Demon Cave

It was dark and silent. Not even a single living being was seen or heard in that place when suddenly a man emerged from the water. His black wings spread itself, showing off its glory to the darkness. When he opened his eyes, yellow eyes gleamed through the darkness and his wet dark purple hair slightly covering his face. Slowly and carefully, the said demon made his way out of the unflowing gleaming water toward a short stone stairs and came into the entrance that connected the small river in the cave to his room.

The demon's wings disappeared, leaving a wingless body, decorated with tattoos all over his back and hands, some on his forehead and cheek. He dried himself and wore black pants and black hooded robe with red color on the edges. He left the robe opened, showing his chest, scarred from battles and other things, seen.
"P-Pardon me, M-master.. there i-is someone t-that w-wants to m-meet y-you..." a voice was heard. He presumed it was his useless servant. The demon simply turned and pushed the servant out of the way, noticing the servant was scared out of his wits, and gave a cold, "Leave".

The demon sighed and went to the place where he met his guests. The demon then made a hand movement, forcing the said guest to turned around using the guest's blood and asked in a low voice,
"What do you want?"

[there you go! anyone can reply!]

Last edited by a moderator:
A shadow was cast up against the wall as Frey returned to the cave, the dull light making his shadow twice taller than he actually was. The dark-haired demon was in the possession of a new contract that he had just made, and he had decided to pay Ares a visit, now that he had some time off of his hands. And.. he also needed something else from him. He had just talked with his servant, and was now coming inside of the meeting room. His red eyes shone a little in the light and he noticed a new art piece on the wall. He inspected it, until he felt a tug from the blood bender who turned him around.

“Ah, hello Ares, how are you doing?” he asked him in good-natured small talk, with a smile that showed off his slightly pointed teeth. He lifted a hand in greeting and moved closer. His status among demons was lower than Ares' was, some might even call him an ‘underling’, but he was not an easy person to intimidate with so little. He enjoyed being around people who were stronger than the average. While he walked closer he spoke again.

“So, I actually wanted to hear you out about something. A favor of some sort,” he explained.

Surprised at the sight of demon who requested to see him, he lowly said, "Frey. What a surprise..." Unsurprisingly, Ares didn't return the greeting, just simply rolled his eyes and let go of the blood binding. When the other offered a hand, Ares just looked at the hand cautiously, wondering what had made the demon, who was once came to him and offered his loyalty to him, came to him after a long time of not seeing each other. Recalling the report he was given from his useless servants, Frey was mentioned to be in a new contract with somebody he deemed not that important.

The sight of Frey casualy smiling made him more suspicious. After all, the name given to Frey was not some bullshit he could simply ignore. No sane people would dare to mess with Frey. No one but Him. Ares sneered at the simple thought. Of course, that was very obvious, he wouldn't take a weakling as his underling, not to mention, his underling that was given a pretty high rank.

Ares scoffed again at the thought, he lifted his hand and shook the other's hand for a split second before pulling it back. Deciding that whatever the younger demon want from him will take a long time, The Blood Bender walked to the comfortable couch and sit there while motioning the other to do the same. He put both his arm on either side, letting the robe fell to either side of his body, revealing his chest with a sight of his full of tattoo arms because of the sleeves being pulled up a bit. Letting down the hood, knowing that the other demon had known his form, he hissed, "
Now.. Talk, Frey."

His eyes followed Ares as he took a seat in the couch, and didn’t even try to hide the fact that he inspected the torso that was revealed to him. He smiled a bit, and then looked back at his face, innocently pretending not to have looked at all. He went over and took a seat next to him on the couch. “Never been one for small talk, hm? Well, I will cut to the chase,” he said and leaned back in the couch, crossing his legs. Then he pointed at himself. “I’m actually a closet collector,” he told him, and then lifted a hand to elaborate. “I collect family deals, and recently I found out that one of the families I collect had made a deal, but I was not the one to pick it up.”

His red eyes stayed on Ares and he smiled quite sweetly, although his eyes were unwavering. “You made the deal, and I would really.. really like to have that deal,” he told him. “Winson family.” He waved a hand. “I know we all share here, but there is still a kind of warm feeling to be the actual holder of the deal. You wouldn’t mind, would you?”

Now this is getting a little bit interesting for him. Ares kept his face expressionless and noticed the extra attention toward his torso for a while. Not really caring about that, he listened to the request. Ares looked at the other's eyes to see any signs of casualties or anything else that was suspicious about that request. But as always, the man's mind could never be predicted. Bringing his hand together, he chanted something and a blue flame suddenly flared on his clasped hand. Slowly, Ares opened his hands and the flame slowly dispersed, leaving a scroll, neatly placed on his left hand.

"This is the Winston family's contract. A rare one, I must say though. A whole family sold their souls to the demon. So intriguing that i, myself, decided to be the holder."

He tapped and played with the scroll in a bored attitude and glanced at the other demon. The Master could see the greed in the other's face and smirked.
"So, why would I give this rare, interesting and important piece of contract to you, my loyal subject? Or are you not so loyal after all?"

Ares lifted his upper body and tapped the scroll near his lips.
"What benefit will it bring to me, my dear Frey?"

His attention shifted to the scroll when it appeared in a blue flame on Ares palm. His gaze seemed to change to alerted, although the smile on his lips was still lingering in place untouched. He wanted that contract. No. He needed it, for his collection. Very slowly he pried his eyes off the scroll and looked directly at Ares again, scooting a little closer to him on the sofa. “You’re completely right, that contract is rare,” he agreed with him and waved his hand around in an understanding gesture. Then he lifted a finger. “However! I do have a fair trade for you,” he promised, already invading his personal space. He had not been so dimwitted to believe that Ares would hand him over a valuable contract for nothing. “Of course it should be beneficial for the both of us, since I am loyal, like you said.”

He lifted his hand and with the similar blue flame as Ares had used. Four scrolls appeared an inch over his palm. “As you know, I have been working quite a bit recently. Since there are four people in the Winson family, I got four contracts for that one,” he told him and waved his fingers around so the scrolls would rotate to show them off.

Ares raised his left eyebrow, as he let Frey invaded his personal space. Ares looked at the scroll and examine it. Feeling some power from the four contracts, not caring about his already invaded personal space, he waved his hand so the scroll's still in its place while he moved closer to the four scrolls. His eyes gleamed with curiosity. Purring at the raw energy he felt from the scrolls, his head tilted and with husky low voice, he asked, "Whose contracts are these?"

The Blood Bender felt the growing excitement at the thought of owning the raw energy. Not waiting for the answer, he silently and unwillingly moved back to his place since he felt the other's prying eyes. Ares tapped his chin, he felt like he knew that energy. He had felt it somewhere. But what is it? Ares was torn between his rare Winston family's contract that was very valuable and beneficial for him or the four contracts with such raw energy that it even make him, the Master of all demon, purring at the energy.

Damion delved into the thoughts of the lesser demon passing by. A bare brush of his conscience imparted the not so shocking insight that Ares was in a mood. Damion lingered against the wall until the servant passed by. His usual smirk was absent. The dankness of the cave started to wan on him. Their glorious hovel. Though Damion only had himself to blame for his slump. Damion glided closer to the blood bender's domain. He wondered if he should intrude. Or rather how to enter without incurring their leader's wrath.

Damion bent his head back, enough to admire the stalactites. A grin slid onto his face at the knowledge of how old they were. Damion rushed his fingers though his dark hair. The indecision flickering over him wasn't something he would permit anyone to witness.

Eyes sliding closed, Damion mentally collected all the reports interesting enough for him to relay. The aroma of a soul contract made him hesitate. Many soul contracts. He felt his eyes dilate. Someone would certainly be in a good mood. Damion wondered what kind of deal he sensed happening.

Suddenly, Ares felt another presence and turned his head. The Blood Bender knew the presence, and remembered that it was the day of daily report for the demon. He motioned Frey to hold the deal for a while and closed his eyes. From the sense of demon's blood, Damion seemed to be right outside the room. Knowing that Ares was in The Mind Reader's range of mind reading, Ares simply thought, "Come in, Damion."

Fortunately, he was in a good mood because of the deal and The Blood Bender was waiting for Damion to come in. When the other demon did so, Ares could sense the annoyed feeling from Frey. Ares smirked and motioned the Mind Reader to sit on the couch across his couch. Ares let the contract stayed on purpose and greeted the unsure demon,
"Damion, You came just in time. We're about to make a very interesting deed and i have yet to decide. Putting that aside, What can you report to me, Damion?"

Frey had been smirking when Ares clearly had shown interest in the contracts he was bargaining with. He could almost feel his hands getting on the family contract. “It’s good deals. All these people were individuals who made contracts to protect someone close to them. It’s the strongest kind of deal there is,” he said and the four offered contracts glowed a little in the dull light. But then all of a sudden Ares seemed absent and he realized that there was a presence that Frey, only just now, noticed. Sure, he had good senses, but unfortunately his powers was not focused on reading and bending people around him like his fellow demons.

The Cursed One reluctantly leaned back to give Ares space to greet the new arrival. He smirked a little when he saw who it was though. Then at least it was someone interesting. “Hello Damion,” he greeted him and send him a sweet smile, although he really was just hungering for his contract. “What brings you here?” he asked. Damion was another demon that was kind of fascinating to him. He was always a step ahead with his mind-reading.

Ares leaned back in the sofa and let the contracts still flow over the palm of his hand while he listened to what the demon had to say. The contracts illuminated his features each time one of contracts passed him, as he rotated them in his hand.

Damion felt himself smile. On him it looked sheepish instead of self-satisfied. Damion peered into Ares's inner cave. His wine dark eyes darted along the stone before settling momentarily on Frey. "Hope I'm not interrupting." He said in a chipper tone. Damion went to Aries's side and inclined his head. Long enough to demonstrate fealty, his expression blanked. Even of the mischievous way his mouth usually set. "My report for this week is due." He said to Frey.

Damion regarded Frey with a sidelong glance. He had an artist's eye for collecting souls. And there were so many types of humans to choose from. Damion grinned momentarily before he turned back to Ares. "Two demons are dead since yesterday. But both of them killed each other." Damion said. It was boring news but he supposed an accurate count of minions in their domicile was necessary. "Activity in the cave has been quiet lately." Damion said with a note of forlornness in his voice. "Although," He paused for a moment.

"A scout reported hearing about an elven artifact." Damion said. His grin returned. "It's supposed to be a weapon of some kind. Might be worth looking into." The abilities the woodlands people possessed were ages old. And so starkly different from Damion's own he couldn't keep from wondering what their secrets were.

Ares listened to the report ss he played with the scroll and eyed the four delicious scrolls on Frey's hand. Did he make a mistake in choosing his underling when he heard that two of his underlings were dead the day before. He raised his eyebrow at the causeof death and gently massaged his temples. Foolish demons, why did he even bother to make him his underlings. Silently he examined the Mind Reader's face and found him grinning.

Then his ear caught something. Something about his damned enemy and he lifted his head in a sudden serious manner.
"What did you say?". At the report of the artifacs, Ares stood and stood in front of the reporting demon with speed of lightning and hold his shoulder with a very apperent sadistic satisfaction. With eyes beaming with unexplained excitement, he moved his face closer to the other's surprised face, "Where is it? Tell me, Damion! Tell me which scout...". Ares could feel the other two's were surprised at his sudden interest but he could care less about that.

@Cross_Rhodes @Hiddencard

Damion laughed, recognizing Ares's excitement in himself. He was pulled forward when Ares's grabbed his shoulder. "I know right?" Damion looked at him despite the pricking sensation he felt from regarding an older demon. "The possibilities... It's a mirror of the soul trapping variety. That would certainly make our job easier." Damion met Frey's eyes for a moment. He wondered if the collector would have an opinion about that. Damion grinned. "Who knows what else the thing can do." Damion lifted his hand and conjured an image. It came from the memory of a scout who never sensed his mind being read.

"I didn't recognize it, but maybe you can." Damion said. The wispy full-length mirror in his conjuring was a smokey imitation of the real version. He stuffed his hands in his pockets. The illusion hung in the air a while afterward. "I wonder what it does to things without souls." He mused. "Elf magic is so intricate." Damion said with a note of relish in his voice.

"Anyway, I wanted permission to go search for it." Damion said. He clasped his hands together. "Probably wouldn't take long."

Frey watched the two of them with obvious curiosity in the beginning as they spoke, but it wasn’t before he heard what the actual artifact was that his interest peaked further. “Soul trapping?” he repeated and then stood up from the couch as well, although slowly, with a smirk forming. The possibilities were endless with such a thing, he could take souls without contracts - if the rumor was valid of course. Although… that would create an imbalance in who they got to deal with, but that was a problem for the reapers to deal with. He was too greedy to pass the chance. He would be able to collect whoever he wanted.

He smirked a bit. “I’m going with you,” he said to Damion. “Who knows, we might get to play with some elves while we are there,” he commented with a sweet smile, with eyes that were the furthest from ‘sweet’.

“But first things first,” he then said and looked over at Ares. The four contracts still hovering over his hand. “Make this trade with me. Then I will put my services in finding the mirror in the deal as well, free of charge. I would say that’s a pretty decent deal.”

Stepping back from Damion at his word, Ares let himself fell to the couch and thought. That was such an amazing Elf's possession and he was so tempted to look at that. But the illusion triggered something in his mind. The Blood Bender had encountered that somewhere in his past. Long long ago that his mind had chosen to forget about the artifact. Although, one thing he knew for sure, that was once a weapon and a shield owned by the God and The damned God had willingly giving it to the Elf as a trophy for being a shitty sassy race.

Ares suddenly chuckled as he stood up and with stern voice and cruel smile said to both his underlings, "Frey, i'll accept your deal but the mirror's out of the deal's matter. I need you for something that i think will happen some time later and you too, Damion."

Ares controlled his servant with just small movement to bring his two feather shaped dagger and his leather gloves. The Blood Bender gave a wide grin with a glimpse of sadistic intention,
"We will give our wonderful lazy asses scout a lovely visit~". Playing with his dagger lovingly he glanced at the Cursed One and the Mind Reader, "Don't worry, The mirrors're all yours, after all it was a gift from my old master~ But be careful not to get your soul sucked," he pulled the other two closer, leaned on their shoulder and whispered, "Since every creature have souls, just not as dark as ours". Ares leaned back and smiled.

@Hiddencard @Cross_Rhodes

Damion pulled a face. He absentmindedly soothed his shirt. The scout Ares desired had come to an undignified end a little while ago. He should have been more specific in his report. "There was a territory dispute earlier." Damion made an opened handed gesture. What was there to do? He paused and in the silence that followed decided to leave no doubt. "And he is gone, gone, gone." Damion tilted his head as if preparing to give the demon a lasting homage but didn't. The scout hadn't left much of an impression.

"Of course, I know everything he did." Damion said before anyone assumed otherwise. He raked a hand through his dark hair. "I'll find a map and circle the area."

The disappointing information from Ares about all creatures owning souls made him feel sour. Damion pressed his mouth into a line. It was a habit of Damion's his subordinates were quick to point him out on. His eyes narrowed as he exchanged one tell for another."What about you Ares, do you have a soul too?" If the mirror could inhale his soul, that seriously limited its user potential. "What would it look like?"

Damion smirked in Frey's direction. He had escaped much of Damion's plots up until now. It would be interesting to work with another high level demon. "Our kind has to stick together." Damion grinned. His voice as droning as any platitude."But playing nice with the other races is important too."

Ares let out a low swear words at the late details of the report. He tried to think of thousands ways to track the mirror and almost gave an order to Damion to mark certain areas on the map when the other had already offered to do so. Turning around while thinking of evaluating his way of demons recruitement which results were really disappointing for him at the moment, The Blood Bender could feel The Mind Reader's disappointment at the information he had given.

And a question, a simple question, suddenly made him froze on his place. His body unmoving as he slowly turned his body with a strained smile. With an unexplainable expression, he answered, "
Do you want to know?".

Leaving the question still hanging, The Blood Bender absentmindedly looked at one of the painting. The new one on his wall and suddenly, something clicked in his mind when The Mind Reader said something about playing nice with other races. He mumbled, "
If elf was given the mirror, then it's possible for them to hid it in the human's land. "

Taking off his robe, revealing his tattooed back, he tossed it on to the couch and asked Damion without turning around, "
Did they happen to heard the rumour in one of the human's village or near it?"

"Well, now I do." Damion muttered into his palm. He dubbed it a rhetorical question but one to return to later. There was never enough information on their leader. Damion slouched against the cavern rock. He hadn't anticipated this meeting to last so long. It was the kind of oversight that lead to his subordinates maiming each other. Out of boredom. Which was fine, Damion prodded a pinkie finger into his ear, in moderation. If he was there to do the moderating. Damion looked at Ares. His full attention on the demon as he guessed correctly.

Damion slouched lower against the wall. "As it happens," He said and brushed a hand though his hair, "yes, a human village. There was a case of a women who went comatose for no apparent reason. But they say she's still breathing and her eyes pop open despite all efforts to keep them closed. It sounds like a living death. . . " Damion flourished at the opportunity to embellish a rumor. He grinned. "I suppose this means we're going to the human village instead?" Damion nursed an air of disappointment but it was fleeting.

Damion watched Ares carefully. "So, the mirror was a gift from your old master?" He asked. The comment Ares made earlier had been a constant source of curiously. "What master was that?"

Catching the sound of The Mind Reader's mumbling, Ares silently smirked. His soul was darker than any soul. Tainted beyond saving. It's not like Ares needed any saving. He wouldn't bother going back to his fucked up old Master in heaven. Besides no one had ever got away alive after seeing his soul. And he would like to keep it that way for another good centuries.

The rumour got his full attention. A woman without soul. Living a death life. So Interesting. So intriguing. And all of that power was given to the Elfs. Ares chuckled silently at, in his opinion, tragic fact, they didn't know how to use the mirror's full ability. Thinking, knowing Damion could read his thought, that the much younger demons would practice and maybe master the mirror, Ares smirked in his mind. He didn't need the mirror, he could easily broke someone's soul in an instant or in a slow way.

Quirking his eyebrow, Ares answered with sarcastic tone,
"Yes. Unless you want to defy me by not doing so and I kindly suggest you not to do that."

Ares turned around at Damion's question. "
Yes, it was indeed a gift from my old master to the Elfs. You all may know him as God, Kami-sama, whatever names he had." Ares pointed at his sun tattoo on his forehead, "This is a mark. His follower's mark that's, sadly, permanent. And I was once his most loyal follower. But unfortunately, the rest of the story's for my ear only, my dear Damion." Ares smirked at Damion as he got dangerously close to him.

[[you can see the tattoo on my char pic! >///< thank you~]]

Damion shouted a laugh--more out of appreciation then amusement. His arms fanned out as he faced Ares. Damion grinned. "You're one of God's fallen angels? That's only slightly more surprising then God existing at all. Today has been fun." Damion rubbed a line under his bottom lip. His smirk fell all at once. Damion stood there looking at the ground, the ancient stone. His gaze was alight even while he stood still. Damion curled his fingers under his chin. He turned once slowly before looking at Ares again.

"The mirror is weird then. What could something like that exist for? " Damion posed the question for himself. Though he became aware that Ares might know. He stared at his leader's sun tattoo. It was contrary to most things demon. He wondered how many others knew about Ares's sorted past. Or rather, his angelic one. Damion felt another fit of laughter seizing him but he only smiled. At himself. At existence for all its little surprises. "And He gave a demonic--a soul stealing --mirror to the elves?"

Damion shook his head. He slid his hands over his face and then steepled them at his chin. "Why tell me this now?" He asked. Damion paced as he spoke, only making sure to pause to gauge Ares's facial expressions. "Is the mirror that important to you?" Damion grinned at the notion that Ares had anything important to him. He stared at the demon lord as if doing so might reveal all his secrets.

"Is there anything else I should know?" Damion asked. He forced himself to stand still. Ares knew much, probably scores of things he wanted know. Damion smiled. If only he could get him to share.

Ares's eyes clearly showed amusement at his underling's laugh. How he know the other's disbelief at his words. It didn't matter though. Ares didn't lie to anyone. The Blood Bender had told the truth and it's up to the listeners to decide their reaction. Chuckling darkly at the other's words, he answered, "Today's indeed a fun day. At least it is for some people"

Shrugging at Damion's with a not-so-caring expression, Ares fell to the couch with a 'thump' sound and dropped his arm around either side of his body. Lifting his legs and put it on the small stone table in the middle in a rude manner, Ares observed the two underlings he deemed precious enough to keep. And it was just yesterday that they came to him with their current but more endurable attitude and manner, giving their pledge of loyalties and such to him. Smirking at the 'fond' memories, Ares lifted his head when Damion asked him questions regarding the mirror and his private belief.
"Because i feel the need to do so. And to answer your question, i want the mirror but i don't want it. I need the mirror but in the same time i don't need it."

Unfortunately the young demon wasn't going to get the answer so easily. Not from him, at least. "There is one thing more you should know. " Ares stood up, walked onto the quiet empty space on the other side of the room, dagger on his right hand. Throwing the dagger onto the stone floor, making it stood up on its own with the stone cracking as the result, he clapped his hands lightly and lazily.
"We. Have. To. Go. Now. Damion, Frey~".The Blood Bender turned toward the two demons as a portal slowly formed before them. The Blood Bender made a hand movement and slightly bowed, "After you gentlemans~"

@Cross_Rhodes @Hiddencard

(Hey~ just post a reply as a response and we can go to the human village~... please reply too @Hiddencard~ thank you!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back