[Dancers in Emerald Twilight] Cleaning House - Jarren Mar

NoisyCricket

Elder Member
A Scroll

The Scroll Jarren Mar was given by a servant was created from...Demon skin? Probably. It was a message from one of The Ebon Dragon's 3rd Circle souls, ordering the Bureaucrat to Octavian's fiefdom in order to assist him with some matters of inefficiency there, and since he had given such a nice gift to Jarren's Unquestionable earlier that same year, it had deigned to loan out the services of Jarren as a gesture of goodwill.

------------------------------

Feel free to give me a Perception + Occult roll on the demon skin. You can also give me an Intelligence + Occult roll on Octavian.

Also, feel free to give a brief description of the manse and the servant if you wish.

'Xin' Mar

Jarren read the scroll lazily, reclining in his soft plush chair. He sank into the leather cushions in the cool air of the manse.

He stroked his short beard, thinking deeply. Octavian... he was the huge one, wasn't he.. the Quarter Prince, I believe. He snatched his empty cup from its place on the end-table and held it beneath the water spout. He watched it refill itself; one of the manses many conveniences. It always amazed him, no matter how many times he say it. Water, just like that. He took a cool refreshing drink, and tossed the scroll aside.

"I suppose I should go" he mused, to no one in particular. "Nobody ever got ahead by pissing off the boss."

He pulled himself up out of the chair and swung his mantle over his shoulders. He paused to grab his walking stick, and then stepped out into the streets of Malfeas. He gave the stick a tap against the hard brass street, and gave a whistle.

A demon pulled up shortly with his carriage. Jarren climbed inside and gave an imperious look to the driver. "Octavian's Residence." He leaned back into the seat, and pondered what Octavion wanted.

-------------

Perception + Occult: 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=2 = 1 success

Int + Occult: 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=8 = 3 success

Results and moving

You aren't sure what kind of skin the demon came from, but it is Demon Skin.

As for Octavian, the Quarter Prince is known for collecting clocks as artistic pieces. He is a 2nd Circle demon of She Who Lives In Her Name. He is well-known for his expansionist tendencies, ruling over a full quarter of a layer of Malfeas.

The ride takes a fair bit of time, a few hours, before arriving at Octavian's Tower.

------------------------------------------

Feel free to make a post for what you're doing as you ride, then off to Octavian.

Jarren Mar

Jarren sits quietly in the carriage, watching the roads of Malfeas pass by.

After many years of ruling a kingdom, he found it was never wise to make plans or guesses without all the information in hand. A wrong theory was almost always worse than no theory. Best to go into the unknown with a clear mind, free of prejudice or incorrect attempts at foresight.

Jarran folded his hands in his lap, and counted the bumps in the streets of Malfeas as the carriage traveled. He hated the carriages in Malfeas; it always made him feel sick when they abruptly flipped over onto the other side of a layer. Not to mention when they passed another carriage going the other way, upside down, on one of Jacint's roads.

The Tower of the Quarter Prince

The tower is harsh-looking, much like its master, though not without a sort of primal majesty. Jarren has seen similar constructs in his time, though none quite as grandiose as this.

A pair of blood apes guard the doors, their coats dyed in matching colors. They stand at something approximating attention as you approach.

---------------------------------

Feel free to give me a Perception + Awareness/Lore/War roll. Just one, they'll give the same information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back