• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dark Arts Defense Corps: DADC

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
Make sure all OOC stays in the OOC

If you want to incorporate a little OOC in the IC, it'll have to be before or after the main post, in parentheses, and very brief

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, when can we actually start RPing. And will we be finding out own cases, or will Evan be handing out the cases, since he is the head of the agency?

Yeah, and how exactly is this gonna work? Is it gonna be like two people get sent off to do a case or do all of them go on a single case? I'm just a bit confused is all.

Wakka59 said:
Yeah, and how exactly is this gonna work? Is it gonna be like two people get sent off to do a case or do all of them go on a single case? I'm just a bit confused is all.
I think that Evan as the head detective should send people out on the cases, maybe a few people out at first, working together, or even each out own. But I also think there should be some that stay behind to do research or leg work, and you do need detectives to be on the field but others that interrogate the subjects. I guess we all need to work as a well oiled machine, but maybe there can be some sort of journal aspect where we can discuss our own cases. Just and idea.

WhisperingWillows said:
I think that Evan as the head detective should send people out on the cases, maybe a few people out at first, working together, or even each out own. But I also think there should be some that stay behind to do research or leg work, and you do need detectives to be on the field but others that interrogate the subjects. I guess we all need to work as a well oiled machine, but maybe there can be some sort of journal aspect where we can discuss our own cases. Just and idea.
That makes sense. Like probably two people out in the field and three at home base you think?

Wakka59 said:
That makes sense. Like probably two people out in the field and three at home base you think?
Something along those lines. Not everyone is strong against everything, so I think it would just be whoever fits the bill. It doesn't mean that backup won't need to be called in, or that those at home at sitting ducks. The leader would just do what he things/knows is best.

WhisperingWillows said:
Something along those lines. Not everyone is strong against everything, so I think it would just be whoever fits the bill. It doesn't mean that backup won't need to be called in, or that those at home at sitting ducks. The leader would just do what he things/knows is best.
True, true

What I'm gonna do is hand out the cases

When we get more people, We're gonna split things up

There's only 5 of us right now, so there's no need for multiple cases

Kylesar1 said:

Will you be allowing more people to join? Also, because of my character's age, I think she would be suitable as backup.

theglassangel said:
Will you be allowing more people to join? Also, because of my character's age, I think she would be suitable as backup.
Of course. I'll let other people join, but I won't let it get too big.

I can put her in backup

Wakka59 said:
So, what are we thinking for the first case?
Maybe it could just be a regular supernatural case. Maybe a mage is out placing curses on people, and DADC needs to bring him in. Nothing big just yet. I need to see how we all are as characters. This will be a minor case.

Another idea of mine was that a malevolent ghost is terrorizing a family in Germany. It's killed 55 innocents, and 15 exorcists so far. The German Government decided to call in the DADC. Those souls have been absorbed into him, so he's far too powerful at this point for the DADC to take out without heavy casualties. He wants an item so he can finally rest in peace. An item that was removed from his house right before his death. The ghost was terrorizing the place for a long time, since during WW2.

Finding the item would require travelling back to Nazi Germany to retrieve it. We'd have to deal with a leader of the Nazi army.

Kylesar1 said:
Maybe it could just be a regular supernatural case. Maybe a mage is out placing curses on people, and DADC needs to bring him in. Nothing big just yet. I need to see how we all are as characters. This will be a minor case.
Another idea of mine was that a malevolent ghost is terrorizing a family in Germany. It's killed 55 innocents, and 15 exorcists so far. The German Government decided to call in the DADC. Those souls have been absorbed into him, so he's far too powerful at this point for the DADC to take out without heavy casualties. He wants an item so he can finally rest in peace. An item that was removed from his house right before his death. The ghost was terrorizing the place for a long time, since during WW2.

Finding the item would require travelling back to Nazi Germany to retrieve it. We'd have to deal with a leader of the Nazi army.
I love how detailed your second idea is, but will you be controlling the criminal and the clues given or?

theglassangel said:
I love how detailed your second idea is, but will you be controlling the criminal and the clues given or?
That's just a rough draft of my idea. I'd like it better if someone controlled the criminal. I believe the ghost can give up a majority of the clues, but I still have to figure all those things out

And to everybody, we will start tomorrow or tonight. The only reason I haven't started yet is because I have to work today at 1:00

I can work the baddie if you need to. Just give me what to do and I'll work around it. If we're doin the Nazi thing, I got an idea of how to do the villain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylesar1 said:

I am totally okay with being one of the researchers. My character doesn't always have to be out in the field with the group. But whatever you want to do, is alright with me.

Kylesar1 said:

I like the second idea, it could lead to a larger RP, allowing us more meat to play with and involving all of us with unique talents.

Wakka59 said:
I can work the baddie if you need to. Just give me what to do and I'll work around it. If we're doin the Nazi thing, I got an idea of how to do the villain.
You can do a villain CS on the minor character. Pretty much when you want. Just know that, if you want to hurry and get to the major stuff, make him relatively weak. He's just an intro villain

Since he's placing curses, give him Shadow Magic. Other than that requirement, the creativity is all yours

I'll get some stuff on the Nazi Leader later on

Kylesar1 said:
You can do a villain CS on the minor character. Pretty much when you want. Just know that, if you want to hurry and get to the major stuff, make him relatively weak. He's just an intro villain
Since he's placing curses, give him Shadow Magic. Other than that requirement, the creativity is all yours

I'll get some stuff on the Nazi Leader later on
Oh, yeah, yeah he's gonna be weak. I meant I have an idea on how to do the intro villain that is stealing souls. I have an idea of why and how, but just to be sure if it's ok if we go this route I wanna talk about this with you in private (to make it a bit of a surprise for everyone else) if we can...

VasiliasMellow said:
New to RPN should what Harri says be a different color?
Up to you. I do it for the sake of ease

WhisperingWillows said:
So I wasn't getting notifications for this thread. Once I get done reading though the posts I will post mine. Sorry I am late. :(
It's completely fine. We haven't started on the minor case yet

Today was my long day at work. And now I have homework to finish: my outline for my term paper (almost done), submit my group project and post in discussions before I can get on here and participate in the RP. Good news I should be done in a half hour and can RP through most of the night because I don't work tomorrow.

Sorry if I am causing any delays. :)

WhisperingWillows said:
Today was my long day at work. And now I have homework to finish: my outline for my term paper (almost done), submit my group project and post in discussions before I can get on here and participate in the RP. Good news I should be done in a half hour and can RP through most of the night because I don't work tomorrow.
Sorry if I am causing any delays. :)
Is K bruh. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back