Day One

Arlo Hayes

Junior Detective
Time: 0800

Temperature: 9°C

Date: Thursday, January 29th

Weather: Overcast, light showers expected throughout the day. 

The weather has died down and the morning fog has finally burnt off. Despite the clouds the day is pleasant, the morning dew still clinging to the blades of grass. School is in session, with all the town's children gathered there. It's a small school that teaches to the children rather than grade level due to the low amounts of children in the town. 

Masters have all returned to their base of operations with their servants. Servants either remain in spirit form or wear modern clothing. The day is for planning traps, gathering information, and those evil enough using bounded fields. Open combat in the city will catch the attention of the church, however the open fields just outside the city offer an excellent place for a duel. 

Residential area, southern Baltimore

Eugene was up, preparing for the day ahead. He rummaged through his suitcase to retrieve a few containers, one of them contained a silvery grey powder, the remaining containers helds fluids of an oily black color, white pellets, and some bright metal shards which had been prepared the night before.

"Lancer, I'm going to the docks for a little 'fishing.' If you'd like to come with me, feel free, but you should wear more modern clothes, so that you may blend in with the locals."

Of course, by fishing he really meant he'd be hunting people to eat. He needed to, as he hadn't eaten since leaving his home in Italy.

"I'll be leaving in about ten minutes if you'd like to come."

Eugene proceeded to inspect his weapons and ready his bandolier for the containers.

@The Green Scar

Charles Rose : Basement

As the sun goes up, Charles notice that he felled asleep on his chair. His left cheek was red and painful as he slowly raise his head. Dreaming was now his only way to forgot everything and be less stressful and thinking that he could died at anytime as he was now awake, looking at his commands seals left a mixed feeling on him. Fortunately, he hasn't been stab during the night which mean he could advance further. But still, the word resonate inside James mind. "Don't expect us to cower and hide for long." 

As he opened the windows, James eyes wide open. A huge fire had taken place on the town as the smoke could be seen far away from Charles home. "No way... A battle already happen?"  James thought as he walked trough a closet with a code, opening it up. A huge mechanic device that was looking like a weapons was present, Charles toggle a button as it reconstruct itself in a little pocket device, waiting for another order. He quickly do his morning stuff before putting a coat on him. Inside his coat, his device was there along with some tools to defend himself, in any case. With the gloves around his hand, it will at least hidden the commands seals. Checking the Camera he put around the house, all of them were seemingly to work very well for now.

Charles used his mind to spoke directly to Rider. "Ath... " Charles sighed. "I might use those nicknames in extreme measure. Rider, I might think a fight between masters happens. We shall go on this place. If we can get more information before the others it will be great."

He said as he leaved his home, a brown hat covering his head. He walked trough his cars, sitting on the driver seat with a smile. "I know that you probably want to bashed others servants, but we don't need any unnecessary fight, unless we get attack. And just a question but... Do you want some modern clothes, Athena and Lux?"

@SomeStupidWords

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonardo got up from his nap just after sunrise. Three hour should keep him going until the afternoon. He muttered something in his earpiece and was informed of smoke rising from the prison. 

"Well, Caster, what do you think the odds of that being an accident are?" He asked with a grimace.

Leonardo planned to head to the docks, as he had a suspicion that it could soon be an area of high activity. He would keep to the rooftops, of course, and hopefully peace would be kept by a mutually assured destruction. The biggest threat to that would likely be the "Berserker" class, but as long as he kept out of the way he should be able to keep any mortals from dying during the exchange. He asked Caster what backup she could offer him, and prepared to head out.

@Otakuyaki

In the end no one came to the harbour over-night. They both waited for a while but there was no hint of anyone coming near. So instead they decided to head back to the church. The next morning there was no time for fun and games. Now was the time for battle plans and evidence gathering. Jirei sat in the basement of the church for the time being thinking over his strategies. Surely some of the masters must have left their mark somewhere and the smoke rising from the prison looked to be a good start. "Saber... What do you say we go investigate that smoke over by the prison. It seems far too convenient for a fire to start there on the first night of the war... If not your free to make your own suggestions too." Jirei sat in silence awaiting Sabers response. He couldn't help but feel that there was dangerous enemies in this war, but then again, that just makes it all the more exciting.

(I'm not a big fan of small posts like this but I couldn't think of much to go on...)

@Phayne

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Indeed, the timing for such a terrible event is far too convenient. I agree that the prison is a place of interest.. however I also believe that we will not be the only ones to come to such a conclusion" replied Saber, his fingers under his chin as he contemplated the situation. The timing of the war and this incident at the prison was almost perfect, especially if one of the masters or servants summoned were of the nefarious kind. The thought of one of the potential heroes being more villainous in nature had saddened him, not because of the ill natured tactics but more due to the fact that the Servant involved was not even worthy enough to be called a Hero. The strategic warrior within Saber had been eager to test his mettle against Hero's of caliber, men whose heroic deeds earned them a place in legend... not some too bit criminal that goes around creating havoc. 

"I believe that the prison should be our main lead.. however I would advice towards putting information gathering as our priority over a full on attack if we did encounter another pair. There is too much we don't know right now to needlessly endanger ourselves by rushing into the fray" finished Saber.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As the sun rose assasin left the manor and explored around the near by homes as well as checking up on the prison. after seeing what had taken place the night before he quickly explores the near by surroundings for any tracks be it beast or human   

Rider/Charles' House

The two Servants had spent the night talking, and familiarising themselves with the building that would be their base for the war. Only once or twice did they manifest into physical form as Charles slept, to examine things in the house.

As the sun rose, the sisters left the house to watch the sun rise. "Ah. It's beautiful," Rider smiled, looking across the horizon.

Her sister mirrored her expression. "It's been a long time, hasn't it?" They sat together, taking n the sight of the world, together.

A little later, the two heard the voice of Charles in their mind. "A fight, already?" Rider wondered aloud, reacting to the news.

"How brash..." Rider muttered.

Charles spoke again, and this time, Rider responded. "New clothes? An excellent idea." Rounding the house, the two saw Charles seat himself in the front of the car. The two manifested, Rider stepping elegantly into the back, and sitting with folded arms. Rider, however, stood outside the driver's window, pressing her hands against the glass, bringing her face close to peer at the insides. "I shall drive," she said, firmly, "I am the Rider class, after all."

@Nick Ton Cutter

Marie awoke still curled in a ball, She sat up and stretched her arms yawing loudly as her messy hair spread out behind her. She looked around the room and her eyes fell upon the clock. It was currently 8 am and she felt rested and rejuvenated for another night of fun. to bad she would have to wait tell night time, her family was always very adamant about no playing during the day. There was the occasional time she broke this rule with the residents of the house but most of the time she still followed it. Maire yawned again and swung her legs over the side of the bed, she stood up and walked over to the dresser she kept all her clothes in. Tossing the robe aside Marie dressed her self then went over to the wall mirror. She looked her self over. She was dressed with a black tank top, black skirt, red stalkings, black boots that just fell short of her knees, and finger less red arm gloves. Not completely satisfied with her appearance she tied her hair back in a long pony tail. She no longer looked like a little girl like she did last night and now looked like a legitimate teenager.

She nodded to herself in satisfaction. Now she was all good to go out into town. Her stomach growled and she realized she hadn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday. Marie sighed and went into the master bedroom and looked around, eventually she found the families stash of cash, three thousand dollars in total. Marie grabbed two hundred and went downstairs grabbing the families grey umbrella from the living room and walking outside. As she stepped outside she could see the feint trace of smoke in the distance, this brought a smile to her face and she began to skip happily down the road off in the direction of town. "Berserker I am going out for a while, Rest up and get ready for tonight because we are going to have way more fun tonight, Understood?"

@AaronVolcano24

While Lancer wasn't necessarily all to intrigued with his master's actual reason for "fishing", but nonetheless knew that it'd be foolish to not take the time to scout the surrounding area further than simply the proximity of their home base.

"I believe I'll accompany you from a distance. I'll be taking this time to further analyze the area around us to see if any advantages can be conferred to us via landscape."

Now having to decide on what would be proper "modern" clothing for him to wear, Lancer felt as though he'd come up against an insurmountable adversary. There was very little he deemed fine, but eventually settled on a plain coat with a hood, denim jeans, and pair of hiking boots.

"Master, my I inquire as to your financial status in this world? If possible I'd like to do some minor shopping in the near future. There are many curiosities in this world I plan on expanding my knowledge about. Believe it or not, heroes, great as they may be, aren't exactly the greatest sources for information. Hyperbole everywhere. Before I tackle that though, some basic things must be covered. Only a fool ignores the resources around him due to pride, and by that standard there are many fools among heroes, trust me."

@Beefybork

"Master, may I inquire as to your financial status in this world? If possible I'd like to do some minor shopping in the near future. There are many curiosities in this world I plan on expanding my knowledge about. Believe it or not, heroes, great as they may be, aren't exactly the greatest sources for information. Hyperbole everywhere. Before I tackle that though, some basic things must be covered. Only a fool ignores the resources around him due to pride, and by that standard there are many fools among heroes, trust me."

Eugene was a bit confused as to why Lancer would need to buy anything, but whatever it was, surely he could afford it.

"My family is not wealthy per se, however we do own a modest amount of land in the mediterranean, I'm certain we can oblige whatever shopping you may wish to pursue."

Eugene began heading to the door, so that he could leave for the docks.

"One question, will you be able to drive a boat? It may be necessary for where we will be going."

@The Green Scar

Leonardo got up from his nap just after sunrise. Three hour should keep him going until the afternoon. He muttered something in his earpiece and was informed of smoke rising from the prison. 

"Well, Caster, what do you think the odds of that being an accident are?" He asked with a grimace.

Leonardo planned to head to the docks, as he had a suspicion that it could soon be an area of high activity. He would keep to the rooftops, of course, and hopefully peace would be kept by a mutually assured destruction. The biggest threat to that would likely be the "Berserker" class, but as long as he kept out of the way he should be able to keep any mortals from dying during the exchange. He asked Caster what backup she could offer him, and prepared to head out.

@Otakuyaki

In the basement of Leonardo's operations

"Mmmm..." Caster hummed in delight as she watched the stone arms come out of the walls, bearing gifts they had stolen for her. In just one night, the minions she had created had done an excellent job of gathering materials for her: papers stacked in myriads of colours were surrounded by haphazard mountains of animal carcasses, accruing by the moment, and were held down by a variety of earthen materials. Ores, crystals, and precious stones were sorted loosely and stacked neatly, while a variety of natural reagents were swept into a corner. Their colours were vivid and glimmering, but no lights had been lit in the basement. The room, itself, glowed with an extraordinarily soft light, shimmering in a manner magical to the eye, "This is good." a drop of magic glistened on the ceiling before it fell to Caster's face, slipping down her cheeks into her satisfied smile. Licking her lips, the very walls of the basement wavered while she relished the exquisite, nostalgic taste.

"Well, Caster, what do you think the odds of that being an accident are?" the voice of Caster's master broke through the silence of her pleasure.

"Well, Master," Caster looked to the side, where a mouth in the wall had opened, spewing forth remnants of human ash and charred remains, but her eyes were not watching the ash sieve through the stone lips. Her eyes had transformed to stone, looking through something quite different, "I can say for certain: zero."

At the prison site, which was razed to the ground the night before

Eyes in the stone walls opened, surveying the debris of the razed prison compound. Human remains dotted the scene, burnt beyond recognition, or rather, what was left of them; anything else had already been reduced to ash. The golden pupils of the eyes dilated and shifted as a magic circle formed in it. Another eye suddenly appeared in the walls, followed by another, eventually leaving no corner unseen.

"Master, there are residual energies hanging over the scene of the fire." Caster explained to her master, "I sense souls that are refusing to part, but beneath all that, there's something foul: a servant was here last night." arms of stone suddenly erupted from beneath the debris, grabbing at whatever human remains they could before stuffing them into earthen mouths that opened agape in the floor. The mouths swallowed up whatever the arms could gather, before closing and disappearing, leaving barely any traces of human remains behind.

In the basement of Leonardo's operations

"I do not know what the servant was attempting here, last night..." Caster began, her eyes turning back to normal as her gaze rested upon the remains her minions were bringing her, "But I would love to find out from these ones." another drop of magic dripped from the ceiling, coming to a stop midway to land afloat in the air, to which Caster extended a long tongue, catching it like a frog strikes a fly.

"As for your combat support... yes, these should do." Caster pointed her staff at the stacks of paper and the piles of animal carcasses. Black feathers floated from the animal remains, before bulging and transforming into blind crows, "These papers have been infused with what we've begun gathering, Master." the papers' colours glowed brilliantly as they took on a life of their own, collecting to form human figures of regular, Irish civilians. The blind crows hopped into the fray of papers, hiding within the civilians as the final touches were laid upon them. Their colours shifting and changing to resemble the depth and texture of human skin and clothing, "I will send warriors made of them to aid you for now. These will be a simple option until we can begin creating a much larger... variety of minions." Caster finished that message with a snap of her fingers, and earthen mouths suddenly appeared beneath the paper minions' feet, swallowing them up into the earth.

Brandishing her staff, she twirled it above her head before she brought it down before her. The shape of her staff molded, its golden blades molding into bones. With a crackle, ribs and fingers erupted from the head of the staff, forming a bone gauntlet around her forearm as the bones squirmed from the staff like legs of a spider. Three skulls finally formed around the head, contorting into Caster's three expressions as they began to hum.

Ash from the gathered piles suddenly sprang forth, billowing into a twister before Caster as a figure formed in its midst. The figure looked around, confused, but it couldn't say a word, not without Caster.

"Let's cut straight to business, shall we?" Caster continued, "Describe everyone you saw last night."

In a random alleyway of Baltimore

A mouth suddenly opened up in the brick wall of a back alleyway in Baltimore, from which one of Caster's minions, appearing as a regular civilian, stepped out. Their order had been simple: patrol the town in a net until nighttime and fight for Leonardo in the case of a confrontation. The figure looked around, surveying its surroundings before it suddenly took on the posture of a human; chests rising and nostrils flaring, they seemed to live and breathe just like a normal human.

@IronXenon

Leonardo acknowledged the false constructs- he would have been taken aback, perhaps even disgusted, if this was any less strange of a servant. As it stood now, though, this was a very nice tool. Leonardo now felt confident that his back would be watched while he scouted.

Leonardo put on his coat, picked up his briefcase and began walking to the docks.

----------------------------------------------------

Leonardo stood on a rooftop about three blocks to the west of the port. It was high enough that he could see the docks themselves in the distance.

Leonardo set down his briefcase and opened it. Inside was a military-grade sniper rifle, stored in 5 separate pieces. He took the pieces out one at a time and put the gun together. He set up the tripod on the edge of the roof, put his eye up to the scope, and looked around the docks area for any suspicious characters.

Charles Rose : Basement

Charles looked behind as he notice Lux. After that, Charles smile looking back at the windows, moving to the passenger seat. "Alright, take the driver seat, Athena. Just follow the GPs if you need the direction. The adress of the destination is already write." He then pointed out a package behind the cars, with some clothes. Fortunately, they were made to fit any weight and could change of color and shape of the owner. "I have a bathroom for you two. I'm waiting you for the moment. Have fun !"

@SomeStupidWords

Berserker had been in spirit form since that night. When Marie tells him to rest he says back "I am rested. I see no reason not to stay by your side in case I am absolutely needed. I have yet to exert myself. I will be coming with you in spirit form."

@Dante Verren

Faust rolled over the massive king-sized bed and fell on the floor, hitting his head. He jolted up with a muffled cry of surprise. After a few minutes of calming down and getting an ice pack for his poor head, he realised that he could control his body again. He looked at his hands and gave them a wave.

Huh, neat.

He walked out of his bedroom and got lost in the manor in absolutely no time. It took him about half-an-hour to find the kitchen. The place seemed relatively modern on the inside. At least it had electricity and wifi. He looked into the pantry to see if he'd bothered buying any food last night.

So, what did you do with all those souls you harvested last night? And why didn't you take all of them?

I did what I do to all souls I capture. And I didn't take all of them, since it was quite amusing to see the others frightened to the high heavens.

Faust sighed and closed the pantry. As he had thought, he didn't buy any food whatsoever. So he decided to go and buy breakfast somewhere.

mmmm.... Actually, where's Assassin? I haven't seen him this morning.

He muttered to himself.

Before long, Faust was in his car, driving AWAY from that screwed up manor and stopped at a carpark about half a kilometre from a Cafe place. He stuck his hands into his pockets casually and walked down the street. He decided to turn down some random alleyway and stopped. Something was off... There was some random guy there, AND A F***ING MOUTH ON THE WALL.

Faust almost fell over the surprise but gained his senses shortly after.

WHY IS THERE A F***ING MOUTH ON THE WALL?! ASSASSIN? WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE YOU **** THERE'S A F*CKING MOUTH ON THE WALL--

He screamed like a total idiot.

@Otakuyaki (@IronXenon) (@Charmingdruid9)

Fujikawa Odai.png

Fujikawa looked over the now deserted prison complex from where he stood atop the roof of the administrative wing. The prison was relatively old, and since all the outer walls were made of solid stone, all of the buildings remained standing. However, the fire had destroyed everything inside the buildings, burning up the interior walls and the roofs. Everyone inside the complex had been killed, including the guards that were stationed there. There was no doubt that this was the work of a Master and Servant. However, there were no clear indications as to which pair was responsible. Because of the fire, collection of trace evidence was made impossible. However, his methods were of a much more unconventional sort.
He hopped down off of the low rooftop, his shoes making a loud crunch as they met the thick layer of ash and debris that coated the ground. He let out a deep sigh as he walked slowly towards the main cell block. If only he had been able to learn of this sooner. Perhaps then he would have at least some idea as to who did all this. Unfortunately, he had been preoccupied with his other preparations, and his information network hadn't extended this far out from the town. It surprised him to see an act of this magnitude on the first night, but he probably should have expected as much.
After a quick survey of the grounds outside, Fujikawa stepped into the building that had, only one day prior, been the main cell block. The place was in even more disarray then the grounds outside. The roof had caved in at several places, all the walls and doors were scorched and covered in a layer of soot, and the charred remains of both guards and prisoners littered the floor. He crossed the room slowly, taking in every possible detail and being mindful not to destroy any possible evidence. Unfortunately, as he had expected, all traditional evidence as to the identities of the perpetrators had been destroyed by the fire. He had hoped to find some evidence in the ethereal energies that lingered there, but those two had been rendered useless, warped and twisted by the anguish of dozens of souls. Several of which still lingered. That was odd. He had assumed that this massacre had been to collect more energy for the servant involved, but if that were the case the souls would not have lingered. But they did. This complicated matters further. Even if it had been to serve the purpose of the Holy Grail War, a brazen act such as this clearly violated the rules regarding the secrecy of the Grail War, even if it didn't directly draw attention to the war.
Before he could ponder the development further, his attention was grabbed as he suddenly sensed a presence other than those of himself and the lingering souls. He turned towards the presence just in time to see stone arms rise from the floor and grab the nearby charred remains, stuffing them into a mouth that had opened on one of the walls. It seemed he wasn't the only one who had taken an interest in the events that had taken place the previous night. However, what he saw was just a puppet, created for the sole purpose of gathering the lingering soul energies that still clung to the ruined building. Its creator was most likely Caster, as he didn't sense the presence of its puppeteer anywhere nearby, and such long range control required a precise control over mana. One that he was all too familiar with. This small puppet was a vastly inferior version of the golems that made up his information network throughout the city, remaining hidden underground and informing him of any significant events that transpired. He turned back towards the far end of the cell block, content to ignore the puppet. It posed no threat, and he had no reason to destroy it. Besides, any influence on his part would be a violation of his responsibilities as an impartial overseer. And he would never dream of doing such a thing. For now.

@Otakuyaki

Marie clapped her hands together once, the likely hood of Berserker leaving her alone was most likely zero to none. In all honesty it wasn't a bad thing as long as he could stay in spirit from. "Alright you can come with me, however you have to promise to stay in spirit form unless I tell you otherwise. Understand?"  Not waiting for a response She took off walking her hands held back behind her head in a relaxed posture and a smile fixed on her face. The screams for mercy, the tears of desperation, and the sound of her scythe slashing through flesh. Such good memories. She hadn't had that much fun since she got to play with mother and father back in France. Marie stopped walking and looked out over the coast in the direction she thought was south, Her home, how long had it been since she was home? Maire shook her head and her happy attitude resumed as she kept walking.

It took a while but she eventually arrived at the town of Baltimore. Normally people would be talking about the weather and any plans they had for the day, but now a hushed silence hung over them. Marie stopped in front of a small diner and read one of the signs. Full breakfast €10. Marie nodded happily to herself and went inside to get a bite to eat. Marie stepped inside and a tired looking older woman stood behind a podium with a welcome sign on it.

The woman told Maire to follow her and she brought Marie to a table near the bar. She left Marie their with a menu and went off to return to her podium. Marie flipped through the menu for a minute before a waiter appeared next to her. Already knowing what she wanted to order, Maire ordered the full breakfast. The waiter nodded and Marie's eyes drifted over to the bar. Two older men sat their drinking coffee and watching the news with a grim expression. The news was talking about the mysterious fire at the prison. so far a total of 35 people were missing, 30 in mates 10 of which were juvenile and 5 guards. Marie's breakfast arrived some time later and she happily went to work eating it.

@AaronVolcano24

Rider/Charles' House

Rider grinned at Charles' agreement, then moved behind the cars, to pick up the package. She walked towards the house, and Rider slid out of the car, following her. The two changed quickly, then walked back out towards the car. Rider looked as impassive as ever, but Rider seemed somewhat unhappy. "Not something I would have chosen. Well, I'll find something nicer later." She said, jumping into the driver's seat. She examined the GPS closely, tapping it with a finger curiously. "What a useful device," she smiled, "This world truly has changed."

With that, she began to drive, speeding away from the house. Her driving wasn't safe, or measured, or considerate - but it was very fast. She careened through the country roads, seeming to react to the directions as late as possible. It was fortunate that so few others were on the road at this time - or perhaps, had there been more obstacles, she would have demonstrated great skill in avoiding them. Behind her in the car, Rider leaned forwards, an expression of excitement on her face. It seemed both sisters were enjoying themselves greatly.

They arrived at the prison in little time at all, less than any other driver would have taken. The two Riders stepped out of the car, looking at the burnt building. It wasn't long before Rider frowned, and looked away. "What happened here?" She asked, quietly. 

@Nick Ton Cutter 

@Rhodus

@Otakuyaki

Faust rolled over the massive king-sized bed and fell on the floor, hitting his head. He jolted up with a muffled cry of surprise. After a few minutes of calming down and getting an ice pack for his poor head, he realised that he could control his body again. He looked at his hands and gave them a wave.

Huh, neat.

He walked out of his bedroom and got lost in the manor in absolutely no time. It took him about half-an-hour to find the kitchen. The place seemed relatively modern on the inside. At least it had electricity and wifi. He looked into the pantry to see if he'd bothered buying any food last night.

So, what did you do with all those souls you harvested last night? And why didn't you take all of them?

I did what I do to all souls I capture. And I didn't take all of them, since it was quite amusing to see the others frightened to the high heavens.

Faust sighed and closed the pantry. As he had thought, he didn't buy any food whatsoever. So he decided to go and buy breakfast somewhere.

mmmm.... Actually, where's Assassin? I haven't seen him this morning.

He muttered to himself.

Before long, Faust was in his car, driving AWAY from that screwed up manor and stopped at a carpark about half a kilometre from a Cafe place. He stuck his hands into his pockets casually and walked down the street. He decided to turn down some random alleyway and stopped. Something was off... There was some random guy there, AND A F***ING MOUTH ON THE WALL.

Faust almost fell over the surprise but gained his senses shortly after.

WHY IS THERE A F***ING MOUTH ON THE WALL?! ASSASSIN? WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE YOU **** THERE'S A F*CKING MOUTH ON THE WALL--

He screamed like a total idiot.

@Otakuyaki (@IronXenon) (@Charmingdruid9)

"Hmm?" Caster's soulless minion, transformed to appear as a regular civilian, turned to eye Faust with deep golden pupils. Assassin? The mouth coiled at the sound of it and the minion quickly replied, "Wha- mouth? Where are you looking at?" the minion stuttered with a look of disbelief, his eyes betraying a single message: what hallucinogenic gases is this one on? The minion looked at Faust's eyes, then looked at the wall where the mouth was, following his gaze, before looking back at Faust. Pretending that he was unable to see the mouth, he looked back at Faust, "Do-do you need help?" the minion replied, laughing awkwardly to give off an impression that he was very confused as to what was going on, "By the way..."

"Who's the assassin?" the minion inquired, referring to Assassin as such to portray that he had no clue as to who Faust was talking about, "If you're an assassin, you're going to get into trouble." he asserted as he walked around Faust, circling around him as if to give away that the minion felt unsafe around the man who was screaming his head off about mouths in walls and an assassin. The mouth, on the other hand, having done its job, closed and melded back into the walls, and an suddenly opened in the brick walls high above the two, observing the minion and the self-proclaimed master of Assassin, "You should see a physician for your eyes." the minion joked awkwardly, pretending to be unsure of what exactly to do with Faust. Suddenly, a portion of the minion's body beneath the transformed clothing reverted back into paper, and he pulled out the sheaf of paper, pretending to rifle through it and check its condition for folds and dog ears, waiting for his chance. He had just received precise orders from his mistress. It wasn't long before a sudden draft of wind blew through the alleyway, causing him to "lose" his grip on some of his coloured papers as they flew on the wind around the corner, out of sight. Swearing loudly, the minion spoke up again

"If you don't need help, I'll be leaving." the minion hurried, watching his papers fly away as he stowed them away in his coat, putting on a frantic expression as he ran after his paper around the corner of the alleyway. Meanwhile, the papers that were drifting on the wind displayed their magic once they were out of sight, floating adrift even after the abrupt draft had stopped to rise above the buildings and float around the area where the master of Assassin had revealed himself to Caster and her minion.

Caster was in the basement, sitting cross-legged in the circle she was summoned in, having finished interrogating the spirit. Now she knew what Berserker looked like, but what he did there was still a mystery. It shouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to wreak havoc, but it was extremely odd that all the remains and corpses she could gather were missing spines. Suddenly, her attention jolted. One of her minions had already made contact with something, and from the information of the minion... the master of Assassin?

"Master," one of her eyes had the appearance of stone, while the other had transformed into paper, neatly folded into a sphere, "My minion has chanced upon the master of Assassin. He is located just outside an alleyway directly connected to a parking lot, located at the end of..." an eye suddenly opened in the concrete of a corner on the street, looking for a markers to help identify their location as her other two faces pulled up a map behind her, bickering as to where they were located before quickly coming to an agreement, "Village Mooring, where Carbery Terrace begins."

"Wait, the Captain's Table Restaurant is located across from them! Wouldn't that put them at Village Mooring and Castle End?" Caster's face of rage angrily interjected.

"But the alleyway is behind Lifeboats Baltimore, that puts them closer to the junction with Carbery Terrace!" Caster's sorrow replied quickly, tracing a finger over the roads, eliciting a groan from the head that contacted Leonardo.

"Just check around that area. There will be paper flying overhead." Caster continued, "More of my paper minions will be distributed around your area, but if you're in danger, please don't be hesitant to jump into one of my stone statue minions' mouths. I'll describe what he looks like now." Caster promptly ended as the eye she was using to monitor the duo analysed Faust closely from a dark corner, a magic circle apparent in the pupil as it discerned more truths about Faust. His mana capacity was quite remarkable for a modern magus, she would love to see how he uses those gifts.

@IronXenon @MrEvilMexican

Berserker followed closely behind her at all times (in spirit form) and kept watch to make sure there wasn't anything that could attack her. He was thinking rather clearly as he didn't have a desire needing to be sated at the moment. He saw Marie eating and wondered to himself what that would be like, all he'd ever devoured was souls but he didnt think it was quite the same. No complex thought crossed his mind, only a child like innocent wonder. He communicated to her "what do you have planned for today?"

@Dante Verren

Lancer was pleased to hear his master wasn't completely destitute.

"Yes, as a product of the summoning I am able to handle most forms of typical modern transport. While I was never too much of a seaman myself, I'm sure whatever it is I'll handle it."

Lancer already was plotting the various additions to their defensive abilities now that he knew he had access to some outside resources. A few questions still remained though,

"Master, as you obviously don't have too many scruples regarding human life may I inquire as to whether we'll be setting up a bounded field for use? More mana never hurts, especially in these circumstances. Oh, and before I forget, to what degree are your connections with church like right now? I wouldn't imagine all that secure with your vampirism being the primary factor there, but I do believe it would be good to visit the archbishop when possible, it may end up being beneficial."

@Beefybork

assassin walking through the woods near the prison still in search of what caused the destruction of the prison 

"hmm whatever has caused this destruction seems to be to late to find any real tracks"

assassin looks through the trees at the sky

"well i suppose i have been at this long enough. i should probably head back to  the manor guessing how my master acted last night i wouldn't want him to cause any issues that would jeopardize this job"

taking the route in which lead assassin through the town and as he was walking down the road in town all the sudden he could hear Faust's eccentric not nowing weather it was of his joy of killing or Faust being assaulted he decided it was a top priority to make sure he was okay.

"was that scream from Faust i hope he hasn't done something to cost him his life."

assassin reached a corner hiding as he saw a man walk away from a shocked Faust

"what happened here"assassin wondered

@MrEvilMexican

Faust looked around the place, before finally sighing. 

Did you sense it? That person was...

Hollow. Soulless. I know. I'm lead to believe that the servant is Caster. I mean, what over class could manipulate the surroundings like that?

That eliminates the possibility of Caster being a Lich.

Faust didn't rule out the possibility of being ambushed by that... thing and he reached for his weapon, only to realise he didn't have one.

S***, I forgot my weapon...

He sighed at his own stupidity and shook his head before asking th voice in his head.

Who would you think it is? I mean the servant.

Well, we know Berserker has some connection with undeath, and this Caster has some sort of tie with stone? I'm assuming that's the case.

Faust shrugged after hearing what the voice (red) had to say and looked around. He noticed Assassin coming and his smile faded. He called down the alleyway.

Oi, Assassin! I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Minions of a servant who I'm guessing is Caster is closing in around here and Caster seems to be able to manipulate stone or something. And I didn't bring a weapon.

@Charmingdruid9 @Otakuyaki

"That is a wonderful idea, I'm sure there should be some kind of charter fishing service around here. While we're on the water we could set up a field around a boat, I could sate my hunger with a few men and women, and we could harvest the souls of all those on the boat. Probably 20-40 people depending on the size of the vessel. Does that sound alright with you?"

As the pair began making their way outside, Eugenius locked the door, not that it would do any good against other masters, but it was a habit he had from his days before he left the family island. A few family members had the unpleasant  habit of getting into others' business, and Eugene learned at a young age that if he wanted privacy, he must secure it for himself.

"The church isn't allowed to interfere with the war, so despite our rather poor relationship, there shouldn't be a problem with me going there. However, that isn't to say that we should go irresponsibly. Before we visit the church, we should be adequately prepared should they not receive me well."

Eugene retrieved a pad of paper and a pen from the glovebox of his rental, and began inscribing sigils for surrounding his next victims in a bounded field so that he could harvest their souls for mana. Once they had chosen a suitable target, he would send the paper slips to surround their target, and send mana through them so that the field would take effect.

@The Green Scar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back