• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Crowns of Old - Characters

Calliope of the Sootstock ---The Centaur---
NAME: Calliope of the Sootstock Clan, Hunter of Prey and Victim of Wanderlust
A sporting young Centaur, Calliope is primarily a gorgeous Blue Roan with black 'high' markings on all four of her legs, as is traditional in her clan. The black of the markings matches her coal black hair, atop her head and on her tail. (Black Fur) Set against fair, freckled skin are a pair of pale green eyes with the whites muddied around the emerald hue. (Muddy eyes) Hair Naturally long and flowing, it is a currently a wild unkempt mess just barely managed by the mud, smoke, and sticks congealed in it to form rudimentary locks. (Long and Flowing hair) Except for a stolen shawl, Calliope is bare skinned. The only sort of kit worn related to her clan role of hunting. Her hands are heavily stained and almost purposely colored black up to her elbows. (Stained hands) A strong prideful face, with hints of optimism in her eyes. Slightly upturned nose, a well shaped chin, it wouldn't be difficult thing to imagine her in a human court if not for her lower half and bestial behavior.

STR: 13 (+1) INT: 8 (-1)
DEX: 16 (+2) WIS: 9 (+0)
CON: 15 (+2) CHA: 12 (+0)

Level: 1
XP: 0
Damage: d8
HP: 14 (12 + CON)
Armor: 1
Alignment: Neutral (See that Evil is driven away)
Tribal Role: Hunter (Get Hunt and Track starting move from Ranger)

LOAD: 17 (16 + STR)

Flint dagger: -1 damage, 0 weight
Hunting Spear: Close, Thrown, 1 weight

Hide Armor: 1 armor, worn, 1 weight

Bag of stolen possessions: 12gp, 1 weight
Dungeon rations: 5 uses, 1 weight

_____ is as strong and as wild as I.

I do not trust the powers ____ wields, they seem too foul to be used in a good way.

I admire how _____ gets us to work as a team, reminds me of my herd.

____ and I have made a pact to finish this quest together.

Wildthing: Any spell or item that affects animals, specifically horses, affects me.

Trample: When charging an enemy smaller than myself I can trample with my hooves. Roll + CON. 10+ is two damage rolls, one with weapon, one with hooves. Enemy may damage underbelly and ignore armor. 7-9, enemy knocked down, takes hood damage, may damage me as they scramble underfeet.

Four extra fists: Hooves are weapons. (Close, 0 weight) that do d6 per hoof.

Prideful Creature:
Cannot willingly do any of the following...
  • Let anyone ride me
  • Carry anyone's possessions
  • Be saddled or pull a cart like a beast of burden
  • Surrender to an Enemy
  • Be captured alive
One of the herd: No other hunter Centaurs allowed even if I die

Initiate Inebriation: Can consume outrageous amounts of alcohol and function after drinking deadly to humans amounts. When drunk, roll twice for trample attacks and take highest results.

Hunt and Track: When following the path of a passing creature, roll + WIS. On 7+ follow the trail until significant change in direction or mode of travel. On 10+ the GM will either give me useful info on the quarry or determine what caused the trail to end.

WIP!

As civilized species grew and flourished, those unfortunate species of the Wild were destined to fade into obscurity. Far more likely to inhabit dusty old tomes than the well traveled forests inside established kingdoms, the grand majority of the Centaur clans fled to the extremes of the realm. But not all. Living deep in the infamous Thieves wood, beyond the areas were bands of men would make camp, lay the encapsulated world of the Sootstock Clan.

Unwilling to flee like other clans, the Sootstock chose to be surrounded by humanity, even the very name Sootstock comes from the idea that their legs are blackened by the campfires of men and their industry. So hidden away in the deep woods, the Sootstock remained. Holdovers from a wild time and largely unaware of the world outside their small realm.

Unaware until one day, a young hunter named Calliope pushed the boundaries set forth by their chieftain in pursuit of ever dwindling prey. Coming to the edge of the outer woods, Calliope stood in awe of what she saw.

To be fair, it wasn't anything special. What she saw was a stone mill of two stories. To her it was the grandest structure in existence. Trotting forth to investigate, Calliope was entranced by the mill and went inside to see the moving parts first hand. Such was her concentration that when she heard a voice behind her she was startled enough to drop her spear.

A small child was in the mill, approaching her. At least she thought it was a child, the poor thing was malformed with only two legs and no hooves. It was covered in strange hides as well, it's body hidden under layers. It seemed to speak the same tongue though as the little being commanded her to 'shh shhh shhh, that's good, shhh shhh shh' and tried to touch her flank.

Enough was enough and Calliope scooped her spear up and ran off, the child thing a dot in the distance as she turned back to look at the forest line. Unknown yet to Calliope, the experience had triggered something in her that would call her back that night after having packed her things and claimed a lengthy hunting trip to her Clan.

The moon was bright but still dark enough that Calliope could see the little flames in the openings of structures beyond the first one. Moving as if she was hunting, with speed and silence, she found a very well worn path and began traveling, indulging the wanderlust that had consumed her since seeing the structure at the edge of the woods.

Ty07L9f.jpg

Name:
Anneira Stormhand
Level: 1 XP: 0
Look: Wild Eyes, Might Thews, Strange Tattoos, Scavenger's outfit
Alignment: Chaotic (Eschew a convention of the civilized world.)
Race: Outsider (You and your people are not from around here. At the beginning of each session, the GM will ask you something about your homeland, why you left, or what you left behind. If you answer them, mark XP.)

Strength: 16 (+2) | Constitution: 15 (+1) | Dexterity 9 (+0) | Intelligence 12 (+0) | Wisdom 13 (+1) | Charisma 8 (-1)​

Damage: 1d10 | Armor: 1 | HP: 23
Starting Moves
  • Unencumbered, Unharmed: So long as you are below your Load niether wear armor nor carry a shield, take +1 armor.
  • Herculean Appetites: Choose two appetites. While pursuing one of your appetites if you would roll for a move, instead of rolling 2d6 you roll 1d6 + 1d8. If the d6 is the higher die of the pair, the GM will also introduce a complication or danger that comes about due to your heedless pursuits.
    • Mortal Pleasures
    • Conquests
  • The Upper Hand: You take +1 ongoing to last breath rolls. When you take your last breath, on a 7-0 you make an offer to death in return for your life. If Death accepts he will return you to life. If not, you die.
  • Musclebound: While you wield a weapon it gains the forceful and messy tags.
  • What Are You Waiting For? When you cry out a challenge to your enemies, roll+con. On a 10+ they treat you as the most obvious threat to be dealt with and ignore you companions, take +2 damage ongoing against them. On a 7-9 only a few (the weakest or most foolhardy among them) fall prey to your taunting.
Advanced Moves

Gear

Load: 3/24

Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Dagger (hand, 1weight)
The broken horn of a nameless northern beast
Axe (close, 1weight)
Adventuring gear (1weight) and dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)

Brand, Sworn knight of the steel altar and devout subject of Aen, god of honour, combat and the heroic spirit.

"Lift your sword. Bear your shield. Remember what it is you fight for."

Fit build. Kind eyed. Close cropped hair under an open faced helmet. His holy symbol is polished to a bright shine.

STR: 13 (+1) INT: 8 (-1)
DEX: 9 WIS: 12
CON: 15 (+1) CHA: 16 (+2)

Level: 1
XP: 0
HP: 11 (10 + con)
Damage: d10
Armour: 3
Alignment: Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
Race: Human (When you pray for guidance, even for a moment and ask “what here is evil?” the GM will tell you, honestly.)

Weight Limit 13 (12 + STR)
Dungeon Rations (5 uses, ration, 1 weight)
Scale Armor (2 armor, worn, clumsy, 3 weight)
Long Sword (close, +1 damage, 1 weight) and Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
Dungeon Rations (5 uses, ration, 1 weight) and Healing Potion (0 weight)
Holy symbol of Aen - A pendant shaped like the head of a dragon. A minimalistic design made of steel infused with silver.
Total weight - 8

Quest When you dedicate yourself to a mission through prayer and ritual cleansing, state what you set out to do:
• Slay _____ , a great blight on the land.
• Defend _____ from the iniquities that beset them.
• Discover the truth of _____.

Then choose up to two boons:
• An unwavering sense of direction to _______.
• Invulnerability to (edged weapons, fire, enchantment, etc.)
• A mark of divine authority.
• Senses that pierce lies.
• A voice that transcends language.
• Freedom from hunger, thirst, and sleep.

The GM will then tell you what vow or vows is required of you to maintain your blessing:
• Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
• Temperance (forbidden: gluttony in food, drink, and pleasure of the flesh)
• Piety (required: observance of daily holy services)
• Valor (forbidden: suffering an evil creature to live)
• Truth (forbidden: lies)
• Hospitality (required: comfort to those in need, no matter who they are)

Lay On Hands (CHA) When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being, roll+CHA.
• On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
• On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

I Am The Law When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha.
• On a 7+, they choose one:
• Do what you say.
• Back away cautiously, then flee.
• Attack you.

• On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
• On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

Armored You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

____________‘s misguided behavior endangers their very soul!

__________ has stood by me in battle and can be trusted completely.

I respect the beliefs of __________ but hope they will someday see the true way.

_______ is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.

WIP

OBELIS
Born in the Dunes
Druid of The Vast Desert
"Each grain of sand is in me, I am in each grain of sand."

excerpts_20100802.jpg

Level: 1 / XP: 0 / HP: 21 / DMG: d6 / Armor: 1
Alignment: Good (Help something or someone grow)
Race: Human (You may always take the shape of any domesticated animal, in addition to your normal options.)

Look:
At first sight, his is the look of a traveler. One that has braved numerous storms and walked the earth. However, these travels seem to not have taken any toll on his body. The man possesses an almost uncanny vigour, carrying himself with a straight posture and a firm expression.
He is clothed in a (Ceremonial Garb), typical of those vagrant monks who place their will in the church of the Luminous Eye. A long, white travelling cloak with various binds and leather straps, to keep it all together. This garb is topped off by a hood, used to shield one's eyes and head from the heated sun.
When taken off, the hood reveals a (Bald), tattoed head. The man's face is held up, his square features for all to see. Two small, (Wise) eyes study your moves. Above them, another eye, much bigger, occupies his forehead. It stares up, directly at the sun, seemingly in a state of complete relaxation.

Stats:

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 9 (--)
Con: 15 (+1)
Int:12 (--)
Wis: 16 (+2)
Cha: 8 (-1)

Gear:

A Token of The Vast Desert:
A bag of sacred sand. The bag bears two marks drawn upon it: the all-seeing third eye and the ancestral pyramids.
Sandworm Hide Armor:
(1 Armor, Worn, 1 Weight)
Staff of Sandalwood:
(Close, Two-handed, 1 Weight)
Cactus Poultices and Dried Herbs:
(2 Uses, Slow, 1 Weight)
(Weight 3/7)

Moves:

Born of the Soil:
When shapeshifting you may take the form of any animal in your land. Choose a tell, a physical attribute that marks you as born of the soil:
Land: The Vast Desert
Tell: A Third Eye, on the forehead.
By Nature Sustained:
You do not need to eat or drink. If a move tells you to mark off a ration just ignore it.
Spirit Tongue:
The grunts, barks, chirps, and calls of the creatures of the wild are as language to you. You can understand any animal native to your land or akin to one whose essence you have studied.
Shapeshifter:
When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis. • On a 10+ hold 3. • On a 7–9 hold 2. • On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says. You may take on the physical form of any species whose essence you have studied or who lives in your land: you and your possessions meld into a perfect copy of the species’ form. You have any innate abilities and weaknesses of the form: claws, wings, gills, breathing water instead of air. You still use your normal stats but some moves may be harder to trigger. The GM will also tell you one or more moves associated with your new form. Spend 1 hold to make that move. Once you’re out of hold, you return to your natural form. At any time, you may spend all your hold and revert to your natural form.
Studied Essence:
When you spend time in contemplation of an animal spirit, you may add its species to those you can assume using shapeshifting.

Bonds:

_________ smells more like prey than a hunter.
The spirits spoke to me of a great danger that follows _________ .
I have showed _________ a secret rite of the land.
_________ has tasted my blood and I theirs. We are bound by it.

Background:
W.I.P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back