• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Darth Maul bodypaint

Alexandra

The black-eyed cousin
This is what I spent quite a lot of yesterday doing. I also cast the prosthetic horns myself...and have learned quite a bit about what not to do in future in regards to mould-making...

Bodypaint063_zps0dd2c6a7.jpg

Bodypaint064_zps4627e831.jpg

Bodypaint066_zpsfd079ffa.jpg

Bodypaint068_zps974cbf37.jpg

Bodypaint070_zps96221a91.jpg

Bodypaint072_zps37be96b2.jpg

My gosh. Well done. About how long did this take you, if you don't mind me asking? It must have been hours upon hours. Amazing.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]This is awesome.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you :)

WlfSamurai said:
My gosh. Well done. About how long did this take you, if you don't mind me asking? It must have been hours upon hours. Amazing.
I prepared the prosthetics over the course of a couple of days leading up to the painting. I had to sculpt the horns from clay, then make plaster moulds out the little clay horns so I would be able to cast multiple horns in something safe to wear on skin.

The painting itself took four hours, with lots of reference photos, and the lightsaber is a LucasArts replica kindly loaned by a friend of mine.

We're giving serious consideration to doing it again, with more prosthetics, higher quality paint, and including contacts and tooth wax...for that special Darth Maul scowl.

Alexandra said:
I prepared the prosthetics over the course of a couple of days leading up to the painting. I had to sculpt the horns from clay, then make plaster moulds out the little clay horns so I would be able to cast multiple horns in something safe to wear on skin.
The painting itself took four hours, with lots of reference photos, and the lightsaber is a LucasArts replica kindly loaned by a friend of mine.

We're giving serious consideration to doing it again, with more prosthetics, higher quality paint, and including contacts and tooth wax...for that special Darth Maul scowl.
Fantastic. Very good work.

You sir did an amazing job. I can only imagine how long it took to get that all on, especially since I have no artistic ability to make all the designs.

[QUOTE="Marcus G.]You sir did an amazing job. I can only imagine how long it took to get that all on, especially since I have no artistic ability to make all the designs.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you muchly ~

It took about four hours or so....though the prosthetic preparation kept me up half the night beforehand. I should really put up some more bodypaint photos, but a lot of them are nsfw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back