Day Zero

Arlo Hayes

Junior Detective
Time: 0800

Temperature: 7°C

Date: Wednesday, January 28th

Weather: Heavy Rain

The port city of Baltimore, Ireland is in it's off season for tourism. The rough weather prevents the sailing school from accomplishing much of anything, and the beacon's light has long since been damaged beyond repair. Nearly all of the inhabitants of the town are indoors, enjoying their warm and dry homes while their children are at school. 

Masters may interact with each other and establish home bases, but may not engage in combat. 

If you are a servant you may post as an NPC, just give yourself a title like "shop keeper" or "student". Something simple, maybe just to interact with the masters. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Faust had completely fallen off his bed, his face was planted to the apartment floor, and he was still in his pyjamas, with the back of his head covered by his blanket.

uurrruggghh

He seemed to mutter in his sleep. It was raining and he couldn't really be bothered to go outside.

Uuuugh, my face hurts.

He suddenly bolted up from his position and hit his head on the leg of his bed. After what seemed like an eternity of calming down, he finally went to the window and opened it, only to be hit by a gush of water. He was now in his pyjamas, completely soaked and so was his apartment floor. Not the best day of his life. But it was at least manageable.

Eugene arrived in Baltimore after a dreary three hour drive from the Shannon Airport.

"What a miserable country, so much rain. Pianosa would never have such depressing weather." he thought to himself.

He pulled up to a dark blue house, it was an empty house, his house, for the next week or two. He grabbed a large, black suitcase, and went inside. It was a modest sized house, two floors, roughly 2300 square feet, though he and his servant would be the only people living there.

"yes, this will be fine" Leonardo said, staring up at the large castle in front of him. "very well, then let us finalize the purchase" the agent said. Leonardo handed him a briefcase. the agent raised an eyebrow inquisitively, but made no protest. The two men signed off on the purchase, making Leonardo Tyrrandei the new owner of the castle. The moment the agent left, Leonardo began walking around muttering about redecorating. 

Jirei was in the church courtyard just merely standing in the pouring rain that bounced up from the ground. He knew that most people would choose to remain inside for the day. But he always wondered why. Surely such a beautiful gift from god wasn't this unapprieciated. If there was a drought then everyone would be dancing with joy in this rain. Oh well... Not that it mattered to him. Either way the rain would help him focus on the task at hand. Jirei decided to walk back into the church wiping the lenses of his glasses to get rid of the rain water that blurred his vision. Putting the glasses back on the priest walked about the church with his hands behind his back and a wide grin on his face. "It won't be long now... It's almost time for the Holy Grail War. I have been preparing for this moment. Now with the Grail almost within my grasp it will be able to grant my wish." He went to the basement to check on the preparations he had made, everything is exactly as where he left it. The summoning circle sat in the middle ready for use. "Not yet... But when the time comes... I will summon my servant and in the name of the church I will eliminate all of my opposition." Jirei left the basement and locked the door behind him so no unauthorised personnel end up seeing more than they should. He decided to take a walk around town to pass the time. Weirdly enough though he never decided to take an umbrella to sheild him from the rain. After some time of walking he arrived at the main residential area of Baltimore. Many houses were filled with people spending time doing indoor activities such as watching the TV or playing board games, but if anyone were to look out now they'd probably some kind of weird man walking in the rain with no protection and yet another mad grin on his face.

Maria turned her head to the side so she could look out at the darkened cloud filled sky.  The rain pounded heavily against the window. “Miss Marie are you feeling alright?” came the sound of a woman’s voice from across the room. Maria raised her head and once more scanned the room. Maria was inside a small kitchen/dining room located in a small house on the base of the Baltimore beacon. A tall woman who looked to be in her early thirties was standing in the kitchen cutting vegetables in preparation to make lunch. At the table Marie sat at was a small blonde girl who was coloring away in a small journal. The child’s father and woman’s husband was next door in the lighthouse working away. The house and Lighthouse were both owned by this family who had kindly been letting Marie stay there for a few days, a kindness of which Marie would soon repay.

Marie bolted up from her chair gave an excited salute to the woman, “Oui Madame, I am feeling great! After all today’s the day I have been waiting for these last sixteen years.” The woman chuckled at Marie’s antic, “You said today was the day you were meeting a new friend right?” Marie nodded her head and bounced up and down on the balls of her feet. “Oui Madame! I can’t wait to meet him… or her… I don’t really know what they look like or who they are but I know they will be awesome!” The woman chuckled again and even the little girl giggled.

The little girl had finished her coloring and she brought it over to her mother. “Very good Fea” said the woman as she patted her daughter’s head. “Can I see?!” Asked Marie excitedly. Fae nodded her head and walked over to Marie, She gently held the paper out to Marie who in turn carefully took the paper and looked at it. The picture was of a poorly drawn black horse standing in a green field. Marie handed it back to Fea with a smile. “Tres bein Fea.” Fea happily took the paper and went back to her seat and began another drawing. With a bored Sigh Marie sat down as well and began to tap her fingers against the wood of the table, thoughts of all the preparations she needed for tonight. So far she had everything she needed, well except for one thing.

A twisted smile curled onto her face and Marie casted a quick glance at Fea. “Hey fea do you believe in magic?” The little girl looked up from her drawing and nodded her head enthusiastically. “Uhuh, The tooth fairy comes and gives me money every time I lose a tooth!” The adorable response was enough to melt anyone’s heart and the woman chuckled from the kitchen, currently she had her back to Marie and Fea. “Wanna see a cool magic trick?” asked Marie. Fea nodded and clapped her hands. This caused Marie’s demonic smile to spread into an even more twisted grin.

The lights flickered and a moment of darkness covered the room. There was a muffled scream and sound of commotion from the kitchen then the lights returned. A trembling whimper escaped from Fea as Marie stood behind her and stroked the small girls chin. With one hand Marie moved the girls head so that she was looking towards the kitchen. In the kitchen the woman was no longer alone, coiled around her was a large snake made of pure shadow. Fea tried to scream but the sound was blocked out by Marie who placed her hand over the young girls mouth. “Now ,now ,little Fea, the trick isn’t over yet.” The Snake tightened its hold on the woman who screamed in pain. Her screams intensified as her bones cracked and broke, first her arms, and then her legs.

Dark ropes of shadow wrapped around the litte girl and held her in place as the woman’s body hit the floor. The snake that coiled around her let go and slithered to Maire’s extended hand. The snake changed form on contact and soon Marie held within her hands a dark and cruel looking scythe. Marie left the terrorfied form of Fea in the chair and walked over to the broken form of her mother. The woman’s eyes that were so full of terror looked up at Marie who stood over her, scythe raised in the air. “Thank you very much for letting me stay here. I just need one more thing from you. Oh and don’t worry your daughter and husband will also be helping me as well. In short thank you for helping me summon my friend, I will give them your regards.” Once she was done talking Marie brought the Scythe down upon the woman’s throat. A terrified scream, the spray of blood, and the rolling of the head signaled the end of the woman’s life. Marie turned back to look at the small and weak form of Fea, a look of pure joy on her face.

The sound of metal scarping against the floor drowned out the sounds of Fea’s desperate cries of fear. “Goodbye Little Fea, It was a pleasure to meet you. Hopefully we can play again sometime.” Marie raised the scythe to the side and brought it down with a sideways swipe. Another spray of gore and the head flew free. The scythe vanished and Marie was left alone in silence. Marie eye’s fell upon fea’s drawing’s which were now covered in the little girl’s blood, the one she had been working on was not complete. It was merely the body of a human but she had no time to finish the head, how ironic. A small giggle escaped from marie’s mouth, but soon the whole room echoed with her mad laughing.

She happily left the table and skipped around the room collecting the two severed heads and stuffing them into a burlap bag. She swung the burlap bag over her shoulder and grabbed her own bag. She stopped as she opened the door to leave the house and looked back one last time, she did a curtsy at the door then exited the house shutting it behind her. Now she made her way to the lighthouse where she would begin her preparations.

Faust looked at himself in the mirror, and couldn't help but notice that his tie was a bit uneven. But he didn't really bother with it. Because---

hey lazy, don't you think it'd be about time to start preparations?

Faust almost jumped and hit his head on the ceiling, after hearing that voice in his head.

Oh sh*t, you're right! But I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

In fact, he hadn't eaten breakfast either, and he was HUNGRY. And even worse, it was raining outside and he didn't want to get himself all wet again.

Maybe you should actually go and use those house keys.

The voice was persistent, to say the least. And it was getting VERY annoying.

No, that house is haunted. It was your fault for making me buy that house. I'm practically poor now.

And truth be told, he was happy staying at an apartment. The house the evil spirit thing had convinced (forced) him to buy looks like something straight out of a horror movie, and probably was, considering that it was cheap (for a house at least).

Faust had barely even had breakfast, and now he was in his car, driving to some creepy house at the end of a huge alley.

You want to know what'll be really funny?

What?

You getting a Caster servant.

Faust rolled his eyes at that terrible joke, and went on with driving. He DID stop at a drive-thru to get some junk food as well.

You wanna know my wish?

What?

That you never existed.

That's if I don't get my wish FIRST.

Faust had to withstand more that AN HOUR of this bullsh*t until he finally arrived. Faust's mouth fell off his jaw at the sight of this 'house'. It was ridden with overgrown vines and dead bushes, and it had a seriously eerie atmosphere, and the rain didn't help at all.

You bought THAT?!

Yep, pretty neat huh? Figured it'll be great for more experiments.

Faust shook his head in dismay. The manor looked like something from a crappy horror movie complete with 0 logic.

How much did this cost?

I'm not sure, actually.

By you bought, you mean you murdered somebody to get the keys, right? You could've gotten something a bit better than THAT.

Oh, and the $20,000. I used it to buy--

Torture equipment?

You know me so well.

Faust facepalmed himself. Not only does he have to put up with that voice in his head, he probably now has dead bodies hidden in that house and god knows what that evil spirit already did in there.

VOjb-tsXtm.jpg it looks like that)

images.jpg

"What a warming and delicate weather out there." Charles said, sitting with his elbow right on the edge of his balcony, admiring this place of Ireland along with a cat meowing.

Charles actual place was and house with a delicious smell along with a light of his favorite color, the wall painted brown along with the furniture around. A music was playing on the background as Charles was drinking a cup of Coffee. The house was not luxurious, but modern. You could feel the warmth coming toward it.

"Hey old man, still talking to yourself !" Charles smiled as he turned to see a young girl, Aline. Charles decided since a long time that she will followed and prosper the goal of himself as he believe that she is the one. She was strong and courageous for Charles, they both had tragic and happily moment. "Hey, come watched the rain with me." said Charles to her as she approached him.

"Is this today?" Charles smile fade away as he nod. "That's right. Today is the beginning of a new adventure." Aline laughed. "Gosh, you called a war and adventure?" "Yeah, even if most people could call me crazy to bring such a girl with a peanut brain here." she kicked his belly, retaining her smile. Charles laughed as he looked at the door behind them. "Aline. If i won't survive, you will still maintain my dream. And that's all that count." Charles leaved the balcony, opening up the door. " I'm preparing the circle. Aline, don't forget that you will leaved this place after the summoning."

She nod, even if it was hard for her to leaved Charles on such a critical moment. They were 7 people, and only one will surface with his goal. She was only hoping that Charles will came back alive even if she know that if his dream couldn't be achieved until a long time, and this opportunity could be a one life goal for Charles. She know it better then anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back