News Coronavirus Support

How much has the Coronavirus impacted your life?

• Completely

• A lot

• A fair amount

• Not too much

• Not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Maybe people are sick of it because it's all over the news, but it's here and a reality. I was looking to see if there is a thread on it already, but I have not seen one. If there is, please point me in that direction.

I'm not an expert, but I at least wanted to get this up and maybe leave it for others to vent about what they're going through or how their life has stopped because of the virus so it's not bottled up inside. If anyone wants to share advice, resources, or tips on how to get through the virus, please do. Not only will it help those who are living on their own, but to those who may be younger, they can tell their parents/family about it too. Feel free to share your opinions on the topic, but as always, be respectful.

My 2 cents.

• To anyone feeling scared or anxious, it's understandable and there's nothing wrong with that. But the world is not ending. In addition to all the deaths reported, many more people are Recovering. It will take some time to get completely back to normal, but eventually we will.
  • Sports will not be back anytime soon. Until a vaccine is made and widely given out, sports where a lot of people gather and are in contact, will not be back. That will be a WHILE.
  • If you have money on hand, now is the best time to invest in the stock market. Read up, take your precautions, and go on in.
  • If you are in the market for one, now is the best time to buy a car. If you're still working and feel you can, take advantage of these deals carmakers are giving everyone.
  • Now is the best time to refinance your loans. Mortgage, car, etc. With rates SUPER low, if you can get it done, it will save you a lot of money.
  • Federal student loans have 0% interest through the end of September. Don't let that pass you by. If you can, make payments on them even though it's not required. You will not save money now, but you will save a lot more later.

I think the guys intentionally ruining products, or trying to infect others like the hugging fiasco in Italy is a complete dipshit, but that's none of my business.

I think the guys intentionally ruining products, or trying to infect others like the hugging fiasco in Italy is a complete dipshit, but that's none of my business.
I did not hear about that, what happened?

More 2 cents:

• If you filed taxes and chose direct deposit in 2018/2019, check your accounts. The government started depositing money for you since April 9th. Yours will come by April 17th the latest.
  • If are trying to file for unemployment, try the online application at midnight. You may be able to file it that way without it crashing on you. Also, try using the Internet Explorer browser to do it instead of others.
  • If you need food, be on the lookout for giveaways- they are there. Churches and local organizations are having them regularly.
  • If you find you have more free time on your hands, don't waste it please. Come off social media for a bit/video games and do something like learning another language, learning about finance, learning how to cook, or anything that will help you out in the future. You will feel bored, but you will thank yourself later.

I did not hear about that, what happened?

More 2 cents:

• If you filed taxes and chose direct deposit in 2018/2019, check your accounts. The government started depositing money for you since April 9th. Yours will come by April 17th the latest.
  • If are trying to file for unemployment, try the online application at midnight. You may be able to file it that way without it crashing on you. Also, try using the Internet Explorer browser to do it instead of others.
  • If you need food, be on the lookout for giveaways- they are there. Churches and local organizations are having them regularly.
  • If you find you have more free time on your hands, don't waste it please. Come off social media for a bit/video games and do something like learning another language, learning about finance, learning how to cook, or anything that will help you out in the future. You will feel bored, but you will thank yourself later.
Your normal everyday euro shenanigans happened really. To put it detailed:
I'm not entirely sure when it happened, but the whole scene with China had a bad take. But they handled it the worst way possible. A "hugachinese" campaign was initiated, and then Italy got mega screwed than it already was. This was to encourage a good fight and support them after the incidents, and they only achieved to infect more, and kill those that'd probably still be alive right now. So exactly as I said it in my post. And the Italians are quite pissed.

In more dark humor terms:
They thought they could stop the offense and provide support, now they're all dead.

Is anyone else struggling with not being able to see their partner during lockdown?

My boyfriend and I both unfortunately live with our families across state lines. We still talk to each other regularly, about basically anything, but eventually you start running into communication issues. We both take classes online now, so we're often too busy to call, or even message (he's also an essential worker, which is another stressor altogether). We live far enough apart that travelling to either or's place is not an option. I saw my boyfriend for the last time almost a month and a half ago, and won't again until who knows when (the governor of my state keeps extending quarantines/curfews, and rightfully so). I think it's starting to take a toll on us. I'm going to miss the physical aspect of our relationship greatly and i'm just hoping this will be over soon. Anyone else want to share thoughts about this?

Last edited:
Well, this whole thing impacted a lot on me. In all facets of my life.

-I was suspended from work and put into unemployment aid for the time being. My job isn't guaranteed right now, but my employers said that they would help anyone to the extend of their abilities. I'm still scared, though.

-I was setting the groundwork of my free time and money to start doing serious therapy and taking time for self-improvement. I was going to consult with a psychiatrist, then start comportamental psychology therapy, consult with a nutritionist so I can make a muscle-gaining diet, then go to a personal trainer for support in a training regiment. All of this put into a halt instantly.

-I was dating a girl and we were cut off right after the first date, which made me pissed.

All in all, the virus pressed a Pause button on my life. I hope when it presses play I'll be in a better shape than before.

This virus has honestly impacted my life very little. I didn't lose a job since I was unemployed before all this, I wasn't in school, and I don't know a single person(at least outside the internet) who has actually gotten sick from it. Having to stay at home has been an inconvenience, that's about it. Perhaps I'm just one of the lucky ones since I don't even have sick people to deal with.

Nothing much has changed in my life, work is more annoying because we have to do a similar amount of work with fewer people (some have to stay away on account of being in a vulnerable demographic or likely to carry the disease). Online classes are kind of a blessing because I no longer have to travel a lot to attend classes.

And luckily no one in my family is sick so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back