Curse of Blackmarsh [Inactive]

Papyasandsunshine

Elder Member
Elegant+BW+-+Sweetly+Scrapped.png

CURSE OF BLACKMARSH

RP

Curse of Blackmarsh - "You have ruined my family and with my dying breath I curse this whole town!"

In the small wooded town of Blackmarsh there's more than just residents. There is a battle between what is right and what is wrong. There is a Coven of Witches, who follow traditions over 100 years old to keep this town in check. To carry out justice that is generations outdated. There is the cursed, who are being punished for the wrong doings of people they have no idea existed. So in the constant war between good and bad, you have to decide, what kind of side are you on?

Read more about this role play...

Last edited by a moderator:
MARY

Weekends. Mary loved weekends. The poor little girl didn't have many friends to share it with though so she spent most of her time in the park. It was cold November air that did a number to her but she couldn't break tradition. Mary would sit on that on bench and wait for people to walk by with their dogs so she can greet the animals. She never remembered the people's names, but their dogs were cute. Mary sat with her hands bare hands under her leg and looked around intently.

OPHILIA

Ophilia walked the town pressing her golved hands against the glass of a bakery. The cakes and bread looked very appealing so she took out her notepad and wrote the name of the bakery down. She was planning for her party, and she wanted it to be perfect. She wanted her guests to be happy. While she was taking a step back from the window, someone had bumped into her, making her drop her notepad into a cold mucky puddle and continue to walk a bit faster without saying "excuse me." Her eyes flickered and she gritted her teeth. She took off her gloves to put in her purse while she reached for the notepad but something was missing. She had been robbed by that person. Her hair rose slowly like it was static and her shadow moved like a black liquid.

LEVI

- - - - -

Levi had decided to stop himself for a little bit of coffee that morning. He had had another rough night sleep-wise the previous night and was tired as hell, and really needed something to wake him up a little bit more efficiently. With a deep, exasperated sigh, the man reached into one of his pockets and gripped his wallet with those spidery, long fingers of his. He was careful not to grip too tightly - the leather could very well burst with this odd strength of his. He stopped himself on the sidewalk and glanced around, getting his bearings on what direction the cafe he always went to was in, and turning himself to begin his stride in the direction he chose, his hands still in his pockets.

A few minutes of walking passed, and he eventually found himself wandering past a nice park in the area. He had been here a few times before just to sit and think. As always, the park was relatively quiet and peaceful. His eyes narrowed as his gaze danced from person to person, but there was one stare that he locked with that made him stop. Yes, he stopped walking and went still as he met the gaze of a brunette young woman, just leisurely sitting on a bench [ MARY ].

For some reason, looking at her sent a weird chill down his spine, and made his stomach twist into a knot and his shoulders tense. He had no idea why; the reaction seemed instinctive for him. It was as if he almost felt threatened by this girl, since such a reaction was what that usually meant. After about ten seconds of tense, still silence, Levi blinked and shook himself away from the woman's gaze, continuing his path ahead at a quicker pace, the eerie feeling he received from the girl something that he did not enjoy in the slightest.

. . .

But why?

Why did he just suddenly get that reaction when looking at a harmless, innocent-looking girl? He had never received a feeling like that from everyone else - he always glared at people, but his glare had faltered when it landed on her just because of that strange emotion. It was too . . . negative feeling, and in the oddest way, to be anything he had ever experienced beforehand. His curiosity was rising, though the cynic in his mind attempted to repress it and just snapped at him to get his coffee and go home.

. . .

Or maybe, his curiosity whispered, there was something new about her that you didn't know, maybe you've seen her before and just haven't figured that out yet, maybe -

SHUT IT. KEEP GOING, LEVI.

The cynical, sour tone retorted and interrupted his curious voice, and he decided to just let the strange occurrence slide for now. He really, really wanted his coffee, and that weird occurrence had made the slowly disappearing drowsiness come back to attention.

- - - - -

[ You might want to read over Levi's form again. I added a few things. ]

MARY

Mary felt an odd aura near by. Like a pulse through her body her vision blurred and gained focus again. She stared at her feet for the longest time before lifting her head up and looking straight at the source of the aura [

LEVI

]. Her stare was curious, not anything completely threatening, if anything this man was a bit unsettling to her. It was almost like there was something clouding him, like it wasn't just his aura there. Over all it was hard for the girl to explain. When she saw him start walking away like he had seen a ghost she crinkled her nose and got up, following him.

Mary was always warned about stranger danger, but what if

she

was the stranger in this situation? It would flip the tables no? Then again she was just six-teen and this man was much older than her anyone would see this a bit odd. She tried to lengthen her strides to catch up but his legs were longer than hers so eventually she just called him out.

"

Hey, weird man! Where are you going?

" She asked, not in a

get back here tone

, but in a more of a serious w

here are you heading?

LEVI

- - - - -

GREAT. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO, DUMBASS.

Levi stopped in his tracks when he heard the feminine voice call out to him from behind. The label 'weird man' was very irritating to hear coming from some stranger, and it made a flicker of exasperation shoot through him. He just wanted to get an effing coffee, and now he was being stopped by people talking to him and weird feelings. Levi's gaze darkened somewhat as he slowly turned himself around to face the young woman who decided to call out to him.

Who the culprit of the voice was surprised Levi a good lot. He would have thought the strange girl would just dismiss the weird stare-off, not follow up on it by following after him. Maybe she felt something as odd as he did? Whatever the reason, the cynic in Levi was fuming, but his aura gave off an underlying feeling of exasperation. There was a quiet ripping sound in his pocket as his hand squeezed his wallet a little too hard, and made the seams connecting the leather give way and rip from each other. The girl looked young, so he was fairly sure she couldn't inflict any harm onto him - and even if she tried, he could take her down with little to no effort. She had this delicate look to her that gave him that impression, plus she was pretty short in comparison to his six foot three. She also smelled of lavender and flowers, a pleasant smell, despite the odd, chilling feeling that had now returned to him as he stared at the girl.

With a deep, shuddering breath, he steadied himself and allowed his irritation to flaunt itself a bit more, the shadows around his eyes seeming to darken with his usual bitter and exasperated expression as he responded to the young woman with a bite of venom in his voice:

" . . . Why do you ask, girl?"

MARY

The man seemed much more threatening than she had expected though Mary wasn't exactly sure what she expected anyway. Maybe someone who would walk faster and not answer her, or maybe someone who was timid of her, she's met people like that before. With a blank expression on her face she answered him, "

Because I was continuing a conversation...

" She said simply like it was obvious. Mary then pointed at the bench she was sitting at before she went after him, "

You greeted me there, though you didn't physically say anything, we made eye contact.

"

Mary tried very hard to read into people, like her mother, but she has to realize not everyone notices things like this and she does come off a little weird, but something tells her that this person isn't like anyone else.

"

So where are you going?

" She asked again a bit too casually, hoping to get a better answer.

LEVI

- - - - -

The way the girl responded - the tone she used, mostly - sent a note of surprise through him rather than offense. She sounded as though it was the obvious answer, and explained it to him like he was a child. Although he probably should, and most likely would, under normal circumstances, be offended, he only felt both his suspicion and intrigue rise about this girl. And to be honest, he also felt slightly impressed by her. What with the looks he gave to strangers and his generally . . . er, unwelcoming attitudes, he found a sense of surprise in hearing that she mustered up the guts to respond in the way she did. Her response was a bit befuddling; from what he had grown up to learn, eye contact didn't mean greeting, only an accidental occurrence between two people. One of his eyebrows rose slowly in speculation.

What was going on with this girl that made him so intrigued, and that made his curiosity arouse and whisper such frequent, forceful urges to respond?

Levi blinked once and turned himself fully to stare at the girl, eyes narrowing as she repeated her question to him. The cynic in him was screaming fruitlessly to just ditch this girl and get his coffee, but the curiosity in him was battling back and muffling it. He decided there wasn't much hurt in just telling the girl, and perhaps if he did, she might leave him alone. He closed his eyes and did a deep breath to steady himself again before opening them and responding in a tone lined with his usual bitterness, "A cafe. The Silverwood Cafe, I think it's called."

MARY

The girl nodded her head, like she was approving the place for him, not that he needed her approval anyway. "

It doesn't seem like you're going there to meet anyone...

" She commented. That comment could be taken into offense but that wasn't what she was trying to at all. She was just observing and kind of pushing herself into his plans.

She nudged her head the direction the cafe was and started walking slowly, wanting him to come along.

"

There's something I think I should talk to you about

" Mary stated making it seem of great importance. It was about his aura.

She thought maybe there was something wrong with his life and she could help lead him into his mother who works well with situations like this. The thought of helping someone made her feel a little bit useful, but little did she know that this wasn't just some relationship issues or a dead grandfather.

Nelson walked through the town hearing voices rise as he passed and felt the stares like daggers in his back.

"He's probably another witch, he burned down his home when he was a child you know?" The voice was heard from a women before a rock hit his back. Nelson hunched forward and watched the ground until more yells arose and other objects hit him causing Nelson to begin running as other rocks hit him. Nelson tripped over his own feet as he ran out of sight from the angry townsman and their yells. Nelson hid his face behind his bangs as he slowed down nearing the edge of the town but he still stood out in the crowd with his already white hair. But suddenly the tips of Nelson's fingers began to shake as he turned a crossed the street just in time to see a blond girl walk towards a man with a look of blood lust.

OPHILIA

She wanted to scream so badly. That man just ran away with her purse, "

Hey! You give me back my–

" Ophila paused in her sentence, watching some towns people cause commotion over someone [

Nelson

]. When the people cleared she looked over at the direction her thief went. He was no where to be found so she walked over near the other person, the sound of her heels clicking behind her.

"

H-Hey, uh, are you okay?

" She asked a bit bashfully at first but she smiled brightly. It was much different from who she was earlier. The static in her hair had subsided and her shadow was normal for now.

Nelson stared in hidden astonishment at the welcoming girl(OPHILIA),

'someone is talking to me...to me...Quick reply!' Nelson thought hastily, but he hasn't usen his voice for what felt like forever and searched for what someone might say in return. Nelson stared at the ground for a moment and looked up with his mouth slightly opened as if words would just fall out. He felt confused for a moment but then realized the girl still waited for an answer, waited to make sure he was alright. But then it came to his mind, he slowly nodded shaking at how she would react.

OPHILIA

Ophilia raised an eyebrow at him. "

Oh okay...I would offer to buy you some coffee but some guy just ran out with my purse...

" She smiled a bit awkwardly. "

Um...Oh! My name is Ophilia Hunterwood. And are you sure you're okay? Oh! My birthday is in a week! You should come everyone is invited! You know...

" Ophilia seemed to like to talk, a lot. Some how she was rambling about the color of curtains they were going to be hanging at her home for the party but she managed to pull herself back on track.

"

Wait...what's your name?

"

Nelson listened to Ophilia talk happily about her plans, Nelson liked it, the words usualy directed towards him where hurtful but this girl, she was different. Nelson listened about her plans and about her curtains every once in awhile he would push his hair out of his eyes but other then that he just listened. But then she asked the dreaded question, 'my name?' he even asked himself. Nelson creased his eyebrows and thought deeply about the question, it started with an N he knew that much. Nelson rubbed the back of his neck staring downwards in embarrassment until he stared towards the ground and raised his shoulders, then he finally spoke his voice sounding raspy and un-usen.

"I don't know."

OPHILIA

"

You...don't...know?

" Ophilia became a bit worried about this man's current situation. "

Have you lost...your memory?

" She questioned him. Ophilia is well set with money, and she doesn't hesitate to help people with it, with the idea that she will make friends.

"

Um...here, take a walk with me,

" The blonde extended her hand to him. "

Do you mind if I give you a name until you get you remember? And where are you staying?

" She asked all these questions getting herself more and more warped up in what this guy is all about. Her shadow began to sway as she got more agitated but with a deep breath she calmed herself.

Nelson took her hand cautiously, and stepped in time with her steps which clacked with the sound of her heels while Nelsons where light and almost silent. Finally Nelson cleared his throat to speak but his voice still came out rough,

"I believe I have." He began his voice sounding far away, Nelson averted his gaze from Ophilia and looked around the town as if searching for anything that would remind him. But nothing reminded him of who he might've been before so he stared down at his and Ophilias hands which where clasped, he was unable to feel her touch the warmth that he was supposed to feel. Nelson continued to stare at their hands as he spoke his next words.

" If you want..." Then he stared down the road at the forest in the distance, then continued "I live in the woods."

OPHILIA

"

Hmm...we can think of names together...

" She walked him to her car, which was very expensive and delicate looking. Coated a dark red and reflected the light brightly. When she heard him answer where he lived she was shocked. "

You...WHAT!?

" She questioned narrowing her eyes at him.

She bit her bottom lip while she went to reach for her car keys but then realized that her keys were in her purse, which was

stolen

. In a small burst of rage she firmly squeezed Nelson's hand. She felt that sudden urge to scream at the top of her lungs.

Stop stop stop...

She muttered to herself in her head doing her breathing exercises. Slowly she let go of Nelson's hand and leaned up against her car.

"

We'll have to walk...to my house...

" Ophilia sighed.

Nelson felt the pressure around his hand tighten and he stared downwards again just as Ophilia let go of his hand. He stared up at her as she told him they where going to have to walk, Nelson just nodded. He stuck his hands in his faded jeans pockets and watched her take long slow breaths.

"Are you alright?" Nelson leaned forward slightly, his bangs fell over his blue eyes, he was obviously worried.

OPHILIA

There was something noticeably off about her. The way she switched moods so quickly like that, although getting robbed is distressing. Her eyes were dark as she stared at the pavement but when Nelson asked her what was wrong she looked up and smiled, changing her demeanor.

"

Y-Yes, of course I'm alright...

" She managed to say, "

Okay, we better get going...

" She gestured around the corner, to a dirt road, shrouded by the thick over hang of branches.

"

I live in a pretty big house ar the end of this road, we're sure to have a room for you,

" Ophilia said happily, "

Now for a name...what kind of name would you like?

" She asked while she started walking, leaving her car parked there, not to be too worries. "

You look like you would have an exotic name, like one that starts with an 'X' or a 'Z'

"

Nelson could tell that her smile was just mask but if she didn't want to talk about it he wouldn't push her. So Nelson caught up with her and kept in pace with her as they turned the corner into the mass of branches. Nelson stared around the area having never been over in this area of the forest but quickly turned back to Ophilia.

"Are you inviting me to stay with you?" He questioned surprise clear in his voice. "But I could be a crazy stalker." Nelson pointed this out not wanting to be a burden to the girl or her family.

OPHILIA

A shiver ran up her spine, thinking about all the possibilities. Nelson could be anyone. She glanced at him sheepishly, "

I guess I will just have to trust you aren't,

" Ophilia laughed, "

And besides, my family would fry your ass in court if you were a crazy stalker.

"

While walking up the road she began to talk about some more random things that popped in her head, like how one time she got poison ivy and how she was home schooled. Somehow all these topics connected.

"

Oh! Here we are!

" Ophilia pointed to her driveway, it was hard to tell through the trees but the house was looking large, like she had said.

Nelson couldn't help but smile at her rambling but he stopped in his tracks once she announced they had arrived at the girls house. He stared up at the large house with astonishment.

"Um.." He swallowed "Wow."

OPHILIA

"

Okay so it may be a little empty most of the time, but it sure beats living in...nature...

" She told him up the driveway to the wide stairs to the front door. "

I don't think my mother is home yet...

" Ophilia wasn't exactly sure while she went to put the key in the door, just to realize that

that

was in her purse too. There was an awkward pause of her gripping an invisible key near the key hole before she clenched her fist and hit her head against the door.

Then like static her hair began to rise and the feeling she had been holding back for the longest time was starting to budge. Like a spreading plague the shadows seemed to grow darker and larger.

Nelson watched Ophilia walk up the stairs she continued to speak until her voice trailed to a stop and her stance stiffened. He stared at the girl at the top of the stairs as her hair rose in small strings and darkness seemed to consume all light. Nelson stood in the gravel for a moment but then ran up the stairs nearly falling on the last one. He didn't quite understand what was happening but he had to do something,

"Ophilia." Nelson whispered his hands hovering over her, "Whats wrong." Nelson just spoke as if his mind no longer had a filter.

Nelson then smoothly brushed her bangs behind her ear but he couldn't stop his intake of breath, her eyes looked dark, evil, they sent a chill down his spine but he was frightened so he continued to talk to her hoping to calm her.

OPHILIA

Her eyes were like dark empty holes and the distress around her was suffocating. She stared at Nelson, getting irritated more and more, but the thought of drawing blood held her back. She was still new to herself, but she did know what she could do and it was scary to her.

"

One...

" She said before taking a deep breath, "

Two...

" She took another breath. Slowly the tention in the air started to subside.

Nelson stared into Ophilias eyes they where plain black canvases but Nelson continued to stare into them feeling drawn to them. So many emotions where clear in her glare, anger, sadness, fear all of them filled her features. But Nelson didn't falter even when her glare seemed like it could set him on fire, he just continued to stare into them finding comfort in the black holes. But he was snapped from his thoughts and listened while Ophilia took slow breaths counting with each one. Her demeanor slowly became less tense, Nelson found himself letting out a sigh of relief and whispered under his breath.

"What was that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back