[Dancers in Emerald Twilight] A Party In Hell

NoisyCricket

Elder Member
The streets were silent, but for once, not quite so fearful, as all and sundry in Malfeas gather to watch the procession with Amera at its center. The pace is quick, as befits a beloved child of Adorjan, but it is also erratic.

Those others in the procession must keep pace with the young Scourge, lest they be swallowed up by her Silent patron, or simply left behind to miss out on more festivities....

..though none can say as to which, for today, today is silent.

Amera, trick running in Malfeas

Amera ran through the silent streets twisting now and again to leap off of a brass protuberance or a surprised onlooker. In each spin her eyes flashed green as she assessed the crowd that was following her. She was eager to get where they were going and meet others like her, but she wasn't sure what to expect from them. So far it had been a whirlwind of training and pampering and it was hard not to get caught up in the celebration. Even if it was a quiet one she was sure she heard the faint laughter of her patron in her mind as the motley procession ran to keep up.

Amera is dashing as necessary for DDJ, but not going to full speed unless someone challenges her to a race.

Death-Dealing Journey is up and Insignificant Embers Intuition is getting activated semi-regularly to scan the various followers.

3m personal

Personal: 15 / 18

Peripheral: 32 / 43

The gathered crowd whizzes by for the most part (though some demons manage to keep up fairly easily, none seem bold enough to challenge a Princess such as yourself to a race).

The Lioness's burning emerald eyes smoulder on various beings in the crowd, some you could swear are human, others are obviously anything but.

The procession draws closer to something glistening in the distance, though it's hard to make out from here.

-----------------------------

Give me four rolls for Insignificant Embers Intuition

Also feel free to give me a regular Perception + Awareness roll for the thing in the distance.

The first flash shows a glimpse of a localized tornado of feathers. The feathers are of all types, shapes, and sizes. Curiously, they all seem to be slightly off for each species of bird you think they would belong to. Here, a pigeon feather that is too large. There, a hawk's plumage slightly off-color. As you watch, the sizes, shapes, and colors shift, as though responding to scrutiny.

Its ember burns dimly (Essence 2)

The second flash shows a man who might be dragonblooded, his features tinted by sea-green eyes, wisps of seaweed in his hair. Black Jade light armor adorns his form.

His ember burns somewhat brighter (Essence 3)

A shadow watches, violet eyes glinting from somewhere on its form (it is hard to tell if the shadow is due to the overhang it resides under, or if it is part of the creature's nature.

His ember roars compared to yours (Essence 6)

One last flash shows a tall, incredibly thin being with dark skin and bright golden eyes. He stares at you for a moment before turning away. His clothes are finely made, and you catch a glint of a silver chain as he turns.

His ember is quite impressive (Essnce 7)

Your eyes make out a startling amount of detail of the structure on the horizon. It appears to be a palace or a mansion constructed almost entirely of glass. The building is quite large, and seems to be constructed in the fashion you requested...

...welcome home.

-----------------------

Go ahead and describe how the palace looks, since you asked for it earlier, also feel free to do whatever you want on your way there, but we'll assume you get there after/on your next post (unless you do something else).

As the procession approaches, the glass structure strains further up above the road. Long tendrils of silvery translucent rope or vine snake from the bottom of the structure and seem to be holding it down rather than aloft. The structure itself is a cunningly complex juxtaposition of facets of glass fused with a slate gray metal splashed over with vitriolic veins. It seems to defy pattern yet even from the outside it is clear to see function was not lost on the designer. Several platforms jut from the structure further up. One is completely open while others have various porticoes and enclosures.

With a masterful series of leaps Amera flings herself up onto the uncovered platform. As she leaps she can see that the tendrils appear to be anchored to some dark stone boulders. Or she thought boulders, one of them looks up to watch her bounding along and nearly throws off her aerial display. The gothic arched entrance is flanked by a pair of teodozjia who pause their scans of the procession to gaze upon the princess they have been called to serve. To the side a small host of the beautiful wasp creatures stands waiting.

Proceeding inside her ears are assaulted by a cunningly understated music. Harp, sanxian and drums accompany an angelic voice singing in an unknown tongue which echoes quietly through the mansion without loosing harmony with each previous echo.

Soon it makes a bit more sense as the singer becomes visible swimming behind a pane of glass. In the air in front of it a tall thin looking demon woman waves harp-like fingers while small metallic crab like creatures accompany on drum and sanxian.

The space seems to morph slowly to the song, but the changes only provide aesthetic effect rather than rearranging the whole mansion.

Moving on Amera finds richly appointed chambers for herself hidden by layers of smoked glass from the outer structure. She hadn't specified all of this opulence, but perhaps one could adjust. The fur that draped her bed was the most exquisite thing she had ever felt. In one area there was a cage of the gray metal suspended and separated from the glasswork. The whole room was far more reinforced and a number of weapons and training tools were hung around on the walls.

There were many rooms with unappointed purpose waiting for her to define some use for them. At present they undulated most as the music used them to modulate itself.

Arrayed around the top most layer was a martial retinue of demons clad in armor accompanied by other demons with spines and clanking cloud demons. They snapped to attention at her presence and the leader of the group informed her they were her personal force to command should she have need of them. She couldn't think of a reason she would, but these at least seemed far more refined than some of the hulking beasts that she had seen wandering the streets.

Taking quite a few liberties and such, but... we've got some teodozjia, agata, demjen, anglyakae, and up on the roof, baidaks with firmin and tomescu. Mostly I figure the fighters are there to protect the place, but who knows some muscle could be handy one day.

The main parts of the manse are feather steel and glass construction. The movement and such is I figure the demjen manipulating the feather steel.

The various martial demons stand at attention (roughly...it is somewhat difficult to tell with Tomescu), and after a short moment they turn and salute a figure approaching you and your retinue.

He walks in, gait martial and controlled, a spotless military uniform (It appears to be a combination of the clothes you have favored in Malfeas, the Ebon Dragon, and Adorjan). He has a cape and a monocle perched upon one eye. At his side is a polished and well-taken care of dress-sword.

He is, in short, the strangest looking Blood Ape you have ever seen. But even his appearance does not prepare you for what comes next.

He makes a full bow and then salute before speaking.

"Madam, or Your Excellence, whichever is your preference, please be welcome to your humble abode. I am Horatio, the Captain of your household guard. I am honored to serve you and am proud to inform you that my men have been patrolling clockwise and anti-clockwise around the premises since its creation. They have, of course, been handpicked by myself for their discretion in the household of a refined lady such as yourself."

He takes your hand and kisses the back of it before smiling...which is a bit more pleasant than a normal Erymanthoi's. "Would Madam care for a cuppa?"

He offers his arm.

--------------------------------------------

I have no words.

Amera took his arm stunned by the juxtaposition of his form and his manner. "Uh, no thanks. I think I'm supposed to get back to the party or something... I never know what I am supposed to do here. It looks like everything here is in perfect order though."

As they walk back to a lower level she adds, "Oh, hmm, could you send someone to keep an eye on a, um, friend for me? The agatae Lucent Wing. I didn't see him in the procession. He should know I still plan to take care of our mission. And.. I think he was worried for his safety. Can you make sure nothing bad happens to him for me?" Ugh, I sound like some blathering incompetent and a soft hearted one at that. I can't have my first task fail, and bugger if I know anything about solar essence.

"I will have need of his skills tomorrow and would be greatly inconvenienced if something were to happen to him before then."

"Fuck, I need to hit something, all of this parading around is getting confusing." Amera gulped a grin back when she realized she'd said the last allowed. There was something about Horatio that made her feel like she didn't need to justify herself. Maybe it was the complete strangeness of him, or the sense that he was hers, or maybe she had just gotten tired of being on the defensive all the time.

Horatio pats her arm in a somewhat comforting gesture. "Of course Madam. You may stay here as long as you wish. You are a Princess after all, there is no need for rush for you today. Tomorrow shall be the Thing Infernal according to your schedule."

"As for your friend, I shall dispatch our swiftest messengers to him at once." He motions to three winged creatures, all of whom salute, await instructions, then depart immediately in different directions.

"As for hitting something, I believe that can be accomplished." He leads you on into the palace, past several rooms until at last you reach a wide courtyard.

One side opens out into the empty air, though there appears to be a mobile guardrail of some sort, it is down at the moment. The courtyard has targets, practice dummies, and practice and real weapons of all types. There are several demons here who are practicing katas and drills at this very moment.

Amera, the courtyard, learning to be a princess?

Princess... right... and all those powerful beings out there... hmmm

"No need for the Madams, Horatio. I'm just Amera here."

She stretches breifly and looks around the room. "You there," she says picking out one of the demons, "care to spar with me?"

Her hands itch to flick out the blades of her gauntlets, but she resists the urge... for now. She steps into the courtyard and adopts the form of the tiger. Her essence flares across her brow as she watches her chosen opponent.

go go gadget tiger form

5m peripheral

Personal: 15 / 18

Peripheral: 27 / 43

The demon looks at Amera with what appears to be a grin.

The demon is about 5'9" made of crystal or glass. Prisms make up his (it appears vaguely male) eyes and teeth, creating a dazzling rainbow when he smiles. It is holding what appears to be a foil made out of the same material. He throws up a salute with his blade and stands in a ready position a few feet away from you, sword held in a defensive posture.

Horatio steps back, "Of Course Madam Amera." You can't tell if he is being sarcastic or not, though he appears to be ready to judge this bout.

Give me a Perception + Melee/Martial Arts before you begin the match. You may also give me an Int + Occult roll to learn more about the demon.

Amera arches an eyebrow at the formalized gesture and gives the demon a hard once over trying to figure out what to expect. She sighs internally at Horatio's address, but tries to focus on the task at hand.

Is this guy serious?

Insignificant Embers Intuition!

per + MA = 9

9d10.hits(7) → [10,4,6,3,10,10,3,1,1] = (3)

6 suxx!

Int + occult = 3

3d10.hits(7) → [2,8,6] = (1)

1 suxx!

He continues to stand there, and Horatio begins prattling on about something about the inherent nobility of the dueling tradition.

Watching him walk, as well as his stance, you would guess he might well focus on speed. His foil seems almost a part of him (and in the demon world, that very well could be true), so it is difficult to tell if he uses MA or Melee, or some mixture of both.

His ember is definitely dimmer than yours. Essence 2.

He's of a species called colloquially"flashing fencers". You aren't sure of more than that.

Amera extends a single claw from each gauntlet and mimicks his salute. As she finishes the last motion she blasts forward lunging to get past the length of the blade and leave a scratch on her opponent.

JB = 7 dice + 2 stunt

7d10.hits(7) → [6,7,4,8,1,6,4] = (2)

2d10.hits(7) → [9,5] = (1)

3 suxx

Having closed with her opponent, Amera retracts her claws and gives the man's midsection a solid pummeling letting off some steam as it were.

flurry of 3 attacks

Attack 1 - 3: 9, 8 suxx

Attack 2 - 4: 8, 6 suxx

Attack 3 - 5: 7, 3 suxx

Speed 5, DV-3

Base dmg: +5B

vs DV7, 3B hardness, 3B soak

Attack 1 dmg: 6-3: 3 dice for one damage ah ah ah

A shower of glass accompanies your first strike, sliding effortlessly by his raising foil. The fencer manages to batter away your next two attacks, drawing your fists more and more off target before pulling back, flourishing his blade, and thrusting forward with a tinkling sound and a rainbow of light flashing off his blade, dazzling you with the reflected glory of Liger.

The rainbow of light is actually a charm for temporarily blinding you. It will reduce your DVs by 2 as a...we'll say Crippling/Illusion effect (you may defend against it with charms or abilities that work against either).

Let me know if you need to stunt a defense or anything, then I'll post his attack. His attack is piercing, as it's the nature of a foil to be.

Ow! Hey, what kind of sparing is this? Cheating with glares, grr. The blades slide back out as Amera darts back inside the reach of the blade and tries to pounce upon the agile prey.

The blades flash gold and black like tiger moving through the jungle. Alternating flashes and darkness they close on the fencer of glass. You shouldn't anger a tiger, and Amera had embraced the persona of a tiger, a very angry tiger.

activating leap from cloaking shadows attack to reduce the fencer's DV by MA (6)

Attack = 16 dice + 2 stunt

8 suxx

vs DV 7, hardness 3, soak 3

Base Damage = 16L + 1 suxx - 3 soak = 14L

6 levels of dmg

Speed 5, DV -1

4m personal

Personal: 11 / 18

Peripheral: 27 / 43

The sound of cracking glass accompanies your strike. Your claws are buried within the fencer's chest, while the demon stands still and unmoving, like a delicate sculpture.

Horatio gives a stiff nod in approval. "Very well done Princess Amera. Do you wish to dispatch him, or shall he be taken to hospital to recover?" He is holding a tea tray, and appears completely unruffled by the violence.

You have no idea how he got the tea out here so fast, but even from here, it smells quite good.

Amera stands stunned for a moment with her hand inside the glass and then slowly pulls it out, "Um, sorry, you, um.." Amera turns to Horatio and retracts her claws, "Let him recover, that was fun and different."

Walking over she takes a cup of tea tentatively smelling it before sipping.

With a sigh she adds, "I suppose I shouldn't keep them all waiting much longer, but uh, maybe there is something here to wear other than this dress...?" She carefully removes a few bits of glass while indicating the wedding dress perversion she had been slipped into earlier.

Horatio gives a crisp military nod and waves over two more of the glass demons...both looking much larger than the one you fought. "Get this swaddy to hospital."

He sweeps his arm to a doorway to the inner palace from the courtyard you are in. "Please, follow me Madam Amera."

He leads you down an elegant hallway (though you note that it is relatively defensibly-minded still). Art lines the halls. Doors lead to various rooms.

Finally, he stops at the end of the hallway at a large, double-doored room. "This is your private quarters my Princess."

He opens the door for you, then steps back, revealing the room that lies within.

OOC: Welcome to your room! Describe it as you will. There will be a wide variety of clothes inside, risque, discrete, practical, casual, and formal...as well as mixtures of each.

her room has been described a bit already

:P Amera moves past the bed of furs to the open panel door. It revealed a hemisphere of clothes racks and shoes. Amera disapeared among them for a moment and then returned wearing lightweight dark pants and a black leather jerkin. The ensemble was not that different from what she prefered to wear when on an evening kill, but the material was much nicer than her old set. Regarding herself in a mirrored wall pannel she remembered where she was going and grudingly returned to the closet. Unwilling to sacrifice comfort she fastened a luxurious cape of emerald around her shoulders that perfectly matched her eyes and walked back out to Horatio.

"Alright, lets get this thing done."

Horatio leads you out to the courtyard, where a glass carriage awaits.

The carriage is fairly standard, though as opulent as the rest. It is clear all around, though, perhaps for some amusement, there are privacy curtains over the windows...and only the windows.

It is pointed so as to leave the castle, and drawn by 8 tiny crystalline spiders...none of which appear to have a red nose.

There does not appear to be a road leading to the rest of Malfeas, however.

Amera swept into the carriage with a certain small bit of determination letting the cape flow around her.

She looked back at Horatio and then forward to the spiders, "To the Thing."

At least I won't have to worry about not being able to see where we are going...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back