• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dawn of Enlightenment

Oberons Veil

Radiant Bard

Em1uDzU.gif

sqEG2En.jpg

The world has entered an age of expansion, prosperity and growth. We have entered an ear of enlightenment. Nations will rise and fall during this period.

Come and begin your journey here. Take up the mantle, forge your path and live your destiny in this mysterious and wonderful world. Enjoy your adventures and live your life. Follow the path of the Divines or bring honor to your Ancestors. From East to West the world stirs, the people rise and the life of all buzzes with excitement. Will you live among the shadows of a glorious path or will you lead your people out from the darkness and into the light to be admired for centuries to come? The choice is yours.

8FOKXYv.gif

The bustling of the trade docks filled the air with a buzz of excitement. A new shipment of the finest eastern spices had arrived coupled with silks, teas and other exotic goods. There were markings of a fight all along the ships' hulls. It was clear this convoy had almost met the same fate that many others had in the recent months. The Dune Thalassocracy of Thalon had announced nearly six months ago a blockade of all trade routes through the Great Dunes that didn't pay tolls to Thalon. Normally this wouldn't have been such a problem as the Guild Lands used the river not the land as their primary route through the vast expanse of sand and dust that was known to the world as the Great Dunes. However this blockade was aimed particularly at the Guild Lands, so Thalon had erected some ballistas to fire upon Guild Merchant ships if they refused the tax, which they most certainly did at the behest of the Guilds. It had resulted in nearly three dozen losses and their cargo, halting the steady influx from the east and vice versa. The shortness of goods had made prices skyrocket and the Guilds still debated what to do as the people grew increasingly frustrated with the lack of their precious supplies.

"High Councillor with all do respect," came the voice of Councillor Laurentius of the Guild of Coin. He was wearing a yellow robe of sorts bearing the circle with the "c" inside, the insignia of the Guild. The Guild Council was holding an emergency session for the ninth time in a month, to discuss the situation with Thalon. Several of the Guilds wished to officially go to war against Thalon to relieve the trade lanes of the pressure they had been under. "We must march against Thalon, they have been harassing us for years now, and since our trade lanes are slowly being strangled we should hit them back. Hit them hard and hit them fast." His voice was raspy, his white beard and hair well kept, his appearance was that of a grandfather and in truth he was not incredibly outspoken which gave weight to his speech for war. "I motion for us to take a formal vote on whether or not we should join war against Thalon or not!" He bellowed causing some of the opposing Councillors to shrink back in their seats.

As Councillor Laurentius took his seat, a woman wearing a purple dress rose to her feet. Her hair in red curls was styled in a very Orveisian manner. A purple mask hid her eyes and the upper half of her face. Her accent was thick as though she had been born and raised in Orveis, Councillor du'Meer of the Guild of the Circle.
"Madames and Monsieurs we cannot idly march to war against Thalon, we all know Auridon would come to their aid." She said looking out among the faces of the other Councillors. It was no secret that Thalon and Auridon had signed treaties of cooperation, mutual defense, and many others in the past couple years, no doubt with the aim to defend against and prepare for the inevitable war with the Guild Lands. "If we are going to join war against Thalon and thus Auridon we should send word to Orveis." She said before sitting back down. The Guild Lands' closest ally both relation wise and geographically would be of great importance in the war. "Here here," a few of the other Councillors joined Councillor du'Meer in her sentiments.

All eyes turned as the High Councillor stood. Her dress was snow white, with golden embroidery, her hair was red as the setting sun and her eyes were as blue as the sky during a clear winter's day. Her young appearance did not betray the respect she was given. Her time in the military had hardened her. Her time in the Assembly had taught her much in the ways of navigating the political theater. Her membership in the most revered and respected of the Guilds was only further giving credit to who she was.
"Councillors, I met with the Orveisian ambassador, and our Legates earlier before I called this meeting." She said letting her words hang in the air. It was like Seraphine Ducainne to be prepared for several outcomes. She did not need the permission of the Guild Council to take the Guild Lands to war, but it would be beneficial to show unity in this time of need for the benefit of the people. "The Ambassador assured me that the Imperatrice with the support of her Chancellor, will come to our aid if asked." She said confidently. A collective sigh of relief was let out from most of the Councillors gathered. Even those who had been against the war, seemed to be more at ease with the idea that Orveis would defend its ally. "I will be traveling to Orveis to meet With Her Imperial Grace to discuss other matters of importance. During said time Councillor Laurentius," She said turning to the white haired man next to her. "You are to be High Councillor Designate, handling matters with tact and patience." She said. He nodded and no one rose to challenge the delegation. Laurentius was calm and collected, precisely the man you would want to run a nation at war. "Teryn, Varys and Calix will also be coming to our aid in the war. We are justified as they blockaded and attacked our ships coming from and going to our eastern trade port of Amaranthia." She said eliciting nods from the Councillors. "By show of hands we will vote for or against the declaration of war against Thalon and by extension Auridon." She said calmly.

"All those in favor raise your hands now," came the voice of the Officiate. The man in charge of the minutes of the meeting and taking of the votes. He counted as ten of those gathered raised their hands in favor of the war. "Now all those opposed," purely a formality as only three raised their hands. "Abstentions." He said seeing the last two raise theirs. "Madam High Chancellor with a vote of ten to three to two, this Council has voted in favor of joining war against Thalon and Auridon. May the gods guide us on this endeveor." He said before retaking his seat in the back of the chamber.

"We are adjurned." Seraphine said looking at her Councillors. She nodded to Laurentius and du'Meer knowing they would support her and take care of the nation in her absence. She would be departing for the city of Orveis immediately. She knew not what the Imperatrice desired to speak about but her letter had a sense of urgency and had requested that the High Councillor come at once. The two had grown up together at the court in Orveis, since the Ducainnes had long been the Guild Ambassadors to Orveis it only made sense, when Emilie had become Imperatrice and Seraphine the High Councillor it had allowed the two nations to grow closer to one another politically and even culturally. Soon the white sails of the Guild Fleet would be taking her to see her dearest friend.

M6vwnB8.gif

Ryzhai and Kithara

The two nations of Ryzhai and Kithara had for many centuries been on the verge of, and at times joined in war against one another. The current borders had been established nearly a century ago around the time that Selanar was emerging from their unification process. Now with the assassination of the Eternal Lord of Kithara by the hands of the Ambassador from Ryzhai the two nations were literally preparing for war. Two attempts at mediation had ended in the deaths of dozens of lives. Peace seems to elude these two nations. The armies have already begun to be raised and the borders have seen isolated pockets of clashes but as of yet no official declarations of war, or military events have taken place to signal the joining of war against one another. Their era of tense peace seems to have drawn to a close.

Okie guys so the RP has officially begun! Yay! So as you can see this is not your typical Nation Building RP in the sense you aren't playing as the nation itself per se. This IS character oriented though the character you RP as can be anyone in your nation. For all I care you could RP as several people in your nation if you can handle it. Let's cover a couple ground rules about the RP just to have their reiterated.

The first and foremost being quality. Yes, quality is the most important thing in this RP. No, you don't need to have more than one paragraph but you cannot have less than one. If you have less than a solid paragraph you will be given a warning, if you persist to have less than one paragraph consistently then you will be asked to change one last time or you will be asked to depart the RP due to not meeting minimal standards. This is not going to be one of the RP's labeled as Casual (potentially detailed in the future) where I will tolerate posts with less than the required amount. I don't let that slide really at all so please be mindful of that.

Secondly, I will handle ALL NPC nations, and from time to time characters of shadier or higher influence in your nations to throw you curve ball. For NPC nations be sure you tag me if you want my attention for it. Please don't assume you know what an NPC nation is going to do, for all you know they could be a puppy and suck up to you and give you anything you want, or they could have a big bad ally that could put you in your place. Be mindful of that. I encourage you to interact with your neighboring RPers and NPC nations. I believe in a high level of autonomy and I will not always be the one to RP with you for situations. You need to be comfortable with creating your own situations and events, I have plenty of patience on this so if you are new to that kind of approach take your time and learn as we go! Effort is everything!

Finally, please understand that double posting is not going to be allowed. The only time anyone on here will double post (which I hope to still avoid) will be myself in responding as multiple nations, however that will usually take the form of this post where I have it divided and titled so that people understand it more. Time progression will not have a set system (though subject to change in future) but a time jump will happen at least once a week. Time jumps will be followed by a nice large and detailed post by yours truly detailing the "World" and what has happened. A reaction to actions taken up to that point. For the sake of the RP if you are going to be off for a couple days or are dropping out please send me a message letting me know what's up so I can know when to expect your return or lack thereof. Thank you all and enjoy!

@NorbertM
@general ostruppen

Last edited by a moderator:
THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC

The sound of cheering and booing had echoed across the city, for the great race of Neptune had just begun in the Circus. The circus stretched as far as half a mile. On the sidlines thousands of citizens gathered to celebrate the games in honor of there Sea God and cheered on for there individual contesters. Twelve chariots stood behind a long thick white line, horses and men waiting for the bell to be rung and to win glory and fame. In the middle of the stands on the left side of the circus stood a somewhat tall tower for the two consuls and several other senators that come to watch this magnificent game. Consul Teriq and Consul Augustus smile at the sight of there citizens urging for the consuls to start the games. "If you want Augustus I shall start it off." Teriq was quite tall and muscular for a consul, Black hair and a bushy beard and he would look like a barbarian if it werent for his toga. Augustus with his olive skin and hazel hair made him look quite young and handsome for a consul, but that was how he was born and the ladies loved him for that. However anyone who thinks of him of only being a pretty boy would have to rethink his opinion if he were to battle, especially commanding his army. "If you want you may good friend." As he gestures him to do so. Teriq approaches the edge of the tower and raises both arms, "CITIZENS OF LEONIDES... FOR MANY YEARS OUR GREAT SEA GOD HAS GIVEN US PROSPERITY IN OUR SEA TRADE AND BLESSED US FOR MANY YEARS OF GOOD HARVEST..." He pauses to catch his breath, "SO LET US BEGIN THE GAMES!!". The crowd goes wild and the racers raise there leather leashes in one hand and the other with a trident. After several minutes, a Runon soldier appears from the sidelines and had the flag of there great nation. He steps to the edge of the sidline, "MAY NEPTUNE GRANT EITHER ONE OF YOU VICTORY!" he waves the flag and the race begins with a roar.

In the center of the city lay the senate building, A large temple with twelve statues representing the nations gods. Each Statue stood 40 meters tall with two arms that supported the building. Inside was large dome like room with the room made of marble and gold, other then the seats that were made o f Mahogany and stretched from the right side of the entrance door to the left side. Looking from the entrance laid in front two marble seats in the middle of the room and about 50 feet behind them lay a large map hanging on the wall. Nineteen senators of the Runon party and elleven Starken representatives sat on opposite sides of there respected groups. One runom spoke up, "Fellow senators have we agree on the plan that we shall show, once the consuls and remaining senators arrive?". The man speaking was the head senator Galio Bnarchus , sixty eight, Silver hair, and quite short for a five foot eight senator. But his height did not matter, for his voices tone and wisdom is what catches the senate and peoples attention. The senators around him look towards him and nod in reply. Galio smirks and reaches inside his toga to reveal a scroll and he opens it to reveal his speech.

The Union of Selanar

King Michael Areim walked slowly through the torch-lit halls of his castle. A soft tap sounded with each step he took on the stone floor. The young man's eyes were lowered to the floor directly in front of him as he thought about the current situation of the east, and what it meant for his people. It has only been eight years since he inherited the throne. His time in power has not been easy, as the tensions between the nations of Ryzhia and Kithara put the surrounding powers constantly at edge. If a war were to break out between them, Selanar would no doubt be dragged into the conflict eventually, and it seemed that with each passing month, war was more likely to start. By now, tensions were incredibly high. It could be felt in the air. War was imminent. He had to make sure his people were prepared.

The king found himself exiting a hall onto the balcony. It was a dark and rainy day. Most people would complain about this kind of weather, but Michael enjoyed it. It was soothing to him. He walked over to the edge of the balcony, leaning forward against the wet railing. His royal robe would get soaked from his time spent outside. He'll have to get it dried later. The young man looked down at the city of Rendus below him. Because of the rain, there weren't many people on the streets. The lack of people allowed him to focus on the city itself. It was beautiful. It was his home, and he would do his best to protect it. He closed his eyes and sighed before he heard the voice of one of his most trusted confidants.

"My Lord, what are you doing out here? It's raining. You'll get sick."

Michael turned around to see Sir Samuel Ne'ermore, Selenar's Head of Military. Samuel was a taller man wearing light armour. Michael smiled, "That's fine. I enjoy the rain. It allows me to think more clearly, and that's more important right now than the possibility of me catching a cold." To this, Samuel shook his head and stepped onto the balcony. Speaking softly, the man inquired, "What is it that you're thinking about, then?" He added as an afterthought, "Perhaps I can help."

Michael stared blankly at him for a second before turning back towards the city and looking up at the dark sky. "I'm just worried about our people. We're a young power, and yet, we're already likely to be involved in a large-scale war between Ryzhia and Kithara. I've been coming up with an array of different plans we could follow, but... I just don't know what to do."

A second after Michael finished talking, he felt a firm pat on his back. Samuel stood to his left, looking up at the same sky. Clearing his throat, he spoke, "My Lord, you do this too often. You're always keeping to yourself, keeping your problems and Selanar's problems to yourself. You're a wise man. A worthy king in all regards, but you need to allow your subordinates to help you more often. That's what we're here for."

"I know, Samuel," Michael responded, his eyes falling upon Samuel. He took a deep breath before speaking further, "But what do I do about this? Our legacy can't end so soon after it began." Samuel's eyes met with Michael's. Samuel was a wise man. Maybe not as much as the man standing before him, but he was a lot more decisive, and it showed in the way he spoke. He didn't seem to have to think before he answered, "You're a young man, My Lord. Yet you possess the most wisdom out of anyone I know. I'm sure you've come up with many possible and viable courses of action. You just need to decide on one to carry out for now. Follow your gut instincts. Don't overthink things." Michael held his head low in thought.

A minute of silence fell upon the two. The silence only contested by the gentle tapping of the rain. Samuel watched Michael as he thought. He had faith in his king. Eventually, the younger of the two spoke.

"I want you to call for the sending of ambassadors to Kagenoku, Hanzo, Akaichi, and Dai'yu. We'll need to work out non-aggression pacts with each of them. If possible, organize large trade agreements with them as well. Meanwhile, we'll have to start getting our forces ready."

Samuel was taken aback by the suggestion. "I beg your pardon, My Lord, but Kagenoku and Hanzo? Doing this may get Selanar into more trouble than it's already in." To this, Michael smiled softly. "Do not worry. I think this will work. Thank you, Samuel." Samuel looked at Michael speechlessly for a second before nodding and walking back into the castle. Michael sighed once he was alone. Selanar was in a tough spot. Any move they made would be a risky one, but this was the option that he had the most faith in.

The Empire of Zhou was a bustle with news, the Emperor had been doing his yearly tour of the Empire, stopping at as many locations he can within a region of the Empire in a month and a half, meeting his people and seeing how their lives were and how the government could better improve the citizens complaints. Emperor Zhou had been within the town Jun-Kai, the furthest western town in the Empire when he'd found out that a councilor from the Guild would be coming and that it'd be about two weeks before her arrival within the Imperial Palace, due to this news Emperor Zhou decided to cut his trip short by a week and a half, as he sits within his carriage riding along the Grand Imperial Highway, his entourage slowly made its way back to the capital city in about half a week.

The Emperor was then greeted by his sister, Princess Tagawa Ryu Zhou, her bright blue silk dress gently fluttering in the gentle mid spring breeze "Brother! Welcome home! What has brought you home so early? Has something bad happened?" She'd move over to him, looking at her with her light brown eyes looking up at him with a worried expression to which Xi smiled, gently putting his hand onto her shoulder "No dear, a representative to the Guild Republics from the west is coming in about a weeks time, we received the news within Jun-Kai and decided to return home at haste to be able to organize and receive and welcome here to our homeland." He'd smile as the worried look upon her face soon fled as he explained, replaced with one of curiosity and excitement "Oh brother, did they say why they are coming? I've always been so excited to see the Envoys and the merchants from the west, they are so different and just delightful!" Xi would roll his eyes, patting her should and gesturing to follow as he begins to walk "No, but I will be sure to give you some time to talk the poor diplomats ear off if things go smoothly. Maybe even work towards having us make a trip over to the Guild and see the land they speak so highly of." She'd gasp, looking at him excited "Oh that would be absolutely wonderful! I'd love to meet them they seem like such kind hearted and caring people, always looking out for us trade wise and watching our back as we them." Xi would smile as they walk, entering the main anteroom of the palace, the various servants bowing deeply and moving back as they walk by, the Palace soon being abuzz with perpetration for the arrival of the diplomat from the west, the house Imperial Guard readying their uniforms to beyond normal quality and the Palace being cleaned spotless beyond it's normal standards, the guest chambers being readied as the Emperor sat within his study, writing up a speech to give upon the diplomats arrival.

MOTUTje.gif

City of Dreams, Queen of the Sea of Gales, and Capital of the Most Serene Empire of Orveis, a city draped in intrigue, mystery and murder. The Imperatrice stood on the balcony of the Castle du'Tellier (tell-ee-ay) looking out upon the horizon watching as the ships came and went from Orveis' bustling harbor. Her people were preparing for war with the Thalassocracy of Thalon and their ally Auridon at the behest of the Guild Lands. Not a war the Empire wished to be in, but one that was essential to keep the flow of coin and goods constant. The storm clouds loomed on the horizon and Emilie watched as lightning idly struck some of the water, hearing thunder boom in the distance far from the capital. Nothing out of the ordinary for the Imperatrice of the most powerful nation in all of the Aether Plane. A small smile crept onto the young Imperatrice's lips.

Her life long friend the now High Councillor of the Guild Lands was coming for a visit. The reason? The war, trade, diplomacy, possible civil war in the Imperium, only Emilie knew for sure why she had called her friend at this time to her capital. She would be arriving within a matter of days, thanks to highly maintained Gold Road that went straight from the City of Orveis to the City of Aurelion, capitals of two allies. A carriage making good time, in favorable conditions would traverse the route in nearly two weeks. One in a hurry could make it in less time, and with the urgency that Emilie had described in her letter to High Councillor Ducainne she was sure her friend would be coming in hurry. A knock on the balcony door distracted the Imperatrice.

"Yes?" She questioned not bothering to turn and look. She wasn't expecting anyone but it wasn't uncommon for her time alone to be invaded by some matter of importance. Especially as of late.

"Pardon the interruption your majesty," Came the apologetic but warm tone of Emilie's consort. He was young like her, his hair was cut short and shone like the sun with all the radiance of youth. His eyes were a deep green, much like the leaves of the forest trees during summer. However like all Orveisians he wore a mask, his in particular was intricate and covered both eyes and everything in between but above the mouth. Gold and white were the colors, stylized into the form of leaves. Rumors swam throughout the capital, the back rooms of noble's castles and throughout the world that Prince-Consort Henri preferred the company of men to women. Though it was true, Emilie cared little, knowing he had been able to produce what was needed for her line to continue. The Anorien Sacellum didn't openly challenge the Imperatrice about it, and while they taught it to be wrong most of Orveis considered it none of anyone else's business who did what behind closed doors.

Henri stood there waiting and watching his wife as she looked out over realm. She turned to face the man who loved her more like a close friend than a wife, though she minded little.
"Come ma fleur?" She said looking at him and offering him a simple smile.

Henri approached and embraced his wife, taking her hands in his. "
We have recieved news via raven that the Guild Council has indeed voted in favor of war. High Councillor Ducainne also sends word she is planning to make haste to arrive here." He said clearly not understanding the intentions behind why the High Councillor would be leaving her nation in such a time and coming south to Orveis, or why she would be in a hurry.

"Ah, thank you ma fleur." Emilie said satisfied that things seemed to be going her way. She moved away from the balcony and her husband offering a final glance before departing. She didn't owe him any affection, and he owed her none either. They had been betrothed when they were three and four respectively, her father then Empereur Julien the Sixth of his name, had done so to quiet his opposition which was aptly lead by Henri's father, Duke Lucas Rayne of Raynewood. They grew up in the palace together, though in their teens neither had an interest in one another beyond being really good friends. Emilie had walked in on Henri and one of his... companions when they were fifteen, though she had been collected and not said a word. Rumors flew and her father threatened to call off the marriage, but he was assassinated by foreign agents before that could happen. Some suspected Duke Rayne but he too was assassinated some months later, following the coronation of Emilie as Imperatrice Emilie, seventh of her name. She continued to just ignore the rumors and while they wed, and he consummated they remained childless nearly six years later. Well three stillborn had broken Emilie on the inside and as far as the nation was concerned she was their Imperatrice since she dedicated so much of her time and energy to helping them better their own lives. As she said "The nation is my child" though everyone did know that she longed for a child of her own to raise and spend time with.

She walked through the Castle before coming to the entrance, her heels clacked on the marble floors before she came to a stop where her attendants were waiting. The carriage door was open and she entered,
"The Anorien Sacellum please." She said calmly and the carriage lurched forward. Six guards rode on the carriage, and six more were on horses behind. Standard detail, though the city guard and the Royal Guard were stationed through the city and crime was relatively low, there were also no pressing threats to her person so heightened security was neither needed nor desired.

They passed by the many plazas, square, forums and gardens of the city's upper and middle districts before coming to the very ornate, and very green temple district which held the imposing Anorien Sacellum's Grand Cathedral and nearby it also held the Sacellarium which was a religious university and where the Sacellum's council met. Statues to the Gods of the Aetherial Divine pantheon to which the Sacellum was dedicated stood through the district each had their own temple, all equally respected and treated. Some temples were more grand than others, though none touched on the scale of Tariel's. The Creator's Temple was the largest in the city, if not the world, it was imposing and could hold nearly eighty-thousand worshipers at one time. It also happened to be where the coronation ceremonies took place.
Fond memories, Emilie thought to herself. The carriage finally came to a stop at the Temple of Sirine, Goddess of Wisdom. Emilie disappeared into the temple to pray and seek the Priestess' guidance... time would only tell what they discussed.

8FOKXYv.gif

A week or so had already gone by and it wouldn't be long before word arrived via raven that the High Chancellor had arrived in Orveis for her
urgent meeting with the Imperatrice Emilie. At the same point Councillor du'Meer had been sent east aboard a Zhou merchant vessel to begin a state visit. du'Meer had been dispatched on the orders of the High Chancellor to the east, in her stead as she would be unable to attend a state visit of such magnitude due to the ongoing war and the visit to Orveis. Everyone knew that Councillor du'Meer could be stranded in Amaranthia the Eastern City of the Guilds if war prevented her return to the capital of Aurelion. During times of war however, the Guild Council formally ceded its authority to the Military Council and the High Councillor.While symbolic in nature this was incredibly important to ensure that the war would go smoothly without too much political wrangling or inexperience in determining the path of the conflict.

"Grand Prelate," the voice was coarse and Lucius Esper turned to see High Chancellor Designate Laurentius walking over to him. They were on the Fields of Aristhenes, the God of War. Designate Laurentius was wearing his normal nobleman's attire, much like what he had worn at the Guild Council's meeting several days prior.

"Designate Laurentius, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" He said offering a small smile and nod, saluting the Designate in the process by placing his right arm across his breast plate. He stood watching and waiting for the other to speak, though his attention was actually on the soldiers who were mustering nearby, as well as those who were training. While the Guild Lands maintained four legions at all times during peace, there was a need to raise an additional four, with another three on standby in the event the war became defensive.

"How fair the Legions in the north?" Designate Laurentius asked. His face stoic and Esper wasn't sure if the Designate wanted to hear it in person or if he hadn't actually received the raven yet. A sullen look spread across Esper's lips and he was not looking forward to discussing this matter at all. Though who in reality would want to discuss the loss of nearly half of one legion due to an ambush with the remaining half besieged in a fortress with the nearest reinforcements being nearly another week's march away?

Esper took a deep breath and sighed a little.
"Sir, three days ago the Third Legion was ambushed and sustained casualties amounting to nearly half of their force." He said becoming more stoic as he noticed that the Designate's lips twitched just a little. With legions numbering nearly thirty-thousand men during peace and forty during war, losing half of one legion was painful. Losing an entire legion would make the war start as a defensive. "The Second Legion is marching with haste to the Fortress of Dour to relieve the besieged Third Legion. Once that occurs they will withdrawal to the Vellinar River and garrison the Citadel of Understone to await further orders. Understone should buy us nearly two or three months as it is the only crossing large enough in that region to support the armies of Auridon and Thalon on their march south." He said looking at the expression of the Designate and wondering if this was acceptable or not. It was the plan that had been prepared years prior when war had seemed inevitable with Thalon, though that war never came to be.

"Good," was all Designate Laurentius said before giving a salute and walking back to his carriage which disappeared into the Northern Gate of the city. This kind of situation wasn't favorable but there was little that anyone could do. It would take time for the Second Legion to march to relieve the Third, it would also take time for the First and Fourth Legions to take up their positions near Galadon and Vindal respectively to await further orders. The Fifth through Ninth Legions were being raised and prepared to march north, while the Tenth through Twelfth would be raised as reserve Legions to be held back to close any pockets on the front that formed. As far as the Military Council could determine Auridon had raised four armies of their own while Thalon was re-positioning nearly six. Orveis would be sending three large armies as well, to accompany the four armies coming from the Guild Lands' vassal states. On paper the war should be easily one through numerical superiority, however this was all assuming that the Imperium would stay out of the war altogether. Their position had yet to be known and it was that uncertainty that kept Orveis from sending more forces north. The war seemed to in the quiet before the storm. When the storm finally broke, many would die, just how many though would be known in due time.

M6vwnB8.gif

Response for the Envoy Requests to Selanar

Responses via ravens arrived one by one over three or four days to the government of Selanar in response to their requests for meetings with the representatives of Hanzo, Akaichi, Dai'yu, and Kagenoku. All had agreed to arrive in two days time, though only Hanzo and Dai'yu had sent word that members of their Royal Families would be handling the diplomatic matter rather than traditional ambassadors. It could easily be taken as a good sign from those two nations that they were planning to be receptive to proposals put forth by the King of Selanar. In all, Prince Tyn Ganhou of Hanzo, Princess Rin Kame of Dai'yu, Ambassador Itachi Mitsuda of Akaichi and Ambassador Li Yen of Kagenoku would be attending the impromptu summit of sorts.

Ryzhai and Kithara Update

Meanwhile on the borders of Ryzhai and Kithara the small isolated pockets had indeed grown into military skirmishes. Already several hundred soldiers had been killed and nearly a thousand wounded. Just the day before, Kithara had openly denounced the Ryzhai and executed a handful of Ryzhai citizens who had been unfortunate enough to be in the Kitharan Empire at the time of the assassination. They had been labeled as agents used for espionage and as such sentenced to death in a very public and very biased court. No one in Kithara dared to oppose the now Emperor Sen Li of Clan Shinen, his father had been assassinated recently, his mother died in childbirth with him, losing his family one by one over the years had turned the twenty-year old into a cold and calloused mess that could only be described as impulsive. The Dowager Empress of Ryzhai was nearly the polar opposite. Her husband had died when their son was but one years of age, she had been appointed regent thanks to her family's political weight and her prowess in administrative duties. While her son was Emperor in name, Midori of Clan Uragiri ruled de facto. The Dowager Empress was calm, compassionate, beloved by the people and didn't hesitate to seek council from her advisers. She had curbed the power of the nobles, given the peasantry more rights and signed an all important trade deal with the Most Serene Empire of Orveis to the West. Militarily the two nations were evenly matched with nearly six million men in their armies. Both were in it to win, and while one side wanted revenge, the Dowager Empress maintained that Ryzhai had not been responsible for the former Emperor of Kithara's assassination though there was as of yet no proof.

War had come to the Flowers of the East, the blood of their enemies would water their fields and in the end only one could emerge.

:Pronunciation Index:

du'Tellier (doo' tell-ee-air)

Orveis (Or-vay)

Sirine (Seer-een)

Amaranthia (Am-a-ran-thi-ah)

Aristhenes (A-riss-thin-nees)

Dour (Dow-er)

Galadon (Gal-a-dawn)

Vindal (Vin-doll)

Hanzo (Hahn-zo)

Akaichi (A-ka-ee-chi)

Dai'yu (Die-you)

Kagenoku (Ka-gen-oh-ku)

Ryzhai (Ree-zhai)

Kithara (Kee-thar-ah)​

THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC

The sound of cheers erupted from the crowd as the winner of the race passed the finish line. The past hour of watching twelve chariot racers fighting each with tridents or daring rams was enough to amuse everyone and the consuls. The man who won raises both his trident and hand up in the air and yells a cry of victory. While the defeated one's that still stand on there chariots looked down in disappointment, some weren't even standing and had actually crashed and carried out by doctors before they were runned over. The consuls stand up from there seats and gesture the people to settle down, the people eventually settled down and turned there attention to the consuls. Augustus clears his throat, "This my people was truly another race to be remembered and cherish, to the man who has won this day... Shall we receive the name of our champion?" He looks at the champion with a curious face as does Teriq. The champion wore a metal chest-plate and a tunic under it, accompanied with a Runom helmet that had a black iron mask attached to it to prevent his identity from being shown. He looks towards the people and then the consuls, "MY NAME IS LABATOS AND I SHOW NOTHING BUT VICTORY FOR MY GODS AND TO THE REPUBLIC." He raises his arms again and the people respond with another loud cheer, flowers and petals were thrown towards him. Augustus smiles and yells out to the champion, "In achieving the victory you shall be granted to a reward that many don't receive the honors of having. But for now we shall start the cerimonial feast. SHALL WE!" The people one last time cheer again and immediatly start pouring out of the Circus Maximus. Before Augustus was able to leave, Teriq grabs Augustus by the shoulder and showed a concerned face. "What exactly is this reward going to be exactly?" Teriq questioned.

Augustus sweeps teriqs hands away and only smirks,
"Don't worry its nothing to do with money, however I believe someone like him would not turn down an offer I have in stores." He exits the room and down the spiral stairs and eventually accompanied by Teriq and the rest of the guest that came with them. As they finally left the Circus a Starken guard approaches the consuls, he bows before them. "My consuls... I have news from Senator Galio that he urgently request an audience with the two of you." Teriq frowned upon the guard, "Does he not realize that we are in the middle of an important day right now?"

The guard knew the consuls would reply like this, he approaches closer to the consuls so that only they could hear him. "We have news of the situation of Anteris, it doesn't seem good but Senator Galio believes that you two should discuss a diplomatic solution in the senate right away." He steps back and observes the consuls. Augustus rubs his chin and thinks about the information he had been given, he had heard of the little riots tha had bestowed upon Anteris. He wasn't sure however if it was really a concern for the republic or even Galio. Teriq thought of this as a waste of time and waves the guard away, "That does not concern us right now, tell Senator Galio that we shall speak of this tommorow." He turns around and walks several feet, but realizes that Augustus didn't follow. He turns his head to him, "Augustus your not considering on skipping our tradition are you?" Augustus snaps out of his deep thinking and turns towards Teriq, "By the gods of course not, I would never skip on such an important day like this, however if the news of Anteris concerns Senator Galio then I must consult with him." Teriq glares at him but then crosses his arms and looks away, "Very well...Just be on time for the final event." As he says that he walks off with the company of the senators. Augustus looks at teriq until he is out of site and returns his attention to the guard, "*sigh* Very well escort me to the senate."

The Union of Selanar

“… And what of the state of our militarization?”

Several figures sat around a large, round table. Their faces were clearly seen as those of King Michael Areim himself as well as some of his advisors under the light that came in through the well-decorated room’s windows. A white and purple carpet was placed over the table, and a cup of water placed over that, by each of the four people sitting at the table. One of which, Michael, had just inquired about Selanar’s militarization in response to the Ryzhai-Kithara conflict. Michael had asked his Head of Military to begin gathering the support of the Selanarian people in preparation for a possible war just a few days ago, and by now, the officials of Selanar have been made aware of Kithara’s slaughtering of citizens of Ryzhai, and the fighting that followed. The need for a fully-prepared army was apparent by now. Thankfully, Michael had requested for militarization ahead of time. He was anxious to learn of the current state of things.

Sir Samuel Ne’ermore, who had been drinking from his cup, placed it back down on the table to speak, “As is to be expected, our citizens are not eager about getting into a fight. However, the ranks of our army are steadily growing.” To this, one of the other men at the table, an elderly man, spoke up, “But My Lord, if we are really preparing for war, then why aren’t we making a bigger effort in doing so? I mean, we’re not actively supporting either of Ryzhai or Kithara, and we’re not pursuing alliances with any other nation, especially the Zhou Empire.”

Michael looked towards the man. “As expected of my Head of Foreign Affairs, Paul. Do not worry. It’s best not to pledge any allegiances right now, to avoid getting deeper into our web of troubles. That’s one of the reasons why we’re only looking to improve our relations with our neighbours.” The other man, similarly aged, but with a raspier voice, questioned, “Then why Hanzo and Kagenoku? They’re protectorates of Ryzhai and Kithara respectively. Ryzhai and Kithara are not going to be pleased with our reaching out towards the other’s protectorate.”

Just as Michael was about to answer, he was interrupted when an owl through into the room through the window behind him. The bird dropped a scroll onto the table, and after being thanked by the king, exited through the same window it entered. Michael sighed, “I apologize, but I’ll have to explain later. Not only does the dropping off of this message invite another matter to discuss, it also reminds me…” He opened the scroll and quickly read through its contents. He nodded to himself before continuing, “Yes, they’ve all agreed to meet us in discussion. Two have even informed me that they’ll be sending members of their royal family, which is a point of interest. It shows that they see some value in these discussions.”

The king of Selanar looked over the room and the three other men within it and spoke in a more authoritative tone, “We’ll need to tighten up the security around the castle over the next few days. We can’t afford to allow any information of our discussions to get into the wrong hands, and that possibility is more likely when members of a royal family have announced that they will be visiting.” His eyes settled onto Samuel, “Of course, that responsibility falls unto you, Samuel.” The taller man nodded to confirm his understanding.

Michael then looked over to the third man, Ednylon, who was the Head of Commerce. He asked, “How is our militarization affecting the economy?” Ednylon took a sip of his water before answering, “We will be cutting down slightly on investments into competitions and celebrations to make up for it. Of course, some of our reserved gold is going into it, but that is to be expected, and the cost is not anything to be worried about as things are currently.”

Michael nodded and stood up from his seat. “Then everyone is excused. You all know what to do.” The others nodded and stood up in a similar fashion, and left the room one by one.

Emperor Xi sat within his study, staring at the parchment scroll in front of him like he has for the past hour, his tea cup gone cold forty minutes ago and only three lines of speech written "Damnation, I never thought I'd have so much trouble dealing with a single letter in my entire life!" He'd then stand, turning and pacing back and forth again, stopping after about a minute to stare down at the courtyard below, growling softly as he turns and strides back to the table before beginning to write.

To my Cousin in the south

I understand that our past relations have been tense due to our ancestors blood, but I see no need to do violence upon one another when the true rabid dog sits upon our doorstep. Dowager Empress Uragiri I understand you are a wise and gentle woman, well spoken and loving of your people, I see no reason why we cannot come to a more peaceful alignment with one another, as such I send this message and a Envoy of the Empire of Zhou to ask if you would wish for us to dispatch an entire division to support you within the coming war, in return I ask that after this war we meet to speak of the idea of opening trade and non aggression pacts.

Signed, His Imperial Highness, the Emperor of Zhou, Xi Zhihuan Hideaki Zhou II)

As he sets his quill down, he'd sit back and run a hand through his mussed hair "
Dammit...How does one truly reconcile hundreds of years of mutual distrust and hatred in a single message, even the greatest of orators in all the world cannot!" He'd shake his head, before standing and sprinkling some sand onto the letters to help them dry, before stepping to the door and opening it, looking at the guard on the right hand side "Mister Okario, please bring me a messenger." The guard would bow deeply before running off a brisk pace to the messengers halls within the lower level of the palace, returning within ten minutes with a messenger as they both bow the guard would say in a out of breath voice "Praise to thee Emperor, I've gathered this man to you, is this all you require your Majesty?" Xi would smile, nodding and looking at the messenger before holding up a finger "One moment please good sir, I have a message for you to deliver to the Empress of Ryzhai" He'd turn and walk into the study and come out with the scroll, holding it out to the wide eyed messenger, who quickly bows and says "Consider it done your Imperial Majesty, I shall do so even if it takes my life!" Xi would smile once again at his subjects loyalty, patting him on the shoulder and looking at him "Young man, go forth. I trust you with this because you were hand picked as one of the best runners in the lands, I trust you my son. Now go forth and deliver the message with the utmost quickness!" The runner would bow again, before turning and running out quickly, heading down and being given a carriage and two guards on horseback and headed out of the gate within the hour of getting the message, sending a letter of hope for better peace within the Empire within his message sack.

The High Kingdom of Perison

As he walks into his bed chamber, High King Muros tosses his helmet onto his bed. The helmet is bronze and is decorated with a pair of dragon wings on the sides. After a moment of staring at his helm he walks over to the mirror hanging on the wall next to his wardrobe. As he stares into the glass he sees a man with a square jaw, tough tanned face with a scar crossing over his right eye, short hair and a large beard that had been dyed a crimson red. Overall he is a large, battle-hardened man that had gained quite a bit of popularity throughout parts of his kingdom. After a moment of checking his hair for spots where the dye had begun to fade he walks out onto the balcony, and stares out at the grand city of Dum Armores. The city had been built long ago on the northern side of Murex Island, the largest island in the lake the kingdom is located in. The city is the second largest in the nation, right behind the trade city located on the southern side of the island named Dum Bothidian. The Grand Temple of the Three Dragon-Gods towered over the rooftops of the northern side of the city, where all of the nobles and priests live. Not far from the temple is a medium sized arena where warriors looking to make a name for themselves could fight to the death for the amusement of the public. Near the temple is the main port of the city, where a few trade ships could be seen docking, however the port was primarily used for docking and replenishment of the navy patrols.

The King felt a warm breeze coming from the west, followed by the scent of water mixed with the smell of the city. There was a knock on the door before a guard opened it for the High General Ballod entered. The man was smaller than the king, and older as well. He had a small, pointed face, white hair, a straight posture, and always a serious looking expression. He stood in the archway leading to the balcony, behind the king, and bowed his head,
"Your majesty." Muros turned to face the High General and studied him for a moment, "Ballod, how are the Virtid Nobles behaving?" The man studied him for a moment before answering, "Well. After you crushed their last rebellion and captured the Virtid contester they had lost their courage. May I ask why you are wondering, your majesty?" Muros faced back towards the city, "I want you to raise a fourth of the military and have them standby. Prepare ships to transport the soldiers and supplies as well." For a moment Ballod looks surprised, however he quickly regains his typical expression and clears his throat, "This is very sudden. Will you want to summon the privy council as well?" "I will summon the council soon. For now just ready the men." "As you say, your majesty." Ballod bows again and leaves the king to himself.

The Clans of Yorgrim

A light sprinkle of rain fell upon the busy streets of Osgrad. As people bustled about, Freyr Einar walked about observing how they went about their tasks. Watching as they traversed from errand to errand, how warriors openly joked with each other, and how skald men and women conversed and laughed. It brought a grin to his face, seeing those he led content with their lives. He paused to look at his reflection in the window of a small shop. Freyr scrutinized at his reflection. For being as young as he was, a ripe old 27, his long silver hair hung in strands over his face. His equally silver eyes shined from the light in the glass. If the silver features didn't give him away in a crowd, his reputation as Hilmer made it so everyone of Yosgrim knew who he was at first glance. Besides those irregularities, his strong build and rugged face made him appear as any other skald man of Yorgrim. He began to ponder for the hundredth time how he came to gain his position.

Freyr's contemplation
were cut short at the tug at his pant-leg. A small girl, was nervously smiling up at him, offering up a half-way crumpled flower to him. Freyr let out an honest laugh at the sight of the child. "I thank you little one." He gently plucked the small plant and situated it in his cloak, to which the girl giggled with delight. "Are you really the Hilmer? Are you Lord Einar?" The Hilmer couldn't help but chuckling at the excitement of the child before him. He got down on his knees so he was eye to eye with the happy young skald girl. "I am indeed the Hilmer, but I am lord of nothing but myself. You may call me Freyr little one." The child gasped with joy. She smiled a grin of half grown teeth and kissed his cheek. "I hope to grow up big and strong like you one day!" A woman Freyr figured was the girls mother called out to her, smiling at Freyr as she noticed him. "You're the best Freyr!" The little girl ran off to rejoin her mother, turning to wave back at him every five steps. The woman gave him a look of gratitude as she ushered her daughter onward. Freyr stood and pushed his silver hair back from his face as he watched them continue along down the street, the little girl regaling her mother about her interaction with the Hilmer. Freyr strolled down the road lost in his thoughts, rolling the stem of the flower in his fingers as he watched the people of Osgrad and of Yorgrim go about their lives. "Long live Yorgrim..." Freyr muttered, "Long live Yorgrim and her people."

The Cult of Nazakal

Amul stood at the entrance of a stone temple going into the ground. In front of him stood a large statue of angel covered in vines and moss.The whole grounds around the statue was a swamp. Trees expand covering the clearing of the sky. Even if there wasn't trees the sun wouldn't be able to get through the thick fog. "A beautiful day," Amul said aloud looking out at swamp. His boots mushed into the mud as he walked out. "Ellesia, I believe we should send an envoy to the east..." Amul said fairly loud although no one was visibly present. An adult woman dropped out of the trees before him in a blood red dress. Despite her crashing into the swamp the mud didn't splash and she wasn't covered in any mud. "I would like you to to sail over to The Guild Lands, it would be a useful trading partner and a good point for news and expiditons for more artifacts of Nazakal. It also should be far enough away to not be naturally hostile to us." Amul said to her. "Yes, Amul I will complete this task." Ellesia spoke in a quite voice. "Also send an expedition to the north Nazakal's body should be preserved in the far north." Amul spoke again, "Your the only one who knows my plans for what they are, I trust you to come back, alive."

Ellesia quickly moved out of site like a ghost. Amul sighed and placed his hand on his mask. He walked towards the angel statue and moved his hand along its base. The hand moved to his pocket and placed a violet flower in front of angel. He grabbed his staff which had a cage like shape at its tip. The staff's tip slowly screwed off and grey incense poured onto the statues base. Amul lit a match and lit the incense. "Rest well my sister, I only wish I could save you in time before the plague got you."

THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC

As several senators finally arrive to quickly enter their seats and finish the meeting Augustus also joins the session and immediatly looks for Senator Galio. He spotted him in the middle of the room with a scroll in his hands. Augustus approaches him and lays his hand on his shoulder and shakes his hand. "Greetings again Galio, what news of Anteris do you have currently?" As Augustus finished his greeting. Galio looks at him with a concerning face, "Consul the situation in that nation is starting to get worse...If the rebels in that nation keep on rioting and causing chaos it will separate the kingdom into smaller nations, which means more trouble for us in my opinion." he glances around the room and notices that most of the senators had shown up, he gestures the consul if he could as well take his seat. Augustus does so and walks to his marble throne which he felt somewhat troubled that Teriq wasn't here to discuss. Senator Galio clears his throat and the others remain silent to hear. "Thank you all for your time. I have brought you all here for several reasons...First the kingdom of Anteris and its unrest are starting to get worse and I fear that a large rebel army of around 20,000 people have already started to take arms and started riots thoughtout Anteris. " He lets that message seep in, the senators speak amongst themselves to there neighbors and groups some showing concern, while others show of no concern. "I believe that a negotiation of the kingdom to join our nation, not in an alliance but to be a part of our nation would be benificial to our two nations." The senators stop and look to Senator galio with a questioning look. One of the older senators of the Starken party stands up, "You want to resolve the unrest by making there king kneel before us? They most certanily will deny that offer." The senate nod in agreement but some appose that statement, another senator from the Runom party and had seemed to be a younger man around his late 30's. "I actually believe this could work, if we are to allow the king to still rule his lands and give him military support he might consider joining our nation. His kingdom will also benifet many things from us as we shall too. However he would have to acknowledge our national laws, send representatives, and pay taxes and etc." with that being most of the senators of the Runom and some from the Starken started to see the mans reason and proposal and agreed to it. Augustus smiles with this and adresses to the Runom senator who spoke up, "I believe that is a splendid plan Senator Minos, I've seen that you and Senator Galio and several others have planned this out if I am correct." Senator Minos smiles and nods in reply. "Very well then...Aaah yes Senator Galio you said that there are also other things we needed to cover quickly?"

Galio nods and looks down in his scroll, "We also believe that there are several more trade routes that we may need to consider opening, and offering an alliance to the Kingdom of Vaar." Augustus raised a brow of the mention of Vaar, "Why do you propose that we offer an alliance with them?" As he raises his arm to rest his head on. "The Kingdom of Vaar are one of the top dominant nations like ourselves. If we are to establish an alliance with them we would be strengthening our military power and could potentially stop any invading forces from kingdoms outside of our continent. We have been trading with them for fourty years now, I believe it is appropiate to offer an alliance right now." Augustus thinks with a troubled face but then sighs with a conclusion in his mind. "Very well I suppose I can agree with you on that...Senators of the Runom and Starkens, I believe we shall put this into a vote now. Shall we assist the kingdom of Anteris or not?"

There were currently one hundred-fifty six senators present out of the one hundred-seventy eight (90 Runoms and 68 Starkens). About eighty nine Runoms and fifty nine Starkens raised there hands in response, and so the proposal of helping Anteris and asking them to join the Republic land was passed. "Very well we shall send a hawk to ask there king for a meeting, if they accept we shall send 34,000 of our Runom troops to aid in stopping the Anteris rebellion. Now all in favor of establishing an alliance with the Kingdom of Vaar?" Once again with another vote, seventy five Runoms and sixty five Starkens had raised there hands. The second proposal was passed, "Alright then....Senator Galio you shall be the one resposible of establishing the meeting with Anteris and sending a diplomat to the Kingdom of Vaar. The discussion of trade however should be postponed for we have a Festival to attend to.All in favor of ending this meeting say aye." The senate answered with a single voice of agreement, Augustus stands up and bows down to the senate as they do so as well. They all disperse out of the building and return to the Festival, while Senator Galio and Augstus remain the only ones in the room. Galio takes a seat in one of the marble benches nearby and Augustus does the same."It's been awhile since our army has had a good fight hasn't it Galio?"

The Kingdom of Vaar

Sneezes. And cold breezes. And impatience. The mass of men gathered within the Royal Barracks, located inside the capital city of the kingdom of Vaar, stood in a normal formation, eight ranks deep and twelve ranks wide. The men were dressed in their black standard uniform and their necks covered by white scarfs. The men of Vaar, within the military, before receiving a promotion, they were giving white scarfs, to purify themselves from the burdens they have endured in their previous service and to become newly reborn into the new one. These men were no different, no, they weren't. These men were proud, young, experience, loyal and ready to serve once more. Around them were countless officers, mostly formed ones, accompanied by their seconds-in-command and members of the Military House, who were attending something splendid within Vaar history. In front of them was a wooden platformed raised above the paved ground, for nearly two and a half meters high. On this particular platform were six men standing proud. One of these men was the king of Vaar himself. A well-respected man, with the playful nickname 'soldier king', Florian vit Gutsgarb was highly regarded among the military. With one gentle, swift move, he raised his arm up, as in grabbing the attention of everybody.

'My comrades. My countrymen. My brothers. My friends.' he began, lowering his arm. 'We have gathered here, on this sunny day, to witness a glorious moment in history.' a hint of sarcasm was felt about the sunny part, which gave some men a small laught. 'We have gathered here in front of these proud, good men to reward them for their loyalty and service under the Vaar crown. I, king Florian vit Gutsgarb, son of Scipio vit Gutsgarb and Annabelle vit Gutsgarb, have the delightful pleasure to inform everyone from the defenders of Vaar, that from this day forth, these men shall no longer be remembered as men part of their former regiments, but from now on, they shall be known as the men from the 6th King's Royal Regiment of Foot. You are now known as the elite counterpart of the Vaar military power. You shall be respected for this, for you have earned the right to be here. You and your family shall be taken care off, as in custom and we, myself especially, will look with excitement for your further accomplishments and will wait patiently to reward you once more. I say, good luck to you men and may we protect our homeland with pride, bravery and discipline.' with one final gesture, the king straighten himself up, raised his left hand up, with his right on his heart and yelled out loud. 'Long live the people. May we be protected by our gods, long live the kingdom of Vaar!'. The king was soon followed by everybody, cheering in unison. With a wave of his hand, the king dismissed everybody. The 6th King's Royal Regiment of Foot gathered, in formation, in front of their new regimental leaders and awaited instructions. The king left the Royal Barracks, accompanied by his guards, the Heissefen guards.

With a short, pleasant walk, the king arrived at the Royal Palace, where the king resided. He was soon greeted by the prime minister, head of the government, Alexius vit Marche. The man looked uneasy, desperate too. With a nod, the king allowed the prime minister to walk with him.

'Something wrong, Alexius?' Florian asked, his hands holding each other at his back.

'Your majesty. Difficult times are upon us. Rumors reached my ears that the Guild Lands might go at war with Thalon.' Alexius replied.

'Do you have proof or just rumors?' Florian asked, quickly.

'They are rumors, but they can become true. We will never know. But if war do comes to them, I believe we should aid them, your majesty.' Alexius offered, his hands fondling each other.

'Why? We have no alliance with them. We have no obligations to them, we only trade and make sure no one pulls a sword at each other.' Florian said, completely confused about the prime minister's intentions.

'Indeed, your majesty. But think about it differently. We aid them in war, be it with coins or soldiers, we can gain profit from this. Their cannons, sir, they are far more better than ours. Their navy too, yes? If we aid them, our relationships might improve and we might be able to advance our naval might considerably. This will bring nothing but opportunity for our kingdom. Sea trade is becoming the source of wealth. If we are to expand ourselves, we must have means not only to trade, but to protect our trades routes as well.'

The king paused from his steps, looking at the bald man in the eye. He was giving thought about it. But the might within the prime minister's voice was a holder, something that stops the king from taking an official approach about this.

'Send a diplomat to the Guild Lands. Attempt to improve relationships, but do not say anything about the war or any alliances. Just talk about further improving our nation's friendship. While there, gather information so we can analyze the situation before we take an action. Also, send a diplomat to Orveis. I would very much like to have their splendid cavalry within our ranks. We have so much to learn from them. Is that clear, my friend?'

'Indeed it is, your majesty.' Alexius bowed, then left.

'Oh, Alexius.' Florian called out. The man turned around and smiled at Florian. 'Could you send my uncle a message? I would very much like to have him in my company for the next couple of weeks, if that is possible. Thank you.' With that Florian turned around and continued his walk.

"Blessed are they who stand before

The corrupt and the wicked and do not falter.

Blessed are the peacekeepers, the champions of the just."

The Supreme Chancellor paused in musing.

"...Now her hand is raised,

A sword to pierce the sun

With iron shield she defends the faithful

Let chaos be undone"

The setting sun laid its fiery crown over the clear waters of the great sea as reflections of twinkling orange light embellished the Summer Palace, home to the Supreme Chancellor. It beckoned for the coming night as the orange lights retreated with their gleaming forebear as the chilling winds entered fro to replace them. The Chancellor rose from her kneeling position and tentatively made her way to the balcony that loomed over the crashing waves. The view was picturesque; so that all of the arts created by man, paled in comparison with the scenic beauty before her. It was magnificent to behold. The verdant hills beside her, the sparkling ocean out yonder that gleamed like gold, and the blowing breeze that carried hints of the ocean fragrance tickling her nose. She stood there quietly, listening to the winds that howled a tune so engrossing that it hypnotized her into a slight reverie. It was a quiet dusk, but from afar, she could hear the drums of war beating as it traversed its way up by the gales, straight into her heart and those alike. It seemed unavoidable. The upcoming struggle. The people of Redania, a peaceful and tranquil lot, for centuries have avoided any tension that grew in the years before them. They thought that if they kept to themselves and only sold things of worth, they would be spared by the evils and sins of man. But now, as tensions continue to grow with more fervor than ever, the once neutral country that claimed to be unaligned, no longer can afford the luxury of abstention. Unfortunately, she, as the Supreme Chancellor, knew of this.

A deep sigh of frustration escaped the soft lips of the young ruler. She remained there, eyes closed as she absorbed the last rays of the sun as it finally sank under the darkening horizon. Within seconds, the sky twinkled with star light and the rising moon shimmered in all of its glory as it bathed the coastal city of Redania. Behind her, a servant girl emerged from the moon lit room, clad in orange . "Mistress, your aunt, lady Adona of Velen, has arrived." A smile etched on the pale countenance of the young chancellor and she turned with exuberance that gilded her worries to face her servant. Irisviel, the Supreme Chancellor, was garbed in an all white dress that flowed like shimmering liquid light, draping elegantly by her small waste. A silver necklace that shimmered with diamonds was placed around her neck, glistening like the starts, while her arms remained bare and her white hair fashioned like a proper Redanian ruler. The news of her aunts arrival gave the young chancellor a small reprieve from the worries of the world. With her, she could relinquish some responsibilities and let live. "Thank you Alleya. Send word that I shall greet her shortly." She replied with a small nod. The servant bowed and immediately scurried to deliver the message. Irisviel walked over to the lit alter and extinguished the small flames on the candles. Two guards then emerged by the door that lead to her room from the hallway. "My lady, the chamber is prepared. We await further orders." Her gaze remained on the shrine and replied softly with hardened words. "Good. Standby and wait for my arrival. Deliberation shall not commence until I am in the room..." She paused remembering her aunt. "On second thought postpone it. I have more urgent matters to attend to." They gave their obeisance and shortly added "Most Excellent madam." they then promptly exited the room to the long decorative hallway behind them.

"
Most excellent madam! My, my, my, don't they sound fun?" A familiar voice teased whilst giggling with a cracked laugh.

"Aunty Adona!" Irisviel enthusiastically exclaimed. "I thought you were waiting for me in the main hall?"

"Hmph. Darling, do you think I would really wait that long to see my only niece? I have already waited for ages just to get permission to come here, I will not wait any longer." She chided as she neared her niece. Moments later the servant girl from earlier emerged with an embarrassed disposition. "Mistress forgive me I-"

"It is alright Alleya. No need to fret. Just give us some refreshments and that'll do." She smiled at the nervous girl. Alleya then returned the warm gift and curtsied away to perform her duties.

"You lead an obedient group of followers Irey. If only you were like that when you were a wee lass..." Adona quipped as she embraced her niece in warm welcome. She was never the one to act shy, especially towards others of notable power.

Irisviel replied with a warm laugh. "Here, lets sit." She lead her old, yet boisterous aunt outside by the balcony, but this time to the porcelain seats that were centered in the middle around a wooden table with ornate markings of Redanian craftsmanship. When they settled down and the food finally arriving along with redanian tea, Irisviel continued. "Thank Alleya... So what brings you here so suddenly aunt Adona?

"Hmph I take that as an Insult, my dear one. Can't a feeble old woman visit her only niece on such a lovely evening?" Irisviel retorted with an impassive expression. "Oh alright. I came here mainly to gossip and enjoy the capitol city. You know how it is over there in Velen. It's so boring and little to do. When I'm here, I feel somewhat important being related to you and what not. Let me have it, dear, I won't be here forever you know."

A soft sigh full of warmth escaped the young Chancellor. "Oh alright."

"There... See? Isn't that better?" The old woman bared her wrinkled smile and turn to gaze the sparkling sea. "I heard the Guild Lands are bickering with Thalon again. You know... about trade and what not. Whoever wins that little feud of theirs will one day be a problem for you one way or another. The victor will ultimately monopolize the eastern market and restrict their enemies from entering it. Thalon is a formidable power backed by Auridon for sharing the same enemy. Orveis will probably retaliate as well and join in the fray, and who knows what the imperium will do... Although they're an old feeble power, they are formidable nonetheless. Its a mess down there, especially with that civil war brewing in Rivana."

Irisviel remained silent as she drank her warm tea and gazed at the looming moon. Finally she spoke. "Indeed. Stability for those down south have been precarious as of late, especially with the Guild Lands and Thalon. I'm surprised such issues are being dealt with so late in the game, its quite... unbecoming."

"Your Orveisan is showing darling, do tuck it away."

"Oh yes of course." Irisviel sarcastically replied. "Aren't you more Orveisan than I, Aunt Adona?"

"Well yes but you know how I detest such a culture. I always loathed how your grandfather would bring me those flimsy masks after each visit. Its abhorring how their national past time is a game of politicking and death..."

"Didn't you just come here to do the very same thing?"

"Hush child or I'll follow up on it." Lady Adona quipped, ignoring the fact that she was speaking to her ruler. "Speaking of Orveis, how are our relations with the most serene empire?"

"We haven't spoken to one another after the death of grandfather. I have sent a raven to reestablish such a connection. Regardless of how you feel towards them aunty, with all do respect they are obviously the winning team. Believe it or not that Game of theirs has pervaded many countries and we unfortunately have to play it if we like it or not. Such is life. You must have noticed that in this day in age, neutrality will no longer reap you benefits. You'll only be left behind while the rest of the world carries on."

"How tactfully put, niece of mine, though frightening I must add... And what of our neighbors and those encumbersome Free States?"

"They'll be dealt with, I have a plan. I have sent word to Vaar, The Poeple's Republic, the Northern Clans of Yorgrim, and the High Marches to form trade relations. I have also sent a message of support towards the Guild Lands to assist in anyway. The imperium will notice, I want them to."

"Such bold plans darling, I hope you know what your doing." Adona imparted, sipping her warm brewed tea.

Irisviel, The Supreme Chancillor of Redania, looked at her dear aunt as a smile of confidence gleamed from her demeanor.

"Don't I always?"

8FOKXYv.gif

Third Legion, Besieged at Fortress Dour in the northern Guild Lands

Three weeks since the skirmishes had turned to battles. The spring season brought heavy rains to the Guild Lands, that would at least hamper any invading forces, or those forces with eyes on the Guild Lands. Tens of thousands of soldiers marched in unison together towards the future, their destiny. Surely they would be righteous in their cause, for the defense of their homes, their friends and loved ones was the most righteous cause of all... right? That was what the Anorien Sacellum in Orveis taught, their teachings of the Divines dictated that sacrificing one's self for others was the most honorable death. The most worthy for the attention of the Divines. Telling that to young men in the cities and the countryside got the same response, leaving their lives and joining the Legions to fight for the honor and survival of the Guild Lands. For causes that were 'righteous' and 'honorable'. The aura of mystery and devotion to the state ran deep in the veins of the Guild Lands, loyalty to one's Guild was like to one's own blood. When the Guilds desired your life for their survival you gave it, without question. That was the way the Guilds worked, that was the way the Guild Lands functioned.

Legate Abbadon looked out from her command post inside Fortress Dour, she commanded the Third Legion and watched with horror weeks prior as her men were cut down in an ambush. Fire burned within her heart to avenge the deaths of her men, and have some kind of ability to console the families of those that were lost.
"Tribune Ullrin, order the men to double the watch. Keep an eye out for the relief forces." She said knowing that the Guild Lands would almost certainly be sending at least one other legion to relieve the Third from its besieged position. Legate Abbadon knew that there was a good chance none were actually coming, or they were bogged down elsewhere, however for the sake of her beleaguered men she had to give them the hope, even if she lamented the possibility that none were coming, or that they would arrive too late. Tribune Ullrin saluted before turning to leave. Legate Abbadon went back to preparing plans for various matters, including a revision of the rations since the granary had been destroyed by siege engines three nights prior. Morale was low, the men were tired, some were wounded and others, others never woke when morning came. A sad time for the Third Legion, the Glory of Arithenes, the God of War.

Second Legion, Marching towards Fortress Dour

"Move your arses! The Third is counting on us!" Bellowed Legate de'Voir. He was large man, nearly six foot five, and two-hundred forty pounds of muscle and raw strength. That strength though was nicely complimented by his quick wit and tactical prowess. A man not afraid to take incredible risks but would also weigh the costs of such a thing before committing. Once committed though, he was unwavering and for that he was a clear choice to dispatch to Fortress Dour to relieve the Third Legion under Legate Abbadon. The Legionnaires marched passed in the twin columns of fast order, they were making excellent time and would be within sight of the Fortress by sundown. The scouts had reported that the Fortress while besieged was not surrounded. The southern gate had been left unchecked clearly as an invitation and encouragement for Legate Abbadon to abandon the castle in a retreat if she chose too. Legate de'Voir had boiled with anger when he learned that the Thalonian and Aurdonian forces believed themselves so superior that they taunted the Abbadon that way. Soon, soon revenge would be hand to avenge the deaths of the men of the Third. Soon.

Guild Envoy to the Zhou

Councillor du'Meer looked out the carriage window at the passing scenery as they approached the capital of the Zhou Empire. The faces carved into the stone intrigued her, though little was betrayed by her mask save for what was visible. Only that below the eyes could be seen and her eyes. "Such an intriguing land." She said aloud to herself. She was alone in the carriage but there were two more identical ones behind her with four guardsmen each, along with six horsemen in front and six behind. Security was necessary since war had come to fruition with Thalon. Sending the nation's leading representative of knowledge and scholarly matters was important and sign of friendship for the Guild Lands to the Zhou. A sign that further negotiations may be necessary to ensure what had occurred years prior remained. "I do hope the Zhou enjoy our gifts." She said to herself. Her thick Orveisian accent apparent and marking her as very different from a typical Councillor in the Guild Lands. She was the only Councillor of foreign birth and the only one who held a noble title in a foreign land as well, albeit the title as Marquess of Château Etoiles was completely honorary some sitll saw it as a detraction and conflict of her loyalty to the Guild Lands. None in her guild though questioned her, and High Councillor Ducainne trusted her enough to handle the relations with the Zhou and on the return with the High Kingdom of Perison. Not tasks to be considered light as both held some of the Guild Lands' most lucrative trade areas.

Guild Council Chamber - Deliberations

"In addition to an ambassador from Vaar, we have received word from that Cult that they are sending a representative to speak to us about trade matters." Councillor Rhegan said setting down the papers she had been holding and reading to those other Councillors in attendance. Councillor du'Meer was in the East to meet with the Zhou Emperor and on the return with the government of Persion. The High Councillor was south in Orveis to seal some political deals and to ensure Orveisian support in the trade war with Thalon. Councillor Laurentius had been named the Designate in her stead. He had dispatched Councillor Sephorus to the north to treat with the Imperium in an attempt to stay their joining of the conflict on the side of Thalon and instead simply keep out of the matter. "We also have word that the Kingdom of Redania has sent a raven to express support for our cause, though they leave out whether they will send anything in particular." She added letting out a sigh. This Council wasn't based on war, and the Guild Lands were not founded on war, yet here the Councillors found themselves, at war with another power.

"Thank you Councillor Rhegan." Designate Laurentius said nodding to his counterpart. "A raven also arrived not an hour ago saying that the High Councillor is on her return with the Marquis Darion du'Orveis, cousin to the Imperatrice Emilie du'Orveis and heir to the Orveisian Throne. As well as Field Marshal Saint Claire who will lead the three Orveisian armies that are coming north to our aid." He added. All the Councillors present which were most, happened to average an age of fifty-three, none enjoyed the current state of affairs and the disruption it held on their daily lives. "However due to the nature of those situations we will adjourn for the day." He said banging the gavel as everyone seemed to remain seated, clearly exhausted from the long day of deliberating.

Finally the Councillors filed out, some left on their own, others in discussion with aids or fellow Councillors. Designate Laurentius headed out of the Grand Guild Hall that held the Guild Assembly and the Guild Council, towards his villa in the city. Once there he was greeted by a few of his guards who told him that the Ambassador from Vaar had been brought to his villa for discussions and shown to his study. He nodded, thanking them before walking through his home and to the study. He opened the door and immediately smiled at the person,
"Welcome to my home, and to the Guild Lands." He said calmly. "I trust your journey here was pleasant?" He said questioning this Ambassador. The Desigante made no direct mention as to the whereabouts of the High Councillor and why she wasn't meeting with them in person. Regardless, Laurentius knew this would be an important meeting as Vaar had been a major trade partner of the Guild Lands for some time, but there was room for expansion. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asked before taking a seat across his big oak desk from the Ambassador. A smile on his lips.

MOTUTje.gif

"Mon très cher ami!" Emilie exclaimed upon seeing Seraphine exit her carriage on the steps of the Château du Soleil Doré, Castle of the Gilded Sun. The Imperatrice was wearing a blue dress that had gold and white embroidery. Her mask matched it perfectly and though you could only see from her nose down it expressed enough emotion as is. Her eyes shone through like beautiful orbs of color, framed perfectly by her hair. The Imperial Guards stood nearby their uniforms shone like the sun itself, their halberds turned to the sky in honor of Orveis' closest and best ally. The flags of the castle fluttered in the wind, the breeze sweeping across the city which sat at the end of a bridge into the center of Lake Avantel. The friends embraced as Seraphine looked around and noted that things seemed plenty in order. A handful of courtiers were nearby as well, the Divine Hesperine, she stood in her gown and nodded in respect to Seraphine. The pair had been close at one point when the High Councillor was young and lived in Orveis at court, but since moving to the Guild Lands and becoming a Politician her time to confess and partake in the Anorien Sacellum's rites and rituals was extremely limited. So their interactions had recently been more stately than anything. "It is so lovely to see you darling!" Emilie said taking Seraphine's hand in hers and smiling. "We have much to discuss." She said her tone far more serious as she led her friend into the Castle and through a series of halls until they came to a circular chamber. There were seventeen chairs each like one another. Sixteen of them were already filled with the seventeenth being filled by Emilie. "High Councillor Ducainne, you are here before the Council of Empress to speak on behalf of the Guilds Lands of the conflict with Thalon, what Orveis must do to assist and we need to come to an arrangement about the proposal of your marriage." Emilie said smiling a little before sitting back and letting the others take in everything.

Seraphine stood, overwhelmed by the flurry of events before her. This was typically the job of an envoy. If Emilie, the Imperatrice had brought her closest friend to her capital, before her Privy Council something was amiss.
"Your Grace," She said bowing to the Imperatrice and to the others assembled, one of which was the Divine Hesperine. Two were clearly military Generals, ten almost certainly noblemen or other high ranking Orveisians, the rest were faceless in the fade. Though all wore masks some were not as richly decorate as others, the Divine Hesperine however was the only one present besides Seraphine who did not wear a mask. The only person present she could fully judge the thoughts of without having to take too many chances. "For months, if not longer Thalon has been raiding our shipping lanes and finally it has become too much for the Guilds to consider acceptable losses." She said keeping her voice even though making sure the pressure the Guilds had been subjected to was clear.

"High Chancellor, why are you now taking your nation to war against Thalon and Auridon?" A voice of reason sounded throughout the room. It was low but not hushed, quiet but spoke with depth. The voice belonged to the Divine Hesperine, leader of the Aetherial Divines faith. Well those loyal to the Anorien Sacellum and not that of the Imperial Sacellum also known as the Cesperidian Sacellum.

Seraphine turned to the Divine and spoke evenly,
"Our people were clamoring for action, for the safety of not only our goods coming from and going to the East, but also for the safe passage to our city of Amaranthia on the shores of the Emerald Sea." She said. Too many lives were lost before the Guild Council actually supported the idea of intervention. It had been far too long since the issues had arisen and the refusal by Thalon to come to some kind of arrangement to avoid war. It was clear that Thalon under Thyne Aeris were hellbent on curbing Guild influence in the East and limiting its ability to traverse the River Ascalon. "Enough was enough so we sought diplomacy, Thyne Aeris, ruler of the Thalassocracy refused to send envoys and sent our back in coffins. Words no longer were viable for us," She said sounding bitter that her former friend questioned her intentions. Though it soon faded as others seemed to nod in response. Orveis was not a saintly country, politicking was not just common but necessary to the nobility to protect their power, their wealth and even their very livelihoods lest they fall to an upstart house.

"I see, so naturally with Orveis at your back, along with your vassal states, the Guild Lands decided action over words." Divine Hesperine had lost the chiding tone and replaced it with one that was clearly attempting to win over dissenters on the Privy Council of her Imperial Majesty. So that is what this is? Seraphine thought to herself. She needed me to come to gain the necessary support. That meant the situation in the Most Serene Empire of Orveis was more strained than normal. The Imperatrice or Empreurer in the past could command their armies at will, but clearly now Orveis' sovereigns needed some kind of actual support to do so without garnering the unnecessary ire of their landed elitists.

"Yes your Imminence." Seraphine said holding her head a bit higher knowing that this was not some serious matter that could have turned the world upside down. Her friend wanted help to placate her nobles, and to see her. Things could easily have been worse.

"High Councillor. This Council has decided in favor of honoring our treaty with the Guild Lands and as we speak three of our armies under a unified command structure." Emilie said motioning to one of the men near her. He was grey bearded and wore a military uniform with many medals and other distinctions adorning it. "Field Marshal Saint Claire will be leading our armies in this war against Thalon." She said as the man stood and bowed to the Imperatrice before saluting Seraphine, he then took his seat once again.

"Now that the matter of the war is dealt with, we must discuss the marriage arrangement that was agreed upon seven years ago." Another nobleman said. Seraphine winced at the frankness of the matter. She faded from reality for a bit thinking of the arrangement if you could even say it was that civil. The Guild Lands had been on the cusp of a Civil War, and war with the Vassal State of Calix. To secure the alliance with Orveis to quell the opposition, then Councillor Seraphine Ducainne of the Guild of Judgement went to Orveis to the court of her oldest friend. There they struck a very hard bargain for a return to tranquility, though it came with a high price. Seraphine would wed the cousin of Emilie du'Orveis, the Marquis Darion du'Orveis. He was four years younger than Seraphine and Emilie and while also unwed he was one of the most eligible bachelors in all of Orveis if not the southern regi-. "High Chancellor?" The Nobleman said calling Seraphine out of her memories.

"Yes." She said stumbling a little in her speech. "I apologize. I remember our terms and still hold them fast." She said much to a collective sigh of relief from the Privy Council's members. A smile on Emilie's lips and that of the Divine Hesperine. "The wedding will take place at the conclusion of this Thalon conflict. the Château Sanguine in the Guild Lands will host the wedding and feast." She said pausing a bit before looking at the Imperatrice. "Your Majesty, I must beg my leave of Orveis, I do have a war to conduct." Seraphine said not wanting to linger since the Guilds would need their leader sooner than later.

"Understandable your grace," Emilie said raising her hand though. "My cousin the Marquis will accompany you." She said not asking but rather telling Seraphine that it would be necessary to do so. The past three years had proved to be challenging to say the least. The Marquis Darion du'Orveis had been ousted as a gentleman that enjoyed the company of those of the same sex, while in Orveis and indeed in most of the Southern Regions that was considered acceptable, he was as of now the heir to the Celestial Throne of Orveis, at least until Emilie had a child. This meant that Seraphine would consequently be in line to the throne of Orveis through marriage, and thus any children they had would as well. If they had children. "He is waiting for you in your carriage. Safe journeys and may the Divines watch over us all." She said nodding as Seraphine left the room.

After Seraphine left, the Privy Council remained and discussed Orveis' war effort, potential intervention from the Imperium, their unwavering support for the Guild Lands and the High Chancellor. Then came the conflict in Rivana, issues with import prices from the Free Cities and the growing concern of the Sacellarium with the Cult of Nazakal. That's when the message from Vaar came. The Council ruled that it would be beneficial for further negotiations to take place thus the diplomat en route would be welcomed by the Imperatrice to discuss matters of importance to both nations.

ZaegAm0.gif

"We must aid Thalon!" The voice of Senator Tullian sounded throughout the chamber. Voices raised up to agree while others shouted against his idea. He put both hands up to quiet the other Senators before looking at the Consul and then the Imperator. "Thalon is the victim of Orveisian treachery. Without the support of Orveis the Guild Lands would not win this fight nor would they have even entered it!" He said again causing the Senate to erupt into chaos. Treachery! One person called out. War! Another called, it seemed to only further whip the Senators of the opposition into a frenzy as well as the ruling parties.

Marcus Rhael, Fourth of His Name and Imperator of the Imperium stood. He raised a single hand and the room fell deftly quiet.
"Most esteemed Senators," He said offering up some kind of humility. The man was only nineteen and the youngest of the New Imperium's Imperators. Sure the Old Imperium had had some younger than him, but the New Imperium had never had any Imperator save for the founding man himself, to take the throne at an age younger than twenty.Some in the Imperium doubted this young man's resolve, his prowess and his qualification for the job other than his bloodline. House Rhael was a shadow of its former self, barely large enough to sustain itself with heirs. Marcus was still unwed and was in dire need of a direct heir, especially considering that his sister, who was a year younger was pregnant. Some whispered it to be a boy, one who would have a potential claim to the throne, the throne that Marcus had only come into through the assassination of his grandfather and the untimely death of his father two years prior. The regency led by his mother had ended upon his eighteenth birthday, the Imperatrix Reina had been gentle and just, the military had hated her brief rule but the people loved her and so did Marcus. She was his closest adviser, but one that unfortunately wouldn't be able to stop the calls to war for too much longer. "I will convene a meeting with the Thalonian Ambassador, another meeting with the Legates, then finally I will convene the Imperistarium to discuss this matter at length. The war has only just begun, there will be plenty of opportunity for blood and valor." He said to thunderous applause. Taking the applause as a sign, Marcus signaled to the guard that he would be departing. The Senators rose to their feet as he left, out of respect and then he was gone, off to meet with various individuals to consult the situations at hand.

Once the Imperator had departed, many of the Senators remained to deliberate other matters, those that had escaped the Imperator's immediate notice and other more mundane matters. Including the aligning of the Kingdom of Redania with rivals and enemies of the Imperium, though the Senate did not come to a decision it did decide to send Prince Atlas to treat with the Supreme Chancellor if she would allow him to. He would speak on behalf of the Imperium and was a potential candidate to replace the former Ambassador to Redania who had met with an...
untimely end. He would be leaving at once aboard a ship with crimson sails bearing the golden sunburst of the Imperium.

M6vwnB8.gif

Situation in Anteris

After receiving the missive from the People's Republic, the Antarian government rallied behind itself, accepting to kneel to a foreign power. However the rebels then sought outside assistance by sending an Ambassador to the Kingdom of Vaar requesting military assistance against the government in return for tariff free goods, most notably Anteris' silver and lead. While they would be awaiting for the response from Vaar they had also been able to secure assistance from a number of other surrounding nations as well as a large loan from the Ivory Bank of Rivaire. In truth the situation had been precipitated by agitation along the border with the People's Republic and the government had accused said nation of subverting the rule of the King of Anteris, his untimely death and the succession of a non-blooded member to the Sovereign's title had left a large amount of the nobility disenfranchised as well as the former heir apparent. This and some dissent in the military led to the formation of the rebel movement that now attempted to retake the government which they rightfully believed to be theirs. Claiming the current regime was installed by a foreign power. Currently the situation seemed as if it would be spinning out of control lest a larger nation stepped in by the way of military might to back one side over the other.

Selanar

The Ambassadors arrived with great pomp and circumstance especially those that were of noble birth, but out of all the most significant happened to be the surprise appearance of the Princess Tai of the Ryzhai Empire on behalf of her mother the Dowager Empress Midori of Clan Uragiri. The young princess of only twenty arrived with a small compliment of no more than two dozen guards, clearly to arouse minor suspicion on the trip. Banners were unfolded and they marched into the city with their heads held high, and in the hopes of the Sovereign of Selanar agreeing to treat with them as if they were another of the delegations.

--- Side Notes ---

@NorbertM you emissary has been received in the Guild Lands by Councillor Designate Laurentius.

-Your ambassador has yet to arrive you may say they have in your next post though.

-Your government has been officially requested to aid the rebels in Anteris against their government. The rebels are noblemen and the former King's son. By all accounts that Prince has every right to that throne. Your choice here will heavily set the tone you give off as a nation.

@Nateorious The High Marches will accept your proposal on the condition that you not with the Clans of Yorgrim due to the High Marches desires to unify the North. The High Marches has several mountain chains that hold precious metals such as gold and silver, precious stones, lead, sulfur, and tons upon tons of high quality iron. However be careful due to their proximity to the Imperium, if you continue to grow hostile towards them they could nick that trade more easily than that with Yorgrim.

-On another note, The Guild Lands views your missive as a pleasant gesture.

-The Imperium has certainly taken into consideration what your nation is doing and has dispatched Prince Atlas the third in line for the throne of the Imperium to treat with your Supreme Chancellor and possibly be named as their permanent envoy to your nation.

For those interested, the Ryzhai-Kithara issue has blown up into a war, by the point that this post is taking place Ryzhai has suffered a couple defeats and has lost a small swath of their southern border with Kithara in the war. Both sides are still calling up their armies and that will take some time to complete. Their vassals are wavering and unsure of whether or not loyalty to their overlords will save them or condemn them to destruction. Tense, very tense.

I apologize for anything or anyone that felt this post left something out or was lacking in some areas. Honestly this is not a post I am proud of, and will strive for better in the future because you all deserve on the best! If you would like something elaborated on but wasn't done so in this post, or have questions about anything in this post just PM me!

:Pronunciation Index:

Abbadon (Ab-uh-dawn)

Ullrin (Ool-rhin)

de'Voir (de-vwar)

Rhegan (Ray-ghen)

Sephorus (Seff-or-us)

Château Etoiles (Sha-toe It-twa-la)

Darion (Dare-ee-on)

Imperatrice (Em-pair-ah-triss)

Château du Soleil Doré (Sha-toe do So-leel Duor-ree)

Avatel (Ah-vah-tell)

Hesperine (Hess-per-een)

Cesperidian (Sess-purr-id-dee-an_

Thyne Aeris (Tine Air-iss)

Rhael (Ray-el)

Reina (Ray-nuh)

Imperistarium (Em-pair-ri-star-ee-um)

***Please let me know if the pronunciation index helps at all or not. If not I would prefer to know!​

The Clans of Yorgrim

Freyr

Freyr and Rainer Siguard relaxed and chatted among the many other well respected warriors of Osgrad. In the Osgrad Guildhouse, the fires from braziers burned brightly against the walls, artwork depicting glorious events lined them. Valkyries and Drengr of high honor sat at long tables, regaling each other of their tales with their mouths full of food and drink. Merriment and hospitality ran abundant in this his home, it brought a smile to Freyr's face. Rainer sat beside him at a table overlooking the others, his usually stoic expression replaced with one of pleasantry. "My old friend, there are days I question how we rose to our honorable rank." Rainer raised his drinking horn to his lips, his long black hair fell back as he tipped his head back. Freyr scratched his facial hair, laughing heartily at the sight of his good friend. "Rainer, that question comes to me every time my name is called out in praise." Rainer wiped the drink from his lip, grinning at his good friend. His remarkable resistance to the dizzying effects of alcohol still managed to surprise Freyr. "We are truly worthy of our position. By our strength, smarts, and love for Yorgrim and her people did we make it as far as we did. And here we are, guiding a people The Glorious One would be proud to call his people." Rainer took another swig from his horn, his arm around Freyr's shoulder.

"The Glorious one
is proud of us. We are in a true age of glory." Runa Tyr approached them, a eased smile on her face. She slipped her ax out of it's sling and dropped it on the table with a thud, making Rainer jump and slosh a small portion of his drink on his tunic. "Daughter of Tyr, you must remember to warn a man deep in his cups before surprising him." Rainer slammed his drink down, only to spill more of it out onto the table. "Apologies, Asger. Hilmer it is good to see you well." She sat next to Freyr undoing her braid, allowing her chocolate brown hair to fall freely across her shoulder. "Runa, you may be the Raoul, but there is no need for formality among friends," Freyr laughed, "It is good to see you well all the same." Runa's smile wavered slightly. She shifted to face her accomplices, her posture noticeably tensing. "I bring news from the Kingdom of Redania. We received word requesting the discussion of possible trade relations. With war breaking out in the east, I thought it wise to bring this to your attention as soon as possible." Freyr listened intently, taking a sip of his drink. Unlike Runa, he never favored politics. It always seemed to messy an endeavor to put much of his personal effort into. Though Runa was correct in her belief that this was a serious matter. He glanced at Rainer, who's expression returned to it's unreadable stoic form. Freyr sighed, "I expect you would want me to consider their request?" Runa shifted nervously. "I would suggest sending them word we would consider their proposal. I would have them send an envoy to discuss..."

"Then it is settled. I have never doubted your judgement before. I will prepare for travel to Redania, along with Ragnvaldr.
Runa and Rainer exchanged confused looks. Runa raised an eyebrow at his sudden acceptance of her suggestion. "Freyr, why do you so hastily jump to head for Redania? Did Runa not mention their sending of an envoy?" Freyr closed his eyes and leaned his head back. "If this matter is truly as important as Runa describes to me, then I would respect them and respond in person on their soil." Runa stood quickly, grabbing the attention of a few Drengr, who shrugged and returned to their merriment. "Hilmer, I would advise against this course of action. Might I remind you there is battle going on within a stone's throw of their territory? Let them send the envoy or send Azazel. Freyr, let us stay safe and at peace!" He raised his hand to quiet her. Freyr detected a hint of worry in her usually level headed voice. Rainer retained his unreadable emotions, his eyes boring into Freyr as if he were trying to understand how Freyr ticked. Freyr stood and stretched, trying to keep his demeanor as calm as possible. Freyr turned to Runa and pushed her hair out of her eyes. He put his hands on her shoulders and smiled reassuringly. "Rena, I told you to be less formal before your good friends." Freyr arched his head to Rainer, hands still placed gently on Rena's shoulders, "Rainer, send word ahead of me to Redania I will come with my own envoy soon to discuss the matter, as well as secure a longboat for us. Rena, would you fetch your brother, Ragnvaldr and tell him to meet with me. We have much to discuss before our journey." The two nodded, their expressions dumbstruck. Freyr turned and headed for the doors of the guildhall. Thoughts raced though his mind. He hoped he hadn't just pulled Yorgrim into a war it's people had nothing to do with. One thing was for certain. The road ahead would truly test his resolve for his beloved homeland.

The Cult of Nazakal

The beautiful maiden known as Ellesia stood at the docks in a maroon silk dress. Her beauty both did not fit the dark scenery and yet it fit perfectly. Her black hair swayed in the wind as she approached a man who seemed 7 feet tall and in a thick suit of armor. "Have a grand time in the cold, Mot," she mocked. The man now identified as Mot joked with her as well, "You're leaving the comfort of the mist as well." "True, but I'm going to more civilized lands." "That seems offensive to who could possible be future allies, but it is true I will spend much of my time in the wilds." Mot laughed in the form of a chuckle like his mouth was bound in how far it could open. Ellesia looked at the ship she would be going on. It was a fairly large ship made of dark wood, the branches still could be seen giving it a very gnarled look to the ship. Despite the strange shape it could clearly sail quite fine and its four large black mast beckoned to the wind The center mast had a white emblem of Nazakal painted on it. Aboard the ship was ten sailors in a black and gold uniform, clearly experienced naval officers who had scene combat a couple time. Their captain was a large man who had part of his face scarred beyond recognition. Five knights were also aboard in dark armor that looked rather simple despite each being unique. Ellesia stepped aboard the ship and as The Charon set sail. A number of peasant waved out to the lady and she blew a kiss towards them.

Mot Stepped aboard a larger ship that while appearing gnarled had metal plating keeping it in shape. It had twenty men with oars to sail when need be and five sails. The sailors didn't look as extravagant but nor was the mission, The captain was a small man smoking a cigar sitting with his legs up on the wheel. Twelve soldiers in thick armor, each different, stood at the ready for their general. Mot raised his great axe in one hand and yelled "For Nazakal!" The men repeated the shout and they set sail to the north.

(Fun fact Mot is the Phoenician god of death.)

(Fun fact Charon is the boat that brought people across the river Styx)​

THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC

A few days have passed and the festival was a success, the people enjoyed the Circus Maximum race and the sword fighting gladiators in the arenas. Senator Galio had sent a Hawk to Anteris's king and was happy to see the government accept his terms, however news of the king being killed and the nobles and people fighting amongst themselves for control even tho the republic had full authority of the nation was furious to Galio. Galio afterwards sent a diplomat to the Kingdom of Vaar to ask for a alliance which he believed he would have an answer in several weeks or a month. Now the Consuls and Galio discuss of a battle plan of defeating the uprising rebels and nobles who claim for the throne of Anteris. Augustus however already had formed a plan and has called upon the champion of the Race and gladiator games to the War room.

"We have four cohorts that are fully operational and ready near the Anteris Borderlines, each cohort has 24,000 disciplined and trained soldiers. We've had reports of small skirmishes and so far have sustained no deaths but have sustained wounded. Our Cohort I however are still in need of a new centurion leader to take command of them.... And I'm guessing this man here is the new centurian?" The Consuls and Galio turn to look at the champion who had just been granted not only citizenship and freedom from slavery but also the oppurtunity to take command. Teriq looks at Augustus with an annoyed face and pointed at the newcomer, "You are putting your best cohort under the command of person who was orignally a gladiator and had just won his freedom!?" Augustus does nothing but yawn at Teriq, "This man has shown many skills and has fought in the Arena for fifteen years with no losses.He is undefeated and has shown some leadership in team battles, plus he knows how to handle a horse and chariot. So I say why not give him a shot, besides the Centurian of the Cohort I has retired at age sixty nine and I'm not going to wait for some man who has no combat skill to lead my cohort." Labatos, the new appointed Centurion stood quite tall in his early thirtys and black short hair. He watched and listened to the three question and answer about his capabilitys of skill and leadership, he approaches the three and watches as the consul and senator turn to his attention. "I understand that you consul teriq see me unfit, but if you give me the honor of slaying the republic enemys...I will promise you glory and respect from the neighboring nations and Anteris." Teriq croses his arms and inspects Labatos and he was somewhat impressed, tho the man had shown many scars to prove his durability and his masculine body made him look like a starken trained soldier. However he was still worried about how he could handle such a large cohort of 24,000 men. "Very well I suppose we could allow him to lead and show us his results...However if he fails to crush the enemy rebels and nobles who defy our rule, and lose 1/3 of his army then he shall be stripped of his command and sent back to being a slave." Labotos, Galio, and Augustus were shocked at his respones, "My Consul surely you don't mean that, if you send him back to being a slave the populace will be angered. Especially the other slaves if they hear about this." Augustus glares at teriq and then to Labatos, "Labatos you do not have to accept my offer, now that I think about it. This was a foolish offer, maybe gold or land shall satisfiy you?"

Labatos was furious and kneeled down to the three with his head down, "Please Consuls and senator I wish to take this task. If I fail then so be it, but let me prove my worth to the republic." Teriq was amused of Labatos commitment to proving himself, he gestured the man to rise. "If you are so committed to this then you shall start your campaign immediatly." He gestures to two Praetorian guards who had been stationed near the door, march towards Labatos left and right. "Take him to the Armory and send word to the Cohort I that there new assigned Centurion shall arrive in a matter of days." he looks at Labatos one last time with a stern face, "Do not fail us." with that said, Labatos bows and walks alongside the guards to the barracks to receive his Armor and rank. Galio looked quite nervous at all this, "Do you really have that much faith on that man, he just received his freedom." Augustus looks at Galio with a smile, "A man who has lived in a cage with nothing but his skill and sword, would have a hard time living a life of peace. If we give the man a chance to fight alongside men a learn from them, then he might learn and exploit his strength of leadership. We don't have many skilled commanders now a days." he rubs his chin and then glances back on the world map and points to the land of Anteris, "to test his skills we shall have our first battle on the plains of Gisto. His cohort should have enough flexibility to maximize there full potential, but for now we shall allow Labatos to adjust to his position for a couple of days before he heads out. If the doesn't take the bait then we will form a fort in the plains and work from there."

The High Kingdom of Perison

The sun shined bright and the heat could be seen shimmering off the sands of the floor of the Grand Bothidian Arena as the gentle hum of voices was heard throughout the seats of the spectators. A large crowd had gathered in the arena, which was the largest in the kingdom, to celebrate the eighteenth birthday of High Prince Bomen. The event would include hours of fights followed by a grand feast in the Bothidian Keep at the end of the day. As people were still entering the seats located around the large, oval-shaped arena, the king entered with his son and took his seat on a throne sheltered from the sun with a large, decorated awning. The throne had been built close to the floor of the arena to ensure the High King one of the best views of the fighting. His son took a seat on the throne built adjacent to the King's, which was normally supposed to be the Queen's seat. Muros had no queen, she had died in a storm sailing back from one of the islands she had family on, so he allowed his son to use the seat instead. Nobles from all over the kingdom were arriving, taking their seats on the row of seats to either side of the large box the throne was in. Most wore the traditional clothes of a nobleman, however the nobles that had pledged their allegiance to the Virtid Pretender years before arrived wearing purple and blue armor to show their difference from the nobles loyal to the 'false' king. As they took their seats the King stood and approached them, greeted by the kind of look you would give a peasant or slave who got in your way, "Nobles. I am glad you were able to come." Muros said with a chilly tone. He skimmed over the nobles as they nodded and grunted before continuing, "I do not see Kyrex or any of the other nobles from his isle. Why is that?" The nobles looked at one another before answering, "He does not trust you, so he refused to come. The others followed in his footsteps." "Very well." As he walked back to his seat the nobles he passed bowed their heads. For the rest of the fights the Virtid Nobles cheered and booed just like any of the spectators.

Although the tournament lasted for a few hours it seemed to go by in a flash. Soon the four victors were standing before the King, men both short and tall had claimed the title of a 'Champion of Blood'. The king stood and shouted to the men, "I congratulate you on your many victories today. As a prize you will all be given a large sum of gold and a lordship." All over the arena gasps and sounds of confusion could be heard. The Nobles looked among each other, trying to figure out if any of the other nobles had been demoted or died without an heir. Muros turned to the captain of the guard, who had been standing at one of the doors to the arena, and nodded at him. The Captain turned around and barked a few orders, and a line of guards appeared the doors and marched toward the line of nobles. They grabbed the Virtid Nobles, who were obviously shocked, and pulled them out of their seats and towards the edge of the arena. Some of the nobles tried to fight the guards, but were punched and all were thrown into the arena, "Good people of Perison, we will now host a special event. These nobles must fight to the death, the one who survives will be given life and a... reward." He took a breath of air before shouting, "THE BLOOD OF NOBLES FOR MORIS, AND THE SOULS OF TRAITORS FOR HALDEX!" The people chanted his words in unison while the guards threw swords and spears into the arena on the other side. The Nobles quickly broke into a run, and grabbed the weapons as quick as they could. One tried to throw a spear at the king, but the distance was too great and the spear fell short. The men drew each others' blood to the cheers of the public. By the time the skirmish was finished the bodies of all of the noblemen but one were strewn throughout the arena. The survivor approached the side of the arena the king was on, bloodied and exhausted, he fell to his knees. The king stood before speaking, "Congratulations, Letar. The reward you have so greatly earned is to serve the rest of your life as a slave along side your precious pretender." A look of panic fell across the man's face as guards entered the arena to carry him away. As they pulled him up he elbowed one guard just below the chest plate and punched another in the face. A third guard hit him in the back of his head with the butt of his spear, and the three dragged him out of the arena. Muros turned and exited the arena to the cheers of his citizens. When he exited the arena and entered the streets of the grand city he was joined by his High General, "Is there any more that needs to be done?" "As soon as your men are raised I want you to drag Kyrex out of his hole." "Will he become a slave as well?" "No. If he does not die in battle then I want him executed, along with any of the noblemen that support him." Ballod bowed, "It will be done, Your Majesty." The King walked to the nearby stables and mounted his horse, his son close behind him. As his son trotted beside him he turned and smiled, "I hope you've enjoyed my gift."

(The post is great, @Maven! No worries.)

The Union of Selanar

"My Lord, the delegates are here! The delegates are here!" A youthful voice sounded through King Michael's door, accompanied by vigorous knocking. "Thank you," Michael lazily answered the young boy, who promptly fled the king's doorway. Michael sighed, steeling himself before he got up from the chair by his desk, and walked exited his quarters. This was an important event. He had to make sure Selanar would reap as many benefits as possible from these exchanges, particularly in terms of relations. His plans didn't stop there, however. The spot Selanar was in demanded grander goals and plans. He had to give the powers of Ryzhai and Kithara incentive to negotiate with him. The king had confidence in his abilities to get what he wanted from them once they had their incentive. He wanted riches, and land, in the name of Selanar. If Selanar could gain more influence in the world, then it would also be able to maintain peace around itself. He didn't like the idea of war, but to him, it seemed necessary if he wanted to prevent future conflict from superpowers like Ryzhai or Kithara in the future.

Michael traversed through the halls of his castle, moving towards the main hall, which would be where the summit was to be held. Along the way, he was addressed from behind by his Head of Foreign Affairs, Paul. The aged man approached him with a brisk walk before settling to Michael's pace beside him. Paul spoke in between breaths, "My Lord, there you are! I've been looking all over for you. Something unexpected has come up." This drew the king's full attention. Michael's eyes turned to face the man walking beside him as he continued, "Princess Tai of the Ryzhai Empire has arrived without invitation, along with some guards."

Michael stopped walking. His head immediately began to fill with questions. Why did Ryzhai send someone here? A Princess, too. What were their intentions? What did this mean? The young man faced crushing uncertainty, but took a deep breath to calm himself down. No, this wasn't as bad as it seemed. He'd wanted a chance to negotiate with Ryzhai and Kithara. Maybe not at this time, but perhaps an early discussion with Princess Tai could mean a preemptive leap in his plans. Paul's eyes fell upon his king's, "My Lord?" Michael made a run for the main hall, uncharacteristic of a king, but he was not one to follow rules or expectations so strictly. Paul watched the retreating figure of the young man curiously before following.

The bodies of Samuel Ne'ermore, and some guards, turned to Michael as he entered the main hall. Michael hurried over to a window and gazed out. Indeed, the banners of Ryzhai accompanied a band of men following their princess, making their way towards the castle. The ambassadors from the nations of Hanzo, Kagenoku, Akaichi, and Dai'yu were also approaching the castle. The guards of Ryzhai were a concern. Perhaps they were just there for security, but just in case, Michael turned to one of his guards, instructing him to send for more guards if necessary. Samuel questioned Michael from across the room, "Are you ready, My Lord?"

Michael stood by the window, staring outside for a second as he gathered himself. He had to be in the moment. Handle any developments as they came. One thing that would endanger Selanar and its people would be if Michael overthought and worried too much. Sighing, he slowly turned and made his way over to the table in the centre of the room, taking his seat in the chair that overlooked the hall and its main entrance. He nodded, "Yes, Samuel."

The Clans of Yorgrim

Runa

Runa leaned on the balcony of the guild hall, her gaze trained on the out-going longboats. It was a sight to behold. The fires from the braziers light up the roads in the warm night air, as late-night merrymakers perused the various inns. The stillness of the water disturbed my little more than the rocking of ships was almost hypnotic. Despite the breathtaking view of Osgrad, she couldn't help but worry about Freyr. For being the wisest in all of Yorgrim, it seemed like he overlooked too many details. Still she never doubted him before. "Freyr knows what he's doing." Runa reassured herself, though she wasn't sure she completely believed it. Freyr and her brother Ragnvaldr were to leave tomorrow for Redania. Runa had asked Freyr to come in place of Ragnvaldr multiple times, only to be told Ragnvaldr was to come with him. "I need you here, Runa. What would Yorgrim do if her brightest left and the men ran out of drink?" He had joked. Freyr had meant to lighten the mood, but it only brought more questions to the forefront of her mind. Why he would take Ragnvaldr over the herself for such an important task, insisting she stayed in Osgrad? And did he really worry about our mead storage at a time like this? Thinking about it only created more headaches for the Raoul.

"You asked to see me Runa?"
Runa jumped at the sound of his voice. Rainer had a way of appearing silently out of nowhere. "Yes I did. Have you sent word to Redania about Freyr's coming?" Rainer rolled his eyes. "Yes, I sent a raven containing the details of his visit. They should be notified of his arrival before long." Rainer leaned against the balcony next to her, his muscled arms barely fit on the wooden railing. He glanced at her, his icy eyes calculating her thoughts, reading her like mind the pages of a book. She envied his skill with such matters. "You shouldn't fret over this. Freyr wouldn't go himself unless he thought it necessary." If Rainer was worrying, he was good at keeping it hidden. She knew he was right. Freyr wasn't one to act impulsively. The Hilmer of Yorgrim was the greatest of them all. But to do something so suddenly seemed unlike him in too many ways. "Are the warriors you prepared for their journey ready? We can't take chances right now." He simply rolled his eyes, He pushed his hair back and sighed. "I've taken every possible precaution, though he asked for few men to go with him. Didn't want to attract to much attention I suppose." Runa shifted uncomfortably. She didn't approve of this in the slightest. It seemed irrational, rushed, and very unlike Freyr. Rainer put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Rainer's demeanor remained in check, another skill of his she envied. "Remember, he put us in charge while he was gone. We can't lose our heads over this. They'll be fine." "I do hope you are right, my dear old friend." Rainer gave her a encouraging pat on the back and turned to return to his duties, leaving Runa alone with her thoughts. "Not one for lengthy chats, eh Rainer?" She received no response as the guild hall doors creaked shut. Runa rested her head in her arms. "Long live Yorgrim," Runa mumbled, "and Glorious One watch over these idiotic men."

Freyr

Freyr laid on top one of the stone railways near the ports, staring up at the open night sky. He picked out constellations of the Northern Gods and other celestial bodies, formations his ancestors believed must have had some purpose besides location. His sight rested on the large mass of stars barely resembling a male stick-figure. 'The Glorious One.' The man he and all of Yorgrim aspired to be like. Freyr wondered if it were truly possible to ascent so far as divinity. If he ever managed it, his first order of business would be to make his constellation actually look like himself. A warm breeze of salty sea air passed over him. Freyr closed his eyes and sighed with relief. He was glad Yorgrim was his home. It was impossible for him to imagine anywhere else that was as beautiful as his homeland. "You have the look of a thoughtful man deep in his cups, yet I see no drink to your grasp, Freyr Einar." Freyr opened his eyes to Ragnvaldr, his arms crossed over his burly chest. The flames of the braziers cast his shadow over him like a blanket that brought no warmth. Freyr sat up and perched himself on the stonework facing Ragnvaldr. "I sometimes wish I was less thoughtful and drinking to my heart's content."

Ragnvaldr, for being such a large, well-built man, had a strange manner to him. One of intelligence and guileful intent, much like Rainer but with much more diplomatic presence. Freyr figured that had Ragnvaldr been born a child of another land, he would have made out to be a manipulative
noble. To Freyr relief, his loyalties rested with Yorgrim and her people. "Come Hilmer, you'll need your rest for journey ahead of us. Preferably in a bed and not in the ports like peasantry." Freyr furrowed his brow. There were no people of minority in Yorgrim. All were treated as equals, or so he believed. It almost made it seem like his position as Hilmer was a figment of the imagination of Yorgrim's people. Freyr quickly regained his persona, knowing the calculating mind of Ragnvaldr. "Oh very well, brother to the Raoul. I suppose rest is in order." Ragnvaldr raised an eyebrow at his acceptance of sleeping. Usually Freyr would have dismissed such an idea, saying he would be fine without it. There was simply too much on his mind for him to make a respectable argument. Thankfully Ragnvaldr seemed to dismiss the matter. "I shall meet you here come the break of dawn. We'll have a long journey ahead of us." "Until then my friend." Freyr jokingly bowed as he heard nobles did to one another out of respect in other lands. He spun on his heels and began walking to his home. Ragnvaldr was right. The journey was going to be quite lengthy, but more importantly, Freyr was ready for a hearty sleep.

"Denounce your attempt of relation at once with the clans of Yorgrim, Chancellor!" A booming voice echoed from the great halls of power. "...What can they offer that the High Marches can not!?" He continued. The senate hall of the Kingdom of Redania was now in session. All twenty-seven delegates broke out into whispers as tensions began to rise within the sanctity of the senate floor. "Stability, Senator." A dissenting voice replied with equal force. "If we continue to form hostilities with the Imperium, they soon will take action. How long will they remain silent as their neighbors fall one by one to the hands of Orveis and Guild Lands?" Hushed whispers again erupted as the dissenting voice struck reason within those who called for hostility. "We might as well count ourselves amongst them Cassandra. We need them." Retorted Senator Rodrick. "They monopolize the east and from what I heard, nearly all the nations there suckle at the heels of the Guild Lands." He continued. "And yet we should? We are a trade nation as well Rodrick. We should know such a relation with them will someday turn sour for both our ends. It is high time we search for better means. Maybe the great power to the west will have the answers we need." Another wave of voices cycled through the floor as it rose with each second of the moment. "Order, Order!" The Supreme Chancellor of Redanina chastised as it too echoed off the walls. She then turned to face her old childhood friend. "What are you suggesting Cassandra, ally with the Imperium?" She questioned with a bemused expression. "Exactly as that my lady." Murmurs rose again with greater numbers. "Listen to reason my brothers and sisters. Orveis will not bat an eye to a nation that does not interest them, nor will the Guild Lands who see no monetary value in our current standing. Although they will reconsider once we form relations with the High Marches, how will they react if say the Imperium retaliates by harassment? They will not send aid. They are fighting a war of their own! Open your eyes senators, our navy is no where near the might of the empire's, if they harass our trade route, there will be no way for us to launch a suitable counterattack. No force can match them in this region as of present. Therefore I propose sensibility; ally with the nearest power next to us, the Imperium." The crowd this time both applauded and chided as the senate floor erupted into a frenzy. "Ludicrous!" one chanted. "She's right!" the other. "Do you not hear yourself Cassandra!?" Another senator voiced, different from the first. This time it was senator Aoife of Alfheim. "If we do such a thing we'll cut our ties not only with the High Marches but our neighbors to the East, the Guild Lands, and possibly everywhere else. You propose sensibility and yet you offer none."

"
Order!" Irisviel bellowed, silencing the debate. "Must I remind you all this is a delegation for possible trade routes, not a declaration of war." She looked at both sides, discerning the problem at hand. She sighed then continued, "Due to the lateness of the hour and the seriousness of the motion, we shall take these matters at the next congregation. Until then, the senate is adjourned." One by one the senators of the provinces of Redania slowly exited to the elaborate hall, each murmuring to their own at what action to follow. Both Senator Rodrick and Senator Cassandra made their way towards the Supreme Chancellor, hoping to impart their own sense into the mess. As the women clad in white exited as well into the main halls, the unlikely pair followed.

"
Chancellor, I don't see any monetary value if we align ourselves with the Imperium. What can they offer? Stability is not likely-" He cut off, eyeing his opposition to the left of the Chancellor. "-, our neighbors will look unkindly on us, especially the ones in the south." As they both predicted, Cassandra chimed in. "Ok fine. Why does it have to be an alliance then? Why does everybody throw such words as if its the appropriate thing to do, even myself? We'll simply have to find trade goods elsewhere within the north if you don't like that idea so much. Surely we can avoid hostilities whilst finding value?"

"
And where will that come from senator? pray do tell."

"
Madam Chancellor!" A secretary called from behind as he approached the three with haste. "A message from the Clans of Yorgrim. They are sending an envoy to Redania-"

"
I thought it was us who would send the envoy?" Senator Rodrick interrupted.

"
I know that curtesy is not your bailiwick Rodrick but please let the man finish." Cassandra quipped, earning a scowl from the Senator and a gentle laugh from the Chancellor.

"
Y-yyes. The envoy, he's umm.."

"
Out with it already." Rodrick interrupted again.

"
-they are sending the Hilmer himself, Freyr Einar."

"
What!? Why?" Senator Rodrick interrupted for the third time.

"
To answer your question personally Senator. Don't look so surprised, your declaration of opposition was heard throughout Viridium." Cassandra jested. She looked at the man who seemed to be repressing another statement. "There's more isn't there?"

"
Yes madam Senator. We've heard news that the Imperium are sending an envoy as well, a prince at that."

The two senators widened with both a bemused and anxious expression. They looked behind to see the Chancellor's reaction who was unexpectedly smiling. "
Senators, please excuse me, I have important matters to attend to." And with that she left but with an unknown aura surrounding her.

"
She is young and naive. Hopefully we don't fall due to her actions..." Rodrick turned and headed for the main hall whispering words to himself. Cassandra continued to stare with a perturbed countenance and then finally turned around to follow Rodrick.

"
Prepare the room Giles, and make sure no one has the ability to listen in on the conversation the prince and I will have. When the Hilmer and the prince arrive, I want you to welcome them both warmly. Find them the best rooms the capitol has to offer. The prince will arrive first most likely, come and get me when he does, for I shall accompany him to the room myself, and make sure we are not followed by all means"

Xi sits within his study within the top level of his palace, looking down at the small procession of the Guild Dominion carriages and group of cavalry guards. turning and looking at his sister who waits within the doorway in her formal dress, looking him up in down in his 'modern' Imperial uniform, a cross between the traditional Imperial robes and a western officers uniform. "Do I look foolish? The outer guards message said we've never met this woman before and I don't want to look like some fool in this new uniform.." His sister chuckles, rolling her eyes and walking over before gently fixing the cap on his head "No you are fine, it's simply different from the normal robes. Personally I like it, so much better then the bulky robes. The last thing we want you to do is fall down the steps during a formal greeting!" She'd smile at his suddenly flustered face "You'll do fine Xi, so she's not the normal diplomat from the Guilds, it isn't like she's going to devour your soul or something!" At this Xi chuckles, patting her shoulder and slipping by her "Sometimes I wonder about your mind sister, now come. We must head and greet her at the steps of the Palace, the guard is already formed." Walking out they'd meet up with a group of Imperial officers, along with the heads of the major parties and major heads of government.

Walking down the steps, the various officials take their places to the left and right hand side of the Emperor, his sister standing at his left hand side while the head of the government stands at his right. Xi keeps his eyes focused on the main carriage as it rumbles up with the guard, a group of fourteen officers step forward, assisting the Guild men off their horses and leading the horses too the stables. Xi then steps off the platform, walking towards the carriage flanked by his sister and the head of state, behind them four guards armed with swords held up within salute, awaiting the diplomat to step out of the carriage.

As councilor du'Meer steps out of the carriage the guards raise their swords in high salute, Xi stepping forward with a slight bow "
Good day miss, welcome to the Empire of Zhou, I am Xi Zhihuan Hideaki Zhou II. This is my sister Cao Umeki Tame Zhou, and my head of the Government, Chang Gao Yi." As he gestures to each, they would courtesy and bow respectively. "I hope your journey was well miss, what is your reason for this sudden visit?"

Days have passed since Florian spoke with Alexius about finding out the situation to their east, between their trade partner, the Guild Lands, and other, significant nations. The only news they received was that Traianus arrived at the Guild Lands and from the eavesdrops from taverns and streets is that the situation was not a delicate one. With hope, they might find more information they need to analyze the situation and see if it is worth entering into such a war of such scale. But for the brief moment, the Kingdom of Vaar remains neutral and uninterested in the war affairs or other nations to their east. Other matters pressed upon them, one of the most significant one is the rebellion in Anteris. Although the prime-minister took it under his care, to keep an eye on the situation, never would have he ever imagined that they would have been asked for support in such affairs. Daring times indeed, sir.

Florian stood with the entire Vaar government at their capital, discussing the situation at hand. Although the Republic would prove a valuable ally for the Vaar people, the situation they got themselves into is of such complexity and difficulty that they are now unsure about their choice of allies. And the entire Vaar government agreed on that. Even if they would have wanted to help them, they couldn't do anything about it, as there are many enemies and perhaps more would join if the kingdom of Vaar would announce their support for the Republic. Florian gave the free word for everyone and now anyone could stand up and speak his mind. Not even a second passed after Florian closed his mouth, that seven people rose from their seats instantly, followed by twelve others, from all political branches. Florian gave the word to the man he saw first to stand up and with a nod from both individuals, the man spoke.

'My fellow countrymen!' the man yelled, a bald, old man, a member of the Commoners party. 'The situation is difficult. I will keep it short here, sir, for I believe no one has the patience to keep this long. So I say, stay out of this affairs. We cannot allow ourselves to be dragged into a war just becau-'

'We can't stand idle!' a man interrupted. 'King Florian! Your majesty, we must aid the rebels! The Prince has all the rights to that throne! Should we be the ones who say nothing or against him in such affairs?' a young, handsome man, from the Nobility party spoke. 'It is right and just to support what is right, yes? Isn't that how our nation was built on? I say! Help the rebels! This Republic entered a war and forced a nation to kneel to them without any claim upon them! We cannot support such, such arrogance!'

Others began to rise from their seats and yell, one yell louder that the other. The room was now filled with chaos and the prime minister tried to calm the spirits, but to no vain. Everybody lost control. Until. Until Florian rose from his seat and yelled for silence. Florian was not listened to either and when words did not help him, he pulled out his personal made pistol and shot it upwards, silencing the entire room.

'For the love of all the Gods above us! SILENCE! ALL OF YOU! I have spoken to prime minister Alexius. We will analyze the situation in greater detail. In the meanwhile, send word to all nations to be invited at our capital to form a treaty or discuss of this affair. In the meantime, inform the 'rebels' that we...' Florian took a deep breath before letting out a long sigh. 'We will support the rebels if hostilities continue between the two said nations. By the Gods, I hope this will turn into bloodshed.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back