• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic De-Extinction [Dinosaur Post-Apocalypse]

Manio

From Gallifrey with love.
The year is 2029 and a company known as BioCell revolutizoned the human race, and the technology we would come to use everyday. The corporation was founded in 2015 and began developing weapons, medicines, and everything under the sun, essentially putting most people out of business. With BioCell's innovation came a wonderful time of peace for the human race. Human conflict was a rare occurrence, and all war had died out due to the global law making fire-arms illegal to own unless you went through an extensive screening process. People caught owning fire-arms illegally were sentenced to death, but the people never complained. It was a time of peace.

Among the innovations in technology came the medicine, and such diseases as diabetes, cancer, alzheimers, etc had been essentially turned extinct. People lived longer, and were healthier and BioCell was basking in the lime-light. Due to the restriction of fire-arms, military forces slowly dwindled away and vanished around the world. Their weaponry, and equipment falling into disrepair. Animals once again began to flourish with hunting falling back to the primal days of spears, tomahawks and bows and crime was at a near 5% around the planet. Earth had begun to heal itself, and people were no longer worried of finding a new home in the solar system.

However, in 2024 BioCell's top of the line cruise ship "The Versailles" suffered a severe accident and sank off the coast of New Zealand killing almost everyone on board. The sole survivor, Clarke Winters was a journalist for a well known internet publication who had sold his home, and car to get on the ship and document its maiden voyage. His publication after the events detailed some serious allegations against BioCell and that on one of their privately-owned islands off the coast of New Zealand was home to severe, and unethical experiments.

This is the document which has since been deleted off of the web, and Clarke Winters hasn't been seen since he published the document.

---

March 10th, 2024

To Those Of You Reading This,

I took part in the maiden voyage of BioCell's top of the line cruise-liner, The Versailles. It went down off the coast of New Zealand after an explosion below the deck. I would soon discover that this explosion was deliberate as the CEO of BioCell,
James Markdale had learned of opponent companies being on-board the ship looking to steal his work. Industrial espionage, the works. I can't prove any of this, but I can assure you that I'm confident that BioCell was behind the sinking.

After the accident I washed up on an unknown, but seemingly deserted island. Upon waking up I noticed a facility off in the distance through a dense jungle, and resting near a cliff-side on the northern interior of the island. I made my way towards the facility, and what I found still haunts me to this day. It looked abandoned, and inside were numerous bodies of decaying people, and low and behold the people were dressed in BioCell uniforms. Security guards, scientists, bio-engineers, you name it. Terrified and determined to get off the island alive I began searching for a way to communicate with the outside world and I stumbled across a lone survivor,
Matt Cohen whom I learned was the Head Of Genetic Research on the island, and in the facility. He told me that he was the only survivor on the island after a containment breach a year prior.

Curious about Matt, he began spilling tidbits about BioCell and their research and that they had been using bioengineering to create living, breathing weapons. This weapons were dinosaurs, and I had a hard time believing it myself until we were ambushed by a pack of these terrible, bulbous eyed ones that he called
Troodons. We narrowly escaped these dinosaurs, and that's when we encountered the Rescue Force sent in by BioCell to extract any living survivors from the accident, and had been tasked with searching the neighbouring islands.

The men I encountered were
Connor Grimes (Unit Leader) and Grady "Irish" McCullom (Field Medic). They were to extract Matt and myself and we were to fly back to the United States. Luckily, Connor and Irish had no idea what BioCell had been up to and promised to aid me in my quest to expose them to the world. I learned they had came to the island with two more partners. Samuel Mathers who they revealed to me had been mauled by what Matt called Utahraptors, not long after they landed. Their pilot, Derek Richards was AWOL at the particular moment, and we set out to find him.

We found Derek in the on-site armoury taking a bunch of high-tech military grade weaponry. Some of the likes I had never seen, or could have imagined. He mentioned that he had been given a separate mission by the CEO himself to make sure the secrets of the facility never left the island, and he shot Matt in the head. He turned the gun on us, and I prepared myself for death, but by some "act of God" the pack of Raptors seemed to arrive on cue, and disembowelled him right before my eyes. We made a run for the helicopter landing site, and during the flight Connor revealed one of the Troodon had bit him in the facility when we first met him, a few hours prior but he kept it from us.

He died a few minutes later. The Troodon had somehow been discovered to carry a very serious, and deadly pathogen in their saliva that would mingle with the bloodstream of whomever they bit, and the infection would spread to the heart and the infected person would die. There was no cure, and no way to stop the bite as the blood carried it to quickly.

As we soared over the ocean Irish and I vowed to do what it would take to bring down BioCell, and their corruption. So, I am uploading this document to my website, and various other sites around the net. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, torrent sites, you name it. This message needs to get out there, and the world needs to know. I've also attached photo evidence of the breeding area for the specimens, as well as photos of the armoury, our deceased comrades, and photo-evidence of the facility being owned by BioCell.

I don't expect to live much longer after uploading this document, but as long as BioCell is brought down, I don't care. Irish keeps looking out the window of our hide-out. We think BioCell has a sniper perched on the other side of the street, so chances are there won't ever be any updates from myself or Irish again.

Signing off.

---

After the publication was released, Clarke and Irish vanished from the face of the Earth. Some people believe BioCell ordered their deaths, while others believe they went into deep hiding somewhere in Russia. During the years after Clarke's submission went viral, the government looked into BioCell and discovered the claims were true and shut them down.

Before the CEO was sentenced to death, he ordered all of the bioengineering facilities own by BioCell to release their specimens and the dinosaurs Clarke spoke about, along with a few others were set loose on the planet and once again became the dominant species. Now, very few humans remain on the planet (we owe the outlaw and destruction of military forces/weaponry) and the ones that have survived have formed small groups around the world doing their best to co-exist against these animals, and each other.

As of April 2029, James Markdale the CEO of BioCell was executed and the company disintegrated into nothing. If you're one of the few survivors left on this forsaken planet please let it be known that you're not alone. There's more of us out there.

- Radd Dogg (DKX 103.4FM)

---

Anyone interested?

Basically, you'll be playing a survivor in a post-apocalyptic Earth with dinosaurs. If you need to picture the settings, environments and feel, try to picture a planet that has been insanely over-grown with vegetation like the one below. This roleplay takes place in the fictional city of Gainsbrook in the United States.

298660-bigthumbnail.jpg

The kicker? Nobody owns guns. Guns are unobtainable. Have fun. This includes mechanical crossbows, etc. Every weapon needs to be handmade.

---

I'll probably be playing two characters (Clarke Winters, and Irish) as well as NPC's, Dinosaurs, and of course the lovable DJ, Radd Dogg. If we get four people interested I'll make the Character Threads, OOC, etc.

Sounds really cool. I have a couple questions. What dinosaurs will be running around? Only carnivores or will herbivores be included? Also what are the aggression levels for the Dinos. Is it like the second they see a human they attack or must they be provoked?

Mostly carnivores, but some super aggressive herbivores. And they've been bred to be weaponized (they're not strapped with guns or anything) they're all just highly aggressive so yeah, once they see someone they'll attack, if hungry or not.

Calibutcher said:
I'm in if you'll have me.
Of course.

[QUOTE="JW Suzusihi]Sounds really cool. I have a couple questions. What dinosaurs will be running around? Only carnivores or will herbivores be included? Also what are the aggression levels for the Dinos. Is it like the second they see a human they attack or must they be provoked?

[/QUOTE]
Mostly carnivores, but some super aggressive herbivores. And they've been bred to be weaponized (they're not strapped with guns or anything) they're all just highly aggressive so yeah, once they see someone they'll attack, if hungry or not.

[QUOTE="Harley Quinley]Liie Jurassic Park, but no park?

[/QUOTE]
Sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back