, necromancy, etc) limits for demons. Also, can elementals cast spells? Can ghosts use necromancy?

I don't have every Exalted book, mainly because my local Barnes and Noble only carry Exalted books if they are two years out of date and then only for a couple of weeks. :) Makes it hard to pick up books, not to mention Games of Divinity wasn't at GenCon last year, at least when I wandered over there. :(

dmoonfire said:
I don't have every Exalted book, mainly because my local Barnes and Noble only carry Exalted books if they are two years out of date and then only for a couple of weeks.  Makes it hard to pick up books, not to mention Games of Divinity wasn't at GenCon last year, at least when I wandered over there.
Mail order, man.

Mail order.

Re: Revamping

dmoonfire said:
Where are the rules for Infernal Exalted? And more specifically for being changed into a full-demon (someone mentioned it, but I didn't find it in the Player's Guide).
What book describes Infernal Sorcerery? I would love to know the spell (sorcery, necromancy, etc) limits for demons. Also, can elementals cast spells? Can ghosts use necromancy?

I don't have every Exalted book, mainly because my local Barnes and Noble only carry Exalted books if they are two years out of date and then only for a couple of weeks. :) Makes it hard to pick up books, not to mention Games of Divinity wasn't at GenCon last year, at least when I wandered over there. :(
 Other than the PG, the only 'rules' for Infernals are in Blood and Salt, where they give an example of a Dragon-Blood who was apparently personally invested by a Yozi.

The turning into a full demon part...isn't exactly right; they retain the Exalt characteristics. Neither is it stated explicitly; however, the restrictions of Dukantha's appearance in Creation parallel those of Third Circle demons--hence the suggestion that they become a part of the Yozi through Investment.

Theoretically, if a Second Circle demon Invested an Exalt, the resulting Infernal would not be part of a Yozi...but if you're going to let your Second Circle demons get up to Essence 7, well, you may have other issues.

Just wondering, if a 3rd circle is the parent, does the demon blooded turn into a 2nd circle or a 1st?
If I remember correctly, the Players Guide states that the DemonBlooded becomes a Demon of the 1st Circle of the appropriate type, or some such.  It lists it along with what happens when all the other god-blooded types reach essence scores of 4 or whatever their particular ceiling is.

DarkProphet said:
If I remember correctly, the Players Guide states that the DemonBlooded becomes a Demon of the 1st Circle of the appropriate type, or some such.  It lists it along with what happens when all the other god-blooded types reach essence scores of 4 or whatever their particular ceiling is.
Player's Guide, pp. 80-81. Basically says they become a First Circle demon, regardless of who did the the Endowment, then they are dragged to the hell-prison. Good thing I read that section again, got a few things to add tonight. :)

Take Three (Spirits 0.3.0)

Okay, I got another draft of the spirit rules. It isn't completed, but I feel that feedback should be encouraged to make sure I don't head in the wrong directions. I managed to borrow a copy of a couple books, so I'm slowly getting everything in my head while I'm writing it.

Some of the charms are very rough (I'm going to change the demon weapon charms to use something closer to the Abyssal rules) and many are missing, like dominate/mind control/telepathy with inner souls of the demons and just about everything else.

I did put in the character creation rules and the experience charts, along with a few reasons why I was so stingy at first. I would greatly appreciate feedback on power levels, balance, and the direction I'm taking with the Charms. There are also stubs for small gods, ghosts (well not yet), demons, and elementals (not even close).

If anyone could tell me the game book source of Infernal Sorcery, I would greatly appreciate it. Not to mention where they say the spell limits for the various spirits.

http://sepia.mfgames.com/spirits/

Please forgive the format, I'm trying to use what I remember of the White Wolf rules for Exalted. At GenCon, I went through the bits to beg being a writer (like half of my old gaming group is now), but didn't continue the process after I got home because I was finishing a novel for a publisher I met at GenCon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back