• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

{Dak and Auren} The Vampires Bite

Dak

Dakiest Dak their is
(Hey sorry this is so late. Work has been a little crazy)

It was a dark night. The only light illuminating the whole city was the moon. The silver hue left the whole city in an amebic state. It was calm, and not a lot of people were out. It was that time of the month. The time when one of the unsuspecting member of the city dies mysteriously. The nature of the death is quite interesting. All the bodies are the same all, the skin is pale and cold to the touch. All of them have another thing in common, two little red dots on the victims neck. The authorities still have no clue about these mysterious deaths so they sent a letter out.

"To whom ever this may concern,

We are interested in hiring you and your organization to help us. We have had some recent deaths that are mysterious, almost supernatural to us. All of the victims have the same three things. Pale, cold skin, and two little red marks on their necks. We seek aid in our time of need. Please send help as soon as you can, before another victim is taken.

Mayor David."

Last edited by a moderator:
Isolde received the message in a rather timely manner. After reading over its contents, she briskly decided to take care of the matter herself. She had yet to find the vampire that killed her family, and one could say she held a personal vengeance against any and all vampires because of it. She wouldn’t let the Mayor know that the head of her organization was to travel to the town, as that held too many security risks for her organization. Instead, she wrote a quick, simple message in reply.

[border]Mayor David,

A dispatch has been alerted to your town’s disposition, and will arrive shortly. They will have a letter of confidence detailing a manner of contract and payment that must be fulfilled before our organization can properly handle the investigation. They will find you, so no disclosure of a meeting location is necessary.

Well Wishes,

Whom It Concerns
[/border]

With that, she and a small team of three headed to the town with paper in hand. They arrived only two days later, and Isolde set out to find her contact, and settle the details of her organization's contract of work with him.

@Dakup

David was sitting within his office when a beautiful women walked in. He felt something, the presence that she gave off was very big, and very powerful. David was doing some paperwork when she entered. He set his pen down and stood up. "I take it your here about our mysterious deaths... Well firsts I would like to say thank you for making great haste, my people are starting to get a little restless. But where are my manners, I am David, just David."

"A pleasure to meet you, David," Isolde said as she kept to rather polite conversation. "As always, I sincerely hope the disappearances aren't from a paranormal experience, but we won't know for sure until we look into it."

With that, Isolde rolled out a piece of paper and sat it upon David's desk. "Speaking of, this is our contract of service. Read over what you will, it's just the usual politic things in the matter, sign, and I'll take half the payment forward,"she said, keeping to business. She watched the man carefully. He wasn't unattractive, but she had seen many men like him in her travels. She was here for her business first, and in her line of occupation, she rarely had time for relationships.

She observed the man's room, looking over the objects that he kept close. She did take note that he had no pictures of family. Then she looked towards David again. "Ah. And I forgot. My name is Isolde."

David smiled at her. "Well then I guess I have nothing to worry about." He said as he signed the new read papers that were on his desk. He took out a slip of paper. "I'm sorry I didn't full know about the half now- half later... Um if you bring this to the cities treasurer, he will give you the pay." He stood up from his chair and walked over to the point where she was standing. "Now there is something I must tell you. These deaths happen on the first Thursday of the month, which was a few days ago. I understand that you guys are going to try and nip this problem in the bud as soon as possible, but I am asking that you do it quietly, and quickly. I don't want my citizens to know about the paranormal."

@Auren

Last edited by a moderator:
Isolde retrieved the signed contract and the paper that was supposed to grant her half her required price for her services. She moved very slowly and deliberately as she gathered her things. "We will work on things with how we see fit, and we always try to be discrete. But, the concern of the citizens and their ignorance of the danger presiding it their town is not a concern of mine, Mayor," she said, looking at him rather pointedly. She placed her parchments into her jacket pocket before taking a step toward the door. "If there is nothing esle to discuss, I will collect my pay and start my investigation." She paused to see if David had anything more to add.

"One more thing... these have been happening to people that have been out late at night. In the same place... in the docks. Its usually found by one of the dock workers the next day, But this one was in the town square so I don't know maybe there are more, or maybe its getting bolder. Either way its a pest. if you wouldn't mind I would have someone join you from the police. He's our best cop and he could help get some of the people's assistance along with knowing the locations, and I won't take a no for an answer. I want him on this."

Isolde watched the man for a moment more with narrow eyes. "He may join us on the investigation part, but we will take care of the creature when the time comes. In the past, untrained civilians are more of a hinderence than a help when it comes to these... problems," she said. She paused for a moment before adding. "Where is this cop?"she asked.

There was a creaking sound as the door opened. "I really hate that word... Cop..." In walked a man with a very strong square jaw and a deep baby blue eyes. He had short blonde hair. "...I prefer detective. It sounds a whole lot better." He said as he walked over next to the women that was standing in the mayors office. "Good evening mayor... I take it this is the reason why you asked me to come in, so I could babysit some people... You know the case I am working on is important, I need to find out what happened with the disappearances..."

David signed. "Yes well that maybe but these people are going to help you with the investigation. Christoper this Isolde, Isodle this is detective Christopher banks. Our person that has been looking into the disapperances."

(?)

Isolde watched as a man walked in. She started to wonder if everyone in the town had an attractive appearance, but she mentally waved the thought away. She gave this detective a cold smile. "A pleasue," she said in a way that an uninterested cat might. She did not offer her hand for a shake, or any other pleasentries that came with politely meeting individuals.

"Anything else, Mayor? If not, I'll be collecting my half so that I may start my own investigation. Of course,"she looked to this Christopher,"you are more than welcome to tell me whatever information you have after I'm paid. I'm sure it is simply... interesting,"she said in a tone that meant she felt the man would be of no use to her. In her line of work, humans ignornant to the Other World did nothing but get in her way. And the moment they had their reality shifted with their newfound knowledge, they either fled in fear or stood in shock. Both were deadly once a being was being compromised, and Isolde prefered to not play protector and hunter.

If Christopher had any knowledge that would be useful to her, he would also have to know of the Other World, and that was not likely. While he could tell her of the disappearing people, their families, where they last were, and such, she couldn't tell him what she knew about the matter. Not unless the Mayor removed his request for her to keep the civilians ignorant. Though, she suspected they would find out. Friends and Family disappearing once a month wasn't something people kept quiet about.

(( accidentally did a post with a comma, and deleted it xD My Ipad was going a little wonky ))

David waved her off there was nothing else that he could give her when it came to information. But that didn't stop Christopher. He followed her out and into the hall. He put his hand on her arm, her skin was smooth and had a nice warmth. "Listen lady.. This might be just a job for you but it's more for me... I know all the victims, I'm the one who talks to the families."

He looked at her with his stone cold blue eyes. "I've been apart of this investigation for a long time and I have gone over every scinerio and none of them lead out... I've looked the bodies over thousands of times and it doesn't make sense." He sighed. "So I went beyond human. The two red dots on the neck, the pale skin, found only at night so, it all leads to one creature. A Vampire..." He sighed lightly. "So I take it that's why the mayor called you here. I don't know what your company does but he called you so I take it that it deals with vampires."

He cracked his knuckles. "The last victim was a good friend and colleague. I owe it to her to bring what ever this thing down. So I'm gonna help you on this... And if you don't then I am not going to give you anything on the case." He said a little coldly.

When the Christopher grabbed her arm, Isolde caught her reflex just in time to not swing her arm in such a fashion that would topple him onto the ground. She watched and listened as the man made his claims and she pretended to be pensive.

"Vampires? Well, that is a tad reaching, don't you think? Perhaps the killer wants to frame the murders as super natural beings in order to throw off the local police force?"she asked. The Mayor had said he wanted the populace ignorant, and she felt it was best to pretend that she didn't believe in such things. While his suspicions could be correct, he seemed far to willing to accept the fact. Most mortals had a bit of shock and disbelief for a few months to even a few years before coming to terms with what exists in the shadows. She'd seen this with many of her fresh recruits.

Isolde searched the man's face as he mentioned his comrade, but she made no smile to gentle her words. "You will help me on the investigation, but not until I get my half pay. Also, while the loss of your friend is unfortunate, this is a very serious case. We have a mass murderer on our hands, and he or she needs to be caught before they have a chance to pick a new victim for the next month. Personal vendetas do well for motivation, but don't get in my way when it comes to apprehanding the criminal," she gave him an icy stare of her own, and pulled her arm from his grasp.

Christopher sighed as she walked away. He walked outside the busing. He was out on the street. He looked up at the sky and sighed again. "Why are women so complicated?" He mumbled to himself. "...service and professionalism above all." The mumbled again. His phone went off. He looked down to see his sisters number. "Hey Jackie... Yeah... Sorry I got a lead on the case... Tell him that I'm sorry but my duty is to this city before myself... I know... I'm sorry... Sorry..yeah. Talk to you tomorrow. Ok love you... Bye."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back