Science Cross-Species

BDark

Three Thousand Club
Roleplay Type(s)
As we all know, humans can't mate with chimps, let alone birds, but I've recently seen a video of how a man made some creatures using his sperm and chicken eggs, but of course, they were, quite sadly, fake.

But here's my question:
Through elaborate genetic modification, could we possibly craft a hybrid between a man and, say, a turkey?

Not only is it possible to create a human-bird hybrid, but a scientist has already done it with chickens. (That probably sounds more exciting than it really is, sorry.)

You're probably never going to get like, a human with turkey wings or something.

But maybe if, say, turkeys are resistant to something that attacks the human body, their genes could theoretically be spliced into human genes so that we could share that same resistance.

God fucking damn it.

Science is always disappointing.

Except for the whole glowing organisms thing. That's far from disappointing.

This is heresy and all you people are heretics.
524f901f134e51f7271e08512be9349d.jpg

Please, stay in place and repent for your sins while I call an Exterminatus on this hellhole. Have a nice day!

An open mind is like a vulnerable fortress; it's gate open and unbarred.

We could accomplish the same result if we put a mind in a severed human penis and organs I think-

Why am I like this

Please, stay in place and repent for your sins while I call an Exterminatus on this hellhole. Have a nice day!

My mind is open wide. Though there are some things I do stay firm on... such as the fact that I am never, ever, ever going to submit to or fund any kind of genetic experimentation. Being descended from wild hillbillies causes enough issues as it is. Cross species reproduction kind of isn't my thing... even if it could be done, there are so many ways that it could go very, very wrong.

From a religious standpoint, creating human/animal hybrids is an unholy act and must be quickly ended and severely punished.

From a scientific viewpoint, while it might be really cool to see a hybrid between a human and a bird, cat, dog, etc., those creatures are best left to fantasy due to risks. Imagine the pregnancy complications that could result, and are already known to result from cloning. The deformities and illnesses that the young could suffer from. Unless, of course, you are crazy enough to find dealing with a painfully pregnant, suffering human or animal appealing... and like the idea of attempting to care for a weak and sick baby afterwards... I don't recommend it.

Since you have posted this question on a roleplaying forum which has its own section for anime, I think you don't expect to get a serious answer from someone with any form of expertise in a said subject. That said here is incredibly dumbed down and most likely incorrect answer:

Partially. It is indeed possible to locate and secure parts of genes that are responsible for simple biologial reactions (which are still pretty damn complicated) such as creation and management of various substances. We are even able to modify these aspects and alter their production, but often at the expense of something else (lifespam, imunity system, eyesight, etc.). Implementing this into a foreign matter and expecting it to flawlessly work with the same results is, however, impossible to the point where you would probably have more success as a sand grain counter operating in Gobi desert. Doing so is like taking a single file (.ini, .dll whatever) from one game, and replacing it with a different file from a different game with a different engine, used in a different platform. If it by some papa blessed marvel would somehow """"""""work"""""""" it won't be doing so correctly or for long.

Also by the time we discover a way to actually accomplish this, we would be so advanced (or dead) that we would't really have a need for turning ourselves into a human-turkey hybrid, unless some weird fetish or fashion develops within our society. I hope I will be long dead when that day comes.

Since you have posted this question on a roleplaying forum which has its own section for anime, I think you don't expect to get a serious answer from someone with any form of expertise in a said subject. That said here is incredibly dumbed down and most likely incorrect answer:

Partially. It is indeed possible to locate and secure parts of genes that are responsible for simple biologial reactions (which are still pretty damn complicated) such as creation and management of various substances. We are even able to modify these aspects and alter their production, but often at the expense of something else (lifespam, imunity system, eyesight, etc.). Implementing this into a foreign matter and expecting it to flawlessly work with the same results is, however, impossible to the point where you would probably have more success as a sand grain counter operating in Gobi desert. Doing so is like taking a single file (.ini, .dll whatever) from one game, and replacing it with a different file from a different game with a different engine, used in a different platform. If it by some papa blessed marvel would somehow """"""""work"""""""" it won't be doing so correctly or for long.

Also by the time we discover a way to actually accomplish this, we would be so advanced (or dead) that we would't really have a need for turning ourselves into a human-turkey hybrid, unless some weird fetish or fashion develops within our society. I hope I will be long dead when that day comes.

I hope to be dead by that time as well... and if I find out any of my great grandchildren chooses to participate in a thing like this, I will probably retire to my garden fortress and not come out.

A closed mind is a stagnant pool with no room for growth or change. It sees and understands only that which does not conflict with its point of view, thus preserving false conclusions about the world and the things that make it.
Have a nice day.

I think a good example of close minded people are the Amish. They're stuck in the past because their minds are closed to anything that improves our lives.

A closed mind is a stagnant pool with no room for growth or change. It sees and understands only that which does not conflict with its point of view, thus preserving false conclusions about the world and the things that make it.
Have a nice day.

Are you seriously trying to change some asshole's opinions on the internet? You think you're going to change my entire worldview, which may or may not actually be my worldview, because it's just a fucking reference to some shitty tabletop game, with one half-hearted paragraph you wrote just to imply how cool you are compared to some idiot who has a pizza in bed as his avatar?

Here's a guy with free-time!

Are you seriously trying to change some asshole's opinions on the internet? You think you're going to change my entire worldview, which may or may not actually be my worldview, because it's just a fucking reference to some shitty tabletop game, with one half-hearted paragraph you wrote just to imply how cool you are compared to some idiot who has a pizza in bed as his avatar?

Here's a guy with free-time!
First, thanks for telling me that it was a reference, I didn't know that. Second, I thought it would be interesting to see two opposing points of view on the thread, I wasn't arguing--just adding to. I'm sorry I offended you. Btw, since I am not an all-powerful being, I cannot change someone's point of view as easy as that, so trying would not do me any good. On top of that, I dislike unnecessary drama.

First, thanks for telling me that it was a reference, I didn't know that. Second, I thought it would be interesting to see two opposing points of view on the thread, I wasn't arguing--just adding to. I'm sorry I offended you. Btw, since I am not an all-powerful being, I cannot change someone's point of view as easy as that, so trying would not do me any good. On top of that, I dislike unnecessary drama.

Let's not muddy up random people's shit with our own discussion that's probably taking up two threads by now.

I think a good example of close minded people are the Amish. They're stuck in the past because their minds are closed to anything that improves our lives.

And yet they're going to outlive most everyone on this site due to their all-organic dieting lmao

Oh my dear Lord. If I start talking about the brainwashing tendencies of certain people who I used to have to stay with... it would end up becoming a controversial thread and throw this entire thing off topic.

For example, my parents/relatives attempted to brainwash me to hate people with different religions, people with different sexual orientations, people of different races, people who are less financially well off, and people with different gender identities than mine. It took a very patient, caring person to undo 17 years of brainwashing over the course of several months. I later accepted myself as a bisexual tomboy and found that the people who I had been trained to hate... were the most loyal and accepting people I would ever meet. I wouldn't go back to the way I was for anything. Especially not now, as I have seen that keeping my mind more open has helped me learn things that I wouldn't have otherwise.

And as for the original subject... what is the price of progress? How much suffering are you willing to see to promote a certain view, or to satisfy a certain curiosity? Do you wish to see the full consequences if your experiment fails? If so, go for it, but don't expect my support.

Fun Fact: The photo used for my avatar, combined with a few markings I have been blessed with, have led closed-minded people to accuse me of witchcraft.

Last edited:
Have a nice day.

Nice description. You summed up my old religious group perfectly.

DEUS VULT!

The Lord's Prayer:

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts
As we forgive our debtors
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For thine is the kingdom
And the power
And the glory forever
Amen.

This prayer has been drilled into my brain ever since I could speak. Though I must say... that which is done in God's name... is not necessarily his will. Good and Evil are in the hearts of every man and woman, regardless of the cause they supposedly fight for or the religion that they claim.

Now I must ask...

Is the killing of a large portion of a religious, political, or ethnic group ever justifiable, even if done in the name of science or a God? For that was a common theme in the Crusades, and in the conquests of many explorers of various belief structures. I personally believe that the answer is no.

And another question...

Is it ever the will of God to eliminate a life? And if so... which God?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back