• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dear Pokémon Trainer... [ IC ]

Rosena glanced curiously at the other people going to Cerulean City. 'Hm. They all seem interesting. I'm sure I'll get to know them better as time goes on.' She quietly thought to herself. As the professors updated their maps, she thought about what the best plan of action was. Unless an issue came up, her team would have a straight path to Cerulean City. With her free arm, she scooped up Harlequin, who looked up at her immediately. "I think it'll be faster if I just carry you and Cinder for a while, Harlequin."

She blinked as she listened to Shin and watched as he walked away. Shaking her head, she looked down at Cinder and Harlequin. "
Well. Alright. I suppose that'll work. I think I've got enough stuff to last me a while. But it won't hurt to get a couple other things. I'll see everyone there, I guess..." A thought quickly occurred to her as she worked. "Oh! I should grab the rest of my stuff from where I'm staying at too before I forget." Harlequin seemed to snicker at her, causing her to pout. "Oh hush. If I was gonna forget anything, it might have been those Pokéblocks I got yesterday." Harlequin soon had a shocked look on its face. That made her giggle a little. "Alright. I won't purposely forget them."

It didn't take her long to gather up what she needed. After a brief trip to the Poke Mart to gather a few things then to her hotel to gather her bag and other items she had bought from browsing the shops, she quickly made her way to the meeting area. Decibelle was still on her shoulder while Cinder was contently walking by Rosena's side. Harlequin was the only one being carried, not that the ghost type minded. He was a bit spoiled after all. "
We should definitely be prepared now."

Leanna Ivy Lin O'Dwell

6e0febfdff2bcb2e4c7d1565c1f3cc2b--manga-anime-girl-kawaii-anime-girl.jpg
Interacting with: Bari Bari
Team: MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat loyalwolf loyalwolf MinouMirrors MinouMirrors
Leanna looked around at everyone who had claimed to got to Cerulean City. All different, looks and personality wise. She had never been on an adventure with some many different individuals. She had noticed that some people began to speak up, introducing themselves. It almost made her want to introduce her and her Pokemon to everyone else, but this felt like a bad time, and she assumed she would have plenty of time to get to know everyone. It wasn't until a Tangela had sent a vine over for Leanna to shake. "Oh, Hello." Before Leanna could shake the vine, Scandal had swatted at it from her shoulder, obviously not liking how close it had gotten to her. "Scandal... That's not very nice." Again, Leanna went to shake the Tangela's vine but Scandal snapped at it, coming only an inch or so from biting it. "Scandal! No! Don't do that!" Leanna quickly snatched up the small Pokemon, holding him tightly in her arms as he struggled to break free. "Sorry." She shyly apologized as she tried her best to hold the angered Pokemon as he squirmed. "He's a bit over protective." After awhile the small Pokemon wiggled his way from Leanna's hold and scurried onto her shoulder, huffing in anger.

Leanna brought her gaze to back to the Professors as they brought her attention back to the professors as they spoke about the updated map and wishes the groups good luck. She gave a small, shy smile as she around at her Pokemon, all of them looking at her to see what she would do next. "Snowcone." Her little spheal perked up, her little body now bouncing in excitement. "Buttercup." The tiny Aron, hearing his name perked up as well and stood up on his hind legs, putting his two front legs up on Leanna's leg to keep himself steady. The two were obviously ready for adventure. "You two can ride in your Pokeballs till we arrive, I don't want you to get lost or get left behind." She smiled at them as she pulled out their Pokeballs and watched as both of them returned without hesitation.

She then looked up at Scandal, still on her shoulder and protectively watching the people around her, it was easy to tell he was on edge. Like a small watchdog watching for danger. It made Leanna almost want to chuckle to see the small Pokemon act so brave and tough, but she knew the trouble Scandal could cause being like this. She slowly raised her hand and patted the back of Scandal, this causing him to tense up in surprise. Leanna already knew there was no way that Scandal would go in his Pokeball, at least not quietly, so why force him? "I assume you'll be guarding me from my shoulder?" It took awhile for Scandal to relax, but after a minute or so, he turned on Leanna's shoulder to face her and nodded his small head, though it was easy to see that he was still upset about her holding him away from the Tangela earlier.

The last Pokemon Leanna looked up to was Gibby, her large dinosaur of a partner. He looked down at her, much like a worried parent would. "I got your back if you got mine." Leanna smiled kindly at the large Pokemon, causing his large vicious form to go soft as he relaxed due to her words. "Let's hit the road team!" Leanna shouted, sounding excited about the new adventure. Her excitement passing on to Gibby and Scandal as they called out in excitement as well as they heading out of the building and to the beginning of route 6. She was the first one to make it there since she found no need to stop for supplies. She had food, water, and Pokeballs. She should be fine.

Francis Joyeux
coordinator extraordinaire
tumblr_oukcr756Uy1r7c9ruo1_1280.png

475.png
303.png
227.png
624.png
Luxury_Ball_summary_Colo.png
Luxury_Ball_summary_Colo.png

Travel Details:

Current Location: Route 6
Team: MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat loyalwolf loyalwolf
Interacting: Bari Bari Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Everyone seemed ready to go and in Francis’ excitement to introduce himself and head out to check out from his hotel, he has completely missed the little tangela's deserve to shake hands. Endymion, however, didn’t let it go unshaken and reached out and shook the vine on behalf of his distracted trainer.

Francis was far too busy laughing internally at guy teasing the professor. It was both funny and a little mean…but it seemed like that was something he’ll have to get use to considering they were both on the same team. Team Shin. He didn’t take offense to the name since he knew leadership isn’t about who calls dibs. Maybe deep down inside… he was little annoyed at himself for not calling dibs first.

--
Exiting his hotel, Francis hurried to the meeting point with Endymion beside him. He didn’t want to keep anyone waiting but once he arrived it seemed someone already beat him to it. It was the girl with the scary looking pokemon. The girl herself didn’t seem to threatening tho. “Hey! I’m sorry if I kept you waiting but at least it seems we have beaten our leader here,” He teased lightheartedly at the other guy’s expense.

Last edited:
65788388ca5f4f2b6fca0c68a53be5c2--pokemon-shinx-pokemon-team.jpg
pichu_by_kiminukii-d48e2a5.jpg
5939c54548ab8039f84661d797644fd7---pokemon-pokemon-stuff.jpg
805399cffc7072c8022dfbdeb2611fcc.jpg
A K I R A ϟ T A I D A N A

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

e2e3a2cb0e09e6de92d1cd9df45ef839.jpg

"Get out of my face..."
After her very loud, very blunt, and very rude exclamation, Akira stared straight ahead of her with a muted glare as the large group of trainers split in half, those going to Cerulean following Ash and Oak while Birch and Rowan stayed with her group. She let out a heavy sigh as Professor Rowan approached her with a raised brow in question as he grabbed her PokeNav and began to update the system and the edited map to her device. She narrowed her eyes and looked away with a huff, already seeing the question in his eyes.

It seemed to take an eternity for him to finish so she could leave, but when he finally did finish, the raven-haired girl groaned silently that she couldn't leave just yet. She had to listen more on what path to take. Just what she needed. Traveling advice. Sharing a look with an amused Luc, Akira snorted from the shadow of her hoodie. They'd lived off the land basically their whole life. Figuring out the quickest and easiest way to Viridian City.

"Yeah, yeah, can we speed this up?" she muttered under her breath, glaring with hooded eyes. There was so much going on at once and the small electric type trainer really just wanted to go back to where she felt most comfortable.

The woods.

She sighed in relief once they were finally released. Upon hearing the words Route 6, without sparing anyone a second glance, Akira tapped Luc on the head and immediately left the room and entered the elevator. She didn't know about the others, but she was ready to leave.

Walking through the city gates, Akira stretched her arms out wide above her head, tossing the three pokeballs she held out as she yawned, closing her eyes while Sora, Takara, and Hotaru emerged and shook their fur. "We're going to be traveling with others..." she muttered tiredly, feeling the energy swiftly leave her body. She leaned heavily on Luc who stood like a rock at her side. She gave him a soft pat on the head.

She was trying to decide whether she should say more, when she started to make out a voice singing. "Damn it..." she mumbled, realizing quickly who had arrived.

Barely turning her head to glance over her shoulder and around her large jacket, she watched as two figures approached through the trees, the first singing loudly with his team. "Great." she said. "Just what I need. Singing..." she huffed, rolling her eyes. "Who else are we waiting on?" she asked a moment later, glancing down at Luc who shrugged.

Akira sighed again, slowly lowering her body to forest floor, still leaning against her partner as her eyes slowly slid shut with a yawn. "Wake me when it's time to go..."

coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

location: Route 6 | scenario: Meeting up with Team Viridian | tags: RoninN7 RoninN7 Bari Bari One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost DreamBeat DreamBeat

Shin looked around at his group and couldn’t help but think they looked more interesting that the people from his hometown. He had to remind himself that, even if they seem slightly more interesting than most human, they’ll be annoying and boring. He gave a long sigh. “Alright team Shino let get moving! The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can get that kiss from the professor!” he gave a giant wink at everyone and a sly smirk to punctuate his statement.

He began walking ahead of everyone, hand behind his head and coming off indifferent to anything going on. “Now, since we are a team we should get to know each other better. So, tell me about yourselves boring people! What is your name? Where you guys from? Do you have gym badges, contest ribbons? What are your life goals?”

Shino then stops in his track as he saw an Ekans. “GUYS! GUYS! LOOK, LOOK! Isn’t she beautiful.” Shino looked like he about to pass out from excitement. Shino always had a love of the deadly, yet beautiful poison types.

Group: Viridian CityLocation:The Wilderness

Tags: izayoiix izayoiix
DreamBeat DreamBeat

Given the nature of the trio that had selected the Viridian location, it was little surprise that they got on their way relatively quickly. All three were accustomed to life on the road, and there was little need for them to stop and get supplies, as the three were already equipped for such a journey long before meeting the professors.

So, introductions aside, the trio soon headed out with their teams.

As per usual, not one member of Dante's team was in their ball. Gemini was secured to his back, chatting with herself about something or other that no sane person could possibly comprehend. Sonata was perched on his right shoulder, and Zora was sitting on his head spouting off directions every so often to keep him going the right way. When she wasn't spouting off directions, Zora was otherwise bordering between asleep and awake, sprawled out completely on Dante's dome. Sonata, meanwhile, contented herself with humming a little tune, swaying with her own song and swinging her dainty feet all the while.

The only pokemon not in her usual place was Luciana. Understanding the gravity of their task, she had elected to take the vanguard position, walking about five feet in front of Dante and watching out for any strange auras in the distance. Of course, her aura sense wasn't nearly as adept as her evolved forms would be, so all she could really do was give them advanced notice of anything attacking.

As the group walked and, if they so chose, had some idle conversation, the cities and paved roads fell away behind them to be replaced with worn dirt trails, trees, and other assorted foliage. Some bird pokemon rested in the trees, watching the travelers as they passed, several looking quizzically at the strange group.

Almost seamlessly, civilization was left behind to be replaced by the complete silence of the forest.

Complete silence?

No, that couldn't be right. No forest was ever completely quiet unless....

'Hurry! You have to stop it before it kills everyone!'

The voice echoed first in the minds of those most attuned to psychic powers: Dante and his team. All of them suddenly were on alert, eyes darting around for the source of the strange voice.

'Please! You have to help them or they'll die!'

Now the voice was louder, such that everyone in the group could hear regardless of psychic affinity.

"PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" A cry sounded quite some distance ahead, accompanied by what could only be described as horrible, feral growling, snarling, and the gnashing of teeth.

It was at that moment that the wind shifted, bringing with it an unmistakable metallic scent....

Blood.....

Not a word was spoken among Dante or his team. All at once they lunged forward, vaulting over a fallen tree towards the sound. So intent were they upon their target that they didn't see a white blur off to their left barreling towards the cries of distress that only grew louder as more voices were added to it.

The forest was silent no more, and the sounds that now filled that void could only be described as a glimpse into hell itself....

Click the Pokemon for more information...

Luca the Riolu:

Luca is kinda like Dante's shadow. Wherever he is, it's a safe bet she's not too far behind. She tends to be the more mature and responsible member of Dante's team, and she is not afraid to scold him if he does something without thinking in the name of protecting Pokemon. Even though she scolds him, she can't help but admire him for being the way he is. If she's honest, she wouldn't change a thing about him, even if it worries her.

Never one to shy down from a fight, Luca does have a softer side. She actually helps Dante prepare meals for the team, even doing all the work herself on occasion. She's gotten quite good at telling by scent what foods are freshest.

Sonata the Kirlia:

Shy, timid, and delicate tend to be the three most common words that come to mind when you look at little Sonata. Really, that's how she is most of the time, at least around those she's not familiar with. The only real time that changes is when she's performing. In those moments, she's like a whole different Pokemon. She's confident, vocal, and, well, the spotlight loves her. She starts every performance with her eyes closed due to an overwhelming and nearly crippling stage fright. Once she gets started though, she'll put on a show you'll never forget.

Of Dante's team, she's the sweet one. In spite of claustrophobia, monophobia, and a slew of other phobias, she's one of the first to go out of her way to try and comfort others. She, like Dante, hates to see people upset.

Nothing makes Sonata happier than to sing with Dante and the rest of her team.

Zora the Zorua:

The certified "wild child" of the team, Zora is a regular prankster. Charismatic, cunning, and sharp as they come, she can even trick Luca into participating in her pranks from time to time. Though she does take her pranks too far on occasion, she never means to actually hurt anyone. Although she seems to have a devil-may-care attitude most all the time, she really does care about Dante and her teammates. Like Luca, she's not afraid to get her fur ruffled in a fight.

Of all of his team, Zora is the only one with any sense of direction outside of the Sanctuary. Though Luca, Sonata, and Dante can navigate that maze with no issue, they can never seem to stay on track anywhere else without Zora's guidance. Of course, her idea of 'guidance' is to sprawl out on Dante's head and point out directions from her perch.

To date, her favorite illusion to use is her "human form": a young woman with red hair, and ample 'assets' which she uses to fluster her poor trainer.

Gemini the Doublade:

Easily the oldest member of Dante's team (given she's older than all of them and Dante put together), you'd think she'd be the natural leader. Well, centuries of isolation left her a bit 'off'. She is prone to talking to herself, and generally seems to be a bit airheaded 90% of the time.

When she's serious though, it's like a totally different Pokemon. She's tough, fast, and easily Dante's strongest Pokemon. Prone to profanity and with one hell of a bloodlust, she is not a Pokemon you want to piss off. Thankfully, the only time she really gets this way is when Dante is in serious danger, though she will still drop plenty of profanity whenever she fights, regardless.

Gemini takes up constant residence on Dante's back. When needed, she either fights autonomously, or she wraps her tassels around Dante's arms so the duo can fight in tandem. Although he's far from the swordsman her previous Master was, she never seems as happy as when the two are fighting together.

Team Cerulean
Route 6 loyalwolf loyalwolf MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 MinouMirrors MinouMirrors
You've started your journey towards Cerulean City. You're talking and just getting to know your new comrades when you hear it. You haven't been moving for long when a sudden fearful cry reaches your ears. You glance at each other quickly before rushing forward, your pokemon trailing after you.

As you push through a section of trees, your freeze at the sight before you.

A young boy, no older than thirteen is laying fallen on the side of the road, his eyes wide in fear as he stares at the fighting pokemon before him. As your gaze switches to the fighting, you can only wince and watch in horror. One, a young Vulpix is battered and bruised, obviously ready to faint and the other a Sandslash, full of energy and obvious rage.

The Vulpix lets out a whimper as it stumbles back, it's injuries causing it to falter and crash onto the ground. Grinning viciously at the weak being before it, the Sandslash takes a menacing step forward, hunching over and readying it's claws for the finishing blow.

"Vulpix...!" the boy cries out, pain and fear obvious in his voice, tears beginning stream down his face.

What will you do?

V
izayoiix izayoiix One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost
7b8eab302650fa55123bfe8829c554da.jpg
As they ventured further from the city, his surroundings became more familiar to that of his own village.
It was strange, he thought, that he would find himself relaxing in an environment similar to the village that treated his kind like they were nothing more than the annoying those Rattatas the traveling trainers kept complaining about. None the people in his group were very talkative, but that suited him just fine.

His eyes glanced momentarily at Mister Dante. Mister Dante was... different. He certainly had an aura that was telling V to be very careful. On the other hand, he and his Pokemon could make beautiful music. That, at least, was better than them. V felt more at ease with him. Though...

He glanced at the girl coming with them. Her presence felt more like one of the villagers. It made V want to watch his actions around her. But she hadn't really treated him badly or anything yet like them. He shook thoughts of the villagers from his mind. Now was not the time.

"PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Definitely not the time. That feral growling sounded so familiar...

The smell of something weird hit his nose soon after Pikachu's cry.

V felt his stomach sink.

No way...

So soon?

He didn't have time to think. Mister Dante and his Pokemon were the first to move, jumping over a fallen tree and dashing towards the source of the cry.

It only took a moment for V to move as well. His eyes locked onto Mister Dante's form ahead, only barely registering the white blur speeding ahead of the rest of the crew. Eve and Arrow immediately took off of his shoulders and flew close to V while he ran, both with a dangerous glint in their eyes. They would protect V no matter what. Skye's claws gripped tightly onto V's hair as he ran to catch up to the man.

V ran with the hope that this familiar smell and growl was not what he thought it was.

• Sonata: He thinks her a graceful Pokemon with an angelic voice.

Dante: After seeing the duet performance between Sonata and Dante, V made the conclusion that Dante cannot be a bad person.

Everyone else: He acknowledges that they care about Pokemon.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

"Get out of my face..."

Depending on who you asked, fortunately or unfortunately, Team Viridian began their journey fairly quickly. If you asked Akira, she'd say unfortunately due to the fact that the nap she desired was not to happen. She'd tried to compain, but due to her short height, all Luc had to do was simply take hold of the back of her hoodie and lift her to her feet. She wasn't too happy about it, but she couldn't do much. The Luxray would keep picking her up until she started to walk, and repeating the process was just too tiring for her.

So she sucked it up and began the trek to Viridian City with the others, stuffing her hands in her pockets and walking slouched over, letting the hood of her sweatshirt cover most of her face as she stared blankly ahead. She walked beside Luc at a fairly slow pace, standing at the back of the group of three humans and their teams and it suited Akira just fine. She didn't need to be at the front leading everyone. It was wayyyyy too much work to be leading others.

On top of Luc's head sat Sora. The baby Pichu had taken off her green headband and was currently trying to fold it into different shapes as she sang along to some random tune she'd most likely heard back in town. Takara was trotting along in front of Akira, the young Eevee looking every which way, curious about the area, seeing as she hadn't been apart of Akira's team the last time they'd passed through Viridian City long ago. The final member of the mostly electric team, was Hotaru. The fairly shy and scared Mareep was walking at the same pace as Luc and Akira, only much closer to Luc, seeing as - due to his height - she was walking underneath him, seeking comfort from his large frame.

Together the group was acting fairly normal for them, not bothered too much by the fact that they were with others. No matter what they stuck together. That was the motto that the raven-haired trainer had ingrained in their minds ever since finding them, and they took to it like glue, loving the family-esque feel it brought to them.

Although if you asked Akira about it, she'd likely deny everything.

Akira was thriving in the silence, and didn't think much about how the others were taking it, though she froze when she began to hear the whispers of a voice crying out for help. Narrowing her eyes, she began to stand up straighter, quickly becoming more alert. "Sora," she ordered, her voice low. "Come." she finished, scanning the tree line, missing the confused look on the tiny Pichu's face.

As the voice came again, Sora tilted her head in confusion, glancing first at her trainer who had called for her. Glancing at the rest of the team, she was confused at why only she was called. Before she could think much on what to do, another voice came, this time one that was familiar to her. Her tiny eyes widened at the cry of a Pikachu, and leapt off of Luc's head and darted forward towards to noise, quickly following after Dante and V and their teams.

Akira on the other hand, so used to having her orders followed, grew concerned when she didn't immediately feel Sora's weight on her arm. She paused her scanning of the area when the cry came through and she began to move only seconds after Sora, but it was too late. The Pichu was gone.

"Sora!!!" she cried out, her voice slightly panicked, which was a new thing for her to feel. "Damn it!" she screamed, stomping her foot angrily before putting on a sudden burst of speed, discarding her former laziness. Tossing a look at Luc over her shoulder who had already begun to follow her, she narrowed her eyes at Hotaru shaking underneath him. Catching sight of Takara beside her, she made her decision.

"Stay with Hotaru," she ordered the rest of her team. "Takara, you're with me."

With her orders given, she pushed herself faster, quickly catching up to the others in seconds, Takara right beside her, her fur standing on end as she braced herself for a fight. Ignoring everything, Akira scanned the trees for her tiny Pichu, not willing to see her hurt. "Sora!"

location: Route 6 | scenario: Wilds of Route 6 | tags: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost DreamBeat DreamBeat

DreamBeat DreamBeat

What kind of hell had they stumbled into?

The scent of blood was overwhelming as they came to the edge of a large meadow. Within moments, the source of the metallic scent was obvious. It was everywhere... Tree trunks were coated in it, the grass bathed in it, and the flowers now soaked in it. Strewn about the meadow were the bodies, torn apart and cast aside as if the lives now destroyed didn't matter at all. The bodies were scarcely even recognizable as the pokemon they had been maybe only moments prior.

"PIKAAAAA!"

Dante felt his blood run cold at what he saw. Two Houndour had the poor creature between them. One's teeth pulled at the ears, the other, at the tail while a massive Houndoom looked on, its maw coated in a thick layer of blood.... Fresh blood....

From the start, it was evident these were the Crazed Pokemon they were looking for. Their fur was missing in places, and they were practically bathed in blood, but what was most disturbing was the eyes. There was no soul in that gaze. Even mean pokemon still had some light in their eyes. These pokemon had nothing but darkness in their bloodshot gaze. These were no longer pokemon. Instead they were horrific monsters that had taken on pokemon form.

Pikachu was too weak to fight back anymore. At this point, all it could do is cry out helplessly for someone to try and save it from this fate.

With a stomach turning pop, the tail was separated from the body and the poor creature's limp body flipped through the air to land in a bloody heap. With what strength the poor creature had, it tried to crawl away. Even as blood seeped from its stump of a tail, it tried to get away. Some part of that poor creature didn't want to go softly into that goodnight. Its eyes lifted to the teams, pleading silently for salvation. In that gaze, the trainers could see its fear.

It didn't want to die like this.

As one of the Houdour moved to pounce on the Pikachu and extinguish what remained of its fleeting life, a dark arc crashed into it, sending it slamming into the other.

The source was obvious as an Absol dove into the meadow, charging headlong towards the Houndoom. All at once, it became clear who had ushered them forward and what that white blur had been earlier. Absol, the disaster Pokemon. The herald of disasters itself had graced this wholesale slaughter with its presence and now charged headlong towards the cause. No doubt it assumed that powerful attack it had struck the Houndour with would have stunned the two enough so it could attack the leader.

If only it were that easy....

Two more Houndour from different parts of the meadow came at it from either side and bit into its rear legs. Stopped short, it looked up as the Houndoom opened its maw, a dark pulse sending the Absol flying backwards to crash into a heap next to the injured Pikachu. As it tried to rise, some snarling from the bushes near the trainers demanded attention.

A fifth Houndour came into the clearing, dragging after it a certain little Pichu with a bandana around its head. It was terrifying, watching the poor little creature squirming with its neck trapped in the jaws of the Crazed Pokemon. If it clamped down any harder....

The Houndour let a growl resonate in its throat, getting the attention of the Houndoom. The larger pokemon gave a short yip, and the subordinate tossed its hostage high in the air towards the opening jaws of the unforgiving Houndoom. No doubt Pichu was little better than a snack offering to the much larger pokemon.

'MOVE DAMMIT!' Dante forced his body to move as his own voice cried out in his mind. For a moment, he had been temporarily frozen, trying to get a grasp of what was happening and come to grips with what he saw. Even for him, the sight was so horrific he had found himself momentarily stunned. Seeing that Pichu getting dragged into the clearing, though, snapped him out of it.

"THROW ME!" The words left his mouth before he could think. The trainer lunged into the clearing as Gemini slipped out of her sheath. She wrapped her tassels around Dante's arms and spun quickly in the air, launching him as hard as she could at the Houndoom just as the Pichu was tossed.

There was only one chance.

His arms stretched out, eyes narrowing with his resolve as he knew what he'd have to sacrifice. By the time his eyes met Sora's in midair, his mind was already made up. Those unforgiving jaws started to close as Sora reached the teeth.

With fingertips outstretched, Dante barely caught hold of the little pokemon, quickly pulling back just as the jaws snapped closed.

Plit, plit... plit....

Crimson blood dripped onto the grass, staining it once again in fresh blood as Dante's feet hit the ground.

"No way in hell am I letting you have this one...."

Dante's eyes were set in a deadly glare as he locked eyes with the Houndoom, slowly rising to a fully standing position. The Pichu was held safely in his left hand, just outside of the Houndoom's clenched jaw.

Unfortunately, the trainer had surrendered his own arm to save it.

Even now, those sharp, unforgiving fangs were buried deep in his forearm. In defiance of his glare, the Houndoom clamped down harder, causing a loud SNAP to echo through the clearing followed by Dante's wounded yell. All at once, his left hand went limp and Sora fell from his left hand to Dante's free right hand.

"OH HELL FUCKING NO"

Both of Gemini's blades crashed into the Houndoom's chest, the impact knocking the pokemon away and letting Dante's arm fall limply to his side. The trainer clenched his teeth, hissing through the pain. He looked down at the Pichu. "Don't worry... you're with me now and I ain't letting that mangy mutt have you..." He managed a smile through the pain as he unzipped his sweater. "Just hang on and stay out of sight... I've got this one..." He murmured, tucking it into his sweater and zipping it shut. He looked down at his useless arm and narrowed his eyes. With his good arm, he pulled the sleeve over his hand and then hastily tied that sleeve to his belt a little on the right side as a makeshift sling that served to keep his arm stable and also protected the little Pichu in the process...

At that point, one of the Houndour gave a short bark, all of the smaller dogs turning their attention towards the trainers and the rest of the teams. The Houndoom rose up, followed their gaze and gave a short howl that was answered in turn. You didn't need to understand pokemon to realize it was the equivalent of "handle them, I've got this one".

Without a doubt, Dante was at a disadvantage. Gemini was strong, but Houndoom had a complete type advantage. Add in the fact Dante couldn't use his left arm and the fact he had to protect Sora and.... It wasn't exactly a promising situation for him. Even still, one of Gemini's blades wrapped around his good arm and he held the blade in front of him in defiance of all the factors running against him.

The five Houndour, meanwhile, stood as a wall separating Dante from any possible help. A chorus of snarls echoed from their jaws as they advanced on the two trainers and the teams. Then, on a single yip from one, the attack began as the five charged towards the trainers intent on one sole objective:

Kill them all.

Luciana the Riolu:

Luciana is kinda like Dante's shadow. Wherever he is, it's a safe bet she's not too far behind. She tends to be the more mature and responsible member of Dante's team, and she is not afraid to scold him if he does something without thinking in the name of protecting Pokemon. Even though she scolds him, she can't help but admire him for being the way he is. If she's honest, she wouldn't change a thing about him, even if it worries her.

Never one to shy down from a fight, Luciana does have a softer side. She actually helps Dante prepare meals for the team, even doing all the work herself on occasion. She's gotten quite good at telling by scent what foods are freshest.

Sonata the Kirlia:

Shy, timid, and delicate tend to be the three most common words that come to mind when you look at little Sonata. Really, that's how she is most of the time, at least around those she's not familiar with. The only real time that changes is when she's performing. In those moments, she's like a whole different Pokemon. She's confident, vocal, and, well, the spotlight loves her. She starts every performance with her eyes closed due to an overwhelming and nearly crippling stage fright. Once she gets started though, she'll put on a show you'll never forget.

Of Dante's team, she's the sweet one. In spite of claustrophobia, monophobia, and a slew of other phobias, she's one of the first to go out of her way to try and comfort others. She, like Dante, hates to see people upset.

Zora the Zorua:

The certified "wild child" of the team, Zora is a regular prankster. Charismatic, cunning, and sharp as they come, she can even trick Luca into participating in her pranks from time to time. Though she does take her pranks too far on occasion, she never means to actually hurt anyone. Although she seems to have a devil-may-care attitude most all the time, she really does care about Dante and her teammates. Like Luca, she's not afraid to get her fur ruffled in a fight.

Of all of his team, Zora is the only one with any sense of direction outside of the Sanctuary. Though Luca, Sonata, and Dante can navigate that maze with no issue, they can never seem to stay on track anywhere else without Zora's guidance. Of course, her idea of 'guidance' is to sprawl out on Dante's head and point out directions from her perch.

To date, her favorite illusion to use is her "human form": a young woman with red hair, and ample 'assets' which she uses to fluster her poor trainer.

Gemini the Doublade:

Easily the oldest member of Dante's team (given she's older than all of them and Dante put together), you'd think she'd be the natural leader. Well, centuries of isolation left her a bit 'off'. She is prone to talking to herself, and generally seems to be a bit airheaded 90% of the time.

When she's serious though, it's like a totally different Pokemon. She's tough, fast, and easily Dante's strongest Pokemon. Prone to profanity and with one hell of a bloodlust, she is not a Pokemon you want to piss off. Thankfully, the only time she really gets this way is when Dante is in serious danger, though she will still drop plenty of profanity whenever she fights, regardless.

Gemini takes up constant residence on Dante's back. When needed, she either fights autonomously, or she wraps her tassels around Dante's arms so the duo can fight in tandem. Although he's far from the swordsman her previous Master was, she never seems as happy as when the two are fighting together.

The trip to cerulean city was rather pleasant so far, but at the same time rather boring. Shin was used to following his own path on his own time. That's why it felt a bit odd to have someone plan out his destination and have it be an urgent matter. Either way he tried to enjoy himself the best he could. He got to know the people on his team and he enjoyed seeing the Pokémon around. At the end of the day Shin knew that they were on an important mission and he needs to constantly remind himself what was at stake.

As they continued Shin cast his gaze on a frighten young boy and could take his gaze away from the sight in front of him. A very cute and weaken Vulpix was battling a menacing Sandslash. Shin wasted no time in going to help the poor Pokémon. “Vileplum come help Vulpix.” With that shin threw out a Pokeball and out came his beautiful but deadly vileplum.

Vileplum took a defensive stance between the Vulpix and the Sandslash. She didn’t look very happy and gave off an intimidating aura. Shin looked at the kid and said with a little force in his voice. “Get it together kid. I'll make sure vileplum protects Vulpix, but now your chance to get It back into its Pokeball before it gets anymore injured.” Shin sympathized with the kid, but he had to get himself together for the sake of his Pokémon. So, shin had to show some tough love. After that shin became focused on the battle at hand. He didn’t want to hurt the Sandslash but he couldn’t just let it injury another Pokémon either. Which is why he choice vileplum to battle.

V
There was something vaguely familiar about the smell. It was like the smell of metal. Like the scent on those travelers who worked with machines for a living. It was similar, but this was different. He could see parts of the clearing in between the gaps of the trees. There was redness and hurried movement.

"PIKAAAAA!" When V heard that cry for the second time, Dante had a clear view of what was happening. Dante’s body language was telling V that he was shocked in a really bad way.

As he ran closer, the stench became unbearably sickening when combined with the scene laid before him. As V’s pace immediately slowed, his Pokemon perched on either side of his shoulder. V stood horrified with his two Pokemon at the edge of the small forest, just in time to see a Pikachu’s tail ripped from its body. And what terrified him the most were those crazed eyes.

His head was blank, and all he could do was stand there with doe eyes as more Crazy Pokemon entered the scene, as Mister Dante rescued Miss Akira’s Pichu… He winced when the big dog bit through Mister Dante’s flesh. Taking in the full scene of blood and death, V couldn’t help the tears threatening to drip down his face. With a quiet snap, Mister Dante’s arm was broken and the tears finally fell.

The pack of Pokemon snarled as they took several steps closer to them. Out of fear, V took a small step back. It didn’t do much when they started to run in his direction with those eyes that promised no mercy. Eve and Arrow took no time in lifting off of his shoulder to confront their attackers.

"Eve! Arrow!" V cried out desperately as his Pokemon flew off to protect him.

• Sonata: He thinks her a graceful Pokemon with an angelic voice.

Dante: After seeing the duet performance between Sonata and Dante, V made the conclusion that Dante cannot be a bad person.

Everyone else: He acknowledges that they care about Pokemon.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

"Get out of my face..."

By the time Akira broke through the trees, hell had descended. Takara stood beside her, her lips curled back in a snarl as the fur along her spine stood up straight in a threatening manner. Both pokemon and trainer froze at the sight of Dante with his arm trapped between the jaws of a crazed Houndoom, Sora scrambling over his shoulders and disappearing from sight, most likely into a pocket to hide.

Her eyes locked onto the man who had thrown himself into danger for her pokemon and had to swallow back the bile that had risen up at the thought of an injured or dead Sora. It was Takara that brought her back, snarling loudly in warning at the approaching Houndour.

Snapping herself out of her daze, Akira narrowed her eyes and shifted into a more battle ready stance, her eyes flicking between the approaching targets. “Takara…” she mumbled under her breath, the Eevee giving her a quick nod in response. The raven-haired trainer knew that Takara, while strong in her own right, wouldn’t be able to hold up against all of these attackers. Not with Luc and Hotaru. With them still catching up, she figured they were as good as dead, and Akira wasn’t ready to accept that.

The other boy in her traveling group moved back, and even though she’d never admit, Akira couldn’t blame him. His pokemon on the other hand seemed to go for the attack. Diverting her attention soon after they began, she focused once more on the others approaching her.

Forcing herself to relax as much as possible, she flicked her eyes towards Dante who was all that protected Sora. Gritting her teeth she shoved her hand in her bag and wrapped her fingers around the warmth of Luc’s pokeball. “Hurry up…” she muttered.

“Hey!” she called out to Dante. “You better keep Sora safe!” she snapped, her tone promising eternal pain upon him if he didn’t do as instructed despite everything going on around them. “Takara,” she ordered in a low voice, switching her focus back to the Houndour. “Be quick and don’t get near their mouths. You see teeth you retreat, understood?” she muttered.

“Vee!” the tense fox replied quickly, her voice low. The small brown fox quickly lowered her body, tensing her muscles, preparing to attack when there was a loud roar from behind her. “Ee?” she mumbled, the surprise of a somewhat familiar roar catching her off guard.

Akira smirked, a bark of laughter escaping her as the roar came again and the tree branches began to shake as the sound of heavy paws hitting the ground grew closer. “Here we go…” she laughed, her body relaxing as she suddenly felt Hotaru’s soft fur brush against her denim covered legs, seeking comfort from her confident trainer. “Hotaru, back up Takara.” she ordered, not glancing down at the Mareep, only pressing her leg gently against the pokemon’s side in reassurance.

With a third roar, Luc broke through the trees, leaping over the area that separated him from his partner and fellow teammates. Landing heavily in a crouch between the smaller members of his team and Akira, he snarled the fur along his back sticking up as electricity crackled loudly around him.

“Let the games begin…” Akira mumbled as Luc let out a final roar in challenge.

location: Route 6 | scenario: Wilds of Route 6 | tags: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost DreamBeat DreamBeat

Arona LightLocation: Vermillion City

Eyes stared down a trainer and her Pokemon as they walked down the streets of Vermillion. But they weren't happy stares rather distrustful glares. This didn't bother the trainer though. She was used to it since the very Pokemon she had walking by her side was a Houndoom, a Pokemon reputable for negative acts.

The white-hair trainer pulled out her communication device and opened its screen to an email, “I was sure hoping there was a designated meeting place in the email. Roux, do you remember what the man said through the PokeGear earlier?” The Houndoom looked up at the girl and gave a soft growl starting to lead her off into a certain direction. She smiled and quickly followed after the Houndoom, reminiscing about times when the Pokemon never listened to her. The stark differences were astounding to think about.

Finally the Houndoom came to a halt in front of the Pokemon Center, but he was facing a building that was across the street. The young trainer stood right beside him and gave a good old pat on his head, “Thanks Roux. I figured that you would’ve remembered the directions better.” The black and red Pokemon merely gave a soft bark to her gratitude. Quickly the pair made their way into the building across from the Pokemon Center.

xXx

It hadn’t been long after the others left, that Ash had wandered down to the lobby of the Professor’s Center, anxiously fiddling with the tablet in his hands. Dropping down onto one of the armchairs off to the side of the front doors, he wondered if he’d done the right thing in contacting the other professors and having these trainers gather together.

They could get hurt, could possibly die, and if anything happened to such a degree, the blonde man knew it would haunt him forever. He’d never be able to forgive himself. He sighed.

There was a ding, signalling that the door was opened and a voice called out, causing him to lift his head in confusion.

“Hello? Is Professor Ash here?” a white-haired girl entered the Professor’s Center followed by her Houndoom. Her grey eyes scanned around the inside in search of a person in a lab coat. Soon she spotted a blonde man in a lab coat. She walked up to the professor, “Hi my name is Arona Light, but you can call me Light. I received the email asking for the assistance of trainers to help with a certain case. I was not able to make it earlier due to some work that I needed to finish but I would still like to help if I can. Although if I may ask, why are trainers being notified? What about the law enforcement or some other services specialized in helping Pokemon?” Arona wasn't against helping but she did find it odd that trainers were being contacted. Was there something the Professors only knew and not the police?

Ash blinked, his eyes wide behind his glasses. “S-so you’re the one who was missing.” he mumbled, his mind racing. “Uh, b-because we don’t have any s-solid proof that they’d be able to do anything with.” he stumbled, fidgeting with his glasses. He glanced at his PokeNav and his eyes widened. “I-if you’re here we have to hurry!” he cried suddenly, lurching forward and grabbing Light around the wrist.

“We have to hurry!!!” he shouted again, taking off as fast as he could with the trainer towards Route 6 and the trainer who was headed towards Cerulean City.

DreamBeat DreamBeat

In any normal situation, a roar like Luc’s would have given a wild pokemon pause. This, unfortunately, was far from a normal situation. The roar seemed to trigger the Houndour, causing the five to spread out towards all sides. Two were to V’s left, two were to Akira’s right, and one was right in the middle.

Luciana’s gaze, however, wasn’t focused on the Houndour that surrounded them. Her eyes were glued on her trainer as she bit her lip, unable to do anything but watch as his arm was snapped in Houndoom’s merciless jaws.

‘I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. Focus on the Houndour!’

Zora nudged Luciana’s side. “You heard the boss. Let him handle the big, bad wolf, our job is to keep these guys alive” Zora smirked up at Luciana. Truth be told, she was worried for Dante as well, but worrying wouldn’t solve anything.

Luciana nodded, taking a deep breath. “Sonata… keep us updated on where these guys go… Zora…”

“Yeah, I know. Let’s kick some tail!” Zora snickered, a poof of smoke enveloping her form before she appeared looking exactly like Luciana, save for her tail. Without another word, the duo charged straight towards the middle Houndour, switching places as they charged to make it difficult for it to establish which was which. It leaped into the air at the first, trying to bite down with a fire fang.

“Wrong guess, Ugly” A dark pulse shot from the fake Luciana, knocking the Houndour into the air where the real Luciana was waiting. “I think it’s time you LEARN YOUR PLACE!” She roared, her fist glowing red as a power-up punch came crashing down right on the Houndour’s dome, sending it slamming into the earth so hard it bounced.

“Akira, Luc, Watch out! One is coming behind you!” Sonata called out. The two on her side were advancing, that much was readily obvious, but what wasn’t obvious was the third Houndour. Instead of attacking V, it ran behind everyone and now a fire blazed in its maw before a torrent of flame shot towards Akira and her team from behind.

The two Houndour had only been a diversion….

The last Houndour, the one injured already, was circling V, rage evident in its gaze. Its jaws opened, a pillar of flames filling the sky to divert V’s flying types away as it circled its prey. It didn’t want anyone to interfere with its kill…

Just as its flames stopped flowing, its charge began, the Crazed Houndour charging headlong at the boy, teeth bared and snarling as it moved in for the kill…

Arrow took to the sky and flapped her wings, forming a whirlwind. It was a preparation for her attack. Eve, on the other hand, quickly flew straight to the nearest pack member in order to gain momentum to use Air Slash. He immediately retreated after carrying out his attack, but the Houndour stopped and managed to bit off one of the feathers forming his forked tail. He cried out in pain, and he veered off to the side in a momentary loss of balance. It would grow back, but it was painful to lose it.

While the two launched their attacks, Night and Pidgey managed to force their way out of their capsules and immediately saw the enemies. Pidgey followed in attacking, using Wing Attack on the closest pack member to V. V’s heart leapt, and he rubbed harshly at his eyes to rid his tears.

Arrow flapped her wings in sharp and fast motions that created sharp blades of wind, hitting the Houndour that had injured Eve. The wind blades were strong enough to make a gash on the Houndour’s side, but it didn’t seem to falter in its movements.

“Hey!” Miss Akira called out to Mister Dante. “You better keep Sora safe!”

Keep.. safe? It looked impossible. Even as Miss Akira’s pokemon roared, even as Mister Dante’s pokemon seemed too cheerful, even as most of their pokemon went into battle, the dogs just wouldn’t faint. He suddenly remembered his first encounter with a Crazy. They had to kill it.

Can we even kill them?

“Akira, Luc, Watch out! One is coming behind you!” a voice called out, and his eyes immediately snapped to Miss Akira. He took a step forward to run to her, but another dog blocked his path. Those eyes scared him so much…

It was circling him, but only for a moment. V could only watch as it blew hot flames around him. The flames… they were so high. Night, who was still with V on his head bobbed his head and settled into a defensive stance with its wings spread and pointed downwards, a shield.

“Everyone!! Don’t worry about me! Help Miss Akira!!!”
He screamed as loudly as he could. Just as he finished, the Houndour also finished its flame attack, and it charged. Night attacked immediately with Extrasensory. Just when Houndour’s teeth bared and snarled as it jumped for the kill, Night’s attack hit. Houndour stumbled slightly, not knowing what hit it. After another moment, it recovered and jumped again, aiming for V’s neck.

It bit. V screamed. There was blood.

“No… No..” Sonata murmured. She managed to warn Akira and Luc, but now that last Houndour was charging towards V. “No…. NO!” She shrieked as the dog leaped towards V. Someone needed to do something. Someone had to save him!

“Somebody, please!”

“.... Oh fine… I’ll save the child….” Sonata’s voice was suddenly calm, as soft and smooth as velvet as one of her hands raised up. Her eyes gave off an eerie glow as stones near V’s tackled form suddenly seemed to gain sentience. All at once, those stones became Psyshock and launched straight through the Houndour’s neck, shredding the arteries and destroying muscle so efficiently that the Houndour’s now-deceased corpse fell limp on top of the child.

The pressure eased from V’s neck, and the blood started to flow more freely. He instinctively knew this was bad. V grit his teeth as the dead weight was lifted from his body and placed his trembling hand to his shoulder. He tried not to look at the dead, but still crazed, eyes of the dead Houndour. Taking a deep, shaky breath, the teenager weakly pressed on the wound, trying to stop the blood. It was all he could do as his Pokemon gathered around him.

“If there is going to be any wholesale slaughter to be done….” Sonata calmly strode forward, a wave of her hand tossing the dog’s corpse away from the child. “I can assure you I will be the sole responsible party….” Her gaze darkened as she surveyed the scene. “Nothing but a bunch of filthy dogs that need to be put down….”

It was difficult to tell if she was talking about the Houndour, or the others….

--------------------------------------------------------------

For now, Dante had to trust in his team to keep the others safe. His grip tightened on Gemini’s hilt and he could feel her tassel tighten around his forearm as he stared down the Houndoom in front of him. The beast was much larger than a normal Houndoom, the top of the head reaching nearly five and a half feet tall.

Slowly, the monster circled, Dante turning slowly in place to keep Gemini’s blade between him and the Houndoom. The other blade, the one Dante could not grip, floated nearby to aid as necessary.

Even now, every part of his body’s fight/flight instinct was telling him to run. To get to safety. However, that was not an option here. The Houndour were fighting the others, and if he were to run, even if he could get away, that would mean the Houndoom descending upon the others.

Not to mention…

He could feel the little Pichu shivering against him, hiding in his sweater under his shattered arm for safety.

“You better keep Sora safe!”

A smile slowly creeped over Dante’s lips. That’s right. He had to keep the pokemon, and the others safe. That meant there was no way in hell he could run! His eyes turned up towards the Houndoom, the right one, the same side that held Gemini, was golden, the other remaining blue.

Growling, the Houndoom lowered itself down before suddenly launching itself towards Dante with staggering speed. Claws and teeth snapped at him in an almost blinding fury. This wasn’t a normal attack, this was a blind assault that intended to rend flesh from bones and snuff out life…

Dante, at once, seemed to become a whirling blade. Even without his arm, Gemini’s floating blade still intermingled with the blade he held, deftly parrying and deflecting Houndoom’s relentless assault.

--------------------------------------------------------------

While Akira and Luc were staring down the gnashing teeth of two Houndour with Hotaru shaking slightly beside the raven-haired young woman, it was Takara who first heard the sound of someone approaching from behind. Twitching her ears back so she could expand her area of focus, she snarled loudly and spun around just as the warning came from Sonata.

“Vee!” she cried out, eyes narrowing as the attacker from behind suddenly let loose a string of flames. Only seconds before the flames could reach her and her trainer, a large green and blue dome shaped shield appeared before her, stopping the flames from touching her family.

Hearing the cry, Akira turned quickly, her eyes wide before a lazy smirk stretched across her features. “Hotaru, backup Takara.” she ordered, her voice soft yet full of confidence. “Take care of this one.” she added, providing comfort to the trembling Mareep with her ease and sense of finality.

Nodding, the fluffy electric sheep jumped the few steps over to her teammate behind the large dome and got into a somewhat sloppy fighting crouch as she prepared to fight.

Meanwhile, after giving her orders to the rest of her team, Akira turned most of her attention back towards her partner and best friend. While still keeping an eye on her other two pokemon, she knew they could handle one attacker, especially together. Luc could also handle himself, even against two opponents, but with the way these pokemon were behaving?

She it her lip before pinching her thigh, hard. No. She wouldn’t doubt him. “Ready?” she asked, receiving a growl in return. Her lazy smirk returned as she shifted her own stance, balancing on the balls of her feet as she leaned forward. Akira knew she wasn’t a fighter, but she was quick. Thanks to ducking in and out of sticky situations when she was younger and living on the streets, she could outrun just about anything. She just normally chose not to.

If only these pokemon behaved normally…

A chorus of yips and barks rose up from the three as the flames harmlessly bounced off the protect wall. The two in front started a charge, switching places in much the same way Zora and Luciana had. Only there was one key difference….

Two Houndour became four in front of their very eyes.

Worse still, the one behind started its own charge, quickly becoming two. In short order, it was evident that these Crazed Houndour were adept in the usage of Double Team….

What was once three, now appeared to be six.

The two behind split, passing by either side of the wall and, instead of attacking the two pokemon behind it, charged straight for the trainer and pokemon that had their backs turned. In the same ilk, three of the four took a wide path around Luc and Akira to charge Takara and Hotaru from either side. The one that remained in front charged straight for Luc, its body erupting into a ball of fire as it prepared to ram into Luc full force with a Flame Charge.

Houndour- The Dark Pokemon. This Pokemon Travels in packs and communicates through barks in order to surround its prey.

That’s all Akira and her team were: Prey. Houndour were adept at hunting as a pack, using numbers and strategy to confuse and confound prey before closing in for the kill…

Luciana narrowed her eyes from where she stood over the body of the first Houndour she and Zora had taken on. The body no longer moved beneath her, and blood stained her paws. “This isn’t good… Akira! You need to separate them and keep them from running around so damn much!” Luciana called, her eyes glancing back as Dante dueled the Houndoom. She bit her lip before turning her gaze back to Akira. Dante had given her explicit instructions, and she wasn’t about to let him down!

“Zora.. Let’s go!” she called as she dashed back towards the others with her doppelganger hot on her heels.

Akira narrowed her eyes, not bothering to respond to the warnings given to her. She didn’t have time. “Damn it!” she snarled, seeing the fire attack coming at her and Luc. Ducking down, she moved behind Luc so his body would protect her from the fire. Twisting so she could see Hotaru and Takara, her eyes widened slightly at the sight of two more Houndour coming towards them.

“Shit!” she shouted. “Luc! Company!” she alerted him, making sure not to touch his fur as it started to stand on end and spark as he readied his attack. Folding her already small form into a smaller ball, she made sure she wouldn’t be in the way of Luc’s attack.

Luc roared, using Thunder to cut through the fire headed towards him and hit the Houndour behind it. The second his attack ended he wrapped his tail around Akira’s small form despite the static still clinging to his fur and tossed her to the side so she wouldn’t get hit by the two coming at him from behind. Sparing a glance at his partner to make sure she was fine, Luc snarled and turned, using Crunch right as one of the Houndour reached him, wrapping the smaller Pokemon in his large jaws.

Hearing Luc snarl, Hotaru turned around and squeaked slightly at the sight of three Houndour coming at her and Takara. Jerking to face their attackers, Takara used Protect again while nudging Hotaru gently with her tail. “Vee!” she cried, nodding towards the attackers.

Hotaru nodded shakily and shifted her stance, before shutting her eyes and using Thunder Shock on the closest and fastest one with a loud, scared cry, repeating the process until they all had received a shock, Takara jumping in to make sure they were down.

The Houndour that charge Luc was knocked back a good five feet by the devastating electric attack. However, instead of falling, it landed on its feet and resumed the charge afresh. Just as Luc's fortunate guess brought its fangs down on the throat of one Houndour and its double vanished, it leaped for Luc's back, teeth bared to pierce into the throat of this overwhelming enemy.

"Not this day, whelp!" A voice called,a white blur streaking towards the fight as the Houndour was snatched from the air mid-pounce. When the blur came to a stop, a grisly sight now greeted them. The Houndour was impaled on the horn of the Absol that had been knocked down earlier. With a shake of its head, it tossed the now limp body aside.

That, thankfully, made things easier for the other two pokemon still fighting. The lead pokemon Hotaru targeted first vanished when its true copy was killed. Unfortunately, the true remaining Houndour was the last one Hotaru targeted, and by the time it tried to attack, it had already swerved past Takara's protect and was leaping towards the unevolved eeveelution.

"DROP DEAD!"

Leaping past Takara, Luciana spun in midair, bringing the spiked back of her hand down right on the neck of the leaping Houndour, a sickening crack echoing from its body as its spine was severed from impact before it crashed into the ground in a heap. Her chest rising and falling from exertion, Luciana turned to check over the others. "Everyone still breathing?" She called out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sonata, her demeanor still so radically shifted, floated towards the boy, her piercing, intimidating gaze boring in into him as the distance shrank to nothing.
"Move your hands, child." There was an edge to her voice, a venom that indicated she was not one to be disobeyed. "You make such a fuss over something like this?..." Her voice dripped with disapproval. "Barely even a scratch, but it made you stop fighting.... Pathetic...." She glared at the child, holding a tiny hand up to his neck as a pulse coursed through him, the injury slowly closing away to nothing.

Was this really the same timid Sonata that sang songs wherever she went? The truth was.... complicated, to say the least... But it was clear that whoever this was now, wasn't the same kind, timid girl as Sonata... It was, doubtless, quite a jarring contrast...

"You stop fighting to fuss over a wound like this, while others fight through injuries far more severe..."
She continued, pulling her hand away as the bleeding stopped. It was true, even though the fighting had ended against the Houndour, one more fight was still raging on the other side of the field....

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was times like this that Dante was exceptionally grateful Gemini had taken the time to teach him swordplay. Without it, no doubt, he would already be dogfood.

However, he was still injured. Worse, he could almost feel his body starting to grow heavy the longer the fight dragged on. This wasn’t fatigue, this was something else. What it was, Dante didn’t have time to ponder.

As Dante attempted to deflect yet another swipe, the gradual slowdown revealed itself. Gemini’s blade hit just a second too late, and a claw raked down over Dante’s left eye, splattering blood onto the ground. With a roar, Gemini’s floating blade caught the Houndoom in the chest, splitting it open and sending it flying away in retaliation for the injury.

“Shit…. This isn’t good…” Dante hissed, unable to open his left eye as a torrent of blood flowed from the wound, coating the side of his face in crimson liquid. “I gotta end this now” He lunged forward, trying to finish off the Houndoom before it could get back up.

Just before Gemini’s blades could pierce it, a Dark pulse shot out from the monster. Gemini, so vulnerable to such an attack was knocked out, her blades flying out of Dante’s hands as he stumbled back from the direct hit. Wasting no time, The Houndoom lunged, fire coating its maw as its fangs bit into Dante’s right leg just above the ankle. With a jerk and a spin, it threw Dante by his leg to land on his side in a heap with pain coursing up his body from his ankle, which now bled freely from the bites.

“Gemini!” He looked around frantically, only to see Gemini was still knocked out a good ten feet out of his reach. A snarl caused his good eye, now returned to its normal hue, to snap back to Houndoom, which was slowly starting to advance, its lips curled back in a snarl as it advanced on its prey, seemingly oblivious to the massive gash in its chest Gemini had caused.

‘Am I going to die?....’

Just as that thought crossed his mind a shivering against him brought him back to reality. Sora, protected from the Dark Pulse by Dante’s shattered arm, still needed to be protected. There was still a Pokemon whose life depended on him.

‘Fuck no…. I can’t let myself die here!’ His eyes narrowed as he focused on the Houndoom. There was only one chance he had, and it was a long shot. Even still, he wasn’t going to die so easily!

Pushing off with his good leg, he started scratching and clawing his way towards where Gemini lay in the blood soaked grass. Houndoom, seeing this as an attempt to escape, crouched down before launching after him.

Dante’s muscles screamed in protest as he forced them to work. Pain coursed through his body from his injuries but still he pushed his body further. Just a little closer. Just a little closer! He could feel the ground tremble as the Houndoom still drew closer.

The monster leaped through the air, coming down on Dante’s back just as he reached one of Gemini’s blades, and the boy was lost from view.

From where the others stood, there was no way to tell if he was alive or……

V, who heard Dante’s shout for Gemini, looked up in time to see the Houndoom pounce on Mister Dante. All he could do was shout, “Dante!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Only, it wasn’t just one voice, but a chorus that cried out as the trainer disappeared under the imposing form of the Crazed Houndoom. Luciana and Zora had both snapped their eyes up at the same time as V, and their own voices were added to his own cry.

Wide eyed and stunned to silence, for quite some time the two didn’t move.

Tears ran down Luciana’s face as she stared at the mass that seemed to move and tear apart her precious Master’s form from their vantage point. Her lips curled back in a snarl. “You… YOU BASTARD! I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU!”

Rage, pain, loss, all resonated in her voice as she started forward, only to pause in place as the Houndoom slowly raised up and fell off of Dante. As the creature rolled to its back, an unconscious Gemini blade could be seen protruding from its chest.

Dante, on his knees to keep from crushing the pokemon in his care, slowly rolled to his back, blood seeping from his injuries and pooling under him. His one good eye turned to the others to see that the fighting was over. A small, pained smile crossed his lips as a trembling hand reached up to his sweater, unzipping it slowly to reveal a tuft of yellow fur.

“You can relax now…. It’s over and you’re safe….” Dante murmured, exhaustion weighing heavily on his words as his head rested back on the grass, his good arm absently stroking the Pichu’s fur as he stared up at the sky. He couldn't remember the last time he felt this drained of energy. Even the simple act of petting the Pichu's fur felt as if he were attempting to move a mountain....

By some miracle…. The trainer was still alive….

Luciana the Riolu:

Luciana is kinda like Dante's shadow. Wherever he is, it's a safe bet she's not too far behind. She tends to be the more mature and responsible member of Dante's team, and she is not afraid to scold him if he does something without thinking in the name of protecting Pokemon. Even though she scolds him, she can't help but admire him for being the way he is. If she's honest, she wouldn't change a thing about him, even if it worries her.

Never one to shy down from a fight, Luciana does have a softer side. She actually helps Dante prepare meals for the team, even doing all the work herself on occasion. She's gotten quite good at telling by scent what foods are freshest.

Sonata the Kirlia:

Zora the Zorua:

Gemini the Doublade:

V
"Move your hands, child."

The way she talked reminded V of the villagers, and he instantly obeyed. His bloody hand slid from his shoulder, and his eyes were kept to the ground. Even the way she belittled him felt the same. In this traumatizing situation, he didn't question her sudden shift in character. He just soaked in the familiar acidic yet indifferent tone she talked to him with. V didn't look up, but he felt the pain fade away.

"You stop fighting to fuss over a wound like this, while others fight through injuries far more severe..."

And at that, he looked up. What about Mister Dante? Wasn't he hurt? Gemini's shout answered his questions. He swiveled his head to Mister Dante's direction, and his eyes widened impossibly.

Dante!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In only a few moments, it was over. The Houndoom was probably dead from the way it wasn't moving. Dante wasn't moving either. As V scrambled to get up, his Pokemon also flew off in all directions, only to come back to fly by V's side as he ran towards Dante as fast as he could. V reached Dante as fast as he could (which was far too slow for his liking) and slid to his knees beside him.

So much blood.

Heal. Berries? Sitrus Berry? Does he have berries? No. No, he doesn't. Healing potions? No. They only work on Pokemon. Heal? Heal, heal, heal. The Pokemon! His eyes darted from side to side, trying to find the Pokemon who healed him. Heal. Where? Heal.

"Heal him!!!" He shouted, not even having found the Pokemon yet.
"Please," he sobbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back