Davavor Osenas - Bard [Party9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeOfSkadi

I am still fleshing out the backstory for Davavor. But, he's a half-elf bard. Marine background from the new Saltmarsh book (if that's ok)

I'll edit the post and the CS with a complete back story by the 4th.

Background:
I fell for a tawny lass in a small port town at one of those islands in the Sword Coast region. She got me drunk with a group of Dwarven Sailers. I didn't speak a lick of Dwarven! The next morning I found myself abroad their ship, "The Marrow Bone." A strange name for a ship, but a name none-the-less. The tawny broad no where to be found. The captain was a one-armed dwarf named "Schiffer Morgan", but that didn't keep him from keeping order and maintaining discipline. The other Dwarfs respected him a great deal.

Schiffer's Dwarfs were known as the "Rain Dogs". Their banner was a blue field with a mean looking dog, snarling in orange. Silver rain droplets fell diagonally across the field. That boat became my home. They weren't pirates. Mercenaries, I suppose. Marines, truly. I regaled them at night with tales of dragons and Kings and Lute playing. I don't know if all dwarves are so keen to hear dirges, but these folk were. A shanty here and there should morale begin to dip.

They brought me into their band of Soldiers and taught me how to fight and operate on a ship. Captain Schiffer even taught me navigation and how to pilot the ship when waters were calm and the work was done.

I grew to love the sea. My spirits just aren't the same when I'm too far from her now. Working and fighting with the "Rain Dogs" made my arms, once lithe, become hard and mean. This, of course, attracted the ladies when ashore, but my drinking seemed to get in the way of my loving more often than not. Often times when ashore I'd lose a weeks pay to bailing myself out of the local jail after a scuffle. Though, I've given up drinking since I stopped fighting.

I had to, though. The final voyage of "The Marrow Bone" was a tragic one. We were hired by some prince to recover his stolen goods from some pirates. The pirates were better trained than we were used to. They rammed our ship. We began to take on water. Captain Schiffer ordered a retreat with his dying breath. He died next to me, ya know? His purple dagger fell to my feet and I had been disarmed. I picked it up, kill his assailant and fled for the life boat. Four others made it, and we escaped to report to the Prince. He accused us of conspiring with the pirates and imprisoned us. We were released a year later after the pirates had been dealt with and it became clear that we were not with them.

I spent a good four years with the Rain Dogs. I miss the tempo of that kind of life. Sitting here in Daggerford just leaves me itching to explore the sea and adventure again.

Attachments

• Marine.png
    Marine.png
    714.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
When you have the sheet and backstory done, be sure to tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) on the Discord so I know to come check this over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back