De'kiral

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
Deathkitten Deathkitten

e6720cf58ed43e951180a8801342325d.jpg

De'kiral stretched his wings out while he waited for the children to arrive. The process was slow, but that was to be expected. There were a lot of students to get on this floating rock, and that couldn't be done instantaneously. Expected as well, was the looks he was getting from many of the new students. No one expected someone like him, horns and all, to be teaching a nature class. Mind you, this wasn't a big deal. He was used to this sort of reception, especially when people found out what he did for a living.

The children were released, allowed to come to the various sign-wielding teachers. He lazily stuck his between his first and second set of horns so it could be more easily seen. He had two delinquent students who wouldn't be joining him yet, though he'd meet them later on, and that concerned him slightly. Depending on what they'd be like, his life this year could be extremely difficult or pretty easy. He didn't envy Lu-Dao on this one... and definitely wouldn't have chosen to do it had they given him the same choice.

Once his students were all rounded up, he cleared his throat, "My name is De'kiral. I'm your new Nature Magicks teacher. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want to see, but otherwise we're heading directly to the classroom, where we can chat about the lay of the land. I'll answer questions that any of you have, and also give a general idea of what my plan is for the class." He turned to lead them away, "Follow me, and tell me if you want to see anything while we're walking."

Since there entry test Ariella had gone back to Italy with her sister. Having meet her sisters family they didn't seem to like her at first glance but by the end they had accepted her into the family. Then her and her sister had gone back to the school. Honestly Ariella paid no attention to anything during there wait for the buses or the orientation besides a butterfly that had started fluttering around her during orientation that she ate.

Then they were told to go to there assigned teachers and immediately Ariella felt nervous about leaving her sister though she was calmed by her sisters words and affectionate gesture. Then chiara went off to her teacher leaving Ariella alone. She heavily debated ditching her own teacher and following her sister but decided against it and went to her teacher. The man made Ariella curious to say the least as she silently walked over through the crowds. The man was tall and demonic looking which put her at a little ease as she figured he could be someone she could go to about what she was seeing as how they both looked evil and out of place. Quickly Ariella found her self at the mans feet staring up at him in silence her eyes unblinking as she stared at him.

When he started to move Ariella stuck close to his side though her eyes watched her sister heavily with a want to return to the comfort of her elder sister. Not paying attention to where she was going she bumped into her teacher and quickly took a couple steps her head hanging low to avoid his gaze for fear he was angry with her.

Xanjay Vaughn-Evens

A black plastic chair filled by a tall black haired boy silently stood out at the end of the big gathering as he peacefully scribbled about on a cute-looking notepad. It was hot pink with rainbow-colored flowers and a character from an Anime series he watched with his brother a little while back. His silver eyes peeked up at the crowd listening to the principal, his glance lingering on those who happened to see him sitting down while they stood up. He gave them a smile. They snarled back. Somewhere in his mind he died of laughter as he gave the principal 75 percent of his attention. Multitasking was one of his most powerful weapons, whether it be during battle, or chores around the house. This skill was sharpened. Of course it was all because of the master who taught him by juggling work, house duties, and he and his brother all at once... Master being none other than his mother.

Xanjay began ticking and crossing out things on a list he had in his writing-pad. That list being of the things he had stored in his dark dimension. A vast place he gained access to after the near mastery of his powers. So far he can store a number of manageable inanimate objects within, ranging from consumables to gear. Not to mention Xavier's hell-fire. Although, he's training to be able to store living things as well, the closest being that one time his mother went overboard with a demon summoning and he ended up having to hide his brother and himself from a devastating attack before their mother could send the thing back to hell. During that time it took 10-15 seconds for their bodies to react to the unnatural conditions the space offered, leaving them to merely pass through a tunnel taking them in and out within that time. Xanjay thought back to that memory only to recall that chat he had with his brother on the bus. He almost forgot about their shadows being linked.

Tearing out a page Xanjay wrote down a little note, folded it, and laid it onto his shadow as it was absorbed inside. After that, a small rip in the atmosphere leading to his dimension opened up behind him to catch the notepad and pen he was finished with figuring he wouldn't need them for what was coming up next. It was basically just introduction time from the looks of it. Xanjay lazily removed himself from the plastic seat as another rip big enough for the chair appeared below it. It fell in, and the rip closed up like the one before. He stretched upwards as a yawn he'd been holding in for the entirety of the bus ride came out.

Lines were formed before him as the line of instructors became way more visible than it was from his original seating position as he scanned the teachers and their signs. He looked them over. He smiled. Looked like his teacher was some kind of Draconian hybrid, which according to his father was extremely rare as in truth it was a form taken by legendary creatures that lived amongst the gods known as dragons. A form they used to fit in with the world. The one the teacher was using right now. Xanjay was going to spend his school life being taught by a dragon. Wow. Instead of nerding out at his instructor's heritage he followed a younger girl's lead and made his way in the tiny group he considered classmates.

Last edited:
It has been a fantastical experience as of late, to say the least. To the numerous encounters Himari had to go through, it is a wonder how her school year has not even started yet when there is already this much. Almost too much for her. The dangerous situations that almost threatened her life, the exigent problems that required quick thinking, and the foibles that she had done that abashed her to no end. She shuddered at the very thought of the last one. It was never the best thing for a proper lady's confidence to be abated, she thought.

But this is hardly the time to dwell on the past, Himari had realized. She opened her eyes and saw that they were finally at their destination. Before getting out of the shuttle with the crowd of the students, Himari sighed. She was a little dazed from the trip (and also from thinking of the past too much) that she brought her hand to her chest and clutched gently where she could feel the packets in her vest. She tried her hardest not to bump against anyone as they went down the shuttle. Everyone seems to be excited, even Himari had a little of a glint of enthusiasm in her eyes. Then, the principal approached and opened up with her hallmark platitudes that enticed every student to further kindle their sense of adventure. Impressionable and callowed, the students all had a collective amazement and bout of ebullience. Or atleast, this was what Himari thought of the crowd's reactions for she was also as impressed and eager as every single one of her batchmates. Though she thought that she hid it very well, it was pretty obvious for some that she was very happy right now.

Ms. Astrella pointed to the teachers that would be managing the various subjects, making no time to waste. The teachers were holding signs that correspond to their course. Himari stood on the tips of her toes, looking for the teacher that taught nature magicks. From the back of her mind, she was picturing a well-meaning old lady that is experienced in herbs. Like the good witches that she watched from the western cartoons that were quite popular when she was a child. She blushed a light-pink as she searched, then stopped with a dark-blue streaming from her forehead when she saw a grotesque monster. The draconic man was not easy to miss, he was a giant compared to the other teachers! It was apparent that he did not teach Himari's course, Himari deluded herself, so she searched more for the kind obaasan that would teach different fields of botany.

Unfortunately, this teacher would not appear. Ignoring the obvious, none of the other teachers had 'Nature' as their course. Could the dragon-man be... No..., Himari thought as she looked further. The other students were already almost completely lined up at their designated posts, and there were now fewer and fewer students alongside Himari looking for their teacher. . Himari started to look at every sign fervently, lest the another embarrassment would befall her. She finally saw the sign labeled with her course, it was held up high, how could she have missed this? How could she have missed the conspicuous sign that was... stuck between two horns... Oh. Perhaps it was time to face reality.

Defeated, Himari reluctantly joined the other students of the Nature magicks group. Their teacher had introduced himself with De'kiral, a rather peculiar name that is almost otherworldly. Other than the rather unnerving miasma (that Himari might just be imagining), Mr. De'kiral gave off a laid-back feel as he made himself known to his students. This allayed the worries of Himari, and even gave her a bit of chutzpah. Once the opportunity of asking a question arose, Himari approached her teacher and proceeded with her query. "Mr. De'kiral", Himari started by raising her hand and looking up to him, as well as most probably butchering the pronunciation of her teacher's name, "what is this lay of the land?" This came out a bit more brusquely than she would have preferred, but she was genuinely curious of the expression.

e6720cf58ed43e951180a8801342325d.jpg
There wasn't much reason to dwell on the students' nervousness, as this was a passing, and although it sounds cheesy, it was also very natural for the lot to be filled with anxiety at the moment. A very young girl was one of the first to make it up to him. He almost immediately knew who she was. Ariella. She was going to be a handful, especially if any of the others made this little girl upset. Her need to control herself was similar to a beast's need, or in his case, to a dragon's. This is why she was sat with him, instead of some other teacher or even saddled along with her adoptive sister.

The little half-pint even eventually bumped into him, looking horrified at what she had just done, as though it was a horrid thing. He sighed and placed a caring hand on her head, ruffling her hair just slightly before dropping his arm back to his side. (( Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving ))

Another individual he had noticed during the talk. Like the teacher himself, this boy was paying only partial attention, and clearly felt comfortable in using his abilities as he pleased. That would be a conversation in the future, he mentally noted to himself, seeing as the current sociopolitical climate would hardly allow for such displays. Here, yes, it would be fine, seeing as he was around his ilk. Outside, however, on the ground where there were more normal people than powered individuals, that was more dangerous. (( Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion ))

Once someone finally spoke up with a question, he turned, still walking though he was now facing backwards, "By lay of the land, I mean that when we get to the classroom, we will talk about what is on campus, and where various things are. I plan to give you all maps to minimize the possibility of you getting confused as to where something is." (( MirrorBoy MirrorBoy ))

De'kiral turned again as they came through a door and into a hall of classrooms. Most teachers had gone to tour the grounds first, so it wasn't too busy. He pointed to a sign above the door that said MN-106. "This is our classroom. The ones nearby are Arcane, Divine, and Other. We are, of course, Nature," he said, opening the door to the room.

It was a simple set-up in and of itself, though there were many plants adorning the walls and corners, and even the ceiling of the room. There was so much plant life strewn about that it almost looked like a strange forest aside from the hardwood floor and window on the far wall. In the center in a loose circle were 15 desks and a teacher's chair, one of few areas clear of plants. "We don't do your typical, bleak concrete box setup that an unfortunate number of schools opt for. To promote better learning and to have better conversations, we have chairs on wheels and classes are only about 15 students each."

ca74245121e187484b598286383d605f--mythological-creatures-fantasy-creatures.jpg
He sat in the teacher's chair, folding one leg over the other as he watched to see what the students would do. Most took a seat immediately. "Right. So. Ask me whatever you want about the school or about myself. To get some quick questions out of the way, however," he stretched his wings out with a sigh before tucking them back comfortably, "I am a dragon. Technically, I do element manipulation. In particular, I mess with the elements of life and death. Yes, I know they're opposites. Since I deal with things so integral to nature, and since I'm a dragon, the school felt it best that I teach the Nature Mages this year. Don't worry though, I am quite knowledgeable on the material I'm going to be teaching you. So. Now then. Questions?"

As he waited for questions, he silently passed out a map to each of the students, as well as a syllabus for the year. A translucent fox creature stepped out from the plants, checking out each of the students in the room. He paid it no mind, seeming to ignore the thing entirely. The fox, once satisfied that it had vetted each of the newbies, hopped into the air, using the air itself as a stepping stone once, twice, and then it vanished. In its place were light blue sparkling, crackling bits of energy that fell to the ground like snow, but disappeared before they made contact.

As the teacher turned around and answered her question, he was walking backwards. This very laid back mannerism really... doesn't match his appearance, thought Himari. De'kiral answered her question as if speaking with the crowd, using the query to get the conversation going. Speaking of a 'conversation', Himari thought that this teacher might be actually the type that can connect with students. Her curiosity has been fighting with fear that very moment, but the almost light atmosphere of how the teacher acts has beat out all the fright and uncertainty she was feeling.

She walked with the other students that followed De'kiral. After the teacher stopped and showed the hall where the classrooms are in, he opened the door to the classroom. With the bright light that came from the room, a fresh scent also emanated and diffused from the door opening. As they entered, Himari can only look with amazement at the flourishing plants that grew across the room. It was like garden. The variety of the plants is amazing too, Himari wanted to inspect them closer but she feared she might accidentally use her magicks. Besides, I need to listen to the teacher right now, she thought. De'kiral talked up the classroom's characteristics, saying how different it is from the typical dull classroom. Everyone seemed to agree, Himari included, though she couldn't imagine the typical classroom as she was taught at their estate by her private tutors. She did read them up on books, but that is hardly experiencing the real thing. All of these things unique in the classroom compared to the typical are all exceptional, yet one of them was just unfathomable to Himari.

The chairs have wheels. What the impetus of having the chairs mobile, Himari couldn't even imagine. I guess you would not have to carry them, Himari thought. As Himari was distracted by thoughts of putting wheels on chairs, De'kiral sat on the teacher's chair, and the other students followed to find their seats. Noticing this, her eyes widened at how the students were so blase. The uninitiated Himari walked carefully and chose the seat nearest to her. While Himari was having worries that the chair would suddenly move and slip, it didn't. There was locking mechanism present, probably, but Himari didn't know this and she sat on her chair as rigid as a pole, resting her arms on the desk.

De'kiral proceeded to continue his introduction. Once he was done, he asked for questions. She had a question in her mind, but thanks to the chair's imaginary imbalance Himari could hardly focus. When she finally calmed herself down, a map and a paper where the course's syllabus was printed were placed on the students' desks. Just as this was happening a fox with an unnatural color (and supernatural characteristic) appeared. It reminded her of the folklore of fox spirits living in the mountains of her home province. She hasn't really seen one before and most people would probably rise up from their seats in shock when seeing such a creature, but she noted how the translucent fox was ignored by the teacher and did just the same. When the fox disappeared after passing each student, Himari was left with a sense of wonder. This wonder transformed itself to excitement. Excitement from this new experience at a new school. Thinking of that, she examined the syllabus and the map with glee.

Ariella blushed a little when there teacher pet her a little. Quickly following him to the room with the other students. Instantly she was happy as the scenery around them matched a dense jungle. Giggling happily she ran into the plants completely ignoring the chairs as she explored the brush before her eyes locked onto the fox spirit. Slowly she approached it till she was close enough to pounce. Then she did though was in for a surprise as she fazed through the fox. Instantly looking around quickly she caught eye of the fox as it jumped through the air before disappearing. Instantly she growled a little before she finally paid attention to the chairs and the other people. Seeing an empty seat by the teacher she climbed into it happily. Sadly though she was barely big enough to fit into the chair. Groaning quietly at how she was small she looked to the other students only to realize she was the smallest in the class. Curling her lips down into a small frown before she looked to the teacher with a normal expression. listening quietly to his and the other students words. Honestly at this point there was no use to try and communicate. She couldn't speak in the first place, the only way she has communicated up until this point is with the telepathic link her sister had with her. Other than that she was silent besides the monstrous screeches, clicks, and calls.

Last edited:
1516645943572.pngThere were no questions to be had until one student off to the right hand side of the circle raised their hand and immediately asked what De'kiral knew was coming. "What was that fox?" the boy asked, looking around with a little bit of blush touching his cheeks, "I mean I can't be the only person wondering that. That was crazy!"

De'kiral nodded, eyeing the other students who seemed to have similar reactions to that and to the fact that he is a dragon. He all but ignored the bounding, small girl that found her seat next to him, only offering a glance in her direction. She'd be difficult, though at least she seemed sweet. He sighed, playing with how to explain it in his mind before leaning back, "That is, effectively, our class familiar. On one of my missions a few years back, I found him wandering about this cave I was meant explore and retrieve information on. In short, there was a Supervillain there who had, as many do, ill intent for the surrounding area. He was using a natural cave formation that was on top of some ridiculously strong ley lines. So that little fox was in there and followed me home. Unfortunately, the exact nature of the little fox... I'm not at liberty to explain to you all yet, but they are rather interesting."

"If any of you are worried," he continued, "they are harmless to you all. Its name is Auri, and I tend to call it a he, though really I don't think it has much of a sex one way or another. Anyways, the only way that Auri would deign to 'hurt' you is to stop you from hurting others. He's very good at bindings, funny enough. Something as carefree and aloof as that fluff-head, you'd not expect it to be good at stopping movement."

De'kiral stood, going to the board, which was also on wheels. He pulled it closer to the group and started writing.

De'kiral - Nature Mages class, room MN-106
  • Be respectful
  • Be on time
  • Ask questions, even if you think they're stupid
  • Be careful

"These are all the main things that I want you all to be aware of. I expect a certain level of respect from you, and if not given that respect, you will learn fairly quickly that I should be given it," he said, making a little slash on the board next to the first bullet-point, "Next, to be on time is important to me, and I hope that it will be equally as important to you. When you're late, you make other people's ability to focus go down." He made another slash, moving on to the next one, "Ask questions. Even if it's a silly question, it is likely that someone else is wondering the same thing or at least similar. Be brave. With only 15 people to a class, it isn't meant to be as intimidating as a traditional classroom."

He paused after slashing that one off as well and sighed, tapping the board for the last one, "Finally... be careful. This doesn't necessarily apply to this class specifically, but rather to this path in general. Being a Superhero is very rewarding, but also very dangerous. We've all had our licks, and it isn't pleasant. I don't want to end up down one student because they got in a fight that went way too far."

De'kiral tapped the board, and it began cleaning itself as he pushed it back into place, "With that short talk out of the way, how about we go see a few things around campus, hmm? Just make sure to keep your syllabus and map on you. I might be tempted to quiz you on it if I think you've not read it." He chuckled and walked towards the door, "Once you are at your dorms, just make sure to read the syllabus and look over the map provided. It'll help you avoid getting lost. Not all teachers give one out, so consider yourselves part of the lucky ones."

1516650832419.pngHe opened the door, allowing others to exit before he did. He then walked ahead of the group, going to the cafeteria, "Technically, this isn't a part that I really should show you, since it's a bit of a waste of time... but I'm hungry, what about you all?" With a general consensus of surprised yeses, he smirked and went up to the long counter, explaining as he went, "At all times, there's someone working at the cafeteria. With the large population here, as well as the variety of needs, it's a well-loved expense. For instance, since I am a dragon, my caloric needs are quite high... and they're nothing compared to another teacher here. You'd rarely see him without food in his hand. Regardless, these wonderful people," he paused to smile at the woman behind the counter, who in turn rolled her eyes with a snort, "are trained chefs, or in some cases are students who are interested in improving their culinary skills. It's quite fulfilling, I'm told."

He pointed to a menu hanging above their heads, "Order what you'd like, and perhaps through food we can become a bit more acquainted with one another. The food is free, of course. If you want something off-menu, it might cost you though." The menu was displayed on a series of monitors as though at a Subway, implying that the food options changed regularly, and the attractive woman behind the counter was rather obviously connected to nature in some way. She looked more like a Dyrad than a Human, and her clothes were scant, a tube top covering her breasts, and equally small skirt covering her rear. Her wild hair was tied up in a high ponytail that barely contained it.

~Special~
Garlic Mashed Potato Stuffed Leg of Lamb

~Food~
Cheese or 3 Meat Tortellini with choice of sauce
Alfredo
Bolognese
Pesto
Ragù

Cheese or Pepperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza

All-you-can-eat Popcorn Shrimp

Salads - With Italian or ranch dressing
Kale and Apple Salad
Caesar Salad
Spinach Salad

~Drink~
Soda Fountain Beverage

Teas - Can be ordered hot or cold
Sweet Tea
Green Tea
Chai Tea
Oolong

Water

The bout of glee continued until one of Himari's classmates, a boy at the right side, pointed out and asked the teacher of the fox. This went a bit too abrupt for Himari, and the student was a bit too excited for her as well. She thought of this while before focusing back on the map and syllabus. The teacher answered the question with a remarkable sigh that resembled him blowing out flames before finally presenting the fox as a familiar. Himari wasn't that familiar with the concept, she only knows what the fox resembles but she couldn't have guessed that it apparently was a sort of proctor to the class. Fox spirits in her home country weren't that common either, neither were they proctors in classrooms. But Himari wasn't that shocked to see them, though she would remember rumors in other provinces dismissing them as bad luck.

The fox was not bad luck though, and the classroom wasn't either. Himari could only think how lucky she was to get in a school like this (with an entrance score so terrible that she would hide it from her brother. He would definitely laugh once he finds out..., Himari thought.), a school so advanced that it had wheeled chairs. And just as Himari has gotten over those chairs, the instructor just had to pull out the wheeled board. This time, Himari just was not amused, she would grant it praise for convenience but she just disliked the excess of things. De'kiral proceeded to write on the board, it was hard to see just what he was writing thanks for his huge stature. When he finished, it revealed a neat handwriting that proved more contrast to his appearance. The content itself were the house rules of the course under him. He discussed each rule, every rule Himari understood. The one rule that marked her quite was the one about asking questions. It made her a bit red, when she realized she had abstained from asking about Auri.

After discussing these rules, De'kiral motioned the class for a bit of a tour. Himari's eyes lit up, she was looking forward to this part of the tour. She was very happy, though it only manifested on her visage as a slight smile. The draconic teacher then opened the door for his students, the chivalry of the dragon was astounding. Though Himari wouldn't exactly ascribe knightly behavior to a dragon, it was a contradiction in the face of fantasy picturebooks of the legends that she had read as a child.

Arriving at the cafeteria, De'kiral's tone of voice subtly change into a more ebullient one. He talked up the ins-and-outs of the cafeteria in a tone like he was talking about an old friend. It looks like teacher comes here quite frequently, Himari observed. She could only agree at how amazing the cafeteria of this school, though. The spacious room had a very high ceiling, seats lined up with steel tables, and bright screens that show the menu for the day. The monitors weren't that of a shock for Himari, however. She was more concerned about the lady in charge of the food. More specifically, the almost meretricious (in Himari's standards, even more so) way of dress of the woman concerned her. De'kiral described her as one of the chefs who were very skilled, to which the woman just rolled her eyes. As she lined up to order with the other students, It further concerned Himari how the chef's hair wasn't secured properly. Once it was finally her turn, she found it hard to choose from the Italian words that lined the menu. Himari sighed, and just chose to order the special and a hot green tea.

She then went toward De'kiral and asked, "Um excuse me, is that chef perhaps..." She paused, then sighed before continuing, "...not supposed to wear a hair net?" An odd question to be sure, one would first ask about the chef's odd appearance that resembled a plant spirit. Himari just realized this. She was embarrassed that she had asked such a weird question to her teacher but she still stood firmly by her question for the sake of decency and... cleanliness.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school. Just a friendly hello. :angel:
them
I'm messaging a whole bunch of new students to say hi while you guys are on your tour.
(( MirrorBoy MirrorBoy ))

Boxxy Woodsman
(Jaun Deaux)

Boxxy began to reminisce on his most recent moments in life as he sat on that damnable, crowded bus. It was only two months ago that that darned simulation test was tricked upon him. In the end, his efforts to protect fleeing students with his 'flesh nets' managed to let himself worm his way to the passing criteria, which was fine. He had no intention of standing out, the greatest benefit of being a shapeshifter was just how completely unnoticable and unassuming he could be. Which was for the best, if the remnants of those damnable researchers found him, he wasn't in for a smooth ride...

The moment he took note of his teacher, a dragonman named De'kiral he made an attempt at copying his horns, little nubs of flesh stretched and grew into wonky, but realistic looking horns. After shifting the horns back into the rest of his body, essentially scrapping his flawed creation he approached the teacher, standing somewhere near the back of the group that stood before him. The majority appeared to be magicians or people with other forms of affinities with nature. Not things he was particularly knowledgeable of or used to, nevertheless, knowledge was power, and to gain the power he was looking for, to consume all, learning everything he could about his potential allies and foes was for the best.

By the time they entered the classroom, Boxxy had been playing around with his hands, making little models of dogs and rabbits out of his fleshy palm, then promptly clenching that same hand into a fist as his skin-scupltures melt back into his body. He moved to take a seat around the center of the classroom, being too far forward made him feel uncomfortable, whilst being at the back might make it harder to learn or escape the classroom in case of... bad times?

Admittedly, unlike some of his classmates, his interest quickly faded at the sight of the fox. It was ethereal, or spiritual, or something. It didn't matter to Boxxy, the fox didn't have a proper body, the fox didn't have flesh, the fox wasn't edible. Why would Boxxy care for such an inedible existence.

The next few minutes consisted of Boxxy following along, making a mental note of every corridor and room that they were shown. Admittedly, yet again, his attention was wavering until they entered the cafeteria.

A glorious place, mountains of food. So much food. Meat to chomp down on, soup to slurp and if he was lucky, bones to crunch in his borderline unbreakable teeth.

He was listening now... well, sort of, his attention first focused on the Dryad chef. Plant. Edible, not as tasty as meat though. Not interested. Next his artificial eyes quickly scanned over the menu... meat... he needed meat...

"Hey there miss... can I get the special please?" his smile was wide, but disengenuine, this was an act he was far too used too performing. The kind and gentle ones were the most trustworthy, treated the best, usually. His long-since developed voice met his appearance and act, perfected and engineered to come off as meek, it was high-pitched for a boy of his age, but not enough that it was annoying, just somewhat effeminite.

Xanjay Vaughn-Evens

The walk to their classroom was relatively pleasing as besides the school's gymnasium Xanjay hadn't ventured much at all. In fact, during that five minute walk he barely managed to keep his eyes off their guide and instructor who lead them between entrances to classrooms before stopping at a particular one. Xanjay looked at the sign above the doorway for a bit before looking through, it was unexpected, but yet amazing. The place of learning was decorated with greenery giving off an enchanted forest vibe, though he felt it could just be his imagination from the movie he sneaked in before bed. Not to mention the adjustable padded chairs on wheels that he and his brother would fight for whenever they visited their mother at the office. Xanjay added bringing the memorable office chair with him whenever he got the chance to his to-do list. However, this made him wonder if customization was allowed, though he figured probably not. Finally entering the class he was one of the last to take a seat, preferring one the furthest from the front; the circle furniture arrangement making it easily the best seat for him.

A mystical creature of unknown origin made its way from desk to desk just before Xanjay could put his feet up, the littlest girl in the class taking a bound at the ghostly Furball before it walked on air and vanished into pretty sparkles. A pair of silver eyes surveyed the class once more after staring at the spot the fox last was, he pushed the questions and opinions on about it to the back of his mind as his teacher gave some insight to the students about himself before passing around maps and this year's syllabus to them. Wow. Xanjay knew the school was extremely big as he got several good glances around at it but the well detailed map sealed the deal for him, this place was definitely going to be fun whether he willed it or not as he and his brother had yet a whole campus to explore.

The voice of a boy speaking up for the class with a question on the fox played out in the background as Xanjay browsed the map for places of interest, his teacher responding with a short tale on how he met the familiar which accompanied shortly after by the rolling of wheels caused his head to face front. Well here it isn't my favorite part of the tour. As the Draconian man laid his practiced script upon the board all eyes were literally on him, his size and extra appendages making it impossible to see what he wrote until he was done. Simple house rules, or at least things that should be of common nature to everyone here stared back at Xanjay as the writer proceeded to go over them, the last one showing a more caring side to him. A side of a teacher Xanjay never saw..

The lecture ended and the class gathered, destination...--the school's cafeteria. This place was probably the most unique if one considered the menu's variety alone. To Xanjay the many choices seemed menacing, not to mention the particular being that was often associated with nature happened to be a chef here; her existence confirming the almost one-sided ratio of healthy to unhealthy things on the list to order. Fast-food, home cooked meals, dinner, overseas delights... Knowing he'd be there awhile he ordered a Soda, didn't make any sense to stress over a bite to eat after all. Although he had to admit that like all of what he'd seen here at the school, that their cafeteria merely added to the list of things that blew other schools' offerings out the water. Xanjay took that moment of calm he had to observe the Dryad at work, his face resting against the palm of his hand as he leaned on the counter.

Last edited:
Ariella Lavenza

Ariella heard the mentioning of food and was instantly excited about it. Her stomach grumbling in agreement as they made there way to the cafeteria. Once there a lady gave them a menu though to her nothing looked good. Then her nose was filled with something she wanted badly. Meat, Quickly she took a couple deep sniffs before her head jerked to face the kitchen. Swiftly her eyes darted back to everyone else before slowly Ariella slipped from the group and into the kitchen. With complete silence. Swiftly she got onto all fours and made her way through the kitchen in silence. Then she got to the meat locker. Taking another couple sniffs before a soft low clicking sound came from within her throat. It was clear the distance from her sister was starting to take effect as the Spines on her back pushed against her shirt, the line on her chin was more defined now and easily visible as she opened the locker. Instantly she growled with pleasure as the meat filled her nostrils. Instantly she lunged in her jaws locked onto a massive piece of cow at least half of the body, cleaned and cut that had been hanging from a meat hook and ripped it out of the fridge with a small thud from the piece of meat hitting the locker door. Once she had it on the ground she growled as she ripped into the chilled meat ferociously not really caring if someone heard now as her instincts started to take over. Ripping into the carcass one mouth full after another. As she ate the spines on her back tore threw the shirt and stuck out behind her as she started to shift slowly while she tore into the meat.

((Literally just read that and realised a young girl just dropped on all falls in a public place, dashed through a kitchen, got into a freezer and just sorta started eating a slab of raw beef. Like wat))

De'kiral watched his students, allowing them to order before he would do so himself. Before long there was a question aimed his way, and he smirked at the boldness of it. He shook his head as the woman rolled her eyes at the question, "No no. Tying her hair up in a pony tail is enough. If you see most restaurants, the cooks don't tend to wear hair nets. That's a middle school cafeteria thing that seems to have stuck around in people's minds. Really, she's fine. Keeping her hair up as it is works well. Besides, I doubt it would fit in a hair net." He paused, thinking of how to continue as he leaned against a railing, "Astute observation, though. That sort of careful eye to detail will help you in the long run."

The woman behind the counter was fulfilling the different requests, taking the orders first before moving off to start working on them. As she did this, he watched one of the girls, the one he was most keen to keep an eye on, sneak off. He sighed inwardly before heading off after her casually, "I'll be right back you guys. Enjoy your food. I'll order in a moment." Waving them off, he stepped into the kitchen after her and shifted into a relatively small dragon form so he would fit easily and still be able to move around. His scales were black with a slight purple tint to them, looking oh so intimidating.

This shift from one form to another was fluid, as he had done it a million times before and would to it a million times again. Still, he was significantly larger than the young girl's still changing form. This was why they stuck her with him. She needed to learn how to control her instincts... and he really doubted she was any worse than hatchling dragons... or god forbid, adolescent dragons. Them killing off random things that suited their fancy because they were hungry was half the reason they were such a rare species nowadays.

Now standing next to her quietly, his head just above hers, he chuffed, breathing out in a sharp, short exhale. {Calm yourself child,} he almost ordered her mentally, though not uncaring, {You may have your food, but you must ask for it first. Needing a large carcass is okay, but you must ask first. Even feeding privately is fine, but ask first.} He sighed, dragging the meat under him with his claws in a clear show of dominance as he growled loudly enough that some of the students waiting for their meals might have even heard it, {Your sister is in a different class because you need to learn how to handle yourself. You will see her at the end of this tour, but when you are in my presence I am your alpha. Have I made myself clear? Now go back and wait for food like the rest of us.}

((Partial post, as I need to know what Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving does next before I can continue. :) ))
(( OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion MirrorBoy MirrorBoy ))

Ariella

Ariella felt her teachers presence almost immediately as she ravaged the carcass she had. When he chuffed at her, her body tensed and flinched just a little but continued to eat none the less. Feeling her meal was threatened she had started to drag the meat away from him before he pulled it back which got an immediate hiss from her as she pulled back on the carcass a soft clicking sound came from her throat almost as if she was warning him to stay away from her food. The small conflict though only seemed to progress her shift as her body was quickly reverting to its primal form. now her legs were fully shifted into the tendrils, her tail already grown out though it wasn't her full size, her pinkey finger had disappeared on each hand and with that the other fingers had turned fully into long sharp talons. Her jaw was now fully shifted as well and her hair had disappeared entirely. Though no sign of her second pare of limbs was present they were bound to happen soon. As he spoke into her mind she closed her eyes tightly thrashing her head a little against the meat. It was clear she unwelcomed his voice in her head but could do nothing to stop it. Still yet she pulled at the carcass to try and get it away from him. Though when he growled at her she let go and poised up so her head was level with his. she clicked softly as she stared at him with savage eyes waiting for a battle over the food to happen, almost welcoming it as she hissed at him all the while not taking her eyes off her teacher. His pressing for dominance in this relationship didn't effect her goal yet. Right now to Ariella she had no authority yet in these situations as in situations like this, battles for dominance weren't talked out peacefully, Still there were signs indicating Ariella was doing her best to hold back the savage side of her.​

Last edited:
2C42804C-6AD4-4E0D-9A4B-E4A905FC1D2B.jpegDe’kiral sighed, sounding more like another, softer chuff. He had really hoped this wouldn’t turn into a fight so soon. She was such a sweet little girl when she wasn’t a monster. But, he supposed, that was what the schooling was for. {I will give you your food when you calm yourself,} he stated calmly in her mind. Draconic vocal cords were great for Draconic, but not so great for English, so he spoke like this while in this form. As he met her eyes, he wasn’t really concerned with the possibility of a fight. He was thinking that he’d have to complain later about getting stuck with someone like her. Lu-Dao dealt with delinquents with his sage bull, not him. But noooo, they thought he’d be a great match for the girl who tries to steal a whole freaking carcass.

Whatever. This was taking too long. He snatched her up, holding her gently but firmly in his mouth. It wouldn’t hurt, but there’d be little chance she could move. He was tempted to just sit here and wait until she gave up and calmed down, but he didn’t want that tail of hers to wreck the kitchen. The chef would be super pissed at him, and he couldn’t have that. So, the field it was! He grumbled silently and opened a sort of portal in the ground, which they both fell through, meat and all.

On the other side was the field.

———————————————

The dryad behind the counter sighed at the dramatic display, but focused on the kids. “Your teacher is having to explain to the one that crawled off all sneaky like that you ask for food before you take it,” she explained, smiling pleasantly, “Your food’ll be done in a second. Drinks are over there, along with cups.” She pointed to the left of her, the right for the students, where there was a soda machine as well as a number of containers for the various kinds of tea.

“Don’t worry about a thing you guys. Ask me if you want anything else, alright?” As she said this, little wooden golems trotted out with trays held above their heads. They hopped up onto the chairs of the nearest tables, where they set them down and trotted back off. “Bon appetite,” she said, resting her head on her hand, “I hope you guys like it. I’m not sure what the new students will think of the menu. I always end up changing it.”

(( Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion MirrorBoy MirrorBoy ))

Boxxy Woodsman
(Jaun Deaux)

The rather aggressive, beast-like actions of the small girl made Boxxy scoff. He himself was a creature with nothing but the desire to eat, but aleast he carried himself with some civility. The girl's attitude could be described as... untasty to say the least... Nevertheless, the sincere act must continue.

"Eh... Umm, I sorta feel like I wanna help..." he said to the dryad, cutting himself off momentarily as the teacher and beast-girl vanished through a portal "Well... nevermind that.. heh..." Admittedly, Boxxy had worried that a trickle of drool would form on his now slightly parted mouth. He could understand her actions somewhat.. that fresh meat that had just vanished looked oh-so appetising. He wiped his mouth.

Stop it Boxxy, don't blow your cover you silly flesh sac

"Umm, could I get your name miss? or mrs.. sorry?" Boxxy's long-trained acting abilities kicked in for a moment, a transculent, tiny blob of flesh that looked for like a single, nervous drop of sweat rather than moulded meat ran down his forehead. He cast his eyes down for a moment, as if apologetic for an assumption.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1518053937150.pngThe chef woman smiled at the awkward boy. He seemed a little strange, but then most of the kids that went to a school like this were. Heck, even the chef was strange. She chuckled and leaned on the counter, "I go by quite a few names that the Earth has been so kind as to give me. I suppose I like being called Orchid. Beautiful but deadly, poisonous. I've been likened to the Poison Ivy comic book character in the past, especially when I dabbled in vigilantism. Now I'm all registered and a good little plant. I found I really enjoy making food. Contrary to popular belief, however, I'm not a vegetarian. I'm quite the omnivorous plant."

A message was sent out to the staff, and she sighed deeply. The kids had gotten their food too... She tilted her head, thinking of how to handle this. "Alright," she called out, "De'kiral is handling the girl who tried to take some meat. He has, however, realized a little bit of an issue on the other side of campus. Because of this... I'm going to have to take you guys to the dorms building. You can take the food with you if you haven't finished it off yet."

She pouted and hopped over the counter fluidly, breasts continuing to only barely be covered. Orchid motioned for the kids to follow her. She wasn't as... concerned? They'd be fine, and quite frankly if someone could get through her then they'd be screwed either way. So! She kept a smile on her face. "So when we get there, and it's just over here so it won't take long, there'll be sheets that say your dorm number if you forgot it or something. I'd recommend going to your dorm and settling in, but I do have to ask you guys to stay in the building. Alright?"

Once there, she held the door open to let them in, "Have fun you guys, and don't worry about the teacher stuff. I gotta go back to the cafeteria, so stay here please, and enjoy your food if you brought it with you." With that, she left, not seeming overly concerned about the incident.

(( MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving ))

Common Area

Please take this link to the next area! Please try to interact with each other and enjoy!

Xanjay - Dorm 108
Himari - Dorm 107
Boxxy(Jaun) - Dorm 107
Ariella - Dorm 106 (For when she actually gets to go there, that is. I figured you'd still like to see this post all the same.)

Himari Tachimori
As the teacher responded with a smirk, Himari shook a bit in her shoes. The smile gave Himari a bit of a glimpse of the De'kiral's teeth, and it almost looked like he was ready to chow down. Her curt question received a bad reaction from the chef in charge, but it was only right at this moment that she realized that she might have offended the sparingly dressed dryad. The teacher's answer was given as smoothly as how easily his dragon fangs would have torn into flesh. Himari disagreed at first and attested in her head the importance of cleanliness, then he pointed out that her huge hair couldn't be fit into a hair net. As the teacher paused and leaned on the railing, Himari went a bit red before resolving to apologize to the chef, clenching her hands into a fist. When De'kiral ended the conversation with a bit of praise attached, Himari's face lit up a bit. When the teacher left to manage something, Himari's face had a small smile painted on. It must've looked eerie as some trouble seemed to brewing.

When the dryadic chef asked the students to relocate to the dormitories, the Himari just stood there as one of the little golems seem to stand by in front of her for her order. Before realizing she was in a daze, the fragrance of the meal held by the golem snapped her back into reality. The mingling of the sharp garlic-y scent and the fragrance of the hot green tea, shocked her how harmonious the two smells could be. The tea, in particular, reminded her of home. Before getting to the dorms, she decided to apologize to the chef. So she immediately picked up the tray and approached her. "Um, I'm sorry if I have offended you," Himari said to the dryad chef in charge, with a bit of a tremble in her voice, "I just couldn't help but notice..." She bowed her head.

She was bowing when the steam of the tea touched her face, and her head made an almost kickback motion in response. "Just as I thought..." She murmured, "This green tea is made re-ally well!" Her face lit up, beaming at the chef. What a total non-sequitur! It was almost a wonder if Himari could go a day without committing social false steps.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back