• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Death Inc. Resurrected

Jean Otus

Would-Be Prince
Welcome to Hell, well not quite hell, more like a subdivision of hell, limbo? Not quite. Purgatory, no that's not quite it either. Let's start this over, welcome to my office, which is, consequently, is in some manner of...afterlife...situation...yes.

You're dead. Let's just get that out of the way. You're dead, you died, and I reaped your soul. It happens every day, what with all you humans keeling over. Now, you were a little young to be dead, don't really have all the necessary qualifications for heaven. That being said we're not going to just send you to Hell either, we can't just do that. Now, normally we'd set you on the track to purgatory or reincarnation to pay off your sins or to your next life or whatever, with a swift boot to your rear, but, we're a little backed up right now. So we need you all to fill out the ranks to recover.

We have a situation here. Someone, something, has been corrupting the souls of you humans, in short, making monsters. In brief. You've been drafted. You all are trainee Reapers now. If you work hard, you could be as successful as me one day.

Employee Registry: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/death-inc-resurrected-characters.334871/
Employee Lounge: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/death-inc-resurrected-ooc.334872/

Matthias stared out over the blank faces of the new "recruits". A small group of misfits sitting on stark white folding chairs. In reality they weren't anything more than lost souls with more interest in the present than the future. He set that thought aside. That was always how reapers got recruited anyways. You had to be a special kind of idiot to wind up here. Turning down a second chance at life, or even a shot at paradise. There was a reason why the souls who signed on were always on the idealistic side of things. He shuffled through the stack of papers on his lectern. The self-submitted profiles of each of the new recruits, each one pulled from the long list of his collections he didn't feel like filing proper paperwork for. Everything in the room was stark white, from the floor to the ceiling to the chairs, everything except he and the recruits. He was wearing the Reaper's official uniform, black suit with silver buttons. The recruits had been granted a standard training track suit, a black set of exercise trousers and a windbreaker of a similar material, both embroidered with a cartoonish silver skull. Their own "designer label"; clothes to die for. Human clothes didn't exactly transfer to the afterlife.

Returning to the welcome speech, he cleared his throat. "As I said before, we need recruits like you because there's been a unique crisis down on earth. This does get a little technical, so let me explain some things first." He gestured to the small gathering of trainees. "All of us here are what we call 'Spirits', we're undying essences acting in a transitory state, there are many types of spirits that exist throughout nature. You all are Reaper spirits because I collected you almost immediately after your deaths. Spirits that aren't collected become 'Ghosts'." Matthias drew a cartoonish ghost on the back of one of the employees' profiles. "Ghosts are spirits that have become panicked at realizing their own deaths, they vary in strength, but are normally common." He let out a sigh. "This is where it gets complicated, our problem is that ghosts have started to disappear, and they're being replaced with more dangerous undead monstrosities. The higher ups assume demonic influence."

Matthias sketched a set of devil horns on the cartoonish ghost. "When human souls are corrupted by a demon, their ghosts become openly hostile to humans and other spirits. They also transform into all manner of monsters, and because of that, this special task force was created." He gestured to the recruits. "You are all members of this force now. If you have any questions now is the time to ask them."

Necromantic Necromantic Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Abana Abana

Aria blinked at the 'Reaper' in front of her, he had called her and the other two here 'trainees'. What was going on? The last thing she remembered was her friend inviting her to a get together with some friends, but she couldn't remember what happened after that. She raised her hand slightly, "Excuse me sir, I'm a little confused. If we died then why haven't we moved to heaven, hell, or wherever the dead go? Wait, I am dead right?..." her head hurt whenever she tried to remember, so she'd let that go for now.

She looked to the other two occupants of the room. Male and female. Were they dead too? Rubbing her forehead, she felt like she was in a dream. This man was telling them they were part of a task force that kills the dead that didn't pass on, that they became monsters after a demon got hold of their soul. It sounded like a video game to her. Please wake up..

Last edited:
Matthias kneaded the space in between his eyes. There was always a slow one in the bunch. It was fair, being dead was the biggest event of their lives. He let out a sigh and tried to explain. "Yes, you are dead, very dead. You all do not even have real bodies right now, you are spirits. You in particular..." He thumbed through the new profiles until he found Aria's page. "Ah yes, I remember you, I reaped you after you took a nasty dive out of your apartment window, you were just a splatter on the pavement." Matthias gave a wry smile. "It's best to accept it and move on, most of us older employees can't even remember being alive." He gestured to the room around him. "As for where we are and why you're here. This is the Amalgamated Reaping Association, affectionately called Death Incorporated. We Reapers are responsible for managing all the matters of loose spirits in the human realm." He tapped the ghost picture he'd drawn before. "You all have been pulled from the line to purgatory or reincarnation because we need more reapers to combat the growing monster threats on earth."

Abana Abana

Jae wasn't even listened half the time the blonde guy was talking. "I am the Squick in the rafter, I am the flood in the chimney, I am fruit Batman." Those were though coming from inside Jae head as he tried to look like he was listening to what the guy was saying but honestly, he wasn't even trying to make it seem like it was. "What powers do reapers have? What weapon do we get? Whose the real leader? How did I die?" Those we're the random question coming from his mouth. "Does it give any privileges?" Okay that was an actual question that he really wanted an answer to.
Jean Otus Jean Otus

125655.jpg
A figure nearly as stark white as the room itself hummed as he looked around, hardly paying any attention until the word 'Reaper' came into play. Yeah, he remembered dying, he remembered every detail of that horrid time in his life. He knew that he was already dead, but what confused him was where he was. If the Christian faith was true, shouldn't he have been.. Burning in Hell? Paying off his sins for eternity? No matter what faith turned out to be the real one, he was sure that none of them included sitting in a stark white room white a cute blond guy lectured them on how they were already dead, something about a subdivision of Limbo, yada yada yada.

Kaito raised one of his hands into the air to signal to the man that he wanted to talk, but didn't wait for him to call on him. [color= red]"Hey-o, Bossman, how'd you pick us out of the bunch? I don't remember filling out an application or anything like that, so how'd you decide that we were the best fit? Ya just pick a buncha us at random?"[/color] He asked as he put his hand back on his lap. Being a reaper seemed as close as he could get to his former job anymore, so he guessed he didn't mind it. Did it include paperwork? He had never had an actual job, so doing anything like that was something he would be completely unfamiliar with, otherwise he was sure he would be just fine with it. He had been perfectly fine with killing while he was alive, taking souls from the dead couldn't be that much different.

Jae wasn't even listened half the time the blonde guy was talking. "I am the Squick in the rafter, I am the flood in the chimney, I am fruit Batman." Those were though coming from inside Jae head as he tried to look like he was listening to what the guy was saying but honestly, he wasn't even trying to make it seem like it was. "What powers do reapers have? What weapon do we get? Whose the real leader? How did I die?" Those we're the random question coming from his mouth. "Does it give any privileges?" Okay that was an actual question that he really wanted an answer to.
Jean Otus Jean Otus

Matthias wanted to bang his head against his desk. There was always one of those cases as well. Someone death couldn't even make humble. He tried to stay strong with the thought in mind that he would be able to put anyone he didn't like through a hellish training session. "You don't get many 'powers' as a reaper, you just go around as a spirit rounding up other spirits and putting down monsters. You will be issued a weapon by the Materials Department once training begins. The current head of this organization is Death's Daughter, while the original death is on break somewhere." He flipped through the profiles again, looking for the flippant boy's page. "You were crushed to death, that's all we know, you were flat as a pancake, bleeding out in an ambulance when I reaped you. Lastly there are no perks."

He turned to the white haired boy, who seemed to have a much more bearable demeanor. "When we draft spirits like we did with you all, we take the in-betweens. You all would have been trapped somewhere between Heaven and Hell for a very long time, mostly because you all died young. So we decided to take you out of that, it's not heaven, but it's better than an eternal waiting game."
Necromantic Necromantic

Julie Anne Swanson
Interaction: Jean Otus Jean Otus (Matthias)
Julie had her arms behind her head as she rested her back on the milky white chair, listening to what the Reaper was saying. She hasn't fully comprehended the fact that she's dead, but at the very least, she remembers it quite clearly; She was trying to save a child...After that, it's a blur.

Now that she's here, sitting on a little lecture with some other people dressed in black tracksuits. Julie listened to the blonde's lecture and perked up when her ears picked up something about 'Monsters'. Truly something that can only be seen in a video game. Given the chance to ask, she tried to summarize and make sense of all of this.

"Wait, so let me get this straight..." Julie slumped, her hands clasped together. "So we're dead, right?" She let out a soft sigh, seeing as she suddenly woke up on a chair or whatever. "...And instead of us going to purgatory, we're gonna become Reapers due to your group's lack of manpower, and on top of that, we get to fight corrupted souls and all that jazz..." There are a couple of things that plagued her mind. How did she die? Who's the big boss of this little 'task force'? Why is she, an average gaming jane, was picked for this seemingly bad ass opportunity that sounded like a video game? She thought that she could've had a choice but...She shrugged at the thought, her hands are placed hands together as she rested her head onto them. "Okay, seems...Legit." Julie said, raising a brow. "So how exactly are we supposed to fight these 'Monsters'?" " She asked, her hands doing a quote on quote gesture. "Do we get a weapon, or do we get soul magic or whatever?" She continued, her gamer instinct calling out to her. Julie was curious as to how do they do this since she's now part of this Reaping community of fighting corrupted souls. Then again, if magic is indeed real, she wouldn't waste this opportunity to try and become a wizard.

Jae demeanor suddenly changed as he looked at Matthias seriously. "So how long is this training gonna take? Does time run differently here than on Earth or is it the same." He knew that he was asking too many questions but at the same time he knew that he needed information before he made any choices. "Here's the one question that I want to ask, how did this "monster" as you call them, Escape from here?" Sometimes if others didn't ask, you yourself had to ask the important questions and that is exactly what he was doing.
Jean Otus Jean Otus

Matthias nodded to the other girl, apparently there were two slow ones this time around. "Yes, you're dead, and we are going to use you as a disposable foot soldier in our mission to eradicate evil corrupted spirits. You'll get your weapon when we start your training. You don't get magic or powers. Don't start thinking you're getting to be a superhero, this is a job like anything else. Recruits who think they're superheroes get put on a century of paperwork duty."
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

He turned his attention back to the upstart. "Training starts from whenever I can get you all to the gym to whenever the next deployment call goes out, which could anywhere from a week to an hour away." He tapped again on the ghost he'd drawn, getting annoyed that nobody listened to his lecture. "Nothing escaped from here. These monsters are created when living humans make deals with the devil. Their souls become monsters immediately upon death. These monsters have to be hunted down and eradicated before they're allowed to wreak havoc on the human world."
Jae demeanor suddenly changed as he looked at Matthias seriously. "So how long is this training gonna take? Does time run differently here than on Earth or is it the same." He knew that he was asking too many questions but at the same time he knew that he needed information before he made any choices. "Here's the one question that I want to ask, how did this "monster" as you call them, Escape from here?" Sometimes if others didn't ask, you yourself had to ask the important questions and that is exactly what he was doing.
Jean Otus Jean Otus

Aria nearly gasped when she remembered what had happened to her, some best friend. "Then what are we waiting for?" She was actually eager to undergo this training. She knew a few things because her mother had been in the military for a few years before meeting her father.

She brushed her bangs out of her eyes only to frown, when they fell back over her right eye, wishing she had died with a hair pin. Aria then glanced at the others, the reaper had said one had been flattened to death. That must've been a painful death. Aria had sure felt hers, she was aware when the ambulance got there but she couldn't move or speak. She remembered someone whispering 'Let go..', her hand being taken by cold hands, pulling her towards darkness. She had woken up here in this stark white room.

"Why would anyone make a deal with the devil? I'm not religious per say, but even idiots don't go looking for the devil." Normally she wouldn't have spoken out of turn but she was becoming annoyed just sitting her, she didn't like sitting around. It was a wonder she'd been able to sit still at school. Jean Otus Jean Otus (sorry so late, wasn't getting notifications)

Last edited:
Don't start thinking you're getting to be a superhero, this is a job like anything else. Recruits who think they're superheroes get put on a century of paperwork duty.

Julie Anne Swanson​

'Well, there's nothing wrong thinking they're similar, right? That brings the fun in this line of work!...Except for the paperwork, that is.' Julie thought, letting a soft smile as the big black continued the lecture. Apparently, training starts sometime within this hour or sometime in a week. He soon talked about how these 'monsters' are created...Talk to the devil, and your soul automatically gets corrupted. Which should be exterminated before it wrecks havoc onto the world. So in short, they're role is to be 'soldiers' for the Reaping community...Sounds like fun. Although training would either be on the Gym or whenever they're 'Deployed'...Guess they're first mission would be their 'Tutorial' then? Either way, dibs on the hammer if anything.

"Why would anyone make a deal with the devil? I'm not religious per say, but even idiots don't go looking for the devil."

"Hmm...Maybe they're desperate?" Julie rubbed her chin, turning to the girl with pure black hair. "Other than that, I could only think of Cultists and Satanists. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure they really just wanna see Satan. Maybe it has something to do with them?" She suggested, letting out a shrug afterwards. "So...Anything else we should know aside from the schedule and everything else you said earlier?" She asked, tilting her head.

Jean Otus Jean Otus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back