• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crazy and the Beast

Before Léa would have even had the chance to react, rain flickered like the screen of a broken TV and raced up the stairs in an incredible speed, throwing an utterly startled Lucian to the ground as he crashed into a hug, just when Lucian had actually wanted to answer Harper.
Now he was kneeling on the ground, a sobbing rain clinging to him, and squeezed him in a tight hug.

"Nicky...", he sighed regretfully, a tear running down his cheek as he stroked some hair out of the ghost's face.
"How could you do that to us?!", rain shouted desperately, his expression mirroring Harper's.
Lucian painfully closed his eyes as he couldn't stand the sight of all the pain he had caused anymore.
He reached out for Harper and pulled her on his lap, hugging both, Harper and rain, at the same time, when all of a sudden a minuet joined in as well.

"I'm... so sorry...", he mumbled silently. "I completely lost my nerves. I promise, I won't ever do that to you again. To you all. May God be my witness. My perfect girlfriend... my little brothers... I'll never leave you."

While Rain was still sobbing, Minuet finally broke his walls as well, powerlessly slumping down. "It was so hard to stay strong...", the demon whispered brokenly.

When Lucian looked up from Rain, Harper and Minuet with tears in his eyes, of happiness and sadness, he noticed Léa in the doorway.
"Léa!", he said with a relieved sigh. "God I'm so glad you are okay. Listen, I screwed up in the chapel. I actually had taken you there because it's a beautiful place, and I had hoped it would light your mood up. I hadn't expected it to still have such a big influence on me."
He got up, not without pulling everyone up as well and planting a soft kiss on Harper's forehead.
Then he walked over to Léa and looked into her eyes, his heaven blue eye wide.
"I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I would love to stone myself for what you had to experience because our me, and I sincerely hope you will new able to forgive me one day. Till then though- if there's anything I can help you with, or whatever else, don't hesitate to let me know. And if you will be able to forgive me sometime, I'd be grateful for a second chance."

Last edited:
Léa was emotionally exhausted. Of course, there was part of her that was incredibly angry with Lucian for what he had done, forcing his life force onto her, leaving the others behind, and making her deal with it all. But another part of her was just glad to see him back. She didn't think she was cut out of this life, the one with all these different supernatural beings running around, herself included, and all the insane shenanigans they had gotten themselves into. At the same time, she knew this was exactly where she belonged.

She sighed softly, looking around Lucian to the group that stood behind him, all red eyed and relieved to have their leader back. Then she looked at Lucian, smiled and shrugged her shoulders lightly. "I forgive you. For real this time."

Derek appeared in the bedroom door, wearing a fresh t-shirt. He looked at Harper, who seemed completely unaware of what her alter ego had committed in the kitchen, and then he turned to Lucian, a serious look on his face. "Thank you. Léa said you saved me. But, mother wants you all to leave. Now."

Harper raised her brows, shock clear on her face. "What..? Why?" She felt most of the eyes in the room on her, but she couldn't understand why. A few moments later, something clicked in her head and an image of her hand slamming a knife deep into her brother's back filled her mind. Her eyes widened and she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. That's when she saw his blood on her fingers. "Oh.. oh no.. Derek.. I.." Harper looked at Lucian, desperation on her face.

"We can't go yet, Lucian.. Macon said Carden was coming here. If we aren't here.. he'll kill them all. Please.. you have to do something."

Still pale, she went to her older brother, hugging him. Derek stayed stiff for a moment, then wrapped his arms around Harper. "I'm so sorry," she mumbled into his t-shirt. "Don't worry about it.." He said, leaning his chin against the top of her head.

Léa looked at Lucian, sighing softly. If she really was ready to forgive him, that meant she had to be ready to work with him too. "Come on.. You and I will go talk to her."

Last edited:
Lucian smiled softly as Léa said she forgave him for real.
"I'm really glad to hear that. Thank you Léa. I know it's everything but self-evident that you're forgiving me."
It was a great relief to at least have that one sorrow off his chest. It probably was a minor one, compared to the whole Carden- thing coming up and closer like a mini- apocalypse, but Lucian felt relieved anyway.

When Derek came in, he sighed relieved, smirked and lifted one shoulder in a 'that- was- nothing' motion, before sorrowfully furrowing his eyebrows asy what he said next.
"Derek, eh..."
He glanced at Harper, who apparently thought the exact same thing as him.

"Don't worry", he said silently, stroking over her back with the tip of his wing for a moment, to comfort her.
Lastly he decided that that bit of comfort probably was insufficient in her current situation, and went to hug her tightly when Derek let go of her.

"I will protect you. You all. I promise."
With deep sorrow in his eyes, he looked at all the people in this room.
Derek, that hell of a guy, who loves his sister and was there for her even though she had just stabbed him.
Léa, the girl who forgave him for killing her like a crazed out animal, and putting her in such a horrible situation yesterday.
Alex, one of the worst witches he had ever met, but what she lacked in talent, she made up with being a badass bitch when needed to.
Rain and Minuet, his brothers, so different from eachother, yet both United in a strange way of seeing Lucian as their leader...which He himself just didn't.. .at all.
And Harper. His soulmate, connected and bound to eachother in a way that apparently was more powerful than death itself.

If someone could beat up that piece of shut called Carden, it would be this group. And he would do everything to keep them safe.

"Yeah, let's talk to her", he said with a small nod at Léa, and followed her into the living room, to Harper's mother.
Luckily, since he had changed from vampire to angel again, that scary aura had made space for something new.
Still intimidating, for sure, but also trustworthy and good.
"Ms?", he said silently, slowly approaching.
He stopped in a respectful distance and slightly spread his wings for a moment, before sighing.
"Listen eh...you landed headfirst in a world you thought is nothing but stories and fairytales. I think these are prove enough. We spotted a vampire approaching your house, and he's after your family. You want us to leave, and believe Me, i understand. This whole thing is really scary for you... but if we leave, you will be without protection, and the vampire eont hesitate for a moment. So please, if you'd just let us stay long enough to fight that monster off and make sure you are safe, we can prevent the worst from happening."

Once Léa and Lucian were in the living room, she hung back a little, letting Lucian say his piece. Bonnie Wright had always been a simple woman, one who lived her quiet life in their quiet town. She went to church, bake sales, and choir practices. She was a God fearing woman, who believed all types of supernatural occurrences, rock n' roll music, or mental illness were the work of the Devil. She struggled daily with her all of her children, who were much more modern and open minded, but she could never deal with Harper. And now the girl had brought demons into her home. Demons, dark magic, evil spirits, and blasphemy.

When Lucian and Léa entered the living room, Bonnie was sitting in her favorite rocking chair, her bible resting on her lap. The other three Wright children, Jeremy, Natasha, and Bradyn, were all sitting on the couch, various looks of discomfort or uncertainty on their faces. It was a school day, and the three of them should have been getting ready to leave for the day, but Bonnie had refused to let them out of her site after seeing Derek on the floor, bleeding out. She stared straight ahead while Lucian spoke, stubbornness setting her jaw in a hard line, her eyes filled with subdued anger.

"Mom.." Jeremy, the oldest of the three, spoke up. "Maybe you should listen to him.."

Bonnie shot him a look to shut up, and the seventeen year old obliged, leaning back against the couch with a sigh. Bonnie stood, clutching her bible to her chest, and she turned to face Lucian and Léa, her blue eyes cold and unforgiving. "God will protect us, and if it is in his plan for us to die, then so be it."

The three teenagers groaned in disbelief at the same time. Unfortunately, this was something they had heard before. When their father became ill, she had said the same thing. It was God's will, God's plan...

Léa sighed and stepped forward. "Mrs. Wright.. surely you don't mean that.. your beautiful children deserve a chance to live their lives. Don't take that away from them. Because, I promise you... God has nothing to do with this."

"Mom," Natasha piped up. The girl was an almost replica of Harper, just three years younger. "Thinks about this.. please."

Bonnie looked at her children, quiet for a long time. She had lost a daughter, and her husband. Now, the daughter was back, but she didn't feel like hers. Still, she did have a chance with the rest of them. They were good kids, despite the way they drove her crazy. "Okay.." she said, and turned back to Lucian and Léa. "You can stay. In the garage. And the moment you get rid of this vampire..." Her gaze left Léa to focus on Lucian, seriousness in her gaze. "you take your friends... all of them..." she included Harper without saying her name, "and you never show your faces here again."

There was a sigh of relief from Léa, Jeremy, and Natasha. Bradyn, the youngest, got up and sprinted around the lot of them, running upstairs to hug his oldest sister, the one he would never get a chance to really know.

"Thank you Ms", Lucian said, taking a slight bow before his gaze flicked to the bible in her lap.
He slightly tilted his head.
These children were in danger by the blind, stubborn, naive trust of their mother, and he just couldn't let it stay like that.

He walked...floated... closer to her in best angel-style and took a closer look at the book.
"This one is special...", he said silently, his eyes lighting up- literally.
"It has been blessed with holy water from the well where Jesus and Mary Magdalene met for the first time, isn't it?"

He smiled slightly, although it actually was a suppressed smirk.
Minuet wouldn't approach this closer than ten feet before starting to burn like a can of fuel in purgatory.
But he maybe shouldn't mention that around that woman.

"Ma'am, I think i have something to show you."
He turned to Léa and smiled slightly.
"Be back asap, don't worry for me. Just gonna show her where I come from."
And with that, he just disappeared, along with Harper's mother.

...and appeared again in a beautiful, silvery landscape.
There was a huge, silvery forest in the South, a beach with crystal clear water and the softest sand ever in the north and a shining white city in the West.
The doors where high up in the walls of the skyscrapers, with angels flying from one to another, dozens of them.
"Welcome to heaven", he said with a slight smirk, keeping his eyes locked to a cozy little cabin that looked totally out of place between all those huge building.
All of a sudden, a bright light emerged from...everywhere.

"Lucian. It's been a while.", a voice said out of it, and Lucian smiled softly.
"Grandfather. Hah, over five thousand years. I sure missed you."
"And you are Bonnie Wright", the light hummed with a fatherly warmth in its' gentle voice. "It's an honor to see that there are people who have such faith in an old being like me. Your husband- he is a good man. Many of my children here are looking up to him, though i wish he hadn't died so early. It's a shame that the holiest hearts go through the worst, isn't it?"

Lucian meanwhile just smiled awkwardly. "I eh... I'm quickly gonna say hi to my family. Grandfather, will you send her back when she wants to leave or shall i wait somewhere?"
"Take your time, my boy."
"Thank you." Lucian took another slight bow and turned to Bonnie for a moment. "Ma'am, if you need me, i can hear your thoughts here. Just call my name in your mind and i will come." Then he flew off, leaving her her privacy with, well, literally God.

Last edited:
While Bonnie and Lucian were visiting Heaven, Hell was visiting the people they had left behind. Léa had assured the two remaining teens in the living room that their mother was in good hands. Jeremy and Natasha had thoroughly freaked out when Lucian and their mom randomly vanished in front of their eyes.

After that, believe it or not, things finally calmed down a little bit. Léa and the Wright children set about making dinner for the large group of people now occupying the house. Soon, smells of baking chicken and fried rice filled the air, and light relaxed conversation could be heard from all corners of the house. Dinner was delicious, though it was rather funny trying to fit everyone around a table meant for five people.

Harper, feeling at ease for the first time in awhile, stood from her seat on the couch, where she had been sitting beside Rain and Léa until they'd started kissing again. She rolled her eyes at them, but laughed to herself. To be young and in love...

Where was her love?

Outside, Harper walked down the steps and into the yard. There was a tire swing tied up in a tree off to the side. A swing she had played on when she was very young.. before everything had started to go dark. A smile graced her lips as she looked at the old tire, and she made her way over. Slipping her legs through the hole in the center, Harper took a seat and pushed herself back and forth gently. Things were finally good.. there were only a few little... maybe not so little... hiccups ahead of them, but then she and Lucian could be together, forever. The thought brought a smile to her lips, but then a rustling sound behind her made her still, and she looked over her shoulder. "Lucian...?" Harper asked, but the sudden chill that went down her spin told her it was not Lucian.

Terror started to rise up in her stomach, and she stood from the swing, turning back towards the house. She made it maybe two feet before she was knocked backwards. Her head hit the ground hard enough for stars to explode across her vision. Before she could see through the white noise, and see who was on top of her, he reared his head back and then lunged forward, digging his fangs deep into the bend of her neck. Excruciating pain ripped through her, and Harper let out a blood curdling scream.

Lucian was smiling softly as he sat on the meadow with his parents and little sister.
"So tell us about harper!", his father demanded with a proud smile, his arm wrapped around lucian's mother's shoulders.
The older vampire looked just like Lucian, the same silky, jet black hair, the same fine features, slim nose, pointy eartips, striking eyes. From a few feet distance, they could easily be mistaken for eachother.

His mother however looked completely different. Her smooth, caramel brown skin weirdly contrasted her snow white hair and shining blue eyes. The only similarity was the height. Even for a tall woman, she was tall. 5'9 minimum, and lucian's little sister probably was the cutest vampire on earth.
The same darker skin as her mother, her father's black hair, but wild and curly, wildly standing up in all directions and falling into her face, where a pair of deep red eyes fluttered through the dark streaks.

"Well, she's just amazing. I know i can trust her with everything, and she's really clever and sweet.
She's brave, sure, she sometimes looses control over her second personality, but her hallucinations have decreased massively. When i could finally step into the sunlight again, I understood that i had been in the sun already for days at that point. She's my sun. And God be my witness, I never want to lose her again."

He sighed happily, until Lucian's eyes gained a shining white color when a vision appeared in his head.
"Harper!", he gasped shocked. "Sera, when Harper's mom is done with talking to grandpa, help her get back. I have to go!"

He teleported right into the back of Carden, grabbed his neck and smashed the vampire against the next tree, holding him up as if he was weighing nothing, while his wings turned black and eyes bloody red.
"Ten steps too far, bloodsucker", he hissed furiously, while his fingernails dug into the vampire's neck, leaving five bloody holes that slowly spilled black blood over his chest.
"I wonder if vampires can blked to death", he snarled with an inhuman voice. "Never tried it out. Well, I will today. You know what Carden?"
He leaned forwards, whispering to the vampire's ear.
"I will kill you tonight."

It took Bonnie awhile to recover from the shock of not only being transported to Heaven, but standing in front of God. Once she did, she had a really good talk with the man, and realized the many mistakes she had been making as a mother. All of her children were special, Harper included, and it wasn’t God’s place to make sure they were okay… it was hers. She was truly humbled by the entire experience, and had been promised a spot in the clouds as long as she changed her ways and continued to let her faith lead her – the right way. The woman made her way back to find Lucian, so she could return home and right her wrongs, but instead she came upon a group of people who had to be his family, the resemblance was too strong. “I’m ready to go back now,” she said, a serene smile on her lips, and her bible clutched firmly in her hands.

Back on Earth, Harper’s screams drew everyone from the house. Léa, who had somehow become the peacekeeper of the group, did what she could to keep Harper’s siblings on the porch, but Derek was bigger and stronger than her and he practically shoved her out of the way to get to his sister. Right as he reached the yard, Lucian appeared out of nowhere and wrenched the vampire off of Harper. Derek didn’t slow down, and he skidded on the wet grass to kneel next to Harper.

“Harp!” He cradled the frail girl in his arms, but she was shaking violently, and still screaming, fighting off demons he couldn’t see. “Harper!!” Derek shouted, trying to keep her from hurting him, or herself. With a look at the house, he called out, “Someone help me!”

Carden smirked, despite the blood trickling down his neck. After a moment or two, the holes closed up, and his neck looked untouched. His eyes flashed dangerously, and he looked at Lucian with disgust. “Did you forget, Lucy?” He asked, using the nickname Harper had given Lucian, but as an insulting sneer. “Your little fangbanger’s blood just fuels us… you really should have turned her when you had the chance. Don’t worry though… I took care of that for you.” He grinned, Harper’s blood staining his teeth and dripping from his chin.

Slowly, deliberately, Carden pulled a wooden stake from the inner pocket of his jacket. Looking Lucian dead in the eyes, Carden plunged the stake into his chest. He missed his heart by just a hair, purposely. He wanted to kill Lucian, sure, but he wanted to hurt him first… make him pay for ever taking his little toy away from him.

"Ma'am, you should maybe wait here for a while...", lucian's father said gently. "The vampire is attacking, and you are save up here. And down there..."
He shook his head.
"I don't think you could help there. Excepting you coincidentally speak Enochian and know an entire exorcism by heart. That in fact might be helpful, but I kinda doubt it... Enochian is a dead language."

While Alex was rushing to Harper to help her, Lucian let out a painful wheeze as he stumbled backwards with a stake in his chest. Blood was dripping down on both ends, and even though this ead unbelievably painful, Lucian felt peace by seeing it was red.
Lively, vibrant red, not the dead black out had for several millennia.

He inhaled slowly, focusing in an attempt to not black out, but it was so damn hard.

"You... are nothing but a shadow thinking it was the real person", he growled. "You think you are strong... you are. But..."
An evil grin formed on his face when he secretly watched Minuet approaching with a silver blade and a can of holy water. That demon was a genius.

If he would manage to distract Carden for long enough, the combination of holy water and silver should turn the vampire into a pile of ex-alive within seconds. It was all a matter of distracting him, so min could sneak close enough.

"You are nothing but a small man... with a big... ego.

The blood loss was starting to make him dizzy by now, and he had to fight to keep standing. "You will die."

While Derek and Alex worked together to get Harper to the porch, the girl’s screams became horse and ragged, and then fell silent. Her seizing body stilled and became limp. To the naked eye, the girl was dead. They laid her to the ground and Derek, panicking, lowered his ear to her lips, listening for breath sounds. Hearing none, he started CPR, interchanging pumping on her chest and blowing into her mouth. “No, no, no..” he muttered over and over, his eyes wide and his face pale, as he did everything he could to keep his baby sister alive.

Harper disappeared inside herself, falling into a pit of blackness, until she landed on her back, staring up at the darkness above her. It was everywhere. Sitting, she couldn’t see anything, not even her hand right in front of her own face. “H..hello?” She asked, but her throat hurt, and the word was barely audible. It didn’t echo, like she thought it would, but sort of sank into the black air around her, being swallowed whole. “Where am I?” She muttered, fear pulsing through her instead of her life force.

A soft mewling sound caught her attention, and she whirled around to face it, surprised to see a glowing light in the distance. Scared, but unsure of what else to do, Harper followed the light, concentrating on the sound. After a few minutes of walking, she happened across a figure, curled up in the fetal position, laying on the ground. The glowing light was coming from her, literally pumping from her center like a heartbeat.

“Are.. are you alright?” Harper asked. The figure stirred and lifted its head, looking at Harper with crystal blue eyes.

“Are you?” She asked, and Harper gasped, taking a step back. The girl’s eyes… were hers. The woman stood, and Harper could see she was dressed in a long petticoat atop a dark blue dress. The woman’s hair was long and midnight black, and even though there was a loneliness in her eyes, there was peace too. She smiled and Harper stared at her, realization dawning on her.

“You’re…. Alice, aren’t you?”

The woman nodded slowly, her eyes bright. “Yes… I’m Alice. I'm you. And we need to have a talk, darling.”

Carden laughed at Lucian, watching him struggle to stay standing. And stay alive. He wasn’t aware of Minuet creeping up behind him, his focus was on the dying vampire… angel… whatever he was now, in front of him. “Someday, perhaps. But not this night. Only you and your beloved will die tonight, Lucy.” He said, mocking Lucian again.

Smirking, Lucian pulled the stake out of his chest and crossed his arms over the slowly closing wound.
It was hellishly satisfying to see how blind Carden's bloodlust and narcism made the vampire, and it would only take a few...more...seconds...

"Hey Carden", he chuckled, grinning twistedly.
"You should Turn around."

Just in that moment, Minuet smashed the stake deep into Carden's back, piercing his heart all the way till the tip of the stake pierced through his chest, black blood dripping on the green grass.
"Bye bye", Lucian whispered to his ear, gripping the tip of the stake and twisting it around in Carden's chest.

"How does it feel to have somebody destroying you like this, eh? Did you really think you'd ever have a chance against me? Newsflash: you're a nothing. And by God, I will make you pay for everything you've done to me. You little worthless piece of shit will suffer, and I will enjoy every. Single. Second of it. Minuet, make sure he'll die for real. I gotta take care of Harper."

While the demon grabbed Carden's neck and grinned at him in a creepy Glasgow-grin-way, Lucian ran to Harper and gently stroked through her hair.
"Hey honey, Carden will be dead inn a moment. And I'm here. I'm right here beside you, got just gotta wake up and we can finally spend our eternity together. Just wake up..."

Harper didn’t awake until the next evening. That’s how long it took her to talk with Alice, and comes to terms with the fact that she’d be awaking as a vampire. And that Lucian was now an angel. Once again they wouldn’t be the same. While she struggled internally with all this, the people around her began to give up hope that she’d ever wake up. She was dead, plain and simple.

But she did come around, and when she opened her eyes, the first person she saw was her beloved. After spending some time with her family, the pair went their own way, for two main reasons. One, they wanted to start their eternity together, and two… Harper was having a hard time fighting her blood lust. Of course, with Lucian by her side, she eventually learned to control it, and there weren’t many problems after that, for a very long time.

In fact, Lucian and Harper spent nearly three hundred years together. They travelled the world, learned everything there was to know about each other, and never looked back. Even though he was an angel, and she a vampire, they made it work mostly flawlessly. It was the fairytale life Harper had always dreamed about. It stayed that way, until one fateful night when a group of hunters attacked Harper, and just like lifetimes ago, drove a stake through her heart, leaving Lucian alone once again.

Except, there was something different about her death this time around. Instead of finding herself once again reincarnated, Harper opened her eyes to see she was in Heaven. Standing in front of a man, she could only take to be God, of all people. He asked her if she was ready to finally stop the madness of living, dying, living, dying… and then made sure she and Lucian would never have to part from each other again.

When Harper arrived on Lucian’s doorstep, a week later, there was a noticeable difference about her. Her long blonde hair shone, her blue eyes sparkled, her porcelain skin was flawless, and there was a pair of soft, gold embossed wings on her back. “Hey,” she said softly when he opened the door. “I’m home…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back