[Deathwatch] Watch Fortress Erioch

Alright, let me know if I either A: Did things sub-optimally, and B: Screwed up. It's been a while since I played a W40K Rpg

Should I wait for someone to confirm their going a devastator before I start rolling for my assault marine?

Given the preponderance of Heresy-Era gear in their descriptions, I was wondering if it'd be alright for swapping Keraunos' base Chainsword for an Astartes Chainaxe (using the starts for a Berzerker axe in the Mark of the Xenos book. (the only difference is it lacks the Balanced trait in exchange for +4 base damage.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Given the preponderance of Heresy-Era gear in their descriptions, I was wondering if it'd be alright for swapping Keraunos' base Chainsword for an Astartes Chainaxe (using the starts for a Berzerker axe in the Mark of the Xenos book. (the only difference is it lacks the Balanced trait in exchange for +4 base damage.

[/QUOTE]
Thats fine.

Thanks for setting up the ooc thread.

Except for choosing a trapping, my character is done. Since they are on a per-mission basis anyway, this can wait.

GM: We're using Errata 1.1 weapon stats here, right?

[QUOTE="ak-73]Except for choosing a trapping, my character is done. Since they are on a per-mission basis anyway, this can wait.
GM: We're using Errata 1.1 weapon stats here, right?

[/QUOTE]
Correct, unless there is a more recent version available, though I do not believe there is.

1.1 Is the latest version, at least the last i know of.. no further errata were made after that

Kinda wish I didn't change my mind on devastator. Rereading the books right now. D:

Edit: Did I see someone say they're playing a Dark Angel? > :D Duel!

Last edited by a moderator:
I already start with a question (actually two) : the cybernetics rules states that "the robust construction of cybernetics adds 2 to the owner's Toughness Bonus in the relevant location". Since my Techmarine has a Servo Arm and an Auger Array, where do i add the points?

Proposals / Answers that makes sense to me: Servo Arm adds 2 to the Body (or just to the back) and Auger Array adds nothing to nowhere.

What do you say?

You don't for a servo-arm. It's an attachment, not a replacement limb. Augur arrays are installed inside your skull or elsewhere on the head...so probably there? The bonus doesn't stack, though.

EDIT: That insanity result seems....really, really harsh.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]You don't for a servo-arm. It's an attachment, not a replacement limb. Augur arrays are installed inside your skull or elsewhere on the head...so probably there? The bonus doesn't stack, though.
EDIT: That insanity result seems....really, really harsh.

[/QUOTE]
I will check the rules when I get home

Some of you may notice characters approved for play. The ones who aren't approved I just haven't looked at yet. I expect to look at them tomorrow. Just worked a long day today, and I have to be up and at it again in 6 hours. Damn bills.

Ha! I just PMed you about the character. Tomorrow after school is fine, since I assume that my after work is later than your after school.

So. It just occurred to me on rereading the stuff in FW's IA10: Badab War 2 book, but odds are no one in the kill team would have any idea what my guy's name was. Or for that matter, what his chapter was, given that all but two of the images of the Carcharodons in the book are listed as "Unknown Battle Brother" or "Unknown Chapter". And this was by the point of the Badab War...something well after Deathwatch's setting (given that they have rules for playing Astral Claws Marines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back