Story Custom Destiny: Prologue

Msy

Year 1953

The sun lowered itself behind the mountains creating a rainbow of orange, blue's, yellow's, and purple's across the sky. In the beauty of it all, a shadow slumps across the dirt road - a boy, battered and tired. He had just got done with a fight specifically with an older, southern man who didn't take too kindly to his people's residents here in the town. A few slurs at each other was all it took before blood coated the ground and one man succumb to his defeat defining the one standing victor; Navacio.

Victory, however, didn't came without a price. Navacio had a specific curfew to abide to, and seeing as it's twilight, he was running late. If Navacio didn't make it back on time his sister would send his cousin to retrieve him - that's when he knows he's really in the deep end. The bruised boy didn't want to hear his sister's annoying rant and forced himself to jog leaving a fog of dust in his wake. The moon was beginning to peak behind the mountains prompting Navacio to pick up speed. He could hear the trees dance gracefully with the wind and the cold starting to bite at his skin generating shivers from his nerves but Navacio beared it and kept running on, more worried about getting scolded than the cold wind violently hitting his face.

Stars twinkle among the dark sky, the harsh pattering of dirt ripping through the quiet. Navacio's lungs were flaring abnormally, he was about to give out until his feet skid across the dirt to a halt, panting. Navacio can hear and feel his heart beat wildly against his ribcage and ears. Right before his eyes, an orb - black as the night sky itself like oil or tar - floats; no sound, no movement. Navacio reacted with curiosity - a normal human reaction to all things unknown to them - and a tinge of underlying fear. He was tempted to look closer, maybe, touch it but hesitancy held him back.

So many questions bounced in his head; what is it? Where did it come from? Is it dangerous? The more questions pop up, the more curious and allured he got. The moon had already risen above the mountains which means Navacio was not only past his curfew, he had been standing in front of this orb for more than an hour. Navacio realized this and contemplated whether, he should observed the orb closer. He debated with himself for hours before coming to a decision - he was going to touch it.

The boy, nervous beyond belief, inhaled and exhaled through his nose staring at the orb with complete focus. Navacio's legs, glued to the dirt, were pried off free from the ground and were force to take small strides; he can feel his heart rate increasing. Navacio reached out his hand, cold sweat forming at his temple. The orb sat there, still and silent, Navacio's steps were getting shorter and shorter in distance. Eventually, Navacio outstretch his fingers then his torso. Multiple beads of sweat slide down his cheek to his chin as his fingers stretch out as far as they can. The tips of his fingers graze against the orb.

The last thing he remembers was feeling dust.

------------------------------------------------------------

Humans. They have been here since, the very moment they breathed life into them. I didn't mind them, if anything, you could say I looked at them more as... amusing beings but, nonetheless, I tolerated them. There was even a time were I grew fond of them for their wide variety of philosophies, curiosities and the many emotions coming from that. Yes, nearly. Had I know that it was all going to go to shit. I would've annihilated them on the spot. But now, nothing could measure my anger, my damnation towards these beings. Nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------
Year: 2018

A tune, a song, plays with the wind. Dawn has come. The sky brightly blue as ever along with the clouds adding to the peaceful morning. A girl, no older than 15, lay half awake in her bed; insistent on sleeping. The chimes..... they soothe her. She grew to love those peaceful, beautiful, lullaby - like chimes that sang with mother nature. It was what helped her sleep, what swept all her anxieties and fears away. The young girl apathetically sat up raising her arms above to stretch her back from the weird fetal position she slept. Once, she stretched out her back her arms fell to her sides as she stares into the abyss; still drunk on sleep. She didn't want to go to school, in fact, she didn't want to do anything than snooze her life away. Unfortunately, reality is reality, there are responsibilities that come with living. Sighing, she force herself out of bed to get ready for her last day of school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back