• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Deletion of Posts in Interest Checks?

spacepossum

✧ goth prince ✧
Like stated in the title, I am wondering if it is possible to delete messages and posts in an interest check of one's own. For example, I created an interest check yesterday, and I want to delete unnecessary messages from another user. However, I have searched around on all the buttons and such, and have only found out a way to delete my own posts. In fully-fledged roleplays, for example, you can delete anyone's posts as long as you are the admin of that roleplay. Is that possible in interest checks, or no? Or is there possibly another method of doing as such?

You are not allowed to delete another user's post in a public thread.

By public thread, I exclude roleplays. They are public, yes, but that is the only situation where you as a roleplay creator can delete any user's post.

Users should not hold control over other users content. As a roleplay creator you gain the ability to control what is posted in your game, but in other discussion threads you do not. If you have an issue with something that someone posted, please report it. If you are simply deleting the posts to propose a new idea, you can just make a new thread. Otherwise, if you have enough players for your game, you can create the roleplay and direct user's to the OCC thread where you have more control.

Suggestion: if the post is completely irrelevant to your Interest Check, inflammatory, Derogatory, or an attempt to hijack your thread ... try Reporting it with a polite request to have the Staff take a look. I had a case of someone asking Can I do this? Why not. C'mon why not. That's unreasonable ... .... You get the picture. Got that mess snipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back