• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Court Of Secrets

Prince Theodore of Leston

hgbhjg-jpg.371942
Theodore very faintly smiled as Astrid placed her hand into his. He then placed one hand on her hip and pulled her in a little closer, holding her hand in his other. He was aware of the various sets of eyes that were fixed upon him and they only encouraged him to act out more. Put on a show for the audience.

"I don't believe I know your name," he told her. He felt like he should already know her name and perhaps her face might be familiar, but he met so many people on a daily basis he felt it more appropriate to clarify. As they danced, his face was straight and free of any emotion. It would be difficult to tell if he was having fun or even if he was playing one of his games. "Please, enlighten me," he told Astrid, looking down to meet her eyes.

Theo found Astrid to be very attractive and certainly a woman he would like to share his bed. He knew it and so did those watching him dance, including the queen. In light of a recent complication he had become aware of, as well as the looming need for him to find a wife, he hadn't yet decided what he wanted out of this evening. Perhaps he would settle for sleeping alone tonight. In the meantime, he was certainly going to tease those watching him.
Nightblade Nightblade

Astrid
latest

Astrid gave a soft smile as she moved around the dance floor with the prince. Of course he did not know her, since most of the northern nobility rarely came this far south. Keeping her face frozen with a gentle smile, she replied as quietly as the prince had

"That is because I hail from the North your Grace, I am Astrid the youngest daughter of the Chief of the Frostback Mountains that are the barrier to the north"

She explained, never faltering in her steps as they seemed to glide like they were on air. Of course she knew the prince was an excellent player of the game, but then again she was a piece on the board they had never seen before and that, she would use to her advantage

Astrid Interactions: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Josephine had fallen to the ground, looking very much like someone about to literally beg for mercy at the men’s feet. It was getting harder and harder for her to get a word out -- not so much anymore because the guards were talking over her, but because her voice had been caught in a vicious fit of sobs.

For a group of supposedly powerful men, the guards appeared ill-equipped to deal with her display. Hollenworth shuffled his feet, a hand around the hilt of his sword, but nonetheless, he didn’t dare do anything except await the commander’s orders.

“I had got a letter, sir, see,” Josephine finally managed to get a coherent sentence through her whimpering. “Someone’s -- someone’s threatening to kill me family!”

“You’re well-aware that Her Highness is perfectly capable of the same, I hope.” Mathias had rolled his eyes and snorted a half-laugh at Josephine’s plea for sympathy, although truthfully he wasn't entirely unaffected himself. Without a word from the older man, he took the tray of sweets and wine. He looked at Ricardo, jerking his head towards the woman on the floor. “You and Josie seem … well-acquainted. Might be best you attend to her … or … something.”

“The missive, sir. I’ll show you, see.” The servant girl appeared to be reaching underneath the collar of her dress.

Hollenworth likely couldn’t spot it from where he stood, although from Mathias’ angle it was almost impossible to miss -- at least not to a trained eye. Whatever this Josephine girl was reaching for -- it was no piece of paper, but something that glinted like metal. Mathias muttered a curse under his breath, struggling to maintain balance as his hands were occupied with either silver tray or iron helmet. “Rick, get away!”

Divon Divon Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater

Sir Mathias Wolfe
Royal Guard

Josephine Hapsby
Josephine loathed parties and balls. She considered them to be dull affairs for her. Her father would want her to be finding a husband, but with her family's reputation, or rather, her father's, it would be hard. Her eyes scanned over the crowd, looking around, not searching for anyone in particular, just looking. Her gown was a deep red, something that wasn't she catching, something that could easily blend into the background. Josephine had made it herself, as she did with almost all of her clothes. She had enjoyed sewing since she was little, and had even made a few gowns for her older sisters.

Unlike most, she found balls to be rather dull affairs and would have preferred keeping away from the whole scene. Still, her mistress was here, so she had to be here. She noticed Lady Cecily Asplyn, a lady in waiting to the younger princess. The poor girl was standing alone, looking so nervous. Josephine walked up to her.

"Hello, Lady Cecily," said Josephine. It sounded polite, but forced. She herself was not good at making small talk. "How are you?"

Aio Aio

Ricardo Brent
Butler for the Leston Family

The old man suddenly felt the weariness that came with his age as he observed the young serving girl.
She'd recently just lived to her 19th birthday, Ricardo recalled, and he had gave her extra foodstuffs to take home for the special occasion -- that, and she was one of the many cooperative and hardworking servants he's glad to work with.

But now, through furrowed brows, the butler swore that she looked like she's aged atleast 5-8 years. Pale, quivering like a leaf, and shoulders weighed down with a thousand burdens. As much as he wanted in his heart to listen to those burdens, he needed to act proper. He shouldn't let his bias cloud his judgement at this moment, especially with whatever she'd done. He really hoped it was just some spilt wine...

“I had got a letter, sir, see,”
“Someone’s -- someone’s threatening to kill me family!”

Ricardo's throat tightened and he feared he would choke on the spot. It certainly wasn't what he had expected to hear, especially coming from a mere serving girl. Poor Josephine...who and what would want with a simpleton like her?
The gods were toying with the poor child and for what reason Ricardo could never ever comprehend.
"And why would..." The butler's voice trailed off easily when Mathias' stronger but rudely nonchalant tone overpowered over his.

“You’re well-aware that Her Highness is perfectly capable of the same, I hope.”
The butler watched blankly as Sir Wolfe casually relieved him of the trays that he had been carrying. He almost forgotten them, the sweet rolls and red & white wine. Now without the weight of the trays he almost felt naked. His arms felt uncomfortable acting limp by his sides now, as they were used to busying themselves by carrying or holding something, so instead he decided to tangle his fingers together, then untangle them -- it looked like his hands were trying to phase through one another without success.

“You and Josie seem … well-acquainted. Might be best you attend to her … or … something.”
Ricardo swallowed audibly, in attempt to lessen the dryness in his throat.
'Somethin's not right...'
" 'course, sir. I try to familiarise with most, if not --" He began once more, posture straightening, but this time Josephine's voice spoke over him, suddenly steady and firm.

Ricardo Brent managed to catch the curse the Mathias uttered and the warning he called out to him, but the girl he had worked with and praised for her dutiful hardwork flashed something towards him -- and it certainly wasn't the parchment she had mentioned.

Fate's Decision
1-5 Mercy
6-10 Unfortunate
1chNDBa.jpg

It cut easily through the worn dark-grey fabric of his uniform, and eventually the garment was turning a dirty brown-crimson like the colour of a strange wine.

Ricardo wheezed airily as he stumbled backwards. One step, two, three...and his shaking fingers grabbed at the metal that Josephine had plunged into his stomach. The blade bit into skin as he mindlessly held the blade in place. He felt tugs of resistance as Josephine attempted to rip it away from inside of him, but whatever strength he suddenly mustered made her efforts useless.

His vision grew hazy and he blinked repeatedly to get rid of it.
The butler watched numbly as Hollenworth wretched Josephine away from him but without the blade intact.
The blade.
He looked down at it and came to the realisation that he was bleeding. He had just been stabbed. Why had it taken a few mere seconds to register that?
Ricardo's legs shook before buckling and he fell to his knees; he didn't even utter a word as he felt his lifeblood stream in rivulets down onto the carpet floor of the hallway, as his dress shirt was over-saturated with it already.

The butler looked up slowly at Josephine, Hollenworth, Therin, and lastly hovering at Mathias. With a shake of his head he said in disbelief, "I haven't drank at all today, but it looks like I've spilt wine all over..."
And his vision flickered before he could finish (he's been cut off a bit, hasn't he?) and he could no longer see, or feel the moment his body slump forward to meet the floor.

coding; allrightsreserved deer deer
[Click me]
tumblr_inline_ovazr6RlYs1tae3h3_250.gif
Scenario: Is he dead?
Tags: Slade Slade / Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater

Cecily Amphillis Asplyn

Cecily went to her thoughts, as she often did at events such as these. Going through her list of things to do all while creating another list for what was needing to be done by tomorrow. To anyone it would look as though she was focused on those on the dance floor. Rocking slightly on her heels not wishing for her knees to lock, plus she was growing rather tired from just standing. Her eyes drifting from guest to guest, none catching her attention as they all mixed together on the ball room floor.

Her attention was quickly caught by a voice that appeared beside her. Turning she fould the voice to belong to Miss Josephine, a small smile graced her lips as she nodded to her. Listening to her question before thinking up a response. "Miss Josephine. A pleasure always. I am well, thank you. How do you find yourself this evening?" Turning herself to face Josephine as she awaited an answer. She had seen Josephine often trailing behind the eldest princess.

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Oh, hells.

This was exactly the kind of nonsense Mathias thought he’d left in his time as a mercenary. He joined the guards under the impression that it would all be thrilling tourneys, and none of bleeding butlers. This was disappointing, to say the least.

Hollenworth had seized the servant girl, who was now screaming bloody murder as she fought to be free. Beyond that, the old man only stared at the commander, awaiting orders as Ricardo remained half-conscious on the floor. Mathias understood, in a way. The situation was not as urgent as it appeared: Ricardo was nobody -- and Hollenworth would stand to lose a lot more if he made the wrong move while acting on his volition. Better to just wait, and blame it all on Therin if things came to that.

Mathias was tempted to do the same, really, if bloody Ricardo wasn’t so likeable when he was drunk. The guard dropped his helmet to the floor, and set the platter on the ground. The wine threatened to topple over, burgundy and champagne colored liquid spilling out of the glasses, but if they had completely toppled over, Mathias wouldn’t have known. He was too busy making his way back to the ballroom, eyes scanning the room for anyone who was even remotely qualified to help.

He was greeted by his good friend, Reynold, who had taken a great liking to wine where he had not. Reynold put an arm around Mathias’ shoulder.

“There you are, Wolfe. Finally decided to join the party?” Reynold let out an intoxicated giggle, as if he knew something he shouldn’t. “Saw you with Cavendish’s daughter earlier, you sly dog. Isn’t she the one with the thing for the ropes?”

“Oh, that’s right! Marigold was her name.” Mathias’ eyes widened at the belated realisation, temporarily forgetting the severity of the hallway situation. “Listen. I’m looking for Barley, actually.”

“Well, isn’t he popular tonight?” Reynold slurred, pointing at the direction of a knight and a lady on the other side of the room.

“Gramercy. I'll tell you about my night tomorrow, and I swear, Reynold, you’ll be the one buying me drinks.” Mathias clapped his hand at Reynold’s back. His friend, drunk as ever, almost fell at the gesture.

Quick to his feet, Mathias managed to arrive at his destination without any further interruption. “Sir Barl -- Clodomir,” he said, giving Evangeliya a slight nod and a half-second smile, before turning back to his fellow guard. “Hardly the time to be loafing around, don’t you think?”

Mathias bit his lip, hesitating to say anything. He wasn’t really supposed to say anything in the front of the guests, was he? Although … practically speaking, there wasn't much of a point, considering Eva was surely going to hound him about this in the coming days anyway. Perhaps it was time for her to see the action firsthand? Granted Barley didn’t have any objections, of course.

Mathias took a deep breath, and when he started to speak, he spoke in hushed tones. “To cut the story short, Brent is currently bleeding on the floor, and Hollenworth refuses to do anything without the commander’s say so. Myself, I wouldn’t trust Therin with a bag of lettuce, but that’s a story for another time. And so now here we are.”

Divon Divon Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater Cosmo Cosmo deer deer

Sir Mathias Wolfe
Royal Guard

hgbhjg-jpg.371942

Theodore listened to Astrid as she answered his question, explaining she was from the North. "Of course, the North," he noted. "Enlighten me, Astrid. What is life like up there - along the barrier?" he curiously asked. As they danced, he noticed some movement around the ballroom, the kind of movement he'd already been made aware of. Whilst it was intriguing, he would be sure to find out the cause of the slight distraction later. For now, he was focused on entertaining his mother's nosy guests and indulging the Northern lady in conversation.

"Is this you first time attending one of my family's balls?" he then asked, his attention back on Astrid. "I do hope you have found the hospitality here in the south to be satisfactory." If she hadn't, that would be someone else's problem. He wasn't here to accommodate his mother's guests as that's what the servants were for. This evening, he was here for his own entertainment, more than anything, and he had to admit the evening was so far lacking on that front.
Nightblade Nightblade [/QUOTE]

Josephine Hapsby​

"Bored to tears, my lady," said Josephine dryly. She could hardly hide her annoyance at having to be here. She didn't want to be here, and she didn't want to have to pretend like she did. She had no problems serving Princess Azalea, but she absolutely loathed the amounts of balls and parties and feasts there were. She sometimes wished something like an illness or a broken foot would come up so she wouldn't have to go. Any sort of excuse to get out of these dreadful and dull affairs. She was almost surprised she hadn't literally died of boredom. She was sure it woul happen at some point.

"With any luck, this whole affair will be over soon enough," said Josephine. She could never place a time when one of the Queen's parties would end. Sometimes they could go into the early hours of the morning. If Josephine could, she would head straight for her chamber, and shut herself in for the rest of the evening. But she knew she couldn't.

Aio Aio

Anna Bella Moor

Obviously, the queen was furious despite of her nice try to show kindness toward her special servant and she had the right to feel that way; Anna didn’t need to be smart to understand that. She also had found out that easing her mind was out of her hands, at least not until she could find out who the culprit was and punish him or her severely. Almina graced Anna by her warm touch on her shoulder. The maiden bowed without speaking a word as no worthy words were in her custody at the moment to be let out for a queen to hear. Silence was better that futile speeches or babbling.

"I trust you completely, Anna… You ought to know that I trust my ladies fully. You would not be my ladies otherwise."

Anna took Almina’s words to heart and felt it flattered. “I’m so grateful, my queen… your benevolence is infinite…” She replied shyly with a childish bashful smile. Maybe her greatest weakness was her love for being praised by the queen. More importantly, she took it as queen’s approving of her future activities about girls who might pester the prince.

Now guards were on the move. One met the commander to have him leave the hall; the other came to take dear old Ricardo. She was tracking the old servant following a guard when suddenly noticed a most familiar face on the other side of the hall. Evangeline, the younger lady-in-waiting of the queen, was standing alone looking at her meaningfully as if she had been waiting for her to notice her gaze for a while. The elder girl nodded slightly and received a short note about what the young one was about to do by reading changes in her face. Her eyes followed Eva strolling the dancing ground and taking note of almost everyone who mattered to her to hit Mr. Clodomir in the end. Anna had to hold her joking smile hidden as thought of reasons behind that maiden’s choice and felt a little pity for the good man who had just saved her from getting in trouble with a suspicious maid. Only God knew what Eva might want out of that brotherly figure of a guard. Regarding that she could ask her about it later, she returned to scanning the ball or more accurately, watching the same direction at the queen was inspecting. Her majesty was watching her beloved children and so she did. For a moment, her eyes met with the elder prince and caught his smirk toward his mother which was bothersome but not as much as his next action; asking the northern girl for dance. “Oh… for heaven’s sake… did my eyes see correctly? His highness just eyed this way before choosing one of lord Daeron’s girls? If it’s so… is his highness… trying a challenge?” She whispered in surprise and fell silence. “As long as the prince knows what he is doing and does it intentionally… I can hope he can protect himself?” She added in a voice even lower than whisper. While being distracted by the throne prince, she had lost the sight of her friend getting familiar with one of Daeron’s men. But she wasn’t going to watch them dancing all the night. Her eyes searched for Eva again and this time another guard had joined them. “Something unpleasant is going on… can’t they solve a problem without marching through the ball? They’ve called for Mr. Clodomir again… what’s that Therin doing?” She asked nervously.
SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Misty Gray Misty Gray Nightblade Nightblade @Meraki-Blackout

Daeron

charlie-hunnam-in-king-arthur.jpg

Daeron swore at the spilt wine, using napkins to try and remove the wine from his clothes. Things were getting just a bit out of hand for his liking, besides he decided to head to his room to retire. He wanted to be up at dawn to flex his sword arm and get in some much needed practice.

Moving to leave the hall, he happened to come close to the knight he had given the note too earlier. Giving the tiniest of nods he left the hall. He planned to go to his rooms and enjoy a bath and a mug of ale before turning in for the night.

Making his way up the empty stairs, he found the rooms granted to his men, marked by the northern guards. Stepping into his rooms, he gave the guards instructions regarding who could come in. Shedding his shirt, he watched as some nameless servants came in filling the large fitted bath with warm water.

Interactions for Daeron: Slade Slade

Astrid
e3fb46cb8224f02849c87e0887865491--lady-kenna-kenna-reign.jpg

Astrid remained thoughtful at the princes questions both regarding the north as well as how she found the south. She decided regarding her opinion of the south, to be totally honest
"In all honesty your grace, the stories build it up a bit too much, everyone competing for no reason other than who looks best and everything else that does not matter"

Throughout her speech she remained more or less looking the same happy maiden in the princes arms. She looked slightly thoughtful at the princes second question. Unaware the music had changed, she shifted into the correct position for the different type of dancing this would involve

"What would you like to know about the north your grace"

She asked looking up at him. She knew she had to play hot then cold to keep his interest as she knew that girls threw themselves at the prince and tried to cling tightly to him, whereas She would need to be different. She would need to be better than the others when it came to this game

The Song finally came to an end and Astrid gave a courtsey to the prince.

"Thank you, your grace it was an honour to have a dance"
Interactions for Astrid: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lady Evangeliya Viktoria Koháry of the House Tsvetkov-Koháry
Lady-in-Waiting of Queen Almina

Her heart immediately dropped as she looked upon Sir Clodomir's change of behavior within a split instant. One moment she believed they were getting along, conversing, and having fun but the next moment he seemed to be angry with her, ice cold and distant. What once was a friend has now turned foe? Or was it never like that and she, herself, was deceived with the notion that they were beginning to know each other? She felt fooled, hurt even - if it got to the point that she actually cared what this Royal Guard thought. But, unfortunately, Evangeliya would never admit it, but she had taken a liking to wanting to know more about the male before her. However, he ripped that path between them without a consideration, none, whatsoever. Jerk. No, that wasn't even the proper word for Sir Clodomir. Regardless, Evangeliya's brows furrowed together in confusion as she wondered if what she had said offended him, but she couldn't place the reason why he would have been. Had he been a fan of deception? Or was it the mere fact that she only approached because of the rumors about him? Either way, her gaze was on the tight grip he seemed to be keeping on the polearm as if it could be ripped away from him just like the walls he built between her and him without a trace or hint as to why he felt such disregard and blatant hostility.

Evangeliya hadn't a mind to blink when Sir Clodomir had addressed her as "Lady Koháry", they afterall, were in a presence of a guest and it was informal and improper etiquette if a Royal Guard were to "over-step" boundaries of calling a lady by her first name. But rather the words that felt like sharp knives that hit her heart when he, from what she felt, told both her and Lord. . .Leidolf, was it? To move to the side as they were blocking his view. He hadn't minded when she was in his view before, so why now? Evangeliya knew she wasn't "crazy" by her reaction of Sir Clodomir's speech, but rather, caught her quite off guard. Lord Leidolf was a mere guest and if he wished to speak to her, he would politely wait rather than Sir Clodomir not giving her a chance or a choice to do what she wanted. Since when had she said she wanted to speak to the Lord, no offense to the quite intriguing man next to her, but Evangliya was beyond angered by the fact he had hinted for her to leave him be and to "go away". But, the last words that he spoke to her only caused her eyes to narrow as he responded to her that he spoke to the Queen the way he spoke with her. Wrong. She didn't believe him, there was something different there. . . he could have chosen not to speak to her, as he was now, but with the Queen he would have had to regardless of what he wanted. Sir Clodomir made a choice to indulge her, not out of obligation or duty, but. . well . . why?

But, she decided to not be in a presence of a man who didn't want her around. Evangeliya knew when she wasn't needed or wanted, especially since her Father had the same air and tension she felt emitting from Sir Clodomir. Men. Instead, Evangeliya decided to ignore the Barley Guard, giving her attention towards Lord Leidolf. Evangeliya straightened herself, returning her countenance as she stood upright, shoulder widths apart, keeping her polite tone as she smiled softly. Her head bowed slightly as her hand rested flatly on her lap before lifting her head up, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Leidolf. I hope your journey towards the gala was smooth. " She gently spoke, slowly walking herself to the opposite side of Sir Clodomir to not be in his precious view of the ball, though she kept close to his side despite her back was facing him. "And if not through words and politics, your Lordship, how, may I ask , do you make decisions? Perhaps by taking arms, is it?" Evangeliya questioned curiously, taking the time to take in the Norse male's appearance - his white hair and bright blue eyes.

However, before she could hear the answer of her new companion that she would be honored in getting to know - Evangeliya took this as an opportunity to get to know the Northerner - Sir Wolfe came passing by, greeting her as her lips tugged into a small smile in return to Sir Wolfe's greeting. Evangeliya's eyes were trained on the Lord Leidolf, however, her ears were listening intently to the conversation that was recurring between Sir Wolfe and Sir Clodomir. Thankfully, Evangeliya's ears were sharp enough to hear the hushed conversation, as her eyes widened in shock at hearing that Ricardo is bleeding on the floor and Sir Therin was not brought aware of the incidence. Warning bells rang in her head as she politely smiled at Lord Leidolf, "Pardon me, your Lordship, there is something that I must attend to and it has slipped my mind due to the conversation I had been enjoying. Shall we speak more if there is a chance?" Evangeliya questioned, her voice remaining even as she hoped Lord Leidolf hadn't wondered what was happening, especially with the Royal Guard's whispering with one another.

Without further ado, Evangeliya excused herself and made her way around the two Guards behind her, finding an opening as she narrowed her eyes, speaking in a hush tone towards them. "Sir Wolfe. Ricardo. . is bleeding on the floor. . ? How did this happen? Did you not bind that maid's hands to not cause such a sticky situation? The Queen trust you, or rather, the both," Evangeliya lowly spoke, scolding the both of them as she looked between the two before speaking again, "of you to finish what is necessary and find out what the bloody name is going on before others get suspicious. There is to be no more dilly-dallying. Now, go before others hear of this!" She harshly spoke, seeing from the corner of her eyes Anna's stare over towards them. Evangliya bit her lips, shaking her head, urging, "I must tend to Ricardo and Sir Wolfe, do you not know how to handle a lady? Out of all people. Lady Anna is looking over here and there's worry creasing her expression. We musn't let the Queen worry of these matters."

Cosmo Cosmo , @ReverseWells , Slade Slade , MJ ._. MJ ._.

hgbhjg-jpg.371942
Theodore couldn't help but smirk when Astrid answered his question about how she was taking the south's hospitality. Her response was hardly full of praise but that didn't really matter to him, he valued the fact she was being honest. At times, it grew tiresome hearing empty complimented and having women tell him only what they believed he wanted to hear. There were limits to how much he would allow someone below him to say, but he expected Astrid would know her limits and not to overstep her mark.

"You should never believe stories," he remarked. "You're quite right. There is no point in competing for such petty reasons. I do find it quite tiresome myself, I must admit." It was especially tiresome when he already knew he was the best, in terms of power and status. Probably even the best where looks were concerned too.

When she asked him what exactly he would like to know about the north, he simply smiled and shook his head. It occurred to him that he probably wasn't much interested in her response. He knew everything he felt he needed to know about the place, for the time-being. He wasn't completely sure why he'd even posed the question in the first place. Perhaps the longer he kept her talking, the longer his mother and their prying guests would squirm.

The song ended and their dance ended too. He simply nodded his head when she told him it had been an honour to have the dance. He remainedint he same spot until she left. He sent a slightly taunting wave and a smile in the direction of the queen and Anna. He then turned on his heel and accepted a glass of wine from one of the servants before returning to the edge of the ballroom where he could observe the guests for a little while longer. This was usually a good spot for deciding which lady would gain his attention, but today he was merely observing out of curiosity; taking in the interactions between those present. He swirled the wine around in his glass before placing it down on a nearby table. His food taster wasn't in sight, so he wouldn't be touching the drink that had come from some random, unimportant servant.

Nightblade Nightblade
Mention: MJ ._. MJ ._. SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Interaction: N/A
Mentioned: Daeron ( Nightblade Nightblade ) & Theodore ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

As Vienna was picking up the broken glass on the floor, she had seen the man who she bumped into mumble something before walking away. She was grateful that he didn't do anything or say anything to her. But she knew that those servants who watched her drop those glasses would soon go and tell the head maid on her. Vienna let out a soft sigh as she stood up with a bleeding finger, the stranger who she had bumped into was long gone. Vienna turned around, and saw the Prince from afar, he was quite a sight to see. But Vienna stayed as far as possible from the Royals. Maybe it was because she felt intimidated by them, who know knows? Vienna looked at him carefully, and saw how he eyed the wine near him, but never drink it. That was interesting. Vienna cleared her throat as she pressed her finger on the skirt of her dress, it stung, but she endured it. She let her head fall as she began to walk past the Prince and she went straight out of the room without looking back.

Vienna made a dash when her entire body made it out of the ballroom. She felt so embarrassed that she had done that, she couldn't believe that she was so clumsy, she hated it. A strand of her hair was brushing up against her cheek and she simply pushed it behind her ear, but with the finger that was bleeding. So now her hair had blood on it.

Queen Almina of Leston
Almina's eyes grazed over the room once more, taking in all of her guests. Taking them in, knowing that any one of them could be out to get her. To get her out of power. Almina was sure that it was enough to make anyone bitter for the rest of the evening.

Almina couldn't help but let out a small smile as Anna gratefully thanked her for her compliment. She made sure to have the most loyal ladies, who would do anything to please their queen.

Almina rolled her eyes as Anna brought up that Theodore was with Daeron's girls. That was the last thing Almina needed, worrying about her eldest son dallying around with one of Daeron's girls. She had enough on her plate as it was. She suspected him taking up with this girl could only lead to trouble. She sighed deeply and took a sip of wine. She was tempted to take a large swig, but she didn't want to appear unladylike. She was sure that the stress that was being put on her tonight was only just beginning.

"I don't trust Theodore to know what he's doing," said Almina. "I don't trust that he can keep it under control. But I don't mean that as an insult to Theodore. I just think it's hard to keep such delicate matters under control."

She saw the guards matching through the ballroom and she rolled her eyes. She was beginning to get a headache. She didn't like to see the guards going through the ballroom. She had always preferred things to be handled quietly. She took another sip of her wine.

"My dear Anna, would you please remind me to reprimand the guards in the morning for coming through like that," said Almina.

MJ ._. MJ ._.

Cecily Amphillis Asplyn

Cecily looked at Josephine and nodded slightly as she pursed her lips. It was quite obvious how she felt about the whole thing and Cecily could not judge her as she felt the same way. "I fear this event is just getting started." Cecily sighed, her eyes scanning the crowd. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, all smiles as they danced the night away. Although with the bustle of the guards she knew something was not quite right, and all though it was rather distasteful Cecily hoped whatever was happening would soon call for the party to end.

Glancing over at the queen she soon pursed her lips before looking over to Josephine. "It seems the queen has taken a break so it seems this ball will go on longer than expected if she is taking a break now." Cecily kept her lips pursed, not allowing a sigh to escape her lips. If the queen was taking a break from the festivities now of all times it only meant she intended to go on for longer. Something which Cecily began to dread, wishing for this night to be over as she still had an early start the next morning.

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Lady Elizabeth of Leston
238c58a2c9a32d8f8b55e262d911d7e8--red-velvet-dress-velvet-dresses.jpg
medieval_princess_ii_by_mawiiecooper-d4varmq.jpg
With the passing of time, Elisabeth grew more at ease in the company of both the Lady and Lord she had accompanied outside. In fact, Elizabeth was more than surprised to see Yesenia engaging in the conversation at all. It was her impression up until this point that the woman held distaste toward her family for many a reason. Perhaps this was the truth still, but Elizabeth felt she had at least made progress no matter how small.

With the conversation switching rapidly from topic to topic, Elizabeth began to feel somewhat on edge. She hated to gossip and rightly so given her position. One wrong word about the wrong Lord and all hell could break loose, especially when the said lord was from the North. Northerners were by nature prideful people and anything said to dishonor them could turn nasty quickly. And so with this in mind, Elizabeth only spoke briefly "Brightflame, he is a northern lord yes. A very powerful Lord at that. He boasts one of the kingdoms most powerful armies and although he seems rough around the edges he, to me at least, seems to have quite a keen mind. His writing and speech at least give me the impression that he has received a good schooling. But that is just speculatory."

With that said and done with the next topic came up and it did so rapidly. And the topic was of course speculation into why the guards were on their toes. Naturally one would assume attempted assassination of the queen was the reason and that likely was the case based on previous occasions. But Elizabeth was keen on sitting this conversation out, unlike her half-sister Elizabeth wasn't too keen on voicing her opinions of the queen or the attempted assassination. She instead opted to star gaze while her two companions finished up.

Aio Aio Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back