• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Creating a New Account?

Crookie

night of the living punk
Are we, as RPN members, allowed to create multiple accounts? I don't mean all under one e-mail / for only spamming purposes / to pretend to be a different person.

I've had this current account for over a year now (which doesn't seem that long, to most veterans here), and I haven't actually accessed this account in nearly four months. When I logged in this morning, I had 40+ messages, a good third of them notifications from people of my previous roleplays, wondering where I had gone, and if I had abandoned them and the roleplay. It felt like a wave of just overwhelming things to deal with.

In short, I feel like I want a fresh start.

I do not want to delete this account. I still have some amazing memories and writings saved on here.

I just feel as though I need to start anew, from the beginning. I don't care if people that have previously roleplayed with me are able to recognize me -- I am not trying to pretend to be a different person.

I'm -- I'm really sorry if this doesn't make much sense? I don't know how to exactly convey how I feel.

I don't know if people usually have "backup" accounts on here, but just think of it that way. It's like being a bit more organized.

Hopefully, you understand. Thank you for making RPNation an incredible and safe community to create wonderful art within.

I wouldn't think so, actually. The usual policy is one account per person and I wouldn't think that would be changed under any circumstances besides deleting your current one and starting fresh. Having two accounts just feels wrong.

If it isn't the case, then there should be at least a couple of people in trouble who have talked to the admins about this same thing, so....

What do I know though?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no rules for multiaccounting, however we do have a decent suite of products and automation to find out if you are if one of them gets in trouble(punishment is shared), get banned and they all get banned.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]There are no rules for multiaccounting, however we do have a decent suite of products and automation to find out if you are if one of them gets in trouble(punishment is shared), get banned and they all get banned.

[/QUOTE]
Staff-chan is a very clever girl like that...

Captain Hesperus

Yes, you are allowed to make multiple accounts under different emails. The only exception to this (a.k.a, when it would be rule-breaking) is when you are using the second account to evade a ban or moderation.

Edit: not ninja'd, because my cat kept stepping on my keyboard :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back