• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crimson Ravens

Insaf was half-dead from blood loss by the time she managed to get up and stagger across the rooftops, making her way back to the guild. She knocked shakily on the door and was dragged inside, where she was hauled down to the medic's bay and inquired several times if someone had followed her. She simply shook her head.

She was then patched up and dragged in front of her father, who pursued his lips and asked what she had done.

"I had gone out to scout. I spotted a Crimson and attacked him," she said simply.

"On your way to scout."

"Yes."

Honesty was not one of the Raven's virtues. They were assassins, secretive and liars by nature. They hardly informed anyone of the truth.

Dallin pounded on his guild's door without care for who would hear him, and when they finally opened up he gave up and blacked out. After all, he figured he had done enough for one night, and was so woozy from blood loss he probably wouldn't have stayed awake for much longer anyways.

When he next awoke he was in the guild's medical bay, shoulder and face wrapped up in sterile bandages. His guild's leader was sitting in a chair across from him, her steel-gray eyes intense and staring right at him.

"M-Ma'am...?" Dallin managed to croak out. His head was still spinning from his recent exertions.

"Why are you injured?" Her question, as always, as blunt and direct as the rest of her.

"I... I- ah, met a carrion-eater. Made the mistake of giving them mercy."

The leader's eyes narrowed. "See that you don't do it again." She said. "Is your target dead?"

Dallin nodded. "I slashed his throat, m-ma'am." The woman nodded, then got up and left without another word.

Insaf's father stared at her before nodding and dismissing her. Insaf stumbled out, rubbing her sore arm and making her way back to her room.

Stepping inside, she glanced down at her damaged arm and wondered if the ambassador had died. It would make sense for him to have died; his throat had been slashed after all. But something about the way he had looked, pushed up against the door and twitching made her think he might have pulled through.

Her room was bare and bleak, with nothing more than a bed and a closet pushed up against the other wall.

She thought she heard murmuring outside her door and stilled for a second, leaning towards it to try and hear what was going on.

It sounded like the voices from the other day, muttering about the mission.

Her eyes widened.

Dallin lay like that for a little while longer, thinking about his mark. He was certain he had killed the man- but he hadn't had the time to make sure, because of that damn carrion-eater, and he knew that he would have to go back and check soon. He doubted, of course, he would be going much of anywhere for the next couple of days- he would be kept in the medical bay until his vitals were at least somewhat healthy again, and then he guessed the medics would want him on bed rest for another week, at the very least.

Dallin knew he couldn't got that long without checking about the ambassador's health, and if he was dead cashing in the job. Of course, if the ambassador was still alive...

Injury or no injury I'm going to finish the job. I just hope no carrion eaters get to him before I can, if he really is still alive. His mind blanked for a second and the room spun. He had lost a lot of blood, and knew he wouldn't be able to stay awake for much longer before he blacked out... Everything's fine, though... I'll figure it all out... tomorrow... He closed his eyes, and fell back asleep without a second thought.

"Do you think it worked?"

"Don't know."

"I think it was successful."

"Do you think they finished it off?"

"No."

"Good."

Insaf paled at the conversation, wondering what on earth those people could be muttering about. Had she been a pawn in a game? Had she been someone to be used and tossed away?

Did they even know she did it?

"You here one of the scouts came back injured?" someone said and she breathed a sigh of relief. They didn't know she had done it.

"Yeah. Do ya think it was the Crimson guys?"

"Possibly. The bloods tend to spill ours more freely."

Dallin didn't know how long he slept for, but he was very rudely awoken by someone shaking him- using his injured shoulder, no less. "... llin! Dammit, Dallin, get up! Med bay's for patching people up, not lazing around an snoring!" Dallin blinked himself the rest of the way awake, and sat up with a grunt, throwing a glare and the medic who had skaken him awake.

"I was stabbed. And cut. And lost so much blood I blacked out at the door." Dallin said to the short, red-haired medic who stood with her arms crossed and a similar glare on her face. "Yeah? Well Ava here's got her guts hanging out, and goddess knows who else is gonna fall through that door from a failed job. The carrion-eaters are vicious, and ramping up their attempts at putting us out of business- and you're damn lucky you got off this easy. Now move your ass, before I have to move it for you."

Dallin grumbled, but swung his legs down onto the floor and made his way only somewhat unsteadily to his room within the guild, where he promptly flopped down onto his bed- and immediately regretted the decision as it sent a spike of pain through his shoulder. Agh... I don't think I'll be going anywhere for the next couple of days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back