• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
horso.jpg
Weather was warm and sunny on the island of Tapyoka, with the town of Rahull buzzing with activity. The Local fishermen ready the boats or check crab traps up just off the docks, the docks of Rahull like most days are packed with various ships conducting all sorts of business. Merchants unload and buy cargo here just as the pirates steal and sell their own goods. One ship that looked somewhat out of place was The pluck winds, a grand sloop built specifically for Boseph Bostak and his up coming battle with a monster. The captain, Avdoj Sora was discussing plans with sir Bostak... "Your certain the man will be here? That Waboe fella is said to be ah sneaky sort. Not the type tah leave ah trail much less make plans to meet where all manner of bounty hunters reside" Boseph tapped the rolled up scroll in his hand as he made his way off the Pluck walking the plank onto the docks with his newest companions. "Good captain I am sure Mr Zazoit is in Rahull, I could feel a presence as I stepped off the boat" "You mean the ship sir Bostak"
"of course, the ship. Sorry captain... please keep safe, we shall return at our earliest convenience." Boseph searched for any who had a encounter with the bleeding whale. It was most likely pure luck the man had been able to get in touch with two who had particular cursed powers. Almost as if those who are cursed seem fated to meet each other. "Harwick im happy to have your assistance, the captain's as well. I will admit Its been many years since i had a good explore of Rahull. Im not much a fan of the lifestyle choices but i can understand what drives a man to piracy. I would most likely have done similar to support my family if life were more unfortunate" The aged man thought outloud to Harwick "If we are to believe Mr Zazoit he should be staying at the ragged Dragon under the name of Yohan, I am certain it should be our concern to find this establishment and the good man Zazoit but I understand if you have personal business to attend to yourself. We have been on the water quite a while." Bobo looked to the man with a kind smile, empathetic to the fact they had been traveling at sea for months and may need a moment before Bostak's mission is resumed.

Waboe had been busy on Tapyoka, the ancient island of vampires. Searching where the first vampires lived, where the blood whale was summoned into this world... Not much could be found even if Waboe was to hire a crew of diggers to tear up the ruins and everything buried beneath. Instead the man focused his efforts to two other important matters. Killing vampires, aswell as rounding up cursed individuals who could help Bostak in his quest. He knew of six on the island of Tapyoka and ended up speaking to four of them. However... It's rather hard to keep such eccentric personalities in one place for so long.

As such only three men sat in the sunshine at a local establishment with the docks in view. 'Yahno' Red and Priest.
Red seems like a cheerful young man able to heal others by supernatural means. Waboe wasn't threatened by this one but Red certainly had something off about him. Tales of his charitable acts are as numerous as the ones about Red being a violent sadist who enjoys cutting himself open. Then there was a man who called himself Priest. Waboe heard stories of a shaman who could become any living thing he ate... A cursed power if he ever heard of one. Finding Priest was a harder task but eventually Waboe and the shaman met face to face.
After a brief show of powers Waboe was sure Priest wasn't a vampire as he didn't burn from the light of his arrows, thus inviting the strange man to meet Bostak was something he could tolerate for the time being.
Waboe cleared his throat and finished his drink before speaking.

"Priest, Red, you won't be waiting much longer... that ship there with blue sails and a black logo. That's Sir Bostak's ship. So long as you behave I am willing to introduce you to the man. Believe me when I say Bostak is a very wealthy man and working for him can result in you being wealthy yourself. He's a gentleman but he's tougher then most his age so don't try anything around or to the guy."
Waboe pointed out the ship and laid the rules out carefully as he wouldn't repeat himself or give out warnings.
==============
Keeping it somewhat small on the off chance more people rock up to play they can still be recruited before the team leaves the island. Rahull has everything from taverns to blacksmiths to brothels or knomage goods. There are no formal guards but the town is patrolled by pirates and thugs working for the council. The council being four big name pirate captains/criminal leaders who rule the island in a less then fair way. Taxing the locals and visitors as they see fit. If you have any questions ask me anywhere but here please and thank you
BananaMuffin BananaMuffin Necromantic Necromantic Shadow101 Shadow101

Last edited:
Aboard the Plucked Winds with the two seafarers was Harwick Peregrine, hunter and protector for the heir to the Bostak Fortune. Snippets of Boseph and Avdoj's conversation entered his ear as he surveyed the site, eyeing the merchant ships as their owners traded amongst the townsfolk. His failure years back had cost him greatly, erasing the eye that held half his aim and the presence he once held in areas such as these. However, it seemed fate had granted him a second chance: not only does a mysterious falcon come into existence whenever he commanded it but being one of Boseph’s recruits promised both prosperous wealth and an opportunity to go after the whale that ruined him. If he was careful with his newfound gifts, he'd be able to exact revenge on the beast someway.

Harwick perked up at the mention of his name, catching what the old man had said about the town and its pirates. Although Harwick agreed with the old man about understanding their occupation, he didn’t exactly follow the same logic. Ransacking thieves willing to betray you at any time were people he avoided staying with for long, but he had to admit some of the wares and stolen goods they were willing to part with were quality. Diamonds in the roughs he'd call the treasures that end up speckled throughout these kinds of markets. The opportunity to scout some for them were enticing, however he needed to keep his sights set on the task at hand now if he wanted a true shot at the whale again and chance was anything here wouldn’t come close to strong enough. Whatever coin he had at the moment would be better wasted on spirits at the Ragged Dragon.

“Thank you for your concern, Mr. Bostak, though no such business pertains to me I’m afraid.” He’d state with a gentle smile, though it didn’t reflect the same kind heartedness his patron had.

"Red"
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4d68584b6b654a4c6e7163556e413d3d2d323038302e313631386262346337623137633461613736353536353731313730332e6a7067.jpeg

He absolutely hated sitting around, doing nothing. With two people sitting around he might've thought that there'd be more of a conversation than Waboe talking about the ship and his conditions for his adventure once again. The vagrant didn't care to think of how often he'd repeated that when they were looking for Priest. It was almost as if he thought he was definitely going to cause problems...To be fair, that probably wouldn't have been far from the truth if he wasn't curious about Waboe's proposition. As long as he didn't keep him in one place for too long, he'd keep traveling with him.

"There're kids 'round, 'course I'll behave." He pointed toward a group of kids that seemed to be playing Pirates, "....'less ya want me to go cause some problems."

No matter how much more fun causing problems sounded, he figured he'd best abstain for now despite how he was crushingly bored. The adventure was something he wanted, and even he was apprehensive about causing a ruckus in a town full of pirates. He slowly picked at a piece of fish he'd been eating, despite how he wasn't interested in finishing it.

"If he's that tough, I hope he'll give me a fight. Gotta ask 'im later. Do ya think he'll want a demonstration of my healin'? I'll needa get someone willin' ta let me stab 'em..." Oh boy, he'd started talking, and of course everything that came out of his mouth was absolutely derranged. Still, this Bostak guy probably would need an example, and the eccentric vagrant was happy to oblige.
NeonFlow NeonFlow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back