• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Dark stories and darker characters

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Talk about edgy...

Anyway, heya. Welcome to my thread! I've been really bored these last few days and hopefully this thread will fix that... Fingers crossed.

About:
- I'm 20
- I've been roleplaying since I was 10
- I can write in all narrative styles but usually opt for third-person limited in present tense
- Original characters only
- Romance as a subplot only
- No triggers

Lf:
- Dark stories and darker characters
- People who are very versatile in who or what they can roleplay
- People who can use a range of literary techniques to keep writing interesting, e.g. imagery, metaphors, similes, ect
- People in this for the long-term
- Using a thesaurus? Use the word right, bruh

Into:
- Death Note
- Battle Royale/Hunger Games/The Purge
- Modern/Realistic/Slice-of-Life
- Doctor Who
- Charmed/Witches
- Being Human/Vampires/Werewolves/Ghosts
- DC/Marvel
- Dystopia
- Horror
- Psychological

The hours continue on and the sun, with the advent of afternoon, rises from the horizon, painting silhouetted skyscrapers in gouache strokes of burnt orange and amber gold. Rise and shine.

At Josie's Bar, the barmaid looks up and down at her customer incredulously. Two shifty eyes determine whether or not he's of age, then following jaundiced judgement, she pours him a pint, a white froth coating the top of the glass mug, and flashes him a professionally polite smile as she prices the beer at, “Fourteen dollars ninety nine,” a ridiculously gross overpricing. She does all of this so fast--so very fast--like second nature, having been in Josie's employment for a year, which she will ramble and run on to anyone who has the patience to ask.

At this time of day, only six or so patrons occupy the tables. Two of them are sat on wooden barstools, watching the news as they drink ciders at the counter. The countertop is veneered oak, cleaned regularly but nonetheless covered here and there with translucent ring marks. Caipirinha is in the air.

Sarah Sing is Ballista the second she struts the threshold of the Hellfire Club. When the stiletto heels are on, Ballista is complete like a tawdry Cinderella tale. When she comes out the dressing room and the florescent limelights cast her in purples and pinks, Ballista is like a kaleidoscope. When she struts for stage, Sarah Sing is only a memory.

She starts work in the late hours of the night with a whipcrack of her ponytail.

And they all go wild.

She dances and they throw money at her. They call her name in a cacophonous cheer, Ballista Ballista BALLISTA. Strange name for a stripper, but who cares for a name when you're half-naked? She has everyone's attention, the lurid spotlight on her as she moves to the music. At the Hellfire Club, a gentlemen's club every gentleman has heard of, the music selection is a harmonious blend of hip-hop and jazz.

Throwing herself centre stage, everyone goes crazy. She is Ballista Ballista Ballista. The one whose moves have all the eyes watching, the hands reaching and, most importantly, the wallets emptying. She leaves Ballista behind in the dressing room an hour into midnight and calls it quits. Sarah Sing is back and more appropriately dressed than her alter ego, wearing a fur parka coat over a shirt, frayed denims and Adidas flats.

At these times in Hell's Kitchen, nowhere is safe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back