Cult of the Illuminated anyone?

Anyone know when "Cult of the Illuminated" comes out this month? I've checked amazon.ca and they still say 3-5 months shipping time so i'm not sure what all is going on.

All i know is it is out in US, with 24 hour shipping on amazon i am waiting for l5r to get to 24 hour shipping before i order it.

I've had it since WEd of last and have already read it cover to cover. No I didn't get it online. I manage a game store and I picked it off the shelves.

Absolutely. However, we don't start off that way, it starts with a slow descent into madness after hearing about Pokemon, and someones DBZ deck, and D&D characters, and why I'm a bad person because I don't stock XYZ product (nevermind the guy wouldn't buy them from us even if we did, he said so himself)...

Anyways, what ends up happening (at least with us anyways) is that we know what's coming out, and when, so that if we want it, we just order a couple of extra copies for ourselves.

Now, I have been known to take the fire extinguishers and hose people down when it comes time for them to leave at the end of day and they won't.

I also made a Pokemon kid cry once, he was like 6 yrs old.

Ok, something happened. I had a whole thing written up and then it disappeared. So I'll sum it up instead of writing it again (damn that was weird):

1) History of Cult

2) Working of Cult

3) How to make a Cult Solar (they are stronger than stock Solars, ie they start at Essence 3)

4)Working of the Wyld Hunt.

Overall vote: 8 of 10. They could have thrown in all of the three training camps instead of 2. They also could have made the section on the Wyld Hunbt bigger.

Ok, something happened. I had a whole thing written up and then it disappeared. So I'll sum it up instead of writing it again (damn that was weird):
1) History of Cult

2) Working of Cult

3) How to make a Cult Solar (they are stronger than stock Solars, ie they start at Essence 3)

4)Working of the Wyld Hunt.

Overall vote: 8 of 10. They could have thrown in all of the three training camps instead of 2. They also could have made the section on the Wyld Hunbt bigger.
Cool! thanks for the info!

They could have thrown in all of the three training camps instead of 2.
'
WW never does that with Exalted. They always leave something to be filled in by the ST.

-S

Yeah, I know. They do give you three examples of what could be the third camp. One of them is in the jungle sof the Southeast. Now that I think of it though, you could do a game in which the players are Cult Solars, and they're going to setup the third camp, in Rathess after the PC's clear it out. That would give them the backing to do it, a reason to do it, and after it's cleared the resources to fix it up. Hmm....

What's the downside to a Cult Solar, to mitigate the Essence boost?

-S

I've heard that the book has Solar Brawl charms so good, they induced erections in several White Wolf forumites. Can you attest to the quality (erection inducing aside) of any charms in the Cult book, Cheetah?

Stillborn said:
What's the downside to a Cult Solar, to mitigate the Essence boost?
-S
It costs 10 bonus points for the next dot of essence. No joke.

You also get 12 charms, 8 of which you get to chose, the other 4 is chosen for you.

You also get 30 ability points, And like the Dragonblooded, you HAVE to have certain skill in a few areas at certain levels.

You will also most likely get mind-fucked if you're with Venerable Silk's group.

You can also score some sorcerery background like the Lookshy folks, only at level 5, you can score some celestial magic.

You can also score Tiger Warriors.... as an alternate to minions/command/followers... ^_^

The absolute downside, you're going to be committed to the CoI cause with sidereal puppet masters. And if you try to make trouble... well... they DO have older and more masterful peers who'll have a discussion with you, in a private duel.

Honestly,

This could easily be used as one of the backgrounds that many Exalted players were looking for.  That structure and culture that many said the Solars didn't have, as it would seem, they now have in this.  I have yet to read the book, but thats the first impression I get.  They now have superiors to answer to,and alot more guidance.  Basically they now have a since of Structure.  

I think I may get this book.  This and Wood Aspect.  After that, unless WW comes out with something substantial and noteworthy, I dont think Im gonna buy anymore Exalted books.

I think I may get this book.  This and Wood Aspect.  After that, unless WW comes out with something substantial and noteworthy, I dont think Im gonna buy anymore Exalted books.
they will think of somthign to entice you after all they are in the business of selling you enticing things that make you go OH shiny must have.

I was talking to a friend and thinking that a martial Arts book might be a nifty idea, if nothing else to place things in a central location so you can see everythign instead of lookign through many many books and online pdfs to get stuff.

Isn't 2nd edition rules supposed to be somethign they are "working on"

MA book...

A Martial Arts book would be nice...especially if they actually published more of the hundred or so Terrestrial styles... we have a mighty 3 of them and their supposed to be the most common styles in Creation... and with one of the three being Jade Mountain... :( More actually useful ones would be nice... Especially ones that dinna have a Form Charm that makes gets you killed.

A martial arts book with more rigorous standards for what each level of Martial Arts could do would be nice. I don't much like their brand of, "here's an example . . . extrapolate from there."

They do add another Martial Arts style: Falling Blossom Style. I love it, it's a style for DB's to use when sacrificing themselves to save their Solar masters.

Yeah they do have some new Brawl charms, the last one ties in with "Bloodthirsty Sword-Dancer Spirit", it's truly impressive. It's so "bad ass" that using it increases you Limit Break.

Hmmm...another impression that I get is that if the Sidereals truly control their Solar puppets, then I get the feeling that its gonna be like X-men.  Siddie being Charles X and circle of Solars being the X-team.  Oh brother.

If anything, being in the CotI helps Solars meet each other.  Thats a bonus.

Brawl charms: Thank goodness.  They needed to produce more of those.

Yeah, they definately have the advantage of assembling circle and giving them plenty of training. Something else I remebered, the god (whose name I cannot remember) whose job it is to "trim" away the previous members from Solars sparks, he kept the trimmings. The trimmings are then mixxed together, diluted, and given to Solars in training. So what's happening is that all the puzzle pieces are now coming back into play, and that eventually somone will put them together exposing the Sidereals.

He kept the trimmings. The trimmings are then mixxed together' date=' diluted, and given to Solars in training. So what's happening is that all the puzzle pieces are now coming back into play, and that eventually somone will put them together exposing the Sidereals.[/quote']
LOL!!!! this just strikes me as funny. Whats the point really?  Why slowly leak the info?  Why go into that agonizing process?  For Story I guess.

Well, I was having ideas on how to expose the Siddies if I ever ran a CotI game...now, they answered it for me.  

Wow.

Don't the Siddies have the problem of if they are exposed completely of being branded Anathema?

So wouldn't a slow leakage of the information make it much more likely that the general populous would be able to accept them over time, it might also be a way to counteract the spell they cast to keep them completely hidden, it is just a long and argous process to reverse.

psychoph said:
Don't the Siddies have the problem of if they are exposed completely of being branded Anathema?
So wouldn't a slow leakage of the information make it much more likely that the general populous would be able to accept them over time, it might also be a way to counteract the spell they cast to keep them completely hidden, it is just a long and argous process to reverse.
I think he meant that Lytek is leaking info to the Solars through their sparks...well thats what I got from the post.  So it would be up to a Solar or Solars to expose the Siddies...not the general public.

psychoph said:
Kinda. The problem would probably go away in a few weeks at most, since it's incredibly difficult for anyone to remember Sidereals, even at high Essence levels.

psychoph said:
If Lytek were leaking information to the general public . . . probably not. The bulk of the "general populous" are extremely ignorant and for good reason probably have never left their city/village/whatever.

Leaking information at any level jus won't work. The Sidereals did not cast sorcery to become effected by Arcane Fate (or whatever it is that makes people forget about Sidereals . . . I have trouble remembering the term). What happened was that they used so much ultra-potent astrology to kill the Solars that the Loom of Fate was damaged permanentlly. I don't think it's possible to repair the Loom by educating millionsof low Essence beings who probably cannot grasp the difference between mortal and Exalted in any meaningful sense, let alone the difference between Exalt types beyond the most glaringly obvious things like Lunars having tattooes and loads of scars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back