• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] The Wolf and The Rabbit

NeramoDJI

Deodorant Devourer
Lucky was standing on top of a rooftop, sometime late at night, a rifle in his hands as he stared down the road. He had been waiting here for some time, his uncovered eye staring down his scope as he looked down towards the empty street. There was a man who took this road as his commute route, and he had upset someone with quite a bit of money. And so some of that money had been used to hire Lucky, to make an example of this particular man. As he saw the car turn the corner, he smirked a bit, loading in a bullet and taking a moment to line up his shot, before the muted sound of a silenced bullet ripped through the air, striking through the windshield and immediately hitting the man in the heart. He sighed a bit, registering the job for his pay, before tossing the gun aside and running towards the edge of the rooftop, starting to make his getaway from the crime scene.

The Boy.jpg

photo-1453413453658-27fec8f43f29

1675471784607-png.1062771

The Huntress Hero, Howl
She was going to have her date and decompress from the incident at the mall; the stress of protecting kids especially hard on her since she tended to go hard on those particular fools. It was known that she was especially harsh to villains who put children in danger. A trait that stuck. Perhaps it was because she begged, for years, to be saved by a hero. It was something she never got, and so, tried to give to all the children in the world who are being failed.

Her thoughts on that fox one and the foolish boy who actually tried to beef with the villains; it made her laugh, proud of the strength of the kids these days. Her musings of the 'hero' she was to meet halted by the sound of a resounding gunshot as she was making her from rooftop to rooftop. It looked like that would have to wait. The road wasn't difficult to track, [Sensory Scout] picking up the tire screeches and slam of a car, though she was no detective and couldn't surmise exactly what that meant.

She prowled the edge of a glass window, peering at the empty street from an equally empty office building. Her eyes scoping a crashed car that struck one of the light poles. The smell of gunsmoke in the air. A rattling sound snapping her eyes toward a particular building; a gun clattering into an adjacent parking lot. Her body moving before any synapses even reached her brain, bolting across the street and swarming the firearm. Her nose picking up the recent gunfire and scent of...rabbit.

Her nose flared as her eyes shone bright like the moon as the fresh scent marked him for the time being; looking up toward the roof he was jumping off of. A jet of steam flaring from her nose as she put energy into her legs, running on all fours after where Lucky was jumping to. The Huntress much faster than a tortoise in a fairytale.

"Lucky! I'd almost be happy to see you, was dat another mark? More blood money? I won't let you spend it dis time, Krolik" She shouted

"Lucky"
the-boy-jpg.1084071
Lucky heard the wolf woman long before he saw her, rolling his visible eye as he realized this would add quite a lot of effort and annoyance to what was otherwise a simple job. He extended his hand towards her, silvery tendrils extending from his hand as a large shotgun appeared in his hands, firing it towards her to use the knockback to get away from getting caught when he landed. He wasn't bad at hand to hand, but he knew she was better. Using the blast of the shotgun to change how he fell, he landed down, discarding the empty shotgun. He knew her hide was too tough for the little pellets to get through, so instead, he brought out one of his favorites, silver threads spooling together in his hands to form a pair of large revolvers. Bullets that size should at least cause her some pain, even if they weren't truly damaging. To get something like that, he'd need a bit of focus on the gun.

"Sorry Lady, but I think I'll be spending some of it on a nice pizza tonight! Maybe use some of that 200 Grand to get a dog and name her Rooskie." He taunted back, the revolvers already loaded as he opened fire, the incredibly high caliber rounds flying through the air towards Howl, the rabbit already using his own enhanced speed to run, knowing this was going to turn into quite the chase with someone like Howl on his tail.

The Huntress Hero, Howl

The pellets of the shotgun washed across her hide. Her bristly hide capable of taking the brunt from the distance he shot it at. The intention to create distance anyway; Lucky was almost like a 'hero muse'. Her life and skills could have easily lead to being a contract killer; It almost had...were it not for him. She fought with her heart on her sleeve and there was a rivalry between them, but she seemed far more perturbed than usual.

She usually preferred to hold off on her support items, believing them to be a 'crutch', but her combat not left it's sheathe in a flash. Fenrir slashing in the air and causing arcs of lightning to brighten the darkened parking that had become their arena, attempting to slow Lucky down. The bullets hitting their mark in return, and causing her to lurch backward. Her claws digging into the ground; muscles starting to bulge as her wolven form further rippled with muscle. The Druzhina Cuirass and Fenrir combat knife a pair of very well suited support items. Lucky knew their capabilities despite her showing them sparingly.

The cuirass charging kinetic energy as she moves and attacks, Allowing Fenrir to discharge that energy with any swing. These mixed with her martial arts is what makes her #7, but Lucky saw tears wetting her furry cheeks as she looked at him, almost desperate.

"Lives are money for you, dis I understand.I was made killer by family, and thought de blood on my hands would suffocate me. I fled here, to be better....Pinwheel was de first to reach out...be comrade" Her trembling voice struggling around her harsh Japanese "He died at dat market, killed by monster of wire. What do you know?" She asked; her grief causing her entire body to quake. voice raising to a shout as she dropped to all fours and continued to pursue him. The trim of her cuirass beginning to light up again as it started to charge.

"Lucky"
the-boy-jpg.1084071
Lucky flipped around, his eyes locking into her support gear, realizing she wasn't going to play around this time, his revolver now changing target for the hilt of her blade. Aim small Miss small after all. So instead, he began to focus on disarming the more dangerous portion, not stopping his own running, enhanced by his rabbit nature, his ears flicking as he heard the energy, sidestepping and continuing his run.

However, he was keen enough to notice her different mood, his eyes locking onto the tears welling in her eyes, starting to figure something was up. However, he didn't know what quite yet. He began to jump along, firing back as he ran, but he was listening to what she said through the gunshots. Then she began to explain her situation of blood money and pinwheel. He huffed a bit, doing a flip onto a nearby car, landing without triggering the car alarm.
"Hey now, pause a second there rooskie!" He called out, deciding this took precedent over their fight.

"I'm all for a good scrap, but if yer not in the mood fer it, it just ain't fun. What's all this 'bout Pinnie boy and barbed wire?" He asked, afraid this conversation would go in a direction he didn't like. After all, only one guy he knew had barbed wire, and that guy worked for the one person Lucky wasn't interested in crossing, since that same guy would send Lucky himself after you if you used his real name.

"We can keep our chase goin' later, fer now, I'm gon' help a friend out. Them tears don't suit you missy." He said, his criteria for friend a mystery to all considering how many times the hero and villain had clashed, especially considering the intent of Howl to take away the one thing he valued more than anything else, his freedom.

The Huntress Hero, Howl
She didn't know what to expect; an unexpected wealth of grief overwhelming her senses as she tried to make sense of such villainy, but she hadn't expected Lucky to reach out. Her morale code has always been awash with grey; the many deeds her father had her commit in the name of the nation. It was the chance The Commission, and Pinwheel had given her. She couldn't bring herself to judge the villains she brought in and those whom leaned to 'vigilante' to her were just hero's of a different sort. An instance of it happening before her eyes.

She halted her attacks, sheathing Fenrir and shaking her head grimly "Pinwheel was like eh...mentor" She said awkwardly through the tears, torn between doing her job and...needing help. "I was stopping bank robbery, didn't hear about market until I was told...de commission won't let me go after snare. Dey say he is too dangerous, but what else can I do? I have clawed my way up by being thick skulled and reckless. Its what im good at" She lamented, feeling utterly useless in the face of the death of a close friend

Her Wolven form beginning to shrink; her body still exhausted from the overclocking of hero work she's put herself through. A workaholic burying her grief in her work was a bad combination. It was also the first time Lucky had seen her in the flesh outside of TV. A giantess even when she wasn't a wolf; but for all intents and purposes. She looked like she was broken up and lost. She took a few steps toward him before she was nearly up close to him, crumpling to her knees and meeting him face to face. What looked to be a desperate hug turned into an exhausted lumbering of a hero far passed her limit, and stubbornly telling none of her team.

images.jpg

"Lucky"
the-boy-jpg.1084071
Lucky rolled his shoulders slowly, nodding a bit. He sighed softly, looking at the woman as she explained herself. However, something he couldn't help but notice how much her uh... waistline size didn't change between her wolf form and her human form. However, he needed to restrain that part of his rabbit instincts, he couldn't afford that kind of misunderstanding right now.

"Mentor ey? Can't say ah ever had one, Self taught over here." He commented when she was done talking, before sighing a bit and shaking his head. "Now, I ain't tryin' ta be that feller, but yoo should give up on yer chase. I know the feller that done it, and he ain't the problem here. It's who thatt guy works fer. And in this whole wide world, he's one of the only fellers I ain't gon' try ta cross." He explained, bringing out his phone slowly, pulling something up. "If yer gon' try ta get ta snare, you better be ready ta fight the feller who did this." He said, showing her a picture of an isolated beachside covered in ice, spikes reaching up to the point of skyscrapers at some points.

"That right there's the aftermath of the last feller that decided it'd be a good choice to fight mister Ryuiki." He explained, putting his phone away after.

However, that was when she lumbered over and gave him a hug, where he sighed softly. Normally, he didn't let anyone touch him abruptly. But she seemed like she needed it.
"Bring it in big gal." He said, giving her a few pats on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back