• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Demigod Academy, the webcomic project i've recently started

HumanPlus

Sleeper Agent
tumblr_mmw14sMYjD1sr81bjo1_r1_500.png

Hello, i want to promote this new project i've begun. I call it Demigod Academy, it's a Scion inspired soon-to-be interactive webcomic. I have yet to get myself into a proper workflow but i want to be able to do at least one update a week. If there is an questions, i will stay up to date on this thread or you can send an ask to my Tumblr.

You can find it here at http://demigodacademy.tumblr.com/

Example artwork:

tumblr_mso2lz0Iud1sr81bjo1_500.png

3X8qfOX.png

cUt07aK.png

By the way, if there's someone who knows a bit about homepages then i'd like some advice. I'd like a way to make my site have the updates be in a page-by-page format instead of the usual Tumblr scrolling system. It makes it annoying and difficult for new readers.

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
tumblr_mmw14sMYjD1sr81bjo1_r1_500.png

Hello, i want to promote this new project i've begun. I call it Demigod Academy, it's a Scion inspired soon-to-be interactive webcomic. I have yet to get myself into a proper workflow but i want to be able to do at least one update a week. If there is an questions, i will stay up to date on this thread or you can send an ask to my Tumblr.

You can find it here at http://demigodacademy.tumblr.com/

Example artwork:

tumblr_mso2lz0Iud1sr81bjo1_500.png

3X8qfOX.png

cUt07aK.png

By the way, if there's someone who knows a bit about homepages then i'd like some advice. I'd like a way to make my site have the updates be in a page-by-page format instead of the usual Tumblr scrolling system. It makes it annoying and difficult for new readers.
This is awesome. Would you like to find hosting with us for a site?

We currently host manseofivy.com and creationsgambit.rpdom.com

You would do that? That would be very, very much appreciated. I really wanted to do this on a proper site but i'm simply horrible with computers and how this kind of thing work so this makes me very happy. How would it work?

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
You would do that? That would be very, very much appreciated. I really wanted to do this on a proper site but i'm simply horrible with computers and how this kind of thing work so this makes me very happy. How would it work?
Send me a Private message and we can discuss the details.

Some more drawings for peoples interest.

By the way, if you have ever played Scion or have a character concept for a godchild, please send it in to my Tumblrs submission box or here. It can be as little or as much as you want. Preferred, i'd like to know the characters godly parent, have a little physical description or reference of him/her and possibly birthrights. I do this to widen my repertoire of minor and background characters for the series. Thought it would be cool if people could see their own characters in it.

zym4UKR.png

MKdhhjS.png

6F5fj1G.png

meP5Zja.png

EFlZwPU.png

ULJA6Xs.png

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
Some more drawings for peoples interest.
By the way, if you have ever played Scion or have a character concept for a godchild, please send it in to my Tumblrs submission box or here. It can be as little or as much as you want. Preferred, i'd like to know the characters godly parent, have a little physical description or reference of him/her and possibly birthrights. I do this to widen my repertoire of minor and background characters for the series. Thought it would be cool if people could see their own characters in it.

zym4UKR.png

MKdhhjS.png

6F5fj1G.png

meP5Zja.png

EFlZwPU.png

ULJA6Xs.png
This is awesome :D !

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]This is awesome :D !

[/QUOTE]
Well I'm planning on upping the interactiveness in the comic bit after bit. In the start I'll just let people add characters and let them decide between different ways the short stories could go. Later on I'm planning on having the readers send in possible stories themselves that I can draw and prioritize what the readers want when it comes to character progression and such. In the end, I'm hoping that all I'm going to do is to provide the setting and the drawing and have my readers do the rest. It's a thing I've seen done to some degree in the comic Prequel, just to a higher degree.

I say, If you can keep that artstyle up, consistant updates and interesting content, you've got a winner.

The premise should give you a ton of possibilities, so I apart from the consistency thing I don't doubt that you can. Would definitely be somethin' I'd read on a weekly basis.

I know shit all about art, so I'm not going to comment on that beyond; it does what it has to do.

Can't form a full opinion of the writing yet - likewise serviceable.

Still would be worried about WW's reaction...

I'll keep an eye on it, give you more useful feedback when I see more.

Grey said:
I know shit all about art, so I'm not going to comment on that beyond; it does what it has to do.
Can't form a full opinion of the writing yet - likewise serviceable.

Still would be worried about WW's reaction...

I'll keep an eye on it, give you more useful feedback when I see more.
WW does not own the concept of children of gods.

@ThatSmellyGoblin's comic could have nothing to do with Scion.

By that logic WW should sue the hell out of Percy Jackson and the Olympians or vice versa.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]WW does not own the concept of children of gods.
@ThatSmellyGoblin's comic could have nothing to do with Scion.

By that logic WW should sue the hell out of Percy Jackson and the Olympians or vice versa.

[/QUOTE]
All mythic pantheons alive and kicking in the modern day vs. still living Titans? Close enough that I'd be leery of it, especially with CCG owning them now.

Grey said:
All mythic pantheons alive and kicking in the modern day vs. still living Titans? Close enough that I'd be leery of it, especially with CCG owning them now.
Scion is legally owned by Onyx path, CCP sold it because it didnt make them any money. There is no way that Scions owns the exclusive copyright on Titans of anykind. Atleast not here in America, its too vague and impossible. They can however own the concept of Titans in their own setting and mechanics. So they own their take on titans, not titans in general.

I meant the whole modern war against the Titans. Didn't know CCP sold it though - totally in the clear.

I just thought it seemed like legit (ba-dum-TISH) concern; I'm endorsing caution, not screaming to shut Smelly down.

Hell, I wouldn't've said a word if I didn't want to offer some kind of support.

Which, assuming it won't be taken personally, I'll do by constructively criticising the writing.

Grey said:
I meant the whole modern war against the Titans. Didn't know CCP sold it though - totally in the clear.
I just thought it seemed like legit (ba-dum-TISH) concern; I'm endorsing caution, not screaming to shut Smelly down.

Hell, I wouldn't've said a word if I didn't want to offer some kind of support.

Which, assuming it won't be taken personally, I'll do by constructively criticising the writing.
Of course :) .

I just don't want him to get scared off. On RPdom I'm on usually always researching who owns what license, etc since these games get played on our site and the nature of said license. Scion in no well can ever sue this comic unless Smelly starts using Scion stuff.

Demigods, Titans, all fall under Public Domain.

@ThatSmellyGoblin, just needs to make sure he does not use Specific storylines, characters, and content created about such things would be able to be copyrighted.(Which are the only things Scion are allowed to own).

I've already asked permission from White Wolf and Onyx Path and got a personal "OK" from our very own mr. Richt.

That's great. I'm looking forward to reading your webcomic. I haven't played scion, but if I get the chance, I will definitely send something in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back