[Dancers in Emerald Twilight] Dancing with the Devil

NoisyCricket

Elder Member
Malfeas: Where No Twilight Graces the Skies

You have had a short time between when Lucent Wing deposited you onto the streets of Malfeas near Jacinct's tower on this level. The demonic populace eyes you a bit more respectfully as word has passed that a new Green Sun Princess has arrived, and none wish to make a Peer angry...or a Scourge love them.

You hear a chorus of loud screams, of Tomescu a demon helpfully informs you, signaling that Dusk is upon Creation, though Ligier burns no less brightly here.

The streets do begin to clear out, as citizens and serfs use the screams as time pieces, hurrying toward some activity.

-----------------------------------------------

Giving you a chance to do some roleplay. No details on what kinds of streets you're on, as you can decide that specifically if you needed/wanted to do something. One or two posts should suffice before moving on to the main event.

For the purposes of healing/mote recovery/willpower recovery/anima flare/etc. a scene has passed between the last one and this one.

Amera, the mean streets

Amera glanced around at the various demons wrapping up activities. I guess it won't be hard to spot whoever it is collects me for the next meeting. You mentioned there were lots of sifus here in the city Ajoris, maybe we can start looking for a good teacher before everyone hurries away.

Hurrying after the nearest demon, some kind of bug man from the looks of it, Amera hailed him, "You there, tell me where I may find the martial artists of this city. My patron (mote of peripheral to the caste mark) tells me there are many great sifus here."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

some sort of social attack?

intrascene mote recovery == 0? (-1 for display)

Personal _18_|_18_

Peripheral _28_|_43_

Committed _11 (3 permanent)_

WP _6_|_6_

A fine upstanding demon

The bug-man turns to Amera, and sees her caste marks, drops to his thorax. "Um, ah, there is Mara, and the Crucible of Brass and Iron, and many of the other Unquestionables know many styles!"

----------------------------------------------------------

No defense. He knows better.

Way to Go

"But...Um...I'm just a tailor!" The Embioptera gets to an almost-shriek and nervously produces silk from his forearms, hands deftly weaving them into shapes as he speaks.

"I think the Crucible can be found on most levels though!"

Amera, exploring

"Nevermind, I'll find it..." Amera turns and starts running down the street looking for anything promising and letting herself relax into the movement.

-------------------------------------------------

Dashing as for Running to Forever

Let me know what sort of roll to spot something promising..

Perc+MA+1 stunt=10

Amera rolled the following on her 10 dice:

1, 9, 10, 9, 6, 9, 9, 10, 4, 7

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 9 successes.

+1 mote

Personal _18_|_18_

Peripheral _29_|_43_

WP _6_|_6_

Outrunning the Darkness

The streets are still active with demons, whom you effortlessly dodge during your run. None attempt to catch you or ask your business, and many begin cheering or making other noise at what they can only assume is Adorjan or one of her beloved Chosen racing through the streets.

For half an hour everything blurs by Amera, though her keen eyes manage to pick out a large looking walled courtyard. Statues on lining the entrance way open their arms as Amera skids to a halt before it, noting the trappings of various styles on the various statues.

The world is covered in darkness. It would be unfair to call it nightfall, for in Creation, the Daystar dips below the horizon slowly, allowing the world time to prepare for Luna and the Maidens. This darkness is like a thief, swiftly crossing Ligier's path to cover everyone in inky darkness.

As quickly as it comes, it goes, at least from this section. Looking up, you see what looks like a tail of shadow slapping the sky.

"Good evening my dear" The voice is strong and familiar in your ear. Turning you see a man, slightly taller than you, well-muscled beneath his Dynastic robes. His hair is a darker brown, and he is quite handsome.

You know it isn't him, but your heart tugs for a moment at the sight in front of you.

---------------------------------------------

The Shadow of All Things said hello.

Manipulation + Presence Social Attack from the Ebon Dragon. Illusion effect of "Trust me, I remind you of Nalor." Attack garners 10 successes. Two willpower to resist if you want to.

You do regain 4 motes, as you took a half hour of running.

Amera, confused, before a myraid of statues and the visage of her lover

Ah, this looks like it could be promissing. I wonder who teaches-

Amera hears his voice and turns to see him, Nalor in all his glory. "It's, but, it can't be. Why?" Amera slips back to those happy times for a moment. If just for a moment, she feels his lips on her neck as he whispers to her. Sitting on the bedside, the back of her hand feeling the silk of his robe, smooth and warm and.. wet. Blood from the knife. Shaking herself out of it, she fills her heart with anger for the one who hurt him. "Who are you? What do you know about Nalor?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Spending 2 wp to resist.

Personal _18_|_18_

Peripheral _32_|_43_

WP _4_|_6_

Lovely Lies

The man smiles, and you notice that, while the resemblance is uncanny, it is distinctly not Nalor. "Ah, I apologize Princess, my manners are terrible today. I am the Ebon Dragon."

He leans forward and takes your hand in his, kissing the back of it. "Why, my sister told me you were gorgeous, but I was taken aback at the sight of you, I suppose you could say she does not have the grasp of the language to convey such things." He smiles at you, as though sharing a secret joke that only you two understand.

He frowns, "Ah yes, I was hoping that taking this form would be more pleasing to you...my normal jouten is a bit massive for an evening on the town. I do hope you still wish to go with me, I would hate to think I have offended you so terribly." His hand still holds yours, awaiting an answer to that last unspoken question.

----------------------------------

Out of character: Manipulation + Presence to say he was just doing this as a way to make you feel more comfortable, and not a way to take advantage of you. You may attempt a Perception + Investigation roll against him to see if you believe him.

Amera, foot in mouth

Relaxing a bit Amera tries to get used to this idea, ironic since she was impersonating someone not so long ago. She offers a small smile. "It's just, it is nice, but not knowing what has become of him makes it hard. I am sorry if I wasn't where I was supposed to meet you. I heard there were good sifus here and thought to take a look around, well that and I didn't know where to meet you..." Oh geez this is the guy I'm supposed to be working for, and I'm making a total fool of myself. Amera watches for his reaction somewhat nervously, trying to pick up any cues on how to fit in and get back on his good side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Perc+Inv = 6

Always a Gentleman

Resting a hand reassuringly on your shoulder, the Dragon smiles. "Now now, no need to fret Amera, may I call you Amera? I was able to find you just fine, and I'm sure they'll keep our reservations even if we happen to be a bit late."

He takes in the sight of the academy. "Ah yes...well, they are quite strict here. You might prefer the 10 Shadows Academy. I know quite a few of the instructors there, and one is a Master at the Tiger Style."

He holds out his arm for you. "Shall we my dear?"

----------------------------------------

Amera, on a dragon's arm again

Amera accepts his arm somewhat tentatively. "Reservations? Oh, 10 shadows academy? I would like to find a sifu for the tiger style and perhaps others.. You seem to know quite a lot about me that very few people know. How is that?"

Feantari said:
Amera, on a dragon's arm again
Amera accepts his arm somewhat tentatively. "Reservations? Oh, 10 shadows academy? I would like to find a sifu for the tiger style and perhaps others.. You seem to know quite a lot about me that very few people know. How is that?"
Nonchalant

He smiles once more, patting her arm reassuringly as you walk toward what looks to be a carriage on the road. "Ah yes, we are going to a dinner theater tonight. A Kabuki play, if I recall correctly. I much prefer it over shadow puppet theater...though everyone seems surprised." He chuckles at his own joke.

"Yes, the 10 Shadows Academy is quite difficult to get to at times, but I believe I can secure you an audience with some of their sifu." His grin entrances you for a moment.

As you get closer to the carriage, you begin to notice...

-------------------

He is using a Socialize charm (based on Manipulation) to make you forget the question you asked about how he knew so much about you. This costs a single willpower to resist, and is UMI. Feel free to attempt to stunt a defense or spend willpower or however you wish to go about it.

Also, go ahead and roll Perception + Investigation for the carriage.

Amera with catty curiosity, the streets of Malfeas

Amera smiles at the arrogant grin and looks toward the carriage to hide her eyes and take stock of the situation. Oh, now this is a slippery one. It's always the charming ones with secrets and lies. I guess they have more to lose. Well, I suppose I'm not to question his methods, but this would maybe explain why I'm working for him instead of Adorjan. Well very well then Mr. Dragon, I'll play your little game, but you don't get to make me forget my question. I'll figure out what you're hidding. Maybe it's a test.

Somewhat eager for the challenge and reaffirmed of a goal Amera focuses on the transportation awaiting them. Ever more curious now, her mind tuned to the game at hand, she looks it over expecting some sort of deception.

Turning back to the Ebon Dragon she says, "I haven't been to the theater in awhile, but I shall trust your taste in entertainment. And, I would be most appreciative for the introduction." She tries to resist a bit of a skip in her step, but her tail betrays her revealing a bit of her excitement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what defense this uses. Is it a social thing where I can try dodge MDV? It isn't really something to react to... but she is trying to resist it without letting on so that probably requires something on my part.

As for the carriage, Perc + Inv + 2 stunt = 8 dice.

Amera rolled the following on her 8 dice:

1, 9, 7, 3, 5, 9, 7, 9

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 5 successes.

- success +1 wp

It is a dodge MDV thing in this case, at least the way you stunted it. It is effectively a social attack. He'll get a chance to roll if he sees through your deception. Go ahead and get a two-die stunt for the MDV and the carriage roll, if one succeeds, you get the reward.

Manip + socialize + 2 stunt = 5 dice

Amera rolled the following on her 5 dice:

3, 8, 7, 1, 10

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 4 successes.

Using WP to defend -1 wp

Personal _18_|_18_

Peripheral _32_|_43_

WP _4_|_6_

The Ebon Dragon checking out some tail or that's no pumpkin...

The Ebon Dragon smiles at Amera "Ah, it is a kabuki theater to start, along with dinner during the entertainment."

A coachman opens the door, allowing Amera inside as she looks around briefly.

The coachman himself is vaguely human in outline...but that's all there is. He, and the other driver, appear to be living shadows. As you watch your step getting up, you notice a bat-like wing nestled under this side of the carriage, flexing slightly.

The Dragon offers his hand to help you up, and as you step inside, your eyes adjust to the dim insides, and a motherly woman, with a certain attractive cast to her features greets you in what appears to be a changing room. She has brilliant blue eyes and wears rich greens and browns, a peasant top and long skirts, obscuring her feet.

"Ah, Amera, we simply must get you changed for your evening out." She smiles broadly, her not-unimpressive bosom heaving enticingly.

--------------------------------------

Success on the spot the weird things with the coach roll.

Amera, underdressed in a carriage with wings

Amera looked down at her simple dark tunic an pants, "Ah, yes. I'm sorry, my things are... somewhere, I should have something more appropriate in there."

Mara, sultry matron

She tsks lightly "Well, if you went out to grab them, we would be late. Don't fret though child, I brought several outfits for you to try on."

She gestures toward an impressive closet and dresser.

You'll note that the Dragon is nowhere to be seen, it appears you went into this area on your own.

---------------------------------------

Perception + Bureaucracy for the clothes, and Appearance + Craft:(Whatever clothing is)/somethingRelevantToFashion

Amera, like shopping without the money

Amera looks around making sure she wasn't mistaken, "Oh, I'm sorry, thank you. Hmm, where to start."

Amera leafed respectfully through the proffered outfits, making light commentary for the attendant's benefit. Amera had found that attendants and clothiers liked that. Sigh, why must everything remind me of the last job.

The outfits seemed to cover a very wide range of styles, many of which were not familiar to her, and ran the range of propriety from proper dragon court wear to scant pieces that surely left little to the imagination. no really I think that one is made of some sort of clear silk... Oy, surely my choices are going to be interpretted somehow. Maybe she has some ideas.

Amera turned to the woman, "There are so many choices, do you know what sorts of things would be appropriate for the occasion, or perhaps you could tell me what he would prefer?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Perception + Bureaucracy + 2 stunt = 5 dice

Amera rolled the following on her 5 dice:

6, 3, 5, 5, 8

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 1 successes.

Appearance + Socialize + 2 stunt= 6 dice

Amera rolled the following on her 6 dice:

3, 3, 7, 5, 8, 8

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 3 successes.

Mara knows a thing or two about dressing for success

As you look over these outfits, you notice a few things.

First, they're all expensive, you couldn't place them all in a price range, but some of the better ones are...well, more money than you've seen before.

Second, when you look over them all, including some of the ones you thought more 'chaste', they all have a subtle style of perversion to them. The one consisting of a g-string and two bows is rather blatant, but even the concealing clothes use color, cut, and materials to draw the eye to erogenous zones. Many of these same clothes would have done wonders in your days as a temptress, and it's impressive how subtle some of these are.

Mara smiles. "Ah, I believe he enjoys them all...however, for one such as yourself..." She reaches into the closet and pulls out a dress.

On first blush, it is a crimson dress with a high-neck collar and short sleeves, with patterns of phoenixes and dragons (black of course) wandering across the dress. Taking it, you feel the material is thin, and even though the dress reaches down rather far, there is a long slit on either side, making sure you won't have a hard time walking or running in it.

"Would you like to try it on?" She gestures to a full-length mirror in front of you.

----------------------------------------------

If you wish to try it on, please roll me:

Appearance or Perception + Socialize or Presence

and

Intelligence + (Lore, or something else dealing with cultural information I guess) (You can roll this even if you don't try it on)

Amera

Amera looks the dress over, "Oh, thank you. Yes, I will give it a try."

Amera slips it on and studies herself in the mirror, subtly adjusting to the features of the dress and how best to use them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance + Pressence = 7

Amera rolled the following on her 7 dice:

4, 9, 2, 3, 2, 4, 8

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 2 successes.

Intelligence + Lore = 3

Amera rolled the following on her 3 dice:

10, 1, 6

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 2 successes.

Mirror, Mirror

You have to do very little adjusting...and in fact can do little adjusting. The dress seems to have been crafted just for your body. The material is quite thin, and despite covering most of your body, would hide nothing underneath it, including any underclothes. The slit goes up about an inch above your waist, with a crimson and onyx cord even with your crotch that holds it closed there, giving a slight amount of decency.

But the subtlest part of the dress itself is the placement of the phoenixes and the dragons around the dress. While initially they seemed somewhat random, seeing it on your body shows something else. One breast is surrounded by a curling dragon, ebony in color, while the other is cupped by a phoenix. similarly, a Dragon winds its way down your stomach to the valley between your legs, its head resting there teasingly, and your butt has one on each cheek.

And in most other places, they look to be coupling, with groups of them flowing toward the other areas, drawing the eyes of any who care to look.

As you stare at the riot of animals attempting to mate on you, and the ones enticing the eye, you are reminded of a cultural lesson that your guild leader gave you years ago, and you realize what kind of dress this is a mockery of.

It's a realm wedding dress.

Mara calls out from behind the curtain. "Is everything alright dear?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Good luck!

As a note, this is a modified Chinese Wedding Dress, and Dragons and Phoenixes represent the balance of male and female power.

Amera

Amera steps from behind the curtain, "It seems to fit." She pauses a moment to straighten up her hair, twisting it into a tight knot on the back of her head. "Ok, I think I'm ready."

A Whole New World

Mara's lips spread seductively into a smile as she sashays around you, examining your outfit. "Very...exquisite my dear. Yes, I believe you are ready."

She walks back to the door you came in at, and opens it, helping you step outside...

...into the bright light of Ligier, and onto the waiting arm of the Ebon Dragon, charming as ever.

Ahead of you appears to be a pagoda with a sin-red carpet rolled out ahead of you.

Demons of all shapes, sizes, and anatomies line the walk, cheering and catcalling, though none reach out to grab you...the Dragon has you, and none would dare risk his wrath for placing a hand upon one so taken...

...no matter how they lick their lips.

"Ah, Amera my dear, that dress is simply delicious on you. I must thank Mara again for suggesting it. This is the playhouse, The Inn of A Thousand Stories. I do hope you'll enjoy the play." He smiles disarmingly and looks down into your eyes.

--------------------------------------

Please Roll me Integrity + Willpower. You're attempting to not be overwhelmed by the lavish attention being given to you. Feel free to stunt if you wish.

Amera, The Inn of a Thousand Stories

Pleased to have the approval of the aide, Amera stepped out to once again be taken aback by the image of Nalor. Once mentally recomposed she takes in the scene around her.

RUN!

Her mind screams at her, monsters she couldn't imagine even after walking the streets of this place, line the entrance of the theater carousing and licking their myriad lips. She doesn't bolt, not yet. Slowly she comes to realize what is going on. They aren't cheering and salivating in preparation for eating her, or at least she's pretty sure about that part, not eat in the literal sense anyway. But, the eyes and jeers of the monsters tingle like fingers and claws on her skin. Instantly self consious in a way she'd never been before Amera retreats a bit letting her hard outer shell take the abuse, walking confidently with a sense of security far beyond what she actually felt.

She turns when she hears him speak, and remembers her challenge from before. Returning the smile she walks on in silence.

To think that I could find a place like this charming. This guy must not get out much. I mean, it's a nice enough place, but even a palace loses it's charm after a bloodbath or two.

Amera thinks back to her escapades. One to talk she was, should she not think this was some grand party then? Surely that is what he means it to be. The demons and monsters gathered here won't hurt me, not with him here, perhaps not even then.

Leaving the disturbing thoughts for later, she did her best to be worthy of the arm of a king. That afterall, was her job, and she fully intended to win her little challenge to herself. An almost self-satisfied smile managed to creep onto her face as she carefully tried to gauge the expectations of her host.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WP + Integrity = 8 +2 stunt

Amera rolled the following on her 10 dice:

5, 2, 4, 8, 6, 9, 7, 5, 2, 2

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 3 successes.

Basically she was preparing for some sort of enchanting evening and for some reason that doesn't really include scores of demons just yet... so I'm not sure how you'd say she's defending, but I think that's how she feels. I guess it is just defending via the attention almost being overwhelming in a way he didn't intend it to be, and then her resolve to prove to herself she could do what she had set out to do.

The Inn of a Thousand Stories, only two this evening.

Ebby, as he's known to his close friends, holds out your chair to sit. The entrance had been similarly buzzing with demons (literally, in the case of the Beauteous Wasps) and one or two human thralls. This is not the throngs and hordes which were outside, the rabble had to get far cheaper seats to far cheaper theaters than this.

A waiter scurries by on far too many legs, with far too many arms holding a great number of trays of fruits and drinks. He sets a bottle of what looks like sake down in front of both of you, as well as a pair of small cups, both made of Malfean Porcelain.

He then sets down what looks like a cantaloupe, though the skin looks more like lead. Plates and silverware are also whisked in front of you.

The Ebon Dragon pours a cup for both of you, and then gestures to the fruit. "Would you care to split the squash my dear Amera?"

---------------------------------

Keep in mind your penalty for the rest of your stay here.

No rolls at the moment, unless you want to do anything specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back