Crimson Canines (Complete!)

[SIZE= 18px]- Center -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]he two snipers fired off at once; The Shiryoku's 805 Caliber Rifle was sundered off its mechanical hands, an orange hot bump protruding from the barrel where the enemy's bullet went in and embedded itself inside; at the same time a hole appeared in the cockpit of the enemy sniper and it fell from the air. The 805 rifle fell spinning down from the sky. It was beyond quick precise repair and the nearest other sniper rifle was the one falling with the now dead enemy marksman deep in the enemy front lines.

@tammynorthland

Far off, Artemis Dynasty Scarab was having a hard time attacking and being bait at the same time. The shots from her barrage chain pistol missed the handler. "Alerius, take down the last handler! Batallion, focus fire on Belial's left ankle, follow the tagged X-47 mech's lead!"

The company accompanying Artemis, The Endurance, and the last two battle cruiser's focus fired on the same point Liz did. It took so long for a battle field fight, about eight seconds before the titan fell on one knee. With a roar Belial gave a last shove and flipped the giant dragon turtle on her back in an earth shaking crash that sent a storm of sand everywhere. As if on instinct, Dulcia withdrew in her shell, safe, but unable to move. Belial rose, crawling on three limbs shaking its head, roaring in pain and swiping things at random.

Liz X-47 Tiger, closest to the ankle took the brunt of the enemy's retaliation fire. Its armor was shattered, the Particle Output Enhancer destroyed. One good hit was all it would take to bring it down unless it activated it's castle's defense.

@Abdel featherfall

(1-9) Shina success = 8

(1-6) Shina evade = 5

(1-5 Shina's favor) Tie breaker = 9

(1-8) Handler squad success = 4

(1-8) Handler squad evade = 4

(1-8) Enemy success = 5

(1-8) Enemy evade = 2

(1-4) Dulcia Success = 1

(1-9) Dulica Evade = 5

(1-5 Dulcia's favor) Tie breaker = 10

(1-7) Belial Success = 1

(1-7) Belial Evade = 7

2.jpg

OOC: @Abdel featherfall, not going to roll your character's success, just evade, as Alerius isn't attacking a specific main target yet.

(1-7) Artemis success = 9

(1-5) Artemis evade = 1

(1-5 Artemis favor) Tie breaker = 1

(1-8) Enemy vs Artemis success = 8

(1-8) Enemy vs Artemis evade = 2

(1-7) Alerius evade = 7

(1-5 Alerius favor) Tie breaker = 5

(1-8) Enemy vs Alerius success = 8

(1-8) Enemy vs Alerius evade = 4

(1-7) Liz success = 8

(1-5) Liz evade = 9

(1-5 Liz favor) Tie breaker = 5

(1-8) Enemy vs Liz success = 1

(1-8) Enemy vs Liz evade = 3

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shina growled as the rifle was smashed with a bullet directly inside the barrel. Whoever the pilot was. who was dead. Had a good shot. Shina was also disarmed. Her rifle fell from the sky once it was shot and shocked her from her hands. She quickly tried to regain her senses as the other mechs were in route to attack her. She heard a comm chime from Liz. She wanted her to scope out the enemies and tag them. Now that she was disarmed. This sounded like a good idea. Shina frantically had to come up with a plan as her pyro drone was busy taking on 2 of the enemy mechs as its autoattack was blasting well timed fireballs into each mech as it tried to break the line of defense. Shina used her raptor vision and lit up the targets sending them to her comrads to help her in the fight. "I lost my rifle. I will be going in melee. I will. I repeat WILL need cover fire. My drone will run out any second now." Shina spoke through as she drew her massive sword. It had a different weight to it compared to the other sword she lost back at the fence. Now she lost yet another rifle. She had to make due with what she had. Shina flew into a mech air tackling it. Making her strike directly in the cockpit of the machine gunner before it had a moments notice. Before she knew it she pryed off using the pyro drone to protect her from immediate attacks but the longer attacks were dinging her armor a bit more since she was closer to the line of fire compared to when she was picking them off. Shina made her next move in disarming a mech that she was able to close her distance on. "I FUCKING NEED COVER FIRE GUYS!!" Shina tried disarming the mech to get control of a machine gun. She wouldnt be an expert but she could handle another weapon.

@Zer0 @Abdel featherfall @CkSmalling @LordPicklesworth

Remann made it inside the Busterius. It was like a cavern much like the one at lake batoo. Only it was steel. And much warmer. the mechs all gathered and scoped out the area. They had grabbed a camera jammer at the beginning of the mission which would help with the security of sneaking around. It blocked cameras and made them not detect moving objects. It almost froze the camera while the men passed through the eyes of the lens. Redmann assessed the situation. They had 25 men. This was going to be a tough mission. The biggest issue would be spreading them all out through the battlecruiser. They would have to travel to each limb and rig it with the devices.

"Redmann."

"Yes?"

"All clear. we need to move quick. The 2nd rendezvous gave us 20 minutes. remember"

Redmann recalled the plan. They had 20 minutes to destroy the beast. Time was not in their favor considering the way the battle was turning out. The good thing with the machine they occupied was that if their foresight on the battlecrusier was correct. This massive mech was strong from the outside. There fore they never packed it full of men, but in war this could also be used as a tank to deploy thousands of soldiers. It was the biggest of all the mechs in height and weight. 

Redmann split everyone up into equal teams. He and his men were bringing the device to the left leg. It would mainly be staircases if their blueprints were showing properly on their map. However this could be wrong and they would have to adapt as it came. The men all gave a nod inside their mechs and departed in their separate ways.

"[SIZE= 18px]O[/SIZE]n our way, Shina." said Artemis. But her Dynasty Scarab and her accompanying soldiers could not break through the enemies surrounding the sniper and were being destroyed by the enemy. Soon it was now Artemis who needed help. She was running out of Bastion Deflection shield charges. "Shoot, I can't get to you!"

Darn it, not again. Was she going to lose another close comrade on her orders once more? But Shina was doing fine, dodging fatal blows from the enemy, destroying an enemy with a thrust from her giant blade, and now successfully wrestling a giant machine gun from one of them.

Meanwhile, Panzer Dragon had managed to close in on the handler's mech, Thundercloud blades raised high and slash the cockpit in a whirlwind of blades; at the same time five mechs came hurling at him, hacking at the Crimson Vulcan. "I need a confirmed kill visual on the handler! And I need help over here too! Artemis, I need repairs!" he radioed in as the enemy cut off one of his mech's three mechanical arms and disarmed his shield. 

Belial roared, looking up at Thanatos in fear and in a sudden gust of wind attempted to fly away but could not. The enemy has lost control of their last titan. The massive wyvern crawled away from the battlefield heading straight into the enemy's reserves that were right behind him, slashing and swiping at them like flies. The enemy formation was broken as they scattered out of the way.

Shina could see the handler's mech falling from the sky. Her keen vision could see through the gaps of the rent metal that the handler and pilot were dead, but the mind dominating machine was still intact. Should it be destroyed or taken back to Artemis' walking fortress where her people could attempt to use it and try to take control of the retreating Belial before the wyvern got out of control range.

@tammynorthland

[SIZE= 18px]- Mesa Skydocks -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]hanatos strode forward and raised a claw that completely overshadowed the Scarred Mesa Skydocks and brought it down. The Tungsten Wolves managed to blow off a chunk of its finger before "BOOOOM" the monster smote it, cracking the mountain base and shattering the northern and eastern battlements and their mounted artillery.

Brittannia and Russian soldiers rushed in. They were now attempting to take over the Mesa Skydocks. Thanatos raised another claw and aimed to blow the African battle cruiser's away. Battalions of enemy mechs waited ready to take on the battle cruisers.

@Beowulf

(1-7) Artemis success = 8

(1-5) Artemis evade = 6

(1-5 Artemis favor) Tie breaker = 5

(1-8) Enemy vs Artemis success = 1

(1-8) Enemy vs Artemis evade = 7

(1-6) Shina success = 3

(1-6) Shina evade = 5

(1-5 Shina's favor) Tie breaker = 1

(1-8) Enemy vs Shina success = 9

(1-8) Enemy vs Shina evade = 2

(1-7) Panzer success = 7

(1-5) Panzer evade = 6

(1-5 Panzer favor) Tie breaker = 10

(1-8) Enemy vs Panzer success = 5

(1-8) Enemy vs Panzer evade = 3

(1-6) Mesa Skydocks success = 1

(1-8) Mesa Skydocks durability = 3

(1-5 Mesa Favor) = 7

(1-8) Thanatos Success = 4

(1-7) Thanatos Evade = 1

2.jpg

Shins fought the enemies off she was able to grab enough tI'm to confirm a couple of kills on her enemy. Shina attacked another mech and was able to drive the massive heavy blade through its chest. Hoping for a comfirmed kill. Afterward she sensed an enemy making an attack behind she swung back hoping to block the attack. She then reached for her waist and grabbed dthe shiryokus battle knife and finger it across the air into the cockpit of another mech flYing in to make a strike on her. She jet boosted up to gain some breathing room taking a breathe. The shiryoku granted er acceptional piloting skills. Heck because she was logged into the ecu of the beast with her mind everything was piloted by thinking. It acted much like a second body to her. Something no other pilot had. One reason she was able to get promoted to full time sniper. That and along with her eye sight. She was the fastest canine to get promoted to full time sniper in the squadrant. Because of this she also sensed something else. She flicked her head toward the belial. The colossus sized beast. Noticing that the pilot fell to the war. Along with the sniper she shot. She saw the mind dominating device was unmanned. Shina thought for a moment.

"Artemis. Cover me for ten seconds. Thats all ineed." By now her Pyro bot blasted it's last to massive flame shots onto two incoming mechs. Hoping they killed them both. It made its way back to her shoulder port which is where it would stay until the next refueling port was attainable. Shina activated her turbo thrusters. They were gonna die soon but they had enough juice to push er through the battle line. She activated them.

As she flew through the rest of the enemy she managed to land right on top of the mind control device. Shina screa med seeing fire fight coming from all over. "Artemis fucking cover me. Don't let me die like you did to our friends!!!!!". Her words were rash. Shina was furious. She was down to her heavy blade. Which was tough in air combat against guns. Her Pyro drone was empty and her last drone was all she had left. Along with a few grenades. Shina reached for the mind control device. And yanked it up. "Gonna take this!!" Shina had an idea. And the belials mind controlling device was coming with it.

@Zer0 @CkSmalling @Abdel featherfall @LordPicklesworth

(Sorry had to type on my phone. My Internet died after a long as post and didn't save so had to retype on my phone before bed I'll make another reply tomorrw. But for now I'm sorry. Hope this works. Also how big and what does the mind control device look like and how big?)

[SIZE= 18px]S[/SIZE]hina's words cut through Artemis' soul like a knife, and strengthened her resolve. Activating her 'Shield of the Colossus', a nova of blue energy pulsed from her Dynasty Scarab, synergizing with the mechs of all her nearby allies, encasing them all in a Bastion Deflection shield.

'For Grizzly, Komodo, Hikaru, and Sandai.' she thought. "To the Shiryoku!" she commanded her remaining soldiers.

They were able to catch the falling mech and bring it intact to Artemis' walking fortress where her engineers began quickly studying it to repair and get it to work. For them there was a lull in the battle as repair drones swarmed their mechs for resupply and repairs. It was just a break for five minutes or so, before they launched back out to the battle scene again.

"Good job, everyone!" the officers were saying.

The alliance took advantage of their scattered foes and deployed their speedy hovercrafts as one great force to pick off the groups of lesser mechs. In fifteen minutes the enemy saw that this part of the great battle was lost and began to route. Leaving the fast hovercrafts to pursue the retreating mechs and make sure they don't regroup, the remaining U.S. and Japanese soldiers began to make their way towards Mesa Skydocks where the enemy was laying siege on the fortress.

Their pace was not fast, not slow either. The Endurance's cloud of repair drones and Dynasty Scarabs were rescuing, repairing, and re-supplying as many allies as they could. The mechs reformed their lines as they moved to flank the enemy and got ready to attack with a devastating charge.

"Shina, I have a plan." said Artemis. " The enemy's remaining battlecrusiers, let's hi-jack them and run them straight through Thanatos heart. From the looks of things, his hide is too tough for our artilleries to pierce them before they run out of energy and ammunition."

@tammynorthland

(1-7) Artemis success = 6

(1-5) Artemis evade = 5

(1-5 Artemis favor) Tie breaker = 6

(1-8) Enemy vs Artemis success = 10

(1-8) Enemy vs Artemis evade = 9

(1-6) Shina success = 1

(1-6) Shina evade = 9

(1-5 Shina's favor) Tie breaker = 7

(1-8) Enemy vs Shina success = 7

(1-8) Enemy vs Shina evade = 10

(1-7) Panzer success = 9

(1-5) Panzer evade = 10

(1-5 Panzer favor) Tie breaker = 1

(1-8) Enemy vs Panzer success = 9

(1-8) Enemy vs Panzer evade = 2

(1-6) Alliance success = 7

(1-8) Alliance evade = 1

(1-5 Alliance favor) = 1

(1-8) Enemy success = 10

(1-7) Enemy evade = 7

2.jpg

SHina yanked on the mind control device with all her might as soldiers surrounded her like a queen bee protected by the hive., She was pulling up on the device derooting it from the platform as she shot her thrusters upward yanking it free. Shina propelled into the sky with the device and flew up as she was trying to keep herself out of the line of fire. Shina could feel the weight holding her down but it was managable. She had to keep herself out of firing range. The soldiers flying all around her under Artemis' command. She whispered. "Thanks Arty." Ito the comm system as she flew toward her and tried to get out of the line of fire. She made her way over to where there were less of the enemy as she took evasive flight patterns. She zig zagged and flew up and down with the mind control device doing her best to keep it from being damaged. Her idea that was proposed to her by Artemis seemed like it could work but the others already had their orders. The only way this would work is if they all met at the next rendezvous point and were able to gain control of Belial possibly. Somehow this seemed like a good plan but only if it all came together the right way. "Artemis we need to meet at the next rendezvous point with the special soldiers." Shina spoke into the system. "That sound like a plan?!"

@Zer0

Redmann made his way down to the leg of the beast with the other soldiers. They all split up going in different directions at this point destroying the massive machine from the inside was their only possible route to take. They had to guard the cargo at all costs. "Everyone we are in route to the first limb once everyone plants their package we will activate it and it will be up to you to make it to the next rendezvous point got it??!?" Without Shina they were going to be short a sniper but in the close quarters they should be more than capable of managing. Reinforecements were getting plowed by levelers with their rifles and shotguns. the teams making their way to their destinations. It was only a matter of time before the next battlecruiser fell. They had their jammers on their side and so far everything was going smoothly.

starcraft_2_render7E0.png

[SIZE= 18px]- Mesa Skydocks -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" Brittannia & Russian Southeast Flank "[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]W[/SIZE]hat's your plan? And what rendezvous point?" asked Artemis, switching to a private encrypted comms channel. Panzer Dragon, who was saved by the Bastion Deflection shield, and whose mech was now undergoing repairs, strode over to Artemis and Shina.

As Artemis listened in the hangar of The Endurance, waiting for repairs and re-supplies to her Dynasty Scarab to be completed. Engineers radioed in, saying that they'll be done repairing and assimilating the mind dominating device in one of Artemis' soldier's cargo mechs in twenty minutes.

"Get that mech, and our own handlers on a fast hovercraft now. Tell them to continue assimilation while keeping close to Belial. Once they're done, inform me, take control of Belial and have that titan flip up Dulcia."

"Roger!"

Switching to another channel, Artemis addressed the remaining officers of her last battalion "Alpha and Zeta company, new orders, take three hundred of your best men and rendezvous with Panzer Dragon here." she marked a spot on the mini-map. "He'll be leading you in an operation."

"Another plan? What do you need me to do?" asked Panzer.

"Hi-jack this enemy battle cruiser, the Arcturos, and ram it straight into Thanatos heart. I'll be with Shina to take over the other one."

"That's . . . crazy. I like it. I'll head out once I'm all good." said Panzer and jogged off to where his mech was docked in the hangar.

In ten minutes his Crimson Vulcan launched out of the hangar and back up into the sky just in time to see the alliance charge the enemy army's southeastern flank. Explosions dotted the landscape and a rain of mechanical parts fell from the sky. He circled far to the south where Artemis' three hundred were waiting for him on the shifting sands.

@tammynorthland

SHina listened in as artemis gave her question to her. "Artemis. There will be a rendezvous point once the second battlecruiser has fallen. This being said the special soldiers will make their way to the outskirts of the battlefield. We can then meet and go after the 3rd one to use against them. The only issue is the amount of men needed to operate the battlecruisers is pretty large. Depending on how many soldiers will be in on the 3rd cruiser will make a huge impact on us being able to do that." Shina spoke will conviction and was well educated at what they were going to have to do regarding the plan. However they also had the mind control device. Shina Flew behind Artemis along with the cover she was provided with by the other soldiers commanded to keep her protected until they landed in the hanger name The Endurance. Shina dropped the mind control device and yelled from the mental strain it had trying to fly around with the big ass device in her arms while getting shot at. She was damaged. She was out of ammo and also lost her rifle and drone was out of fuel. The damage was not fatal. However it would need to get some temporary fixes. Shina dismounted her Shiryoku and hopped down nano suit covered in her sweat from the stress she was enduring. Another bonus of the suit was it did a great job at regulating her body temperature. In 110 degree heat though. It only worked so well. And even the motor in her mech caused the AC inside the cabin to warm up. It was a double edged sword but she managed to ask one of the techs to refuel her Pyro drone as well as equip Shiryoku with a standard sniper rifle for the remainder of the mission as well as grabbing some Armor piercing rounds.

"Artemis." Shina made her way over sitting down on the hanger floor on her ass.

Before Artemis replied Shina radioed to Redmann to check in on the mission. "Redmann Come in"

@Zer0

Redmann was in the heat of a battle. They already lost 3 men total. And the guards were way better armed then they anticipated. Redmann used his mechs brute strength and tore off a mechs arms and literally finished bashing in the skeleton frame to a pulp. The man inside was probably in pieces. He yanked the SMG and started way firing toward anything that moved as the soldiers were providing the cover fire they needed to keep him intact and as well as progress. The other battles in each limb were going under way as well. The soldiers all had the same goal the enemy knew what they were planning. DID THEY?

Redmann begun to think if this could have been a trap. But it couldn't be that they would know where they entered from and for a while they were on the element of surprise. This did not make sense. Either way Group one in the left arm message into Redmann. "Redmann we made it. We are planting the device now."

"Copy that soldier!" Redmann pistol whipped a soldier inside their mech as the machine stagger backward and he rebuttled a disarming technique followed by unloading the clip into the mech. It didn't get back up...."Typical" He spat.

They continued to another staircase and then made their way down. The battlecruiser was so massive that even mechs could make it down. If their intel was right there was supposed to be a point where everyone had to go on foot in the lower body of the cruiser. It must have been because the weight was so massive they didn't want to risk structural integrity. Either way their insights were right. They came to a docking port and saw the whole area was empty. "Why is no one here?" A soldier asked.

Redmann Sighed and looked around. He thought for a moment pausing and not saying a word. "Because they knew we would come here...."

@LordPicklesworth @Abdel featherfall @CkSmalling @Orpheus @Beowulf

- Mesa Skydocks Area -

" Brittannia & Russian Southeast Flank "

"Alright, I'll get my men and women ready." said Artemis. She pulled out fifty soldiers and three control bridge officers from the Endurance, all volunteers.

"We're crashing into Thanatos, chances are, those coming with me to capture the control deck won't have enough time to clear the blast radius as we'll be piloting that battle-cruiser up to the last second to make sure it strikes that monster straight in the heart." she told those mounting their mechs in the hangar ten minutes later. "This is your last chance to turn back."

"General, as an asset to the war, wouldn't it be better if you stayed in the Endurance?"

"You want me to stand in the balcony and wave you off? No, I'm not going to do that. I'm going to go with you. You guys don't have a medic." she chuckled. "I want us all to come back home, gentlemen." said Artemis, switching her Dynasty Scarab's systems online.

This was why she turned the Endurance into a mobile supply-depot, repair and medic center, with shields that could withstand heavy enemy fire. She wanted to reduce the casualties as much as she could.

"Those of you who've made up your mind, let's fly! Shina, ready on your mark!"

@tammynorthland

Meanwhile, Panzer Dragon and the three hundred had begun their coordinated assault on the enemy battlecruiser, the Arcturos. The majority acted as bait, employing hit and run tactics against the foes guarding the ship, while three small squads cut their way through the hull using plasma welders and slipped in.

Their presence was immediately detected. Two groups were engaged by the enemy immediately, while one group --- the one Panzer was in --- were able to disguise themselves as Brittannia soldiers. They made their way to the control deck without contest, but stopped when they saw that up ahead the electronic door of the deck was shut, locked probably.

"Hey, I need eyes on the bridge, what's going on in there?" said Panzer.

"They're holed up in there, sir!" said a soldier. "There's twenty five of them, heavily armed and armored, protecting the pilots."

"Copy that." said Panzer. That wasn't good. There were only six in their squad. "Can you rock the deck?"

"No good, sir, battlecruiser shields are still up."

Panzer looked out of a port window. If they can't get through the door, then they'll make their way through the control deck's windows. "Everyone, follow me, we're going out for some fresh air."

Robert's support squadron were all killed apart from one and he was shaken to the core. He analyzed the situation and came to a heartbreaking conclusion. He was not letting anymore of his men die at this bloody battlefield.

"Alright men, looks like the enemy is dead set on destroying the device. I suggest we lend them a hand. Concentrate all missiles on the device on my command. I will create a dust cloud that will help us escape this hell hole. On my mark, fire all missiles." He finally said over the comms.

He switched to a private channel to his leader. "Artemis, we found the device but we are outnumbered and outgunned. I hope you have found a way to find the rest of the handlers cause we are destroying what we have here. Permission to flee this battlefield and send coordinates to any of the Canines who need our help."

'Alice, send repair drones to repair the camouflage system and make it fast."

"Repair drones at 90% sir. Requesting additional 10 seconds."

"10 seconds we don't have. Men fire all missiles. FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!"

Simultaneously, rockets from the standing 10 or so soldiers fired their auxiliary missiles towards the machine. 

"Repair complete sir. Active camouflage online"

'Finally some good news. Alright men. When the wind gets dusty, activate your camo. We will flee due south east towards the rich mountains. There are caves big enough to hide our mechs as we count our losses."

"Thruster Blast Online."

"Activate!"

All the mechs thrusters faced the ground and made a loud clap sound. A mushroom dust raising more than 100 meters and 100 meters in diameter was formed. All mechs went stealth and flew south east towards the mountains. 

He counted the losses which he encountered. 40 in total. The enemy is going to lose more than 500 to compensate of the fallen soldiers.

@Zer0

- General Artemis Romanov -

"Robert, glad to hear you're alright!" said Artemis relieved voice through the comms.

"Come back quick, Thanatos has reached the Mesa Skydocks, the Brits and Russians are laying siege to it now. Looks like they're trying to capture instead of destroy it. They need all the help they could get there. Me and Shina are on route to capture an enemy battle cruiser, while Panzer is having some trouble getting into the control bridge of another one with three hundred of my soldiers. All three areas need your help!"

(OOC:  @CkSmalling, choose where you wanna' be. @tammynorthland , gonna' go ahead to the battle cruiser we're capturing tomorrow)

shina shook her head. She didnt care if she lived or died at this point and to be honest she wasnt worried about anything that was gonna be thrown at her. She escaped death so many times and the last time her friends were all killed. This being said there was no point in trying to survive the war. However she wouldnt be killed so easy. If God wanted her dead she would accept it.

"Im fucking going. no acceptions. Im the lead sniper of the special soldiers, they wont accept me being absent." Shina relayed to Artemis. The girl adjusted her nanoskin as it suctioncupped back onto her body with the thousands of microscopic nanobots latching on to her skin so many and such a slight for of comfort compared to wearing a second skin. It was how it aquired the name. The soldiers were given them to help with vitals and the heat and cold. However it wasnt perfect, meaning there were more updates soon to come. Hopefully ones to close and heal wounds on the body without a medic. Maybe more.

Shina finished up with the reloading bay and the drones equipped Shiryoku with a military standard sniper rifle along with a s.n.a.i.l.

snipers

necessity 

articulates

iridescent

lenses.

The scope was one she had in the Shiryokus stow away box since the beginning of the war. However she would have to swap out the scope and realign it once she was at the third checkpoint. Considering her old rifle had been lost at the fence she was getting a basic military standard rifle. This would up the anty quite a bit. although it didn't add power or accuracy rifle side. The lenses were made of crystal rather than glass. This rifle system allowed her to make slight adjusted to cover up sun glare and shadow glare to get better shots. In addition other lenses once swapped out could adapt the cross hairs and even detect the wind in a sensor to aid in the shot and the traversing path that the bullet would take. This scope had alot to offer. And was a prototype that her and other master snipers were gifted before the war. They weren't allowed to tell anyone to keep the intel from the enemy. The best thing about the S.n.a.i.l. scope was that the lenses could locate and target enemies. using sensors that were otherwise impossible to detect camouflaged enemies in the distance allowed her to see them through the scope eye due to the mechanical and crystal properties and technology. She was told it would be like looking at them clear as day if it all went well. Lets hope they were right.

"Right on your tail Artemis" She said as she begun mounting the Shiryoku once everything was prepped.

@Zer0

Redmann made his way into the main dock as the soldiers were cautious to set down the package. They were nervous. But no one was as nervous as redmann. He was unarmed because his timer dinged out and on top of it he had to be in charge of all 4 groups making it out alive. What was so tough about this mission that made it more dangerous? Why were they all so on edge? Well for starters, Busterius is a massive heavy slow armored fortress. Almost nothing could damage it. They spent a long time studying the fortress on multiple battlefields over time and were able to still be inconclusive on a way to destroy it. One day they figured it out. Something this strong had to have a weak spot. It was inside.

'destroying it from the inside.' Redmann spoke in his head recalling the orders. THey were given "The package." As the soldiers all called it 4 hyperthermic detonation devices. The were to be used on all four limbs to explode the busterius' arms and legs off making it rendered useless. From that point any land soldier could invade and take control considering the beast was literally a massive shield waltzing on the battlefield. 

Redmann didn't feel right though. He glanced around. It was too quiet. The soldiers were already beginning to deploy the package.

Redmann glanced around. THe room was abandoned. just boxes and storage crates. as if they no longer used it. "Wait, why would they have resistance down here if they jsut had boxes...." He turned on his scanners. glancing around.

"Ok Redmann the Package is ready for delivery" The soldier said as he pressed the button." The others turned and began to run.

"Stop!!" Redmann chanted.

they halted. "Sir we have 4 minutes before this and the other 3 light up."

"We arent going anywhere...... look" Redmann made his way to a crate and pulled from behind it a massive device his scanners picked up. 

"What the fuck is it?" A soldier murmured."

"scrambler.....Shut off the bomb!!" Redmann yelled as the soldier did so.

He approached it. " Once the scrambler does its work it will blow off all the bombs before we an get outside the Busterius. This is why no one is in here. THey were going to cause our own weapons to kill us too." Redmann radioed into Shina and Artemis. "Shina, Artemis. All canines. We are trapped inside the Busterius battlecruiser. They have scramblers all throughout the battlecruiser and I am pretty sure once we set off the timers they are going to ignite them prematurely." Redmann thought for a moment. "I need a soldier on the outside. We need a massive EMP. Or at least something to block their signal."

@Zer0

Connor saw the carnage first hand that Thanatos could create. He had stopped in his tracks as the beast brought one of it's claws down and split his base in two. He could picture what was going on inside the base right now. The remaining emplacements were shaking off the shock and preparing to try and push off the gargantuan beast, using artillery and AA point blank to drive it even a step back. Meanwhile the hallways of Scarred Mesa became killing fields, his work and remodeling paying off as each hallway became a choke point lined with kill holes filled with men and women desperately fighting to stay alive and to prevent everything they've worked for to just fade away into nothing more then a whisper.

They were all fighting so hard, and here he was sitting with nothing in his hands, his gun out of ammo and his chainsword lost somewhere among the debris. Shaking himself out of his stupor, he engaged his thrusters and made his way through the relative calm of the east flank to a friendly carrier to be repaired and rearmed, the plan of his squad filling his cockpit through the radio. "Sorry I'm a bit late. I had some things I needed to deal with." he radioed to them. "Where do you need me, Artemis?"

Meanwhile, Minos was rampaging through the center. Rounds ricocheted off his armor, or harmlessly sunk into it. His front was protected by razor sharp horns and claws that ripped and tore. His hind legs were no less lethal, kicking anyone that got close, thinking it a blind spot. But he could sense a being far older then him needing his help, Dulcia the Dragon Turtle. She was battling with another Titan, one that could fly and had latched onto her shell. He would help her, he would help this ancient being. And so he charged back through the enemy lines, making his way back towards the slow Titan. And once he reached her, began scaling her legs, all the while he was still being shot at. Round after round hit his ballistic vest, one shot even hitting him in the head but his thick skull stopped it short from killing him. He would help her, and he'd help that human woman that was up there to.

invasion058.jpg

- Mesa Skydocks Area -

" Brittannia & Russian Southeast Flank "

"Skydocks, Connor." said Artemis. "They need you."

She, Shina, and fifty three personnel from the Endurance made their way to the rendezvous point the sniper lady spoke of earlier. A few kilometers away was their mission objective: one of the enemy's two battle cruisers, floating at the rear of the army close to the south east flank.

Below, the battle in the sands waged on as after the alliance's charge, the enemy swarmed to take them on. At this point of the battle, the fuel of the mechs that have been out here the longest was running out and most have taken the fight on the ground to conserve it. The good thing with Thanatos being so monstrously huge was that he had to stay still in order not to interfere with the maneuvers of the Brittannia and Russian armies, and the enemy couldn't use him in the fight against the alliance because even the wind of his passing would blow their own mechs away.

Back in Dulcia's area, the retreating Belial stopped and seemed to be struggling with a splitting head ache. Then the announcement, "Belial is under our control! All alliance troops, cease fire on the wyvern titan!" blurted out of the comms.

It seemed that Artemis' engineers were successful. Belial roared and then slowly, but surely turned around and was limping back to join the fray.

"Calm down, calm down, Dulcia!" the soldiers were saying to the flipped dragon turtle as Belial loomed over them. "He's under Artemis control, remember Artemis? Belial is just going to flip you back up, it's alright."

With a huge groan the wyvern titan rocked the dragon turtle the right way up.

@tammynorthland, @Beowulf

Chris had just gotten back from medical leave for awhile, apparently he had been exposed to something that had caused the nerve endings in his eye to start healing to some degree.  Before he had went to the doctor he had been suffering from severe eye pain that had caused him see spots and give him massive migraines that made it nearly impossible to preform on the field.  So he had got himself checked out and thats when the doctors figured it out, his eye was healing, and if he survived this he would be eligible for an artificial eye, something Chris had been chasing for years, but now that it was within his grasp he was unsure if it was what he truly wanted.  

The soft click of military issue boots echoed down the hall as Chris walked briskly down to the mech bay where his baby was being stored, Wasp.  She was as much a part of him as he was of her, the doors opened with a metal creak and Chris walked into the bay filled with shouts, mechs being tested and fixed, welding, and loud clanging.  Walking over to Wasp he clambered up into the open cockpit, propping himself up on the edge of the cockpit and the controls Chris just sat there for a about a minute before he noticed that the coms light was blinking.  Reaching down he flicked it on the voice on the other side was Redmann broadcasting to all Canines. Then it hit Chris, there was hardly anyone on base right now he had not really noticed it until now they all must have been off on their own missions.  The more Chris thought about it the more he realized that he was probably the only combat ready personnel on base, meaning that he had Redmann needed help and Chris would be damned if fail to help.  Snatching his coms from the pilot seat, Chris clambered down Wasps' leg, dropped the ground, and took off running putting his coms on as he ran.

Making a quick stop to grab his gear, Chris took of to where the EMP was waiting on the ship in the bay ready to take off.  Charging up the loading ramp and right into the cockpit where the pilot sat Chris called to the man as he walked up, "Get this bird in the air we're gonna go take care of Redmann."  The pilot looked at Chris confused, "But we're supposed to wait for orders fro..." He was cut off as Chris yelled at him, "Look you can wait for proper orders and let a superior die or you can do what I say and help me save lives!" Chris waited till the man nodded slowly, giving the pilot a curt nod and turned calling over his should, "Follow me and be ready to drop your payload."  Chris ran to one of the Light Assault vehicles stationed just outside the bomber and jumped in, stwiching on the power he took off as the bomber followed behind.  Jumping on the same chanel that Redmann was on Chris radioed him, "Redmann this is Chris, i'm enrout with an EMP bigg enough to give you enough time to set the charges and make it out, i need your coordinates."

@tammynorthland 

The EMP came into its coordinates and the signal dropped it right on top of Redmanns location. Even though he was in the foot the last massive EMP was enough to scramble all of their electronics, Redmann quickly made his commands telling everyone to get back to work. They would be completely offline from the outside world as well as each other. The only hope was for them all to know to get to the rendezvous point. Within minutes they tried reloading the charges. "Sir the charges are fucked too" Someone said to redmann.

"Fuck we cant set them on a timer...." Redmann thought for a moment as he begun thinking of the possible routes to take. A charge that large would have to be set on a manual timer. Which meant only a minute tops. Redmann made his way over and begun to work on the package hoping the others in the different limbs would come up with the same idea. Then he begun working on it until he was able to override it. "Ok everyone get out now!!!" 

" Whose gonna stay and set off the charge.!" someone yelled as Redmann set it back down into place. 

" It doesn't matter I can figure it out, Just GO!" The soldiers all argued saying they were not ready to leave their teammate behind. " This is an order. Get out you have 5 minutes! NOW!" The soldiers all said their goodbyes and begun their ascent to the exit in the Busterius where they entered from where they begun seeing the other soldiers. Some said their stories about how a few soldiers stayed behind to set off the charges just like Redmann had risked his life to. The exit was a 5 minute escape route with no resistance. This meant none of them would make it. Redmann hit the timer. It begun to tick down. He stood back and sigh dismounting his Mech. He pulled a cigar from his pack and light it up and began to puff on it as the timer begun to tick down. 45 seconds.

"I made a name for myself. I am proud of everything I did." He pulled out a locket with his wife in it. She passed away a while ago. A tear rolled from his face. "Im coming to see you." He said silently. He begun to take in all he was fighting for. All he battled and fought for, he was the best warrior in his class. The greatest fighter of his division. His mech was so specialized and so well built that even the enemy knew his name. The lake batoo he fought with the Canines in. Everything. He had no worries anymore. Only peace. He blew a smoke cloud. and begun to worry less and less. He stepped back into his mech lowering the hatch to the chest where his controls all lied around. The crates all around him were explosives. Once the packages from each limb went off he would die. There was no hiding it. No more running. No more fighting. He took his last breathe.

4 massive explosions set off as each charge exploded inside the Busterius. Sending massive pieces of shrapnel flying all over the battlefield. The body was getting blown up from the inside. The explosions were violent. They were almost comparable to a mini nuclear explosion. Releasing molten energy that vaporized the steel beams supporting the Busterius. The massive limbs getting destroyed and sent the Busterius collapsing onto its knees. This was the day that Redmann fought his last battle. Not only for himself but for the whole world. The crimson canines along with all the other friendly factions watched the gigantic unstoppable Busterius Battlecruiser collapse and fall to its knees. No one inside would survive. Heck even the blasting body parts from the machine would take casualties. The machine thudded onto the sandy wasteland. The EMP worked. It destroyed everything electronically allowing the canines to get the upper hand. And the the other soldiers who gave their lives to set off the charges. They would also be remembered like Redmann the clone warrior. The massive machine collapsed and the remaining soldiers made their way to the next rendezvous point based off of general direction. As they gained distance from the EMP their signals and gear would come back online.

@Zer0

@Killorkiller

the soldiers all landed where the rendezvous point was among their flight they watched the massive Busterius battle cruiser fall to its knees. It was such an amazing sight. It was another turning point for the war. They were beggining to get the upper hadn. Finally the battle seemed to take a turn that they needed. Now they would have to use their new knowledge to take over the last 2 mechs and destroy Thanatos once and for all. "Artemis..... They did it!!" She said. Finally they landed along with the other soldiers and Artemis along with some other close friends. THey neevr thought that the day would come where they saw the legendary Busterius fall.

- Panzer Dragon -

" Enemy Battlecrusier: Arcturos "

Wind whipped Panzer's suit as he and six soldiers hugged the hot metal walls of the Arcturos battlecruiser outside. They were climbing, making their way to the huge glass window of the control deck.

"Nice view! Perfect weather for a climb this is! Clear skies with a chance of a rain of bullets!" said one soldier, hooking his carabiner on to a strip of metal before moving up to the top with the rest.

"Look, the Busterius has fallen!" said another. The six soldiers cheered. "It's our turn now, let's not let our brothers down! How far do we have to go, Panzer, sir?"

"This is far enough, any close and we'll be fried! Command, requesting light aerial strike on these coordinates!" said Panzer dragon into his comms. He marked the giant windows of the battle cruiser and relayed the confirmation of the strike to his allies. "Brace yourselves! Aerial strike incoming, E.T.A. twenty seconds!"

They didn't have to wait long before a formation of mechs from Artemis three hundred fought their way from the rear of the battle cruiser and dropped bombs on the front of the control bridge. Panzer and his men hung on for dear life as the metal they were on rocked and shook from the impact.

"Go, go, go!" yelled Panzer. Standing up, the six loosened their ropes and ran forward through the smoke. They leaped, smg's ready and swung into the shattered hole of the control bridge windows, firing at all that moved.

The enemy was taken by surprise, some knocked down from the aerial strike. With a thud, Panzer landed on the floor, rolling to break his fall and dove for cover. His flamethrower mechanically shifted into a great sword just as two allies yelled, "Flashbang!"

They heard the deafening boom, and quick as a flash Panzer moved in, while the six provided cover and fired at their blind and deafened foes. "Artemis, we're in, beginning the capture of the control bridge!" said Panzer. He switched frequencies, "I need ten mech reinforcements here ASAP!"

While this was going on, Artemis looked on restlessly to the last battlecruiser. "Shina, where to next?"

(OOC: @tammynorthland, I'm just gonna' wait until we get in the last battlecruiser.)

Shina was right behind the other soldiers on the bridge. The battle was immense. Raining of bullets were all over the place on top of Arcturos. The battle was getting heavy but Shina was given orders. A radio comm came through to her system.

Shina this is sergeant Holtus, Head grenadier of the special soldiers..... Redmann....-"

"I don't want to hear it." Shina let a tear roll from her cheek. It felt almost as if even her mech shed a massive tear of its own. It wasn't what she wanted to hear. Not  now. Not here. She lost so much. SO many people she loved passed away from this fucking war she couldnt take it anymore. She didn't need the pain of learning about Redmanns fate. She KNEW. She had no time. "Orders?"

The sergeant replied after a long hesitation. " I heard we are changing plan. According the general Artemis she plans on ramming the last 2 battlecruisers into Thanatos' heart." He said with conviction in his voice. "We are going to need you on the last battlecruiser. Our forces are running thinner we already have a confirmed loss of 100 of the 250 special soldiers....Including some of my family. My friends. We need you at these coordinates now!" He sent Shina the fresh coordinates to where she needed to go. She was in the middle of her mission this point in time they were able to seize control of the 3rd battlecruiser now they had to hold down the fort. It would only be a matter of time until the other battlecruiser found out and tried to attack their own Massive mech. They had only a moments notice. Shina was on the control deck looking through the broken glass from the top of the Arcturos.

"Artemis..." Shina walked up in her mech. and gave her a massive hug." Inside her mech she felt tears rolling from her cheek. She didnt want her to know she was crying. She was afraid to lose Artemis. Panzer dragon. Everyone else. She couldn't let that happen. Shina released her hug and looked into the mechs mechanical eyes. "Dont fucking die either. promise me." Shina turned around and launched her self out the window in a swift motion falling from the sky taking a few random bullets of damage. She saw her altitude dropping quick. Right before the ground came into view she activated her thrusters and blasted out of the firing zone from the mech. She flew acorss hovering over the battlefield launching swift aggressive slashes at soldiers and mechs going at it decapitating several mechs with brutal swift strikes along with obliterating several soldiers in her way that tried to give heavy fire a rocket blaring past her head by only a few inches from her head. Could have killed her. But she was still here. Shina flew across the battlefield to the last location. It was where they had the C.r.a.w.l.e.r.

77625492233d07cdc6f0cfcb1a94d9eb.jpg
Creeping

Rapidly

Across

Weary

Lingering

Enemy

Robots

Shina landed right in front of the chamber as it opened greeted by her fellow soldiers. They all exchanged their hellos very quick as the enemy fire was heavy. They were inside now making their way to the last mech across the sand a mile from the next battlecruiser. For the battlecruisers it would be easy to cover that distance.

Before they knew it their target was coming into view. They only had a few moments to prepare. "Initiating latching system" The machine changed its position as it came along the leg of the massive and final battelcruiser. They were initially going to do a guerrilla warfare style of battle. They were going to creep along the body dropping mine eggs all across the surface blowing it to bits one blast at a time while the mechs of the soldiers deployed causing the enemies to focus fire on them like flies on shit. Instead they were going to deploy the spider like mech up the massive machine making its way to the control room and flood the room and then secure the floor. With all the soldiers inside still they would then let a handful loose to take out any resistance while the control pad was under lock down. The control panel would also have to be seized as well which would be up to a group of hackers and other special soldiers on the mission. The The machine finally made contact on the last and final target of their horrible mission. It was initiating the attack on the offensive battlecruiser. Opterius.

UEF_ACU_Rnder.jpg

Opterius stood as tall as a skyscraper. It was equipped with 2 massive interstellar cannons capable of destroying massive amounts of enemy forces with a single blast. The shoulders contained drone units that orbited the mech to help with the defense considering the mech had no limbs to deflect attacks. It was equipped with massive rocket launchers of all sizes all over its body and full brigades of turrets that were used to take out air attacks. This beast had it all. It was a multi billion dollar machine. One they were going to use to destroy Thanatos himself as he himself was taking his toll on the battlefield being almost unstoppable. One thing the enemy never thought was that the crimson canines were going to do a nice plan of their own. Kill the enemy with their own weapons. Even with their own allies inside. It was a massive upside the battle was going to turn to. Once controlled they would be able to take control of the battle destroying and forcing the enemy to retreat. HOPEFULLY.

The Crawler made its way up the leg like a spider inside your pants. It was already getting attention as the drones were already going to attack. Some were shot down by the canines cannon system but there were to many. "We need mechs out there covering us until we take control of the control platform NOW" Shina listened to second in command on the ship. It was another famous soldier. Captain Archmann. another legendary fighter like Redmann. Just like Redmann he had a unique fighting style..... Hand to hand. He was more than just your typical warrior. He graduated the mech league top of his class using only hand to hand fighting. Where he truly got the upper hand was where his mech came into play. It fought with rocket contact punches and kicks much like brass knuckles but on a much bigger scale and his legendary mech made its way into Shinas view. "Redmann didnt-"

"No" Shina replied turning around in her Shiryoku. She looked at the beast. It was her first time seeing him.

four_armed_mech_with_odd_helmet_and_obvious_textur_by_caleb_havertape-d7gwx6b.jpg

his mech was called 6x6. a 6 armed mech that was insanely hard to control. Due to having an additional 2 arms to maintain control of the man Archman really must have been a great fighter. She heard rumors of his battle styles back even at Peace Summit. She heard he helped with the resistance in fighting to keep the peace during the event which felt so long ago. 

Shina shook one of his right arms. "Shina. Head sniper of the Crimson canines"

He nodded. "come with me. We need 30 mechs covering the Crawler follow me!"

The hatch begun to open and the hellos were short lived. Shiryoku and 6x6 took off outside the safety of the crawler. The mechs flew in close formation. Shina checked her vitals apart from being dehydrated she was going to make it on the fuel and ammo she had. Shina flew into contact with 3 drones that blasted her with fire she lit up like a torch.

6x6 controlled by Archman smashed two of them together deflating them like basketballs. "Shina you copy!?" The fire blast was massive. It was enough to incinerate her mech without hesitation. Shina didn't reply inside the fireball "SHINA!" 6x6 was occupied blasting a rocket punch threw another drone as it popped like a party balloon. Shina wasn't replying. he looked at the fire ball with Shina inside as it begun to fade away releasing a blast of mist and ice shards.

"Yes?" Shina replied quietly in her comm. She got another goodie inside the refuel station. They swapped out her acid drone with a cryogenic drone back on the refueling ship back with Artemis. One of the Special soldiers equipped it knowing the fire power would be hard to deal with on the last 2 battlecruisers. Damn was he smart for making that call. Shina blasted through the ice and mist with the drone providing cover fire as Shiryoku blasted apart several drones with a quick pick fire system with her semi automatic sniper rifle and the scope she put on it. her Snail scope was helping to lock on and target the enemies since they were so small and agile it was still a tough shot even for her. Some of the blasts missed but were aided by other machine gun fire from her fellow allies. Shina glanced down at the crawler it was making progress. Quickly making its way up. By now they were half way up the machine. There was no way they would be able to hold these drones off forever there were more getting deployed and they would have to have cover fire soon. Shina let out her Pyro drone "Fight fire with fire mother fuckers." Shina watched as the 2 mechs were chasing around freezing or melting the drones that came to close while she made her shots to pick off the enemies herself. By now other mechs were making their way to the battlefield. "Now its a party."

Shina shot down another mech it was 2 down and before she knew it she was getting heavy fire. Archmann cut her off deploying a new move of his. Energy arms. he looked back." Use me as a shield" He said as they flew in a slow hovering pattern to the enemies while Shina nodded and without haste begun picking her shots while the 2 drones helped her out with the flanks. Her cryogenic drone ran out of fuel and made its way back to its port in her shoulder meanwhile the pyro drone was still going strong. Shina made another shot before she had to reload. The enemy mechs grew angry and tried for a up close and personal attack. 

"HAHAHAHA" Archmann laughed. "Stand back Shina"

6x6 activated what appeared to be a fresh set of rockets nubs that appeared on the tips of archmanns knuckles before taking to deflecting their swords, axes and other melee weapons with nothing but his swift movements and deflection techniques. Archmann tossed a double punch from his right hands and the rockets went off incinerating the mech melting the power core before it exploded followed by a fly rebuttal with a swift elbow to deflect a swinging blade.

BANG.

He looked back to see the smoke of Shinas barrel as her reload was finished. "I had that!!" He yelled

"Cant have all the action!" Shina chuckled before the banged another shot that allowed 6x6 an opening to destroy the power core causing it to explode. His punches were so precise. So perfect. It was like he was dancing in the sky. Something she NEVER saw in any fighting style. It almost looked like he was dancing with kung fu moves mixed it. Not a single enemy was even able to scathe him with a blade. This must be what it means to be someone of the legendary mech class. Shina could only hope that she would be there one day. In honor of Redmann. Shina flew up and ignored Archmann for now while her mech tossed through the sky and she hovered over the crawler along with 5 other mechs who were covering the machine as it was almost to the top. They were so  close. Only a little ways to go. Shina looked at her allies and dismounted a machine gun from an unmanned turret holding its heavy weight in her arms. Even her mech was struggling putting all the systems on overdrive causing her mech to siren alarms. "no more games. you guys need to piss off!" the chain gun rotated and fired off a flurry of bullets as she directed them at any enemy moving in her sights. The snail scope wasn't going to help in this gun since it was on her sniper so she would have to do her best at clearing the sky. The mechs and drones started exploding and falling left and right. Her shots were uncontrolled but so presise. Every blast was buying them enough time to get closer and closer to the top. She was going to take out the militia of them with this fucking thing. She felt the heat rise in the Shiryoku it was overheating from supporting the massive gun along with using all the power to keep itself on flight. She tried cooling off her jets by landing on the back and latching onto the mech spider in order to allow her chassis to cool off a little bit. It was still to hot. It only helped a little bit but by the time she had to toss the gun the enemies were retreating from the combined fight between her, Archmann and the other special soldiers. They were up on the control deck. 

And staring them all in the face. 

a voice projected from the Crawlers captain as he blastedd open the control tower glass with an explosive egg the Crawler dropped from its bomb port. "seize the control tower!!!"

@Zer0

" Enemy Battlecruiser: Opterius "

Artemis, her three battlecruiser pilots, and her fifty soldiers launched out of a C.R.A.W.L.E.R. hangar after the command, greeting the enemy with flashbang bombs and giant rifles spitting metal and fire behind a wall of shields.

“I don’t want to hear any reports of, ‘I am holding my position!'" Artemis roared to her troops. "We are not holding a single thing. Let the Brits and Russians do that. We'll be advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy’s @#%$!"

"Hoorah!"

"We are going to twist his @#%$ and kick the living @#%$ out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing from the control tower to the engine room regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy.”

"HOORAH!"

Goliaths shifted their barrage chain rifles into tempest blades and charged with their bulwark tactical shields in front of them at the enemy survivors that had bunkered down in the control room. Mech parts flew and Artemis' troops seized the controls where her three battle cruiser pilots began hacking into the system under the shields of allied Dynasty Scarabs.

"General, they've rigged a bomb on to the control deck and are doing the same thing in the hallways to the engine room!" said one of her hackers who wirelessly linked the enemy battlecruiser's camera feeds to Artemis mech.

"Cover me!" Artemis yelled at one soldier, who happened to be Assassin Marmot.

"Go, I've got your back!"

"Where's the bomb?" asked Artemis who ducked as a giant bullet pinged off a metal part inches from her face. The hacker told her it was directly underneath them. She called two mechs that began cutting through the steel floor with plasma welders, and ripped off the metal. There underneath the shifting gears and live wires was a hastily set-up, fifteen-thousand pound BLU-82B/C-130 bomb, otherwise known as "Daisy Cutter" among demolition experts. It had enough explosive power to flatten a section of forest into a mech company landing zone.

Click, beep, beep.

And it just went live. Seven minutes to explosion.

Sweat dropped from Artemis brow and on to her helmet's visor. "I-I got this." It was easier to access the bomb by roping down the bridge, and begin disarming it from the bottom. Artemis did that while the fight went on with two soldiers hanging on either side of her to guard her. And with her shock resistant prosthetic arm, carefully pushed apart the live wires that surrounded the bomb and began unscrewing the timer lid.

@tammynorthland

After directing the drop ship to the drop zone Chris flew into the loading bay of the large ship, knowing that Shina and Artemis would be going after the next battle cruiser Chris several other mech pilots started getting ready for air drop.  As Chris got back to the drop ship he hopped out and started looking for Redmann, grabbing a near by soldier by the shoulder Chris pulled him close, "Where's Redmann?"  The soldier's eyes darted to the ground, "the timer was busted, h-he stayed to set off the charges" with that the soldier quickly made his escape.  Chris's world instantly dulled, the colors seemed to fade, and everything was far away, Redmann had made the ultimate sacrifice and it was not fair.  With unshed tears in his eyes Chris walked over to Wasp, resting his hand on his mech he spoke quietly to himself, "I-I will not let it happen again, not again."  Regaining composure, Chris swiftly climbed into his mech and got settled, firing up the armaments and defenses with steely focus.

THe drop ship neared the last battle cruiser, Opterius, as Chris led the small contingent of eight mechs to the bomb bay doors.  The troops in the C.R.A.W.L.E.R had already started the assault from the ground, but the defenses of Opterius where not calibrated to detect a ship flying at the altitude that the drop ship was flying at.  They where going to jump, and fall, and hopefully not end up as pancakes against the metal side of Opterius.  Turning the the other seven men Chris looked them over, they where not the best of the best but they volunteered for this mission, "Lets go!" Chris yelled raising his mechs fist in the air as he jumped out of the bomb bay doors.  Free falling through the air Chris used his thrusters minimally to correct his trajectory till he was on point for the control platform.  The wind whistled through Wasp dropping the in side temperature to a point where Chris could almost see his breath, nearing the minimal safe distance to deploy thrusters and slow down Chris waited till the last second before throwing the controls forward.  Wasp jolted and slowed as the boosters where ignited, and Chris landed on top of one of the enemy mechs crushing in under Wasp's feet.

"Lets do this" Chris said as he flipped on Wasp's overdrive and proceeded to tear into the enemy.  Jumping onto combat with another melee mech Chris used two of his mech's arms to hold off attacks while he riddled the enemy with holes using his two free arms, the clang of metal, the shock of impact, and the smell burning oil.  Hastily glancing around Chris saw that while he had been dealing with the enemy he had taken several bullets, a few of which had hit some of the hydraulics in Wasp's legs it would hamper his movement to be sure.  It was at this point that realized he had made another mistake, never get distracted in a fight, this dawned on Chris as a rocket fired from an enemy mech headed his way.  The explosion engulfed Wasp in smoke and fire, as the smoke settled a shimmering energy encompassed Wasp, thankfully Chris had just been able to activate Hyperion.  

The enemy would have crushed Chris and his small group of men if they had not been so preoccupied by the assault from the ground, speaking of which three friendly mechs had already fallen with more to join them.  The fighting raged on until friendly forces finally arrived at the control tower, thankful for the support and brief respite Chris looked over Wasp, one arm was nonoperational, he was loosing fluids, and a few other things.  Seeing Shina's mech sniping from afar Chris hopped on the coms, "Well Shina, is it good to see you.  What do say we take this piece of junk for ourselves?"

@tammynorthland

BOOOOM!

The control tower exploded into flames but not because the whole place went boom. No the bomb that was shaped in an egg blew apart the glass. Followed in a split second the tower was being invaded by huge mechs along with the Crawler deploying 2 power drones which would sap all power from the observation deck until the seize was done. The crawler was a specialist in creating attacks based on the element of surprise. The attack erupted in  slaughterhouse techniques of soldiers bashing the brains open of several of the deck men. None of them were armed. None of them even suited. They were all easy targets. The drones that took the stage closed out all power in the top half of the massive battlecruiser along with sealing all the doors to ensure no unwanted visitors made their way in. Followed by the attack Shina dismounted her mech. She took her gander at a familiar face. "Wasp..... Glad to see your here my friend." She smirked and drew her 805. Followed by this the space was cramped all the mechs besides Shiryoku, Wasp, 6x6, and a few others were docked by the shattered plexiglass. The rest of the forces all fired from outside then made their way inside the crawler and dismounted mechs before jumping into the control tower. They got to work right away. They would have to commit a lock in scenario and lock every soldier inside the battlecruiser in their sectors apart from the control tower which would be sealed off and guarded by grenadiers and a few heavy gunners. The deck was large. Massive in fact but the roof wasnt very tall and islands of computers littered all over the area making it impossible to support mechs inside the facility. This being said the soldiers begun their over riding on the system beginning to take control of the controls. During this time opterius was stagnant,. Unable to move since they were currently ungoing a command change they would only have a few minutes to figure it out but based on how fast the hackers were at work they would be able to autopilot it relatively soon. 

"Any answers yet from General Artemis?" Archmann said making his physical approach. He was tall. Skinny. very well built but he was more of a threat based off his height rather than his muscle. He was clean shaven and had crisp green eyes almost like stained glass. The man bore a sleeve tattoo that coated his entire right arm. He had a bite to match his bark outside 6x6 as well. 

"Not yet. Just a waiting game at this point. " Shinas eyes adjusted gazing as her helmet visor dis-attached and her hair fluttered down. She took a look around at all the bodies on the floor. All killed at her hands. She had no time to mourn the enemy. Only time to make whats right and finish what she started. "General Artemis! TODAY!...... The legendary battlecrusier Opterius!....IS. AT. OUR. COMMAND!!!!"

The crew let out a loud hoorah. the cruiser came to life with a final tweak of the control system. The bot was filled with life once more.

@Zer0 @Killorkiller  @Beowulf @Abdel featherfall @CkSmalling

Meanwhile Connor sat in his mech at one of the many choke points in his base and firing at the enemy in a blind haze of carnage. This was the third one he was defending, the other two he had closed off completely with the help of his demomen missiles. He had two and about a quarter of his ammo left, plus his new chainsword and his thermo-knuckles. So when he ran out or his mech took to much damage, he would just climb out and continue fighting on foot. There was enough storage space in the Rook for him to store his guns, and he could pilot in his frame, he just wouldn't have his M.O.L.L.E. but honestly he probably wouldn't need it.

"Sir. SIR! We need to fall back." he heard from one of the officers under his command.

"Oh? I don't believe we do." he told him calmly, deceptively so for what he was doing. "I haven't run out of ammo, you haven't run out either otherwise you wouldn't be firing right now. And the enemy cannot come in force because of how this base is designed. We will fall back once they become to much to handle, and I have to close off the corridor with a demo man. Is that clear?"

"Y-yes sir." was the response. Good, he would brook no nonsense and would not tolerate insubordination, especially now of all times. They had a fight on their hands, and it was the deciding one at that.

Meanwhile the few remaining emplacements gave the enemy hell. Entrenched machine guns gunning the enemy down as they made their way to the base, artillery crews still unloading into Thanatos, and AA firing at anything in the sky that showed up as red on the radar. But slowly these emplacements were being silenced, either by running out of ammo, dying, or surrendering. The fortress of Scarred Mesa was starting to fall. But it wouldn't fall silently. It wouldn't go softly into the night, to be remembered as numbers by the future. It would go kicking and screaming, raving at the fate handed to it by a divine being that it cannot see. If they were to lose, then it would be remembered by the enemy for generations. And if they were to somehow win, their names and actions would live on forever in glory.

Robert was still hiding in a cave south east of the battle. The battle drones were repairing the mechs and the soldiers were burying the fallen. They left a small tracker with a unique frequency so that they can track it once the battle was over. The wounded were taken care off and some were sleeping. He stood up and headed for the cave entrance. Over the distance, he saw a battle cruiser explode in a fiery explosion.

"I'l be dammed. They actually took down the goddam ship. Good riddance." He took out his small notebook and jotted down what he was gone through and what he had seen. He let out a sigh of relief and he heard a familiar voice over the comms.

"Babe, you alright?" Assassin said in a shaken voice.

"Yea i am. Ye of no faith." Robert replied a cool and soothing voice.

"I Knew you were alive. Just checking."

"Ha! We both know that you were scared. Its okay to admit it once in a while."

"Say this to anyone, you are a dead man."

Robert chuckled softly as he gazed to the skies. 'I know. I will sleep on the terrace. Again."

"This time, it will be at the door."

"Yes ma'am. So how is defending the ship going?"

"Its good. The ship is still in pristine on the outside but inside...riddled with bullet holes. Lost a couple of men. Like 4 or 5. How about your end?"

"We found a controller which could have lead to the other handler,but i lost 40 men just like that. I was outnumbered 100:1. We did destroy the device instead of recovering it but.." he kept quiet as words evaporated from his brain.

"Hot damn. That is just messed up. When this battle is over, you and me will disappear for a while. Maybe a year or 2. Join your pirate friend for a while."

"Hahahaha sounds like a plan. Thanks for being there babe."

"You know me. Gotta go. Pretty sure i saw someone trying to sneak in.Stay safe. Help others live through this."

"You got it love. Talk to you soon." He looked up to the sky and let out a sigh of relief.

"Artemis." He went into the cave to get on his mech. "Send me coordinates on whoever is in need of backup. Its time my pet had some fun before it ends."

"Recharge time for Thruster Blast, 48 hours. We need to change that name sir" Alice said as he got on the mech. "Repairs complete."

"Yes we do."

Mech_Battle.jpg

" Enemy Battlecruiser: Arcturos "

With the Opterius under alliance control, the only thing left to do was to fight through the enemy army between them and Thanatos, and ram it into the monster's heart. For the battlecruisers were at the rear of the Britannia and Russian army laying siege on the Mesa Skydocks.

Bomb disarmed and tucked safely in her Dynasty Scarab's cargo hold, Artemis and her soldiers flew out of the battle cruiser, pass the C.R.A.W.L.E.R. taking heavy enemy fire, and landed on the bridge of the Arcturos where Panzer and what remained of the three hundred soldiers were fending off the enemy attempting to destroy their own flying war ship.

"Robert, we're at the last phase of our operation." said Artemis through the comms. "We got a banged up battle cruiser bombarded by the enemy that we've got to fly across the whole battlefield and straight through Thanatos heart. And it seems the commander of their army has shown up to meet us. Put a bullet between his eyes."

One of Artemis' analyst on the Endurance tagged a speedy black mech bearing the Russian insignia on Robert's mini-map. It was flying at the side of a battalion of enemy mechs that had risen from the sands to destroy the Arcturos.

@CkSmalling

Panzer Dragon, who had cast off the cockpit of his mech after an enemy shredded his optics, landed bloodied on the deck. His AX-3 flamethrower glowing orange and shimmering in the heat haze emanating from the barrel.

"Your ready for the final stretch?" asked Artemis as the three pilots she brought with her maxed up the battle cruiser's thrusters to full speed ahead.

"Artemis, we've already started." said Panzer pointing at his bloodied self. "How long till collision?"

"Twenty seconds." Revving up the thrusters of her mech, she flew out and commanded her remaining soldiers to rally to her. At once about four hundred mechs flew up to shield the Arcturos from enemy fire below her. It was carnage. Sacrificing these lives to save the millions back at home, and of course hers was no exception, it wouldn't be fair. And so she flew out to meet the enemy battalion that was in their way. The battle cruiser was just bulldozing through the air, and all they had to do was to keep it flying straight.

The enemy broke through their first line of defense, and with a crash a missile knocked her Dynasty Scarab out of the sky and was sent spinning wildly into the bridge. The pilots got caught in the shrapnel blast, and now nobody was piloting the ship.

With a groan, Artemis shook her head. Her mech's optics were off line, she couldn't see and only heard the gunfire and blasts. Her cockpit flew open. Magnum karambits in hand, she dove to the side as a rain of bullets greeted her. The enemy was on the bridge, they were yelling. How many were there? Sounded like twelve.

"Panzer, I need back up, the pilots are down. They've gotten into the bridge --- Panzer!" Static on the comms, it was broken. She was on her own . . . of all the days, today just wasn't her lucky day. Lost most of her army, got pushed back by the enemy, no more mech, and now she was down to her guns and her suit. Well, you know what they say, you only fail if you give up and effort releases its reward only you refuse to quit. She let out a deep breath and activated her thermals.

Throwing a smokescreen flashbang, she waited for the bang and dove out her mech looking for foes before shooting sideways as she fell sliding towards cover. Fwoot, Fwoot, Fwoot!

A suppressed bullet through the neck of one enemy on the pilot controls of the bridge, another shocked one from the knee up, and the third missed one who automatically dove out of sight. Artemis slid behind a fallen mech. There were ten enemies . . . ten left. And they were shooting the controls!

"Oh no you don't!" but too late, there was an explosion and the floor beneath her feet began to tilt as the Arcturos veered to the side, one of the control stabilizers of the ship no longer online. An enemy saw her pop out and fired a burst from a rifle, disarming one of her guns that clattered to the floor and fell off the bridge. She hid and popped out the opposite side of her cover, shooting the head of her assailant before the tilt became too much and she had to run up and grab on to a bolted down chair.

BANG! BANG!

She had been shot on the head and back. Two more foes fell in an exchange of bullets, until the enemy had no choice but to hold on to something as well or else slide off the bridge. "Darn it, Panzer!" she yelled at her comms. But still there was no reply. Seven foes left . . . six . . . five . . .

"Artemis, what's going on?!" said Panzer's voice.

"Pilots are dead, can't steer the battle cruiser! Get my soldiers and push the battlecruiser right back up! I've got five hostiles in the bridge, and I need a repair drone!"

OOC:

There's going to be a site update on February 19 that'll put RPN offline for about 2-4 days and change the site. Let's wrap up this mission before then, which I will end on the 18th . Commence your coup de grace on Thanatos and whoever you wanna' destroy. Those who want me to roll the dice for them, just tag me in OOC. @tammynorthland, @Beowulf, @CkSmalling, @Killorkiller. I'm going to GM the Arcturos part, @tammynorthland.

The carnage unleashed. The final stretch was about to happen. The tide that would change the ship of war. This was what they were all waiting for there were enemies all over the place quickly catching wind of the enemy win over the last 2 battlecruisers. It was proving to be a valiant battle. Archmann was covering his own ass. He was busy keeping control of the main deck. While he was launching off rounds from a lended grenade launcher to incoming mechs from the tower. He had an incredible shot. Blasting apart mechs left and right. It was proving to be a epic site. He Had a unique fighting pattern even outside his suit. It was an insane sight. 

Shina couldn't let him get all the action though. She quickly tossed her rifle over her shoulder and latched onto it glancing down the scope site. She tackled down a perfect shot directly into a mechs cockpit. It was enough to damage it but not take it down. She lined up her next shot before she fired the same spot once more. It was damaged enough to prevent a swift dodge. Blasting the pilot even through the armor. The shot was in the exact same spot much how robin hood in the fairy tales shot another arrow through his arrow. This was for all the men and women she lost fighting. The battlecrusiers thrusters were on full attack to plunge into Thanatos' heart. all they had to do was keep the control of its course. Nothing was going to stop them. They werent about to lose. Shina tossed a plasma grenade out the window she watched as it exploded right on a mech stumbling the flight pattern. Then she took her second shot and third shot perfectly timed to disarm the wounded mech before the blasted it by hitting the power core. Archmann glanced in happiness, His large arms gripped tight onto the Grenade launcher as he slid in the fresh cartridge. He shot once more. He was a machine. Almost like his mech, 6x6. The enemies inside the mech breached the tower they made it through the doors and begun to attack the control bridge. "Archmann we got company at our six we need full cover!!!!"

Archmann slid into action both their mechs were docked as he ignored it running past it. He did a swift disarming technique on two soldiers almost at once with their battle pistols before swinging them back into his control dual wielding the weapons as he begun to pick the enemies off with swift headshots one by one. It almost looked like he was dancing. Just like inside the 6x6. He didnt let them get a shot in time. Shina tossed a smoke grenade on the deck to create cover fire. It smoked up as she used her thermal optics to take over showing all their thermal signatures. She felt like she was shooting fish in a barrel. Each enemy storming inside from the entrance just to get picked off by close range sniping. Shina had to reload. "COVER ME!" 

Archmann nodded even though she wouldn't see it from her fumbling to toss in a new clip into the sniper rifle. She quickly looked at all the cover fire from the other men that were still trying to somewhat control the battlecruisers path. It was helping but not enough. Archmann sprung into action breaking a neck of a warrior with his bare hands even inside his helmet and armor. She watched as he then swung a left hook, then an elbow, followed by a tackle. As another found him he reacted quickly with a jab to the face like a boxer. This led to 2 kicks then a hay-maker final blow before pulling another stolen pistol and shooting the man on the ground as he was trying to get back up. 

By then Shina was reloaded and back in business all in about 7 seconds. She quick lined her shot to an enemy on his chest through the smoke along with a team shot of her and Archmann disarming the enemy followed by ducking for her headshot. They repeated a hard team effort on another horde of the enemies. They were able to hold the control deck long enough. 

"artemis how much longer!?!?"

BOOOOM

Shina heard silence after that. 'what happened?' she missed it. the control room was silent. The operators went back to their controlling and piloting on the massive mech they were operating. She couldnt see perfectly and whatever happened. No more enemies were pushing through. Finally the smoke cleared. Archmanns arm was covered in blood. He took a massive wound of shrapnel to the tattooed arm and made his way to her as he tossed the launcher. "They wont get through that will they?" Shina said quietly.

"If we die, itll be taking out Thanatos and his fucking heart." Archmann said as he took a seat on the ground with a thud.

The gate that was locked and seized through by the enemy was blasted apart by archmann and his launcher. He permanently sealed off the exit. There would be no one going through that. They were trapped on the control deck but at least a few were still alive. Now there would be no chance for the other soldiers on the other side. If they were still alive. More and more men lost. Nothing they wanted but if that many were on their way through there was a god chance that they were already killed. Overpowered by the enemy. This tower was more important than any part of the battlecruiser. Time was almost up. "I hope you can fucking hear me Artemis."

@Zer0 @Abdel featherfall @CkSmalling @Orpheus @Killorkiller @LordPicklesworth @Beowulf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back