• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Debates in Sakura High

Akiyama Haruhi

Of all people, why did it have to be Tsukada Mamoru? The student council president found him intimidating and unsettling. He asked many questions that she knew were uncalled for and due to Haruhi's sensitivity, it was rather easy to pick apart his statements when nobody else could. He always seemed so bored and she refused to give him any satisfaction. His voice felt like nails on a quiet chalkboard. "Morning, Tsukada-san." Her back was suddenly turned to him upon eye contact.

As if confirming the rumours, the windows had mysteriously opened, revealing the wind over the room and drowning out all background noise. Truth be told, Haruhi never knew about the stairwells here.
Haunted, huh? Haunted and convenient. Maybe this was why, the rogue window opening being the proof. The trick she had learned from talking to her parents was that turning your back to someone helped mask your facial expressions as long as body language remained calm.

"How'd I know about this place?" Haruhi smiled. "Why wouldn't I? As the president of the student council, it's only natural to know Sakura High inside and out." Inching closer to the window, the girl closed the window. "A bit too early for a morning draft." Through the windowpane, she could see Tsukada. "What are you doing here so early? It must be the coffee waking you up~ It's been a while since we've talked."

Mitsuoka Hideaki

The man showed up to school angry. Well, not that it showed, luckily. Walking into school, he already had a club of girls that had waited outside at his house every single day. It was creepy to most people, but to Hideaki, it was living the dream. It had inconvenienced his parents so much that they had decided to live in an apartment that was close to Sakura High, leaving Hideaki with his own estate near Haruhi's neighbourhood.

The group of girls and guys followed him in, and that was the majority of the grade in Sakura High, the regular school rush that always seem to come at a certain time. Fist-bumping fellow jocks, he arrogantly entered the school. His locker was nearby the hallway where 3-B lurked. That was when he waved away his fan-girls, leaving the groups of teenage girls to their classrooms. He was ready. Hideaki wanted to pick up the scrawny kid and smash him into the locker, he wanted Naoki's bones to break to the extent that he would be able to stuff him into the shoe lockers. Swaggering, the idol and his cronies roughly grabbed Naoki by the collar.

"Oi, pussy-boy. Let's have a little chat, shall we?~" He pulled the brunette close, his eyes making close contact with his. Hideaki dismissively threw him back against the wall. Stepping back, he stared at his cronies and then at his fellow classmates. Flipping his hair back in charming pop star fashion, he spotted something from the corner of his eye. "A flower? Sentimental. Late White day gift from your boyfriend?" Hideaki guffawed, gaining surrounding laughter from his equally muscles friends. He did the sigh that you do after a hard laughing session, and his face slowly returned to a look of contempt. "Look, Satou-san. We're not too pleased, and I'm pretty sure you know why and I think you owe a couple apologies." Hideaki leaned back, the jocks cracking their knuckles.

@BlueInPassing

Tsukuda Mamoru

Mamoru's face fell in disappointment. That wasn't any fun now, was it? He put the empty can down beside him with a clatter. Akiyama Haruhi had only been a pretty face before. Book-smart, too, maybe, but not sharp enough to garner his interest. Apparently he would have to reevaluate his opinion of her. His customary smile crept back, as smug as ever.

"Only two days ago, actually. I heard you weren't feeling well yesterday. Sawada and Hashimoto were going at it again because you weren't there." The brunette stood up and walked over until he was beside her as he spoke with a faint accusatory tone. "This is from a secretary to his president. Take care not to let the council worry about you." Leaving her with a final pat on the shoulder, he turned to the stairway entrance. The hubbub outside was just crescendoing; one peek through the grimy window showed that Satou was painfully outnumbered. Cowardly of Mitsuoka to bring his cronies along too, Mamoru mused with derision. Is this the extent of his love for Haruhi? It must be meager pickings then.

"I'd suggest you to leave by another route, president. There's trouble brewing outside." He rapped the windowpane for emphasis. As student president, she would try to rush out to settle it herself, like a fool. From what Mamoru knew of the situation however, her actions would only intensify Mitsuoka's hatred for Satou. And at the moment, his sentiments lay with his poor upperclassman, who no doubt had no idea what was going on. If the confrontation was happening now, that meant Mitsuoka had been unsuccessful in meeting his target yesterday.

"I'll take care of it. You should hurry to class. The bell will ring soon and you don't want to be late, do you?"

Satou Naoki

Pussy boy? Naoki curled his lip in disgust at the other boy's unprovoked vulgarity. He never took stock in rumors -- the ones about Mitsuoka were polarized between school prince and school bully -- but it turned out that they were true this time around. His mouth opened to give a cutting response, but immediately shut again as he winced from the sudden impact of being thrown against the wall. Brown eyes met amber ones in cold defiance, masking the subtle anger shifting beneath Naoki's facade of calm. Unreasonably violent people were the lowest of the low. In his experience, they only used brawn to make up for what they lacked in brains.

"I don't recall having done anything to warrant this barbaric treatment."

Their sudden aggression had pushed Naoki past the point of confusion; now, he only wished to remove himself from the situation. Four. There were four of them and only one of him, and he did not like the prospect of hobbling to class with anything broken or bruised.

"Now, if you'll excuse me. I'll be getting to class now, since you don't seem to have anything intelligent to say." Provoking the bullies was a foolish idea, especially since he was trying to emerge unscathed from the encounter, but his disdain towards them could not be contained by reason. Naoki pushed past the taller boy, with his gaze still locked onto Mitsuoka's. Even if he could not match him in height, he stared at the other with the same look that one gave to a cockroach.

@theglassangel

Last edited by a moderator:
Akiyama Haruhi

Haruhi grit her teeth in the tension one would obviously experience when one's reputation was being put on the line by someone as devious as Mamoru. As he came up beside her, she tried to remain calm. Student council conflicts were rather normal in the testosterone filled group. Without her mediating the entire meeting, the council wouldn't solve anything without violence. The bright side was that Sawada, Hashimoto and Tadanobu were noble characters, elected for their hardworking demeanours and honesty towards the school so anything sinister was out of the ordinary. Unless it was Mamoru, who rubbed the president the wrong way, as he always did. "But of course," Haruhi said, her voice steady. "It's never the president's intention to make people worry." Looking over to the secretary, she shot him the signature eight toothed smile. How painfully fake, she criticized herself.

Trouble? Any thought for herself went out the window. Haruhi didn't trust the secretary to handle things himself. If there was trouble, her duty as the council president meant that it would be solved and dealt with the best she could. "It would be alright, Tsukada-san. Don't worry about me, I'll see what exactly is going on." Haruhi nodded towards him, patting his shoulder the way he had. Checking her phone for the time, there was about 4 minutes left until the bell. Was that enough to solve what was happening? Descending the stairs, the amount of students crowding one specific spot was too suspicious to overlook. "Fight! Fight! Fight!" was what rang in her ears.

A tall, yet good looking boy stood out from the rest.
"Matsuoka-san?" She called out. Haruhi rushed down the stairs, by the time she had fully descended, all eyes were on her except for two people. Hideaki grabbed the collar of his shirt in a sudden, barbaric anger. The petite girl ran, as the flower from his uniform dropped to the floor. Her blue eyes briefly crossed the colourful petals in surprise. Wh-What? As she zoned out in confusion, Hideaki lifted his fist. "Go ahead, bitch! Apologize to her!" The boy said rather intimidatingly. Hideaki's hold on Naoki didn't loosen. The crowd began to get bigger.

3 minutes.

Haruhi had never seen such a show of violence before. Instead of calmly stopping the conflict, she knew there wasn't anything she could do to stop it.
"Matsuoka-san! Stop it!" The dark haired president cried out fruitlessly. The handsome boy was too far gone, slamming Naoki against the locker and holding him up again. "Matsuoka-san! He didn't do anything wrong! Please!" His cronies took over as Hideaki looked towards the other boy with contempt. "Akiyama-san, stop saying that... he made your pretty face cry, didn't he?" Hideaki walked up to Haruhi as if nothing was wrong. "Come on, now, this guy? That's who you're defending?" The girl flinched, afraid and repulsed by the boy's touch. Her fists were clenched and shaking. Violence wasn't something Haruhi knew how to handle well. "Look at what you did!" He looked to Naoki with scorn. Snorting arrogantly, Hideaki simply flipped his hair as if he wasn't the one at fault. She only looked to him in horror. "Violence is not how we solve things here in Sakura High! I demand this stop immediately!"

2 minutes.

Most of the students looked to each other in guilt as they all sorted out of the area, going to their respective classes. All except for the cronies, who looked to their leader in anticipation.
"Akiyama-san... we'll have to see that he learns his lesson. Finish him off but leave her alone." Waving dismissively, he walked off without looking back. The boys looked to each other in agreement and landed an assortment of punches, kicks and slams towards the lockers. The teachers never came until everyone was in their classrooms at a certain time, leaving the president alone. Tears filled her bright blue eyes. "I beg of you, stop!" Her own dainty hands attempted to pry apart the malevolent arms of the cronies.

1 minute.

Remembering that the cronies would leave her unscathed by any means necessary, Haruhi rushed over as soon as there was space between them and Naoki as her body provided a human shield. Dismissively, the poor girl was pushed over right away with another dismissive flick. She shrieked and doubled over on the floor. Pain was felt on her chest where she had landed. Wiping tears of anger from her face, she cried out,
"Don't you have any shame?" Her bag went flying towards the floor inches away from her. The second attempt at flinging herself at the boys worked as the final kick was sent as they had left.

Her first instinct was to check up on the poor boy and the result of all the violence.
"Satou-san... Satou-san... I-I..." Haruhi stuttered, nearly speechless as she made eye contact with him. She knelt down in front of him and observed all of his wounds. His brown eyes looking back nearly broke her heart. She knew that, indirectly, she had caused his pain. The fragile pretty face and the princess of Sakura High had made Satou Naoki suffer. It was all my fault... Haruhi broke down and began to sob into Naoki's shoulder.

@BlueInPassing

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back