• Demon?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primordial?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ker'ion

Primordial of Abstract Logic
Just an offshoot of 'Call of Cthulu'...

In Exalted, would Cthulu be a Primordial, a 3rd-Circle Demon, or a Fair Folk?

Though, in essence, I'm not sure how much difference there is between a Primordial and a Fair Folk, besides sheer power.

Perhaps input from his herald?

Neither.  A Great Old One.  From a Creation long passed, from a time before even the Primordials that brought the Creation into being, from a place that has since become only a memory in the vast fungi fields of the MiGo...a time when Colours travelled from Out of Space...

*cackling* I couldn't have put it better Jakk. I have always had a metaplot for my games...the cycling of Creation. What once was, never will be again, and the Old Ones turn the wheel. I have many names for them, the Storytellers, those who Watch the Flame. They are beyond petty Primordials.

They shaped it all.

No Elder One would have been foolish enough to become so obsessed with a trivial pursuit as to be overthrown and imprisoned or slain by their underlings...

Um, Cthulu WAS overthrown, that is why he is Comatose in Sunken Rlyeh

the Elder Gods overthrew Him and his kind, and now live in fear of their return and squishing of the elder gods

Sounds familiar somehow

Sounds familiar somehow
As does:

"That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange eons, even Death may die."

Damn. I gotta go back and read through my Lovecraft collections again.

-S

*Reading his currently* ^_^ I love having all of his works online. It's wonderful. Besides, it's theme of Exalted, hubris and overthrowing those that shouldn't be.

Hmm, time to add the Elder Ones into more Exalted plots!

Once I have the cash (and get my existing ones finished), I'm going to get the Elder Sign tattooed on me. I'm just not sure where.

I'm talking about Lovecraft's Elder Sign, not Derleth's shitty looking pentagram thing.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back