Convent game

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
First, if you are going to CalCon don’t read this

I’m thinking of running an exalted game on an upcoming local gaming convent, this would be my first convent game as an ST and I’m looking for advise and ideas.

My idea is for the players to play young Dragon bloods in a wyld hunt.

Before the game they where sent of to investigate a rumor while the rest of the hunt chases an anathema.

Other ideas:

Having 8 pre generated character sheets of the player to chose from  (3 to 5 players)

Giving them command of 20-30 soldiers, (can be killed of for dramatic effect).

Giving every player a secret note telling him or her something.

Ideas: false information that one of the players is a traitor,

False information that someone is trying to kill you.

A mission from your house to delivering leather to someone in secret.

Slightly simplifying the system. Any tips on what to remove to make the game simpler for new players?

Telling the players about the world of exalted from a dragon blooded point of view. And that if you know more about the exalted world don’t tell the others.

Dude, when I read the thread title, I immediately thought of Kung-Fu Nuns fighting evil with yardsticks.  You really need to learn when not to abbreviate.  Lmmfao!

As for your actual post--your ideas sound good; maybe a little polishing is needed, but you know, it all really depends on the players.

KUNG FU NUNS!

If you're planning a DB game, especially to new players, then focus on just a few key issues:

1) The strength of DB's to work well together, with scenes that can show off they're team skills.

2) The cool Charms and Backgrounds DB's have access to.

3) They're frail status within a crumbling world.

This way, the player's could get a simple yet enjoyable feel for Creation from the DB's perspective.  I would say, as a note, try to avoid spreading much misinformation between players, especially if they're new.  You want them to enjoy the game and they're character's, and not worry about whose about to be stabbed in the back.

Cheers,

~FC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back