[Darkening Skits] Olimak Annita

DeusExAlice

I sell body horror and body horror accessories

Appearance (Pre-expressions)

Ear length brown hair save for a shoulder length tail of hair on the right side of her head bound with ribbon and small tokens taken from fallen foes. The good stuff, teeth, a finger joint, a piece of the skull plate.

Size wise Annita is very, very small. If it wasn't for the weathered look on her skin and in her eyes, she could (with a bit of etiquette training) pass for being a young adult who is quite athletic.

A really irritated stare with her blue eyes is the normal state. Save for when things get interesting, then it's more of a hungry one.

In the wardrobe arena she prefers things more form fitting. While she isn't trying to show off any curves (Hah! Like Annita has much of anything to flaunt.) it's a practical choice. Loose clothing gets tangled or grabbed quite easily. Actual color preferences or style tend to vary, usually dependent on the situation.

Background

An army brat from hell.

Heh...don't hurt me for the pun!

See, Annita's parents were part of a warband led by her mother. They weren't exactly the most traditionally affectionate couple, but the girl did get to hear many times (Despite how loud or physical her protests were) of the time her father and mother met each other. It was a bit of a sticky situation where two warbands had ended up being employed by opposing sides. He always spoke dreamily of the carnage the groups wrought on each other and just how beautiful his wife was when she ended up strangling his Desolator to death with his own metallic innards. The almost routinue chuckle and his explanation of how he intended to challenge the Desolator one day and take charge of the warband was derailed then and there. Then Mom would always come into the retelling, as if it was their sole job to torment Annita with this display, remarking that the only reason her father was still around and breathing was that in the ensuing challenge he managed to wound her without getting gutted in response.

Once mom would stalk off, he vehemently added on it was really because of his cute butt.

Despite their shenanigans and position of authority, it didn't mean Annita had a cushioned life compared to the other members of the warband. Quite the opposite. The Desolator's child was pushed twice as hard and far as any other recruit.

There were “trips” out into the wilderness to camp out. Upon awakening Annita would find her former company gone along with any directions or supplies save for the homespun blanket she had slept under. Sometimes a sharp rock if it was her birthday.

Then the “games” with other kids and younger recruits. The idea was to drill and train them younger to get them used to combat and tactics before they acquired a bunch of bad learned habits.

Annita wasn't thrilled at first when she found everyone else was given a spear or maybe even a shortsword...and she was stuck with some leather straps for her hands. Her parents did always try to encourage her use of the two weapons she'd never be without. The “handicap” in the exercises weren't solely meant to force her to overcome more difficult obstacles, but also to account for her infernal heritage the other recruits lacked.

They stopped picking on her and her leather strapped hands when she snatched another kid's spear when he thrust it out and broke it. They really stopped laughing when she smashed the majority of his bottom jaw into the back of his throat with her right hand.

Her rising aggression was fueled by an urge to dominate. Not just physically but Annita was quickly becoming the foremost squad-leader out of the other recruits. Her parents pride was dimmed a little when it was clear her aptitude didn't stretch to grand strategy, but it was forgivable since even the warband didn't operate on that level of engagement.

By the time Annita was in the years of young adulthood she was a seasoned killer and soldier. Having served in more operations than most professional warriors do, she was becoming a bit of handful. Chomping at the bit for something bigger or grander wasn't much of a surprise to her mother or father, the majority of their contracts as a warband had been during more peaceful times. While there always was conflict somewhere most times they ended in a relatively quick span of time or the warband was used as raiders to pillage the target's country side and lay waste to what small folk they could. To try and keep her from rebelling too much, her mother put her in charge of the hellhounds. Creatures that Annita had always gotten along with quite well and would then use to range away from the main warband. Either serving as a screening element, forward scouts or hunting out pockets of hiding survivors. Typically she'd got a bit over board, possibly raiding and setting fire to a town without reporting back first but her teaching on tactics at least kept her from fouling up operations. The job kept Annita amused for awhile, there was a thrilling aspect of the chase. Like how foreplay would enhance sex, the hunt would likewise enhance the kill at the end.

It was during the War of the Three Dragons that the girl became restless once more. The Desolator was, surprisingly, approaching this war cautiously and in a more mercenary fashion. Unwilling to commit her warband, Annita grew too frustrated and struck out on her own with some hounds and soldiers who were more loyal to her than the warband.

It would come with no small amount of vindication to later find out that her mother also sided with Imperus at a later date.

Odd Tidbits

Smithing was something done as a mother-daughter binding exercise, as such Annita is very much a fan of the activity but does not like to do it around others or be bothered while doing it.

She dabbled briefly in artisanship before, her father's efforts saying that she should be able to paint a picture or play an instrument with the same hand that could shatter a skull. Needless to say when her favorite art became painting white clothing with bloodstains...they didn't really have “art time” much anymore.

Annita has an excessively hard time with large numbers or more intensive mathematics. A big reason why she isn't of much use in directing larger scale conflicts. Usually refers to past encounters as a comparison to get a grasp on what the number represents.

Last edited by a moderator:
<__<...>__>

Okay, I hope it's not annoying but I took a kinda light hearted note when writing some of that stuff...is that okay? e.e'

Also, if I buy a number of vineyards, enslave a large number of poets and host daily bouts of ultraviolence...could I somehow have ascendance 5? THINK OF THE PUPPIES!

*wrings hands nervously*

Waiitt.... AgeEXP? I don't remember ever doing anything of the Sort with Augustus- I just sorta.. waited for you to assign EXP- should I add his Age EXP Retroactively, now..? Or does he not get any..?

I-I thought that was how we did it?

Heck, Grey even said we could assign what we seen fit to make our characters feasible? D-did that change?

SephirothSage said:
No, I looked around. /EVERYONE BUT ME/ Did it.
Uh, yup. That was part of the character generation instructions, no? Starting XP is your character's age, and then if your character concept demands it, the GM might chuck a few more in.

Okai, XP spent...I -think- I did it right?

Need Expressions looked over and I believe I'm all set? =D

Let's just restructure these chronologically a little.

I figure she got the teeth first, which are fine and balanced. Then the blood. Then the spit, which I think we'll call at flat 6 damage and I'll worry about tags as it comes up (though, since mercury is heavy, I'm inclined to let it do a point of Crushing followed by heat damage and inevitable mercury poisoning). The tail and senses are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back