[Custom] Charms, Artifacts, Manses... whatever... [Walking with the Darkness]

Shadowed Blade Mastery Style

Cost : none

Minimums : Melee 5, Essence 3

Type : Permenent

Keywords : Emotion, Mirror, Obvious

Duration : Permenent

Prerequisites : Blade Summoning Gesture

Forcing his soul into the least spirit of his weapon, the abyssal makes his weapon his in every way that matters. The little god or ghosts (in the case of soulsteel weapons) no longer have any say, the abyssal is the master here.

After using this charm to subsume the least spirit of his weapon, whenever the abyssal uses his weapon, it shimmers and is haloed with am aura of utter blackness that drinks light.

The weapon statistics are modified with an additional bonus equal to his permenent essence to its Accuracy, Damage, Defense and Rate. Unlike its solar mirror, the weapon empowered by this charm is not Holy. Instead it inflicts the terror of death whenever it inflicts damage, draining one Willpower unless the target spends motes equal to the Abyssal's Essence rating. Mortal extras who manage to survive an attack by the weapon drop prone and curl up in terror for the rest of the scene, too spiritually spent to defend themselves.

The charm can be used on a number of melee or martial arts weapons equal to the essence trait of the Abyssal. It should be noted that the charm violates the least spirit of the weapon in its use on multiple levels.

Mirror - The solar mirror charm "Divine Blade Mastery Style" functions identically, save that it has a Holy effect instead of the emotion effect. It also, needs not be said, isn't a violation of the least spirit of the lawgiver's weapons, rather it requests a fusion of the least spirit with the Solar's soul. One that the little god permits.

It's just a stat boost and nothing more... but yeah... damn those DBs with their sleek charms.

And yes, I've read Usagi Yojimbo, along with Space Usagi Yojimbo. :D

I mean more like, that's a decent Essence 4-5 charm. Essence 3 is pushing it pretty hard.

Also, here's a modification of a Solar/Abyssal charm for you!

GLORIOUS SOLAR SABER

Cost: 6m+, 1wp; Mins: Melee 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple

Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious

Duration: One scene

Prerequisite Charms: Call the Blade

The Essence of the Lawgiver manifests in a gleaming blade of the sun. This blade is always a glowing weapon that inflicts aggravated damage against creatures of darkness and sheds sunlight as bright as a torch. The Exalt can summon this weapon to her hand from anywhere it has fallen, as a diceless miscellaneous action.

The player deï¬nes the appearance of this blade when purchasing this Charm. She can also deï¬ne its weapon qualities, as follows. If she chooses a light, agile blade with Speed 3, she can divide a number of points equal to twice the Solar’s Melee score between its Accuracy, Defense, lethal damage, and Rate (at two points per one point of increased Rate). If she chooses a larger sword with Speed 5, she can divide a number of points equal to three times the Solar’s Melee score between its Accuracy, Defense, lethal damage, and Rate (again at two points per point of Rate increase). In both cases, Accuracy, Defense and Damage begin at 0 and cannot be lowered, while Rate begins at 1 and cannot be lowered. The player can change this choice and allocation only when the character raises her Melee score.

Alternatively, if the Solar is wielding a physical weapon equivalent to his or her Glorious Solar Saber, he or she may activate this charm and add the stats of his or her Glorious Solar Saber to the stats of the weapon in question, as well as all the effects of GSS.

Characters can use this Charm to summon paired blades, one in each hand. Doing so increases the Charm’s cost by four additional motes, to a total of 10 motes, one Willpower. Players wishing to have multiple options can purchase this another weapon a number of times equal to the character’s Melee. Each purchase deï¬nes a different blade with distinct properties, and costs 2xp or 1bp.

I think an Essence 5 Charm would be more like, you activate it when you kill someone, and their soul get sucked into the blade and gives it the properties of Soulsteel, but it only lasts as long as you're alive.

Haku said:
heh...
I see what you did there. :lol:
I fixed a broken charm! :lol:

Now you can build a weapon worth the spending of the motes...or pump the hell out of your own sword. Mirror version functions the same, only with Abyssal stuff instead of Solar Holy whatever, I don't have Abyssals open.

Haku said:
Shadowed Blade Mastery Style
Cost : none

Minimums : Melee 5, Essence 3

Type : Permenent

Keywords : Emotion, Mirror, Obvious

Duration : Permenent

Prerequisites : Blade Summoning Gesture

Forcing his soul into the least spirit of his weapon, the abyssal makes his weapon his in every way that matters. The little god or ghosts (in the case of soulsteel weapons) no longer have any say, the abyssal is the master here.

After using this charm to subsume the least spirit of his weapon, whenever the abyssal uses his weapon, it shimmers and is haloed with am aura of utter blackness that drinks light.

The weapon statistics are modified with an additional bonus equal to his permenent essence to its Accuracy, Damage, Defense and Rate. Unlike its solar mirror, the weapon empowered by this charm is not Holy. Instead it inflicts the terror of death whenever it inflicts damage, draining one Willpower unless the target spends motes equal to the Abyssal's Essence rating. Mortal extras who manage to survive an attack by the weapon drop prone and curl up in terror for the rest of the scene, too spiritually spent to defend themselves.

The charm can be used on a number of melee or martial arts weapons equal to the essence trait of the Abyssal. It should be noted that the charm violates the least spirit of the weapon in its use on multiple levels.

Mirror - The solar mirror charm "Divine Blade Mastery Style" functions identically, save that it has a Holy effect instead of the emotion effect. It also, needs not be said, isn't a violation of the least spirit of the lawgiver's weapons, rather it requests a fusion of the least spirit with the Solar's soul. One that the little god permits.
This looks like an excellent ultimate charm for a CMA using blades :)

But let's be serious, no cost, permanent and 12 (essence 3x 4 traits) bonus points allowed to a weapon... essence 3

I was going to go pure melee and war to be honest... ^_^ ;

Perhaps a scene long duration and a cost of 4 motes + 1WP per weapon enhanced? With paired weapons getting a total cost of 6 motes + 1 WP?

Can I point out that Presence charms are a must too ^^

Perhaps a scene long duration and a cost of 4 motes + 1WP per weapon enhanced? With paired weapons getting a total cost of 6 motes + 1 WP?
More like 8 motes + 1W, 12 motes for 2 weapons.
Also Essence 4.

Dunno about the type though, simple seems appropriate.

Counterpoint, cyl - the Dragon-Blooded get a very similar charm at Melee 6, Essence 6, and that's not only permanent but it also negates the need for any commitment, and can summon the weapon from anywhere in Meleex5 yards, and - if I recall - constantly have the effects of Refining the Inner Blade up.

Haku's charm is all right, just the Essence level is low. Essence 4 or 5 works better - 4, probably, because Solars/Abyssals are just That Damn Good.

Yeah maybe I was a bit harsh on the mote count.

Let's keep the 4-6 motes and the willpower, and make it reflexive instead of simple. Still, essence 4 :wink:

Ok here we go. I was contemplating using Dark Messiah, which in my mind always brings around at least two questions.

With Writhing Blood Chains, do you listen to the N tag, that means it can be used as an unarmed strike for Dark Messiah stuff, or the remark a few lines down saying it can't be used as an unarmed strike unless it is a form weapon. If you go with the latter, then there is a follow up question: Does my form drop if I make attacks with the chains, if it doesn't have them as a form weapon?

Next, the doozey. I interpret Void Avatar Prana as such, that it lengthens the simple charm action of the Form, allowing you to perfectly defend for 1m, and perfectly attack if struck bare-handed only for the 6 ticks that the form charm takes to go up.

To me, it is supposed to be a remedy to the "well fuck I would love to put up a form charm, but then I don't have a PD for those 5 ticks." problem.

What say ye ST of yore?

Cyl, are you allowing Merits and Flaws?

I think Merela should be the Artificer's protégé.

Momo:

- The N tag means the chains are considered natural weapons, ie you can't be disarmed.

- You can't use any of your martial arts charms while using them as weapons, unless the style allows you to use chains & whips (laughing wounds or ebon shadow styles)

- The chains act as extra actions (independant of flurries or charms or actions)... so you can use a flurry using the Dark Messiah Form AND you have your actions granted by the chains after. There is no interaction between each other. The only possible interactions are charms that are used with your action:

* ex: athletics using the chains to climb or to slow a fall

* MA charms with chains and whips as form weapons.

- Void Avatar Prana:

This is really poor writing... what I understand from it:

- you launch it in synergy with the form charm or an attack

- if cast with the form charm, the form charm then becomes a speed 6 action costing 6m 1w

- while used with the form charm, the deathknight can make perfect parries for a cost of 1M, only for 6 ticks. At that moment anyone touching the abyssal is hurt by unsoakable Essence L.

- after it can be used as a reflexive power FOR THE SCENE with an attack if the blow passed the DV (making it a step10) adding the damage to the attack.

- Arthur: yeah Merits & Flaws are allowed, I just have to check them first ^^

If I put three dots into a Set of Hearthstone Bracers, can I get it to give me these benefits? A five dice bonus to all Dodge attempts (as opposed to three dice), and the Piercing tag on attacks that use the Thrown Ability (instead of reducing Soak). They would 4 motes each to attune and you have to attune both (for a 8 mote commitment total).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back