• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other crafting for a beginner cosplayer

zachie mel

the demon prince
so I am in a few fandoms, like everyone here, and I have decided to go to comic con in June, sure I've had my hand in making a few things, I know how to make neko costumes and stuff, but could I have help with other cosplays? I need help with homestuck cosplay, but I can't seem to find any good help on any social media. can you guys help with a few suggestions?

Homestuck cosplay was my life last year! I did both trolls and humans, and kind of derped through making things, learning from my friends, and trial and error. I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I can try. ^-^
Which characters were you thinking of cosplaying?

Homestuck cosplay was my life last year! I did both trolls and humans, and kind of derped through making things, learning from my friends, and trial and error. I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I can try. ^-^
Which characters were you thinking of cosplaying?
karkat and gamzee

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Was it horns and painting the signs you were wondering about?
For Karkat, I just used polystyrene eggs, cut them diagonally along the bottom until they were the shape of his horns, and would fit on a headband, then covered them in air drying clay. Then after painting, I superglued fabric to the bottom, then took another piece of fabric, and glued it to the inside of the headband, facing out towards the horn, and glued the horn to it.

For Gamzee (and other trolls with big horns), I used wire (Pipe cleaners, because I got lazy XD) looped one end to make the base of the horn, then twisted the rest into shape, covered it in tin foil to make a very thin version of the horn, and wrapped wool around it until it was the right shape. Then piled PVA glue on them until they were hard, and painted them. Then I did the same thing with the fabric and super glue to attach them to the head band.

A lot of my friends started screwing the horns to the headbands, but I never learned how to do that, and super glue held them on ok for me. I just couldn't hide the headbands.

For the signs, I just made stencils and painted them on with acrylic paint.

And for the grey, snazaroo works really well, and it can be sealed with hair spray or talcum powder. Some of my friends also made arm socks so they wouldn't have to grey up their arms. They bought grey tights and sewed the ends into gloves.

I will try to get photos of some of the horns. And, I hope this helped. x3 Sorry if it isn't explained very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back