• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Dark Circus

StarrySkyofLostSouls

Reach for the stars
Welcome one and all, to the Dark Circus. I am the Ringleader here; I welcome all misfits and freaks alike to join my circus. Together we will travel the world and show the world our unique talents and traits. My name is Cecila and I hope you enjoy the show… We currently have a set location in Orlando because we have a deal with the mayor that we can set up there each year after travelling around. Unfortunately, that peace was ruined when one of our own was killed in her trailer… Now we have to up our own security to protect us from the murderer… For all we know it could be one of us… But please, enjoy the show…

(Rules: 1. Relationships are allowed, but if things get "steamy" black out before it happens.

2. Swearing is allowed but don't have a full sentence of swear words.

3. No violence between characters unless you speak to me about it first and I approve.

4. Please be respectful to other rpers.

5. No godmodding obviously.

6. Hopefully have fun. ^^)

Horns+Up+Rocks+Slipknot+Updates

Cecila clapped her hands. "Now now, everyone let's not be alarmed! Remember... We still have a show to perform. Back to your stations, we must act like everything is alright. We cannot allow this to faze us. Yes Emily will be missed but we have to move forward! Also you must have a partner to travel with at night from now on... You must tell me who your partner is before the end of tonight's show~" she said as she started walking around making sure everything was in order.

Serenity sighed softly and turned towards her scarred adoptive sister. "I'm glad Ceci is acting so calm about this... without her i'm sure everything would be in chaos..." she said as she took her arm and started walking with her to her dark room.

Rayleigh walked with her as she led her to her dark room. "Mhm... Anyways, I hope people are kinder today..." she said with sighing slightly angry due to the comments she always received because of her horribly scarred face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiona coughed. Partners? I can take care of myself. She shrugged off Cecila's request. She truly hated being with the others if she could avoid it. She always thought of herself as being in the way. Yes, she loved them all, but she'd rather just be with her eight legged family. Her Transylvanian spiders were the size of house cats. They could help her if she ever got into trouble. "Yes, ma'am." She muttered to herself as she downed yet another shot of spider venom, the only thing she would ever drink. "But, I must ask why we should be paired with other performers. You know that my spiders and I look out for each other." Being a little too tipsy, she giggled.

Cecila sighed softly while looking at her. "The reason for that is because just last night, Emily, our four legged sweetheart... was murdered. That is why I want everyone to either travel in pairs because I'd rather not have another death on my circus." she said while looking over the other freaks and performers who had gathered.

Hayley stared with wide eyes at Cecilia. 'How can she be so calm? Someone got murdered..' She thought as shivers went down her spine. Even though she was not easily hurt, her face was pale as the winter snow. Someone this close to her, gone. Such sorrow had not been excperienced since the day she was left alone. Her lips were shaking more and more for every breath she took. She felt panicked, something she rarely felt. But the thought occured, what if the murderer was among them? If the person is one of her closest friends.

To gain control over her emotions, she bit her lip, hard. Almost so hard that she was about to pierce through it. Strangely enough, it did work. Her breath was slower and steadier and she could feel the color of her skin return to her face. Her eyes was still slightly watered and wide open, but she looked mutch calmer than just a moment ago.

Kenzi sat listening with an annoyed look. She was hanging from the ceiling. She was swinging on her silk ribbons. She slowly moved down to the floor. She really hated the floor. "Not many like heights as I do. Do I really need a partner? "She asks. She glanced at Fiona. Kenzi was the brooding one out of all the family. She spent most her time on rooftops above the ground it was rare for her feet to set foot on the ground. Kenzi felt vulnerable. Kenzi was calm about the murder. Kenzi knew one of them had been murdered, but she didn't once shed a tear or an ounce of anger.

Irish Ice Queen

Senira grimaced at the thought of murder. "I don't like murder...but I don't think I'll need one if I stick to the group." Besides, no one ever wanted someone as weak her to be accompanying them anywhere. She smiled a bit as her cat, Shadow, leaped onto her shoulder from her arms. "And Shadow can keep a look out for me," she said, petting the purring feline. She gazed at Cecilia, feeling herself calm down at the sight of leader, who she admired so. But if she had to get a partner.... She frowned, playing with one of Shadow's paws.

Cecila looked at them, the gold ring around her pupils seemed to glow in the setting sun light. "I know most of you don't like the thought of having to partner up... And if you don't want to, fine... but if you die. Don't say I didn't warn you." she said while strolling in front of them. "Now, Get ready, the show is about to start. Chop chop! Places everyone. To your places, please." she said and waved her hand as she vanished slightly to head to the front of their circus grounds.

Rayleigh and Serenity split off to head to their own stations to get ready for the public to come, not really liking the fact there could be a murderer within their home.

Senira walked off to her station. She wasn't really part of the show, but more like a supporter as she got everyone their demands after a performance, and she was quite content with that very job. Of course, if she was asked to participate, she would under the RingMaster's orders. But either way, she preferred being backstage and watching how the show went. She admired everyone's talents, and it was rather fun to observe the performer's display as they danced within their talents.

Smiling softly, she stood outside near her station, watching the members getting ready for the show. "It's going to be another successful night, Shadow," Senira hummed happily, and the cat meowed in return.

Kenzi had showed no emotion she even smirks at the mention of murder. She moved back up to her spot. She was wrapped up in her silk. She looked at the ceiling smiling. Kenzi would wait for her cue in her soft cocoon of silk.Kenzi loved the thrill she was fearless its why aerial silk was her specialty she had no fear of death and the free falling had given her thrill chills.

Irish Ice Queen

Fiona, also a fan of heights, waved at Kenzi as if to prove that she wasn't alone. And, Kenzi wasn't alone in the trees at all. One of Fiona's enormous spiders was in the same tree, just above Kenzi, snapping its pincers quietly. Fiona giggled at the sound. "Play nicely." She teased. Neither Fiona nor the spider would ever harm anyone else, but it was extremely fun to tease a little. "Kenzi, you have a friend."

Kenzi smirked and smiles."well friends are always welcome. "Kenzi says. She winked at her for all intensive purposes sister. She had her weird pets, but was nicer girl them Kenzi. Kenzi held secrets that she had been keeping from the only family that cared for her. Could she tell them. She wasn't sure, lost in thought she listened to the show.

Irish Ice Queen

Hayley sighed once and threw herself forward towards the ground with her hands in front of her, causing her to end up in a handstand. Gracefully she walked on her hands towards where she was supposed to be for the moment, close to the entrance. The frown from earlier was now gone and her usual grin replaced the sad face.

"So, Cecila? Did you have the line-up set up for tonight or are we just going to go with the flow like always?" Fiona grinned, waving her friend down from the tree, muttering to him. "You aren't scaring anyone, dear." She giggled at that. "I mean, I know you said stay together, but what about our acts?"

Cecila smiled. "Acts will go on as planned~! Because tomorrow we will be shaking it up obviously." She said while snapping her fingers a few times with a twinkle in her eye.

He sighed, hearing the news about partners. He wasn't really that close with Emily, but he still feels a pang of lose. He started to look for a partner. Most of them had one, but he saw someone who doesn't, Senira. "Hey Senira!" He called out, walking to her. He doesn't really know her, but it would be nice to have a new friend. And besides, she has a cat. That's all the incentive he needs. "Would you like to be my partner?" He ask.

A tent sat a little ways away from the rest of the circus, like a lonely little island painted in red and white stripes. It looked harmless enough, but a sign posted outside said, in loud letters: DANGER KEEP OUT. Beyond that, a little ways inside the flap, another sign stood: Authorized Personnel Only. One had to wander what such an innocent little tent could be harboring.

Inside, the tent was dimly lit. The smell of fresh hay hung in the air, mixed with something like a wet dog. The tent housed a few hay bails, a bucket with washing supplies, a stack of clean blankets sitting on top of a wooden crate, and, in the very back, a large cage. The bars were thick and heavy, made for something with the strength of a two ton gorilla. But such a creature was absent inside the cage. All that sat inside was a man, dirty and naked, who sat on top of a pile of blankets in the corner. He absentmindedly played with a few pieces of straw, arranging them on the floor in front of him to create a picture of a dog's face. For a creature that was supposedly a mindless animal, his art skills were impressive.

When left alone, the so called 'Wolf Man' was surprisingly serene. He never made much noise, or caused much trouble, or did much of anything really. The man slept most hours of the day, and when he was awake, he would entertain himself with little art projects such as the one he was making now. He was currently awake because he knew that meal time was coming up. Soon, a human would come into his tent with a few slabs of raw meat, and he had to make sure that he was awake to growl at them. They might mess with him otherwise. He had noticed that these humans messed with him marginally less than the last bunch had, but he wasn't about to give them the opportunity.

Cecila makes her way towards his tent, has an air of confident but kindness around her as she makes her way in with his dinner. "Evening~! I have your dinner the way you take it." She hummed and put the meat in through the bars before standing up straight and twirling on her heel. "Eat up because the show is about to begin~ i have a feeling this will be our best one yet!" She said excitedly as the gold ring around her pupils glowed.

The man jumped, startled by the woman's sudden appearance. His straw picture was smeared across the floor of his cage as he moved to face her, hunching his shoulders and lowering his head. The man's lips curled back to give a feral growl, sounding almost exactly like a real canine. His golden eyes glared at her from the dim light of the tent, fixed on her's with an unnerving intensity. In his language, this was a challenge. He wanted to intimidate her; to let her know that she wasn't in charge here. Even though he was the one in the cage.

The wolf man edged forward to swipe up the meat, never taking his eyes off the woman. The quickly returned to the back of the cage to eat the raw beef, his table manners every bit as lacking as your average dog.

Cecila didn't seem to notice at all since she always seemed to be off in her own world but still grounded in this one. "It's unfortunate that we lost Emily... Oh she was such a darling... But the show much go on as I always say. I know you'll do your best as always." She said as she turned towards him slightly, the gold ring around her pupils glowing again.

The wolf man didn't know who Emily was, and he didn't particularly care. The woman had mentioned something about another show, and his lip curled again. He hated showed; he hated them so much. People would flood around his cage, staring at him, waiting for him to do something. They didn't throw thing anymore, but he always expected it. The man usually took to hiding under his blankets, since he was allowed to have those now. If he pretended to be asleep, he found that people often lost interest in him quickly.

The man wolfed down his last few pieces of meat and licked the juice off his fingers. He slowly sunk to the floor of his cage to lay down, curled up, but his eyes still never left the woman. He didn't trust her, or anyone, enough to let his guard down.

Cecila blows at her bangs, revealing a scar from a past accident. "Don't worry, your not part of the show tonight. So you can rest and do whatever it is you usually do. Anyways I best be going~! The show can't start without the Ring Leader there to direct the show!" She said in her usual cheerful voice. "You not the only one who's different here you know. There are others. But if your comfortable staying in side there, that's fine too." She said while gesturing to the cage. (@Metronome )

Gwen jumped up and looked around. "Oh no did I fall asleep?" She asked and ran over to Cecila. "Am I late? What did I miss?" She asked softly holding her small cage in her right hand. The carousel was playing music and spinning around which meant the horses were restless. Her half blue and pink eyes stared at the Ring Master waiting for a direction to do something.

The man in the cage jumped up again when another girl ran into his tent. He gave a loud snarl, his eyes narrowing at the two of them. This new girl had some kind of box that played music and moved, and the the high pitched tune wasn't too pleasant on his sensitive ears. The naked wild man stood from his position at the back of the cage and began to pace around, watching them. It wasn't unlike an animal at the zoo, watching it's visitors like it would its prey. One had to wonder just what he would do if he was let out of that cage.

Cecila gave her a bright smile. "Oh no no~! Not at all. We were just about to begin. Go get ready! Your up first tonight Gwenie~!" She said as she lightly pushed the girl out of the tent before following slightly, and looking over her shoulder back at the man. "Have a good night's rest." She said before leaving to get ready for the crowd.

Gwen was about to say something when she went to get ready. She slipped out of her normal clothes and into her performance costume. She then opened the cage and the carousel appeared in front of her. She then began to touch up on the fake horses and changed them in their more unique costumes. She painted designs on some of them before she closed the cage and just as quickly as they appeared the carousel was back in it's cage. She did this all in under three minutes. She was an extremely efficient dresser and was able to get everything ready in a very short period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back