• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Contracting Contradictions (Forever & Enigma)

Darius

A slow smirk had descended his lips as he listened to the frantic cry of his current master's brother, the vile grin slowly twisting into something malicious as a cackle passed his parted lips, shark like teeth bared in amusement at the other. "Ah? Tell me, Human~" He cooed, momentarily shifting his gaze to the angel for he huffed, smiling darkly. "Why should I even attempt, or even think about that option?" He questioned, raising his other, unoccupied hand till only his index finger was pointed out.

The grin softened to a dull scowl, his look once again one of boredom as he began to mumble, yet having returned to a point where he was explaining once more. "Firstly, Since I will be serving her until her death, to which I do hope is not to long from now, Why would I even think of sending her soul to that fluffy place? What would I have gotten from all of this?" He asked, looking at his through thick lashes as he huffed. "I mean, It is like asking someone to build a house under a contract but not get the pay or recognition for it." There was a pause as he glared at the angel, smirking. "I am no bloody prissy like your winged fellow there, being all nice and charitable is far from what I was made for."

Still staring at the Angel, Darius kept that grin, the very taunting twitch to the edges of his lips continued. "Then there is the fact I would, to be able to do it, have to allow one of those halo bastards to taint me with their presence. Do you know how annoying that is? Not only is it painful but I would have to work for years on fixing that very taint. So why would I put all of the years into this contract to not get a single thing?" Darius gratefully took the pancake from Emma, holding it between his fingers cautiously as he let it stay there for a moment before he took a bite. After a few seconds, he finished the breakfast, grinning. "Thanks, Emma."

Turning back to the angel and his master, Darius cocked his head lazily. "Personally, I would like to know. I don't understand your reasoning for wanting to save her. Why do you care? Shouldn't you ensure your own survival? I mean I am sure I could find away to go around my contract here to kill you both before Emma could even solve my loop and order me not too..." The demon trailed over, waving his hand about lazily. "I would not save my brother. If he was weak, then he would die. Simple as! If Dante was foolish enough to get into a situation, he should get himself out..."

When he was done, his overall appearance had settled as he listened to Emma, still appearing to be generally quite bored. Still, the female brought a look of confusion to his features as he furrowed his brow. "You would rather be consumed than technically still alive in a world?" He mumbled, glancing over to the other two before back to her. "Every human ever contracted to one of us, the kings, have begged to be spared from being consumed.." He reached up, settling a curled finger upon his chin. "This is why I insist you are strange..." He added before perking up slightly. "Which is a good thing. Currently, I believe I will keep you alive...albeit the torture, it would be to much effort to continue such for eternity..."

Emmaline

Marcus's fists were clenched, He was clearly very frustrated with Darius's reasoning. "Well unlike you demons, we humans actually have hearts and souls! Emmaline is my sister, I love her and want to protect her. You selfish demons don't care about yourself, which is why you're in hell in the first place!" Emmaline decided that was enough, and clapped a hand over her idiot brother's mouth. "Marcus, shut up. He's a demon king, I don't think insulting him like that is a good idea."

Nathaniel sighed, folding his wings. "Perhaps we should take our leave now, master. This demon does not appear to be a threat to your sister at the moment." He told him. Marcus warily complied, sending one last glare to Darius. "Emmaline, I need to talk to you about this later. I'll call you." With that he stormed out the front door, Nathaniel in his wake. The blond-haired girl sighed, sinking into her plush couch. She loved Marcus, but he could be a nightmare at times. She lived on her own now, she could take care of her ow affairs.

"Sorry about that." She said, turning to Darius with a wince. "Like I said, my family is filled with strong demon haters, which is mainly why I moved out." The human girl's bright blue eyes closed as she yawned. It was too early in the morning for this drama. "Why are you so surprised about my choice? I know begging to be sent to heaven is pointless so it's a waste of time to go for that." She paused, opening her eyes again to gaze up at the much taller demon. "And I thought that the only option for staying alive was to be tortured for eternity? I'd much prefer just having my soul devoured and getting it over with to that."

Emmaline frowned, thinking for a minute. "I mean, if there's a way to still exist without being tortured I'd much prefer that. Maybe we could switch, I could become your familiar once I die." She said, laughing. She got up with a grunt, ad stretched her arms over her head in an attempt to wake herself up a bit more. "Anyway, today we need to get you some more... Modern clothing. Most people don't know what the four kings actually look like, so they'll most likely assume you're simply a higher-up demon, but you'll definitely get some stares if you're dressed like that." She told him, raising an eyebrow.​

Darius

The demon King had collapsed into a fit of laughter when the two had to leave. The whole set of events that had transpired was absolutely hilarious to the demon to a point he was forced to clutch at his stomach as he swayed upon the seat. Eventually, it led to what most would expect. It swayed for a few seconds before it fell, Darius along with it. With a loud thud, the demon groaned irritably as he pulled himself, expression having become sour suddenly. "Stupid, human chairs..." Of course, Darius had to blame the chair.

By the time he was standing, Darius was rubbing his back, grumbling curses faintly as he turned over his shoulder to look at Emma. "As I said, all humans normally do is beg for a second life...Though we rarely tell them we are going to torture them in hell for the rest of their secondary lives until we grow bored." He pointed out, adjusting his clothes faintly before sighing, the pain had vanished but the actions he still remembered. "You however, desire the complete opposite of what other humans I have met asked for. Hence, you are strange. Very strange." He added, repeating it just to make sure she understood. "It is fine though. Many humans prefer the angels because they desire serenity and peace, that crap, after their natural life has come to an end."

Darius was about to go to the couch when he was stopped, turning to look at her with a curious expression, his own brows furrowing. "That...is something I have never heard off..." was the clear reply as he finally settled back onto his favourite piece of furniture in the girls house, closing his eyes immediately. "Though, it seems much more desirable. Lets agree on that. When you are dead, you get to just lounge around in the castle with me and the other three idiots. It is not as if I do much else anyway...maybe boss those little bugs around..." He finished, a sly grin coming to his lips at his mention of the lowest class demons.

He ended up rolling his eyes, huffing as he reached over to tug at the white shirt adorning his torso. "Hey! I had tried to tone down my outfit but I honestly miss the more decorative clothing...I have to be seen as superior to them all. I don't need to have some low life believe they are equal to me..." He whispered, pouting slightly as he sat up to glare at her. "Wait! My clothes show who I am though...wouldn't it be beneficial to have everyone know how strong you are? That you control one of the strongest creatures alive?"​

Emmie-linie

The human girl looked at Darius in amusement with how hilarious he seemed to find the frustrated exit of her brother and his familiar, but it turned to surprise as he rocked backwards, falling off of the chair. "It's not the chair's fault, you're clearly way too big to be rocking on it like that." She scolded lightly with a laugh, allowing him space on the couch. Good thing it was so big, or she wouldn't have anywhere to sit anymore, as her demonic familiar seemed to enjoy it so.

"Well, if torture is what my second life would consist of then I'd really prefer not to have that chance." She said with a grimace, swinging her legs off of the edge of the couch. They weren't long enough to touch the floor. Emma looked over to her demon with a grin. "Trust me, torturing me would get old after a few weeks at most. I break easily, then it would just be the same screaming and crying. Plus, I don't think I'm that bad of a human to be contracted to. I might not be perfect, but I know that I don't deserve to be tortured for an eternity." She shuddered at the thought.

His compliance of her suggestion, however, stretched her grimace into a grin. "Seriously? No one's ever even suggested that before? What idiots. Who would agree to a second life in hell if they didn't know what was going to happen to them during that life?" She laughed. "I think you'd get much more amusement by keeping me as a familiar of sorts. That way I wouldn't be begging you to end my miserable existence the whole time. Which would be pretty annoying, if you ask me." If she would be simply chilling in his castle with Darius, going to hell really didn't seem that bad. What an interesting concept, actually wanting to go to hell.

The demon's next comment about his dress, however, made her sigh. "I get your point, even though I don't necessarily need people to know how important you are. They might try to break our contract for themselves then. There are some pretty shady humans these days." That thought returned her grimace. "I'm sure you prefer looking important though, so how about this: I take you to get some new clothes. But you can chose the most expensive, fancy clothes you can find. As long as they're in some of the stores shopped at today. You can dress fabulously, but please do it in clothes that don't look like they're from hundreds of years ago." She added with a slight laugh.​

Darius

The familiar had closed his eyes, enjoying the texture of the sofa as he yawned. To be honest, Darius wanted to quickly fall back into his old pace of spending years just lounging around and tormenting the lower ranks. That and plotting. Oh yes, Hell had been plotting a lot lately and eventually those plans would be started. However, he could not hear news of this or any new developments due to his current status. Though he could not wait to rip those feathery wings from thos-....

Cut off from his thoughts, the blonde peered from barely open eyes over at Emma with a small smirk, a mischievous glimmer to his orbs as he waved his hand dismissively. "It is not as if we tell them that is what will happen. We just say there is the option to remain in hell, technically alive." It was cruel but their disappointment and later, how they broke was just so amusing that it never seemed to end. They would lie and taint those souls... "It is more intriguing that you would believe, each of their reactions is powerfully different..."

He eventually shook his head before sitting up properly, running a hand through his locks. Darius was not wearing his gloves and so the engraved lines upon his flesh was bare to see. "I have no doubt you would break." Darius admitted, his tone faint but mostly uncaring. "All humans do. Very easily. Angels are harder because of how annoyingly loyal they are." The demon peered over at her, suddenly leaning closer so red orbs stared lazily at her own, a grin coming to his lips. "And no, it has never been suggested before. However, it is an interesting suggestion. I'll make sure to keep you so I can stick you with all my work." There was a pause as he slid back to his position. "The lower ranks are boring and keeping an eye on them is a pain..."

Back to clothing and Darius was once again pouting as he stared with furrowed brows and a narrowed gaze at the human, his master. "Fine! However, I resent all of this!" He hissed, falling back into the cushions as he began to sulk. "My clothes are an act of displaying my superiority...I feel as if you plan to demote me to a creature of this level..." It didn't even cease as the demon continued to grumble, language switching to one native to his species. Darius then froze, turning immediately to her. "I have forgotten. At some point I must return to my world to meet with the other generals and as it is my duty to serve you, I will have to take you along." He paused, furrowing his brows. "It may be uncomfortable so you may bring company or not."

Emmaline has returned!

The blond raised an eyebrow at her familiar. Were there really so many different ways humans reacted to torture? She supposed so, but it had to get boring after several hundred years... Right? Who knew. She supposed that demons found... Very different things entertaining than most humans did. Even so, she couldn't really imagine enjoying torturing another.

"Really? No one has suggested it? Are they that stupid?" She asked, eyebrows rising in surprise. "No offense, but demons are known not to be that trustworthy. Why would someone think that they wouldn't be tricked." She paused, glancing back up at Darius with a frown. "For all I know, you could be tricking me right now. Even so, like I said, I summoned you. And... Once again, no offense, but you seem pretty lazy. So I would be happy to do all of the work you throw on me rather than living in damnation forever." She replied with a slight laugh, swinging her legs absentmindedly from her perch on the couch.

Darius's reaction to being forced to change clothes, however, reminded Emmaline of a toddler having a tantrum, and made her laugh. "Don't worry, I have no intention of demoting you to my low level. But if people see you wearing clothes as old as that, they won't be able to take you seriously, and would probably mock you. However, if you change into clothing that shows superiority in this day and age, they will respect you and your rank." She explained, closing her blue eyes as she yawned. The start of mumbling in a language that sounded in no way human caused her to open one eye and gaze at the demon questioningly.

"Oh. I have to go with you to hell when you have your meetings?" The human girl asked with a frown, somewhat nervous about that idea. "How often do you have those meetings? And are you sure it's okay? I'd be fine staying here alone while you go do... Whatever you demon generals do at those meetings." Emmaline said with a nervous laugh. She wasn't sure if she really wanted to go to hell quite yet... Even if she was getting a free ride back out with Darius, there was most likely a lot she'd really rather not see down there.​

Darius

The demon pouted at that but shrugged anyway at her statement about him being lazy, it was true anyway. Pursing his lips, the blonde demon simply waved his hand lazily as he closed his eyes to let his attention fade to well...nothing. "I cannot deny the statement, my dear Master." He pointed out, letting the words towards the end become almost jokingly out. "I have spent the past five hundred years or so doing nothing but occasionally checking my domain or sleeping...so I agree, I am quite lazy." Even despite the revealed fact, Darius grinned anyway. Even letting it go as far as a proud smirk.

He turned his head to face her so red eyes could flicker open to stare at her. He still seemed generally against the idea of changing his common attire but he honestly did not feel like he should waste his time on dealing with those who would create ridicule from his noble clothing. Sighing, although still pouting in some way, Darius leaned back further to relax once again. "I agree to change...but I demand that these new clothes be appropriate to my status." He narrowed his gaze as he stared up at the ceiling with annoyance. "...I am irritated about you humans having to develop such a weird sense of style..."

Fingers had begun to press tiredly against the skin of his temple as he groaned at the thought of seeing his comrades of some sorts. He was not physically tired but the thought of a certain demon caused his mind to instantly wither and grow weary. "You do not in all honesty. It is just that it has become my job to protect you as you are my master." He paused, looking back to the ceiling in hopes it would explode and kill him. Though that would not even work. "The distance and time without creating a summoning circle is generally quite large and so it would be hard for me to reach you in a short space of time if you require me." Darius was at his point, glaring at the ceiling because the thought of Amy was irking him. "Though I assure you that you would be fine. Your hand alone proves our bond and few would dare attempt anything...Another General would by the only threat but the four of us have some twisted sense of mutual respect and so they should not do a thing...You probably would even seen my actual little brother.." He quietly added, turning his thoughts to Dante now. "But as I said, I cannot make you. If you wish you can bring others to assure you feel safe...the choice is yours.."

Emmaline

The blond stifled a laugh at how ridiculous the demon was being. "Seriously? I don't understand how you could sit around and do absolutely nothing for five hundred years straight... Doesn't it get terribly boring?" She asked, a slight frown gracing her face as she pondered it. Emmaline doubted that she would ever be able to handle that. Although she did love spending a weekend laying around and vegetating every now and then, it would be terribly dull to do that for more than a few days. But then again, he was a demon, an ancient one at that. For all she knew that five hundred years could only be a blink in his life.

The teenager let out a soft sigh at Darius's clear disapproval of her idea to change out his clothing. "Worry not Mr. Fancypants, you can chose out whichever modern clothing that suits your style. There are plenty of clothes these days that show your noble status, so I doubt anyone will be mislead to think that you are nothing less than a very powerful demon... Besides, you basically radiate power. If you were wearing a plastic bag I could still feel how powerful you are." She told him. It was actually quite unnerving, as she had never been around any entity with so much raw energy as him. At the same time, it was somewhat comforting to know that she was more or less in charge of him.

Unfortunately, the demon made an excellent point when it came to the issue of his disappearance to hell for his meetings with the other generals. Emma pouted slightly, crossing her arms. "Hm, I suppose you're right. I don't really know of anyone who would try anything, except perhaps the extremist religious fanatics who hate anything related to demons." She mused, a slight scowl forming. Yes, it would probably be best to go with him to hell, even if it wasn't something she particularly wanted to do. Perhaps it would be a learning experience, as she was somewhat curious to what the underworld was like. However, the mention of bringing someone else made her laugh. "Bring someone else? I don't think there's anyone who would literally want to go to hell with me. But it'll be okay, as long as you don't leave me in hell. Which shouldn't be an issue, as the contract prohibits that."​

Darius

The demon just smirked at Emma's comment, closing his eyes in thought, though it seemed that he was ignoring her blatantly. "Hm? Boring?" He answered, parroting the words from her comment as he looked back at her. "Everything is boring, Emmaline." He pointed out, stretching his arms above his head in a deep yawn. "I'm a very old and powerful creature. I get to fight few people that are worth my time and there is little I can do without it being out of the agreement we have with angels. " Red eyes peered over towards Emma, a smirk on his lips that revealed the shark like rows of teeth. "Hence, I am always bored. Few people can summon me and ever fewer can fight me. There is barely anything going on that amuses me until now. You, are the first...mortal...to be able to summon me, not even meaning to as well" His hands rested at his sides, another yawn plaguing him. "So...This should be quite fun."

Darius couldn't help but scratch his head idly, peering around the girls home with a tired stare before down at his clothes. "That is true...attire or not, It doesn't take much to feel my status..." The demon mumbled to himself before groaning, nodding softly in response. "Fine. I care no more about adorning useless, mortal, clothing styles." He pointed out, turning his arm around to stare at his current attire fondly. Demon materials were such a comfort...but he should not be on this plane for to long and so it would be missed but something he could go temporarily without. "But I do want only dark colours. I refuse to wear the bright, peppy colours of those winged chirping birds." He hissed, waving his hand lazily. How he hated angels.

He paused seconds later though, raising his brows curiously before peering back at her. "Though...if you show me styles visually, I can simply change my attire to what I see. It is how I am not longer wearing the attire from before." He pointed out, simply now trying to get out of visiting a place infested with humans he had no care for. "On the note of the visit, I only suggested it to provide you more mental comfort. Though it matters not, As per our contract I cant let harm come to you and currently, contract or not, I do not intend to allow such a thing to happen." Emmaline had simply become the most amusing creature he had met, hell be damned if he let this chance escape. Even if he planned to keep her alive after taking her soul when the contract ended. "My brother would be intrigued by you, considering he has always stated I would never make a contract with a mortal..." He rubbed his chin, narrowing his gaze with furrowed brows. "The other two...one is a pain in the ass and the other is to loud..." He knew Amy would be hostile compared to Dante and the other. Though...He could just deal with that then.​

Emmaline

The blond watched the demon curiously from her perch upon the couch, elbow resting on the ledge, and head resting atop her head. "I suppose that's true. I can't imagine anything is that interesting since you've been around so long. Sometime you'll have to tell me about some of the strangest things you've seen throughout the years." She responded. As a young human, there was so much that she did not know. And this demon was basically a walking ball of power and experiences. She was sure that there was much that she could learn from him. However, being told by Darius that their time bonded flattered the girl a bit... And also worried her. After all, things that were fun to demons were generally painful for humans.

Shaking that thought off, Emmaline's eyebrow raised at this new power he apparently had. "Okay, hold on a second." She hopped off of the sofa and meandered over to her desk in the living room, a small laugh escaping at how much the demon was still resisting changing his attire. There didn't seem to be a significant reason that his clothes mattered to him besides showing his rank... So perhaps he was just stubborn? The blond grabbed an iPad from off of the desk and brought it back over, seating herself in the corner of the couch and motioning Darius over next to her. "This is a device called an iPad. It's a little tablet that lets you access the internet, and you can find a bunch of information and stuff on it." She informed him as she typed her password in and opened up Safari, googling images of dark high-end men's fashion. A bunch of images popped up, and she tilted the device toward the demon. "Scroll through these to find something you like. If you don't see anything, you can search something else to help you get a better idea of a style you like." She suggested.

Handing the electronic device to the demon, Emma's blue gaze traveled back to him as he spoke about hell, noting his different degrees of scowling at mentions or thoughts of different people. "Well, I'm glad that even without the contract you wouldn't just leave me to rot in hell." She said it as a joke, with an uneasy laugh after the statement, but a hint of relief tinged her voice. She didn't know that he was telling the truth, as who knew what would happen without the contract, but it was somehow reassuring to hear the demon say that. However. the topic of his siblings peaked her interest. "I don't really take you to be the type to take contracts with mortals either, so I guess I agree with your brother there. Would you mind telling me a little about your siblings, the other kings of hell? We don't learn much about him, and I don't know if anything that we learn is even accurate. I'm sure it'd be moreso coming form a demon who knows them on a more personal level." She replied.​

Darius

The demon peered at the device she picked up with both a hostile glare and curiosity. How such a thin object was going to do this task baffled the demon who had not seen mortal objects for many many years. Red eyes finally narrowed when it was passed to his grip. His fingers tapped against the screen lazily, eyes still narrowed, as the demon did as he suggested and began to swipe through styles. "You mortals have definitely evolved. To fit such a vast amount of knowledge in this...tiny thing is quite impressive. Though it would seem that it could break easily. That would not be beneficial..." Darius had yet to learn of the internet really.

Darius stilled swiped through the styles shown to him, though he payed minor attention to his new contract. Mentioning his siblings, the blonde demon king paused, tilting his head slightly before humming "There is four of us, as you mortals know. We were formed by Lucifer himself, parts of him, to rule over hell while he slumbered in its depths. Of course we have no idea when he will awake so we jointly run Hell. If needed, there could be a vote between hell's masses to pick on of us, but we never really opposed one another to much." Darius explained, bringing the tablet closer to his gaze for a second. "You know about me...Then there is the youngest, Dante." He paused to look up. "He is the one I am closest to. He looks very similar to me but younger. Dante is quite the stoic person, rarely do I see any emotion on his face. Intelligent to boot, quite analytical. Like a machine I guess. Then there is Amy." He leaned back, putting the tablet on his lap for a second.

"Amy, though that is not her given name, is the only female of the four kings, a queen I guess. Though we demons don't see a difference in gender so the king title is awarded to either sex." He explained. "She is fiery, to be honest we often wonder if she embodied the fires of hell personally. Stubborn, irritating and loud. Though like the rest of us, she is devious and a tactician. She is a proud general and leader of our armies. Lastly is Aradon. He is the eldest of us and chooses to appear,strangely enough, as an elderly mortal does." Darius' expression twisted then. "However, he is the more human out of us I guess. He is more considerate with his planning that us, we simply do whatever gets us a win. Life or not." As he finished talking about his siblings Darius stood up to his feet, putting the tablet at his side.

Flames flickered darkly at the edges of his clothes before they began to creep up at a slow pace till his entire attire was hidden. The air would smell briefly like gas and ashes and the room bathed in a orange glow for a few brief seconds before Darius stood with a new attire. He wore a plain grey v-neck tshirt with a black blazer like jacket over the top. A silver chain, though false, fell around his neck with a dark red gem addition to the end, skull detailing. A pair of black skinny jeans and a smart pair of shoes finished his new outfit. While it seemed formed, it was a new casual style to the human realm. Darius believed to have seen it from a korean image, if he recalled correctly.

Sitting back down, he yawned. "There, changed." He muttered, folding his arms over his chest. "Do you have any other questions, Emma?"​

Emmaline

Even though the compliment was not directed at her, but rather the entirety of the human race, Emmaline beamed. It was quite interesting to watch how the demon interacted with the iPad with somewhat suspicious hostility. She imagined that in hell it was probably best to regard foreign things with such an attitude, but she hoped that in his time on earth he would loosen up at least a little bit. "It is quite fragile, you're right about that." The blond acknowledged. "But there are other sturdier devices that do many of the same things, and so much more. This one is just small and easy to carry wherever you go." There would definitely be a lot that she had to teach him about the modern world.

Emma listened with unfaltering intrigue, her bright blue eyes trained on the demon king as he spoke of his 'family', if that was the proper term for the other rulers of hell. She hadn't known that they were all derived from Lucifer himself, and that fact shocked her quite a bit. "So Dante's the one closest to you then.." She mused to herself. "And Aradon is the oldest, and he takes an older form? So does that mean you can just take on whatever form you please?" She inquired, wondering what Darius would look like as a young child, a middle-aged man, a schoolgirl even.

But then another question interrupted her thoughts, and she paused, a slight frown resting on her lips. "So your siblings and you are all technically made from parts of Lucifer, right?" The human girl asked, a trace of uncertainty in her voice. "And Lucifer's a fallen angel... So does that...?" She trailed off, clearly seeing the demon's despise of angels, and not wanting to irritate him. But she was still curious, so she cleared her throat. "Does that technically make you an angel, or at least a fallen one?" Her voice wavered less, but she quickly followed up with another question: "And what about the other demons? How did they come to be?"

Emmaline watched with widened eyes as flames consumed her familiar, wanting to reach out to touch them in awe, but deciding better of it in the case that she got burnt. Her eyes reflexively squeezed shut with the sudden burst of orange light, and when she opened them Darius was standing there in what appeared to be a mix of high-end casual wear and fashion. "See? Even with the modern style, you still radiate power. No one could question that you're anything but." She reassured him, a slight smile tugging at the edges of her lips. It still hadn't really processed that she'd summoned a king of hell the night before, and seeing him in modern clothing helped her adjust a bit.

Darius

He took a seat once again, a curious expression gracing his features as he tugged at the blazers sleeve. He did have to admit, though mentally, that he enjoyed this fashion more than his one back in hell. He looked...sleek, dangerous even and that made the outfit much more appealing to a dark creature like him. A grin sprawled itself onto his expression before he chuckled. It seemed that one thing by humans was done to an adequate level. Darius' red orbs finally slipped back to Emma before he frowned. He questioned whether he would tell her the truth...though decided to. The human would die and if she spoke a word, he would somehow get rid of her.

Leaning back and crossing her arms, Darius scowled. "Dante is the one closest to me, simply because we can stand each other compared to the other two morons." He explained quite lazily. "Aradon chooses it because...well, he likes the wise but terrifying look to controlling his minions. Amy is female, by creation, though she has often assumed male forms to gather her selected souls. " He explained. The woman was basically a succubus, if not stronger. "It is true that I can take any form. However, I am to lazy to think up a new form and take it to memory. I much prefer this look, the one I was crafted to look like."

His fingers rasped one by one upon his other arm, the fact they were interlocked in a cross prevented him from doing much more than that. "...As I said, us four were each crafted from a different part of Lucifer, parts he used willingly because the removal of them made him more dangerous but also gave him an ally." Darius explained, why he trusted this girl began to baffle him. " Amy is part of his anger at being cast and sealed to hell, which explains her fiery nature. Aradon is a creation of his experience in both lives, as angel and as ruler." Unfolding his arms he propped one elbow up on the arm of the chair, setting his head on his hand. "Dante is a part of what forms his mind, Dante has analytical and observational skills that stand at par with our 'father'." There was a pause as he let his eyes fall closed. "I however, was the part of him that was Angel, not fallen. Inside me I bear the part of him that was and remains ...Angel. However, I contradict that because I am a part of his now, demonic form, mostly demonic." Darius explained, grumbling. "My existence seals away the part of him that longs for forgiveness, to return to heaven. I am born to hate it, detest it and want nothing else but to wipe it out. The only reason I can hate them more than the others, is because I bear it behind seals inside me."

Wanting to no longer talk about it, Darius watched her with a stoic gaze. "I do admit, humans have gone far in their fashion sense. Im my last arrivial it was all dresses and frills, it was utterly repulsive. They practically dressed themselves up to be devoured in my opinion." He threw that out there, yawning as he leaned back. "I do expect you, Emma, to not breathe a word of what I have told you just before. It is unknown, even to demons besides us. Specially angels." He stared at the ceiling before sitting properly, folding his legs on the sofa as he cocked his head. "Demons are spawns of Lucifer, they formed from the power Lucifer expelled when the 'Lord' sealed him in hell and he fought vigorously to escape, to stop this attempt. Then, these beasts devoured one another and breed, which is why you have classes of demons." He was honestly annoyed at explanations about demons, though he knew humans had little information on them. "Do we have to do anything today?"​

Emmaline

The human girl watched the demon with a more timid curiosity this time. It was clear by his pause that he was reluctant to tell her about this, and she hoped that she hadn't probed too much. After all, they had only been contracted to each other yesterday, she hardly had enough time to earn his trust. Not that she knew that he would ever truly trust her, as demons were known to have trust issues, but she still hoped that someday perhaps she wouldn't be just a human whose soul he would consume, or whatever would happen to it. Perhaps they could be something close to friends... If that was even a concept demons could grasp.

Blue eyes gazed at Darius, widening slightly in surprise at his words. That was definitely not something that she was taught in school. Not even how they chose the forms to take on. But the parts that they were made of from Lucifer was something she didn't ever expect he'd reveal to her. Or that he himself was the most 'angelic', even in such a way that he detested so much. She was silent for a few moments, allowing herself to process the new information. Things were much more complicated in hell than she thought they'd be. However, when the demon king's deep red eyes met her own, she flinched slightly at their intensity, looking away briefly, before strengthening her resolve and meeting them once again, nodding firmly. "I won't tell anyone, especially not an angel." She promised. "It would do me no good, and even if I wanted to I doubt that they'd believe me."

She couldn't see why they would believe her. After all, if she was in another's place she expected that someone who had a demon as a familiar, especially one as powerful as her own, would lie to preserve themselves and their contract. Which brought her to another question. The blond debated asking it, as it was clear that Darius was growing tired of talking about demons and she didn't want to wear on his patience too much, but she decided to ask it so she would know. "Okay, so I have one last question. Have Dante, Aradon, or Amy ever made a contract with a human, or been summoned before? I can't have been the only one, right?"

The subject of other things to do that day snapped Emma out of the subject of demons, and she nodded, standing up from the couch and stretching. "Yeah, I was thinking we could go into town. Since you seem to be able to conjure clothes up on your own we don't need to go shopping for anything, but even so I want to show you what things are like now and days, and you can explore this world. Does that sound alright?" She asked, yawning. Emmaline was still more than a little fatigued, as she had drained a good portion of her blood the night before in the act of summoning Darius. "I don't know how frilly things makes someone appetizing to eat, but either way I guess that's a good thing for me, as I don't think I'd like wearing that sort of fashion even if it was still considered fashionable." She replied, making a face.​

Darius

The demon got to his feet then with the expectation to go out for a bit. While his body did not get stiff and he was very much used to doing nothing, Darius was curious to the rest of the human realm and its growth. Specially when humans had somehow put in a vast amount of information and images into a rectangle that was to slim for him to understand. His gaze peered back to her briefly as she asked about the others, a topic he was less cautious of. "Dante has not. Aradon has had two, both war generals in your mortal past." He briefly stated before continuing after a pause. "Amy...she has had one. She fell in love with him and since then refuses to accept or even answer a contract. She had forcefully harmed anyone who has summoned her to avoid contracts." He would not tell her how the demon did this but...It was not a pretty sight. The corpses or Amy's mental state after.

Picking up the tablet once again, he stared at the blank screen before back to Emma with a lazy grin. "That is an interesting proposition. I would like to see how much you guys have evolved since my last visit." He pointed out before shrugging, holding up the tablet. "Though I wish to bring this. I have decided that I want to work out how this works, to master this small object." Darius did seem strangely intent on mastering the tablet, though it would spark his curiosity later why he had a new obsession for this thing. It was like a library of information...at his own disposal, in his hands.

Heading over towards the door he pulled it open with a sudden grin, standing against the door as he held it open for the girl. "Hurry Emma!" He demanded, one hand on the door and the other holding the tablet. "As for the dress up thing Emma, they were over dressing. It was strange...they dressed so nicely everyday only to be eating...It would be like dressing up a turkey or something just to eat it. I mean who cares, you are eating it..." He explained though it seemed like a rant sooner or later as he began to grumble.​

Emmaline

Emmaline let out a laugh as the demon suddenly popped up, clearly interested in going out, which surprised her as earlier he seemed so intent on resisting leaving the house. He had the tablet in his hand though, so it appeared that the show of how different technology was in this day and age had changed his mind. "She fell in love with a human?" The girl asked, raising an eyebrow. "Seriously? I've heard countless stories of how humans fall in love with demons they get contracted with and then get betrayed after death as the demons generally don't return the feelings, but that's a new one to me." She mused, pulling some dark brown leather boots that went to her knees on.

"Okay, okay, calm down I'm coming." The blond insisted with a smile, amused y how impatient Darius was for the simple act of going into town. Once her boots were on she stood and followed him out the door, taking a key from an elastic keychain wrapped around her wrist and locked the door to her house before turning back to the demon. "There are these large metal things with wheels called cars that can take you places quickly, but I live really close to town and I don't have a car, so we'll walk to town. But you will see some on the way." She informed him. starting down the flagstone-paved trail from her house leading to the asphalt road.

Emma eyed the demon, and how he carried her iPad. "Hey, that's fragile, so be careful with it." She cautioned. "It's also really expensive, so I'd prefer not to have to buy a new one soon. When we get into town there's a store that sells stuff like that, and there are experts there that can show you how to use it if you're really that interested." The blond informed her demon, tucking her hands into her pockets as she walked, the small gold buckles on her boots clinking softly with every step. Within ten minutes, they had reached the town, some buildings made out of simple brick, while other modern ones were made from metal, glass, and really any material. A small crowd milled around in the center, typical for a Saturday morning such as this one. "What do you want to do first?" Emma asked, turning her eyes back to the demon.​

Darius

There was a look of minor release on his expression when Emma finally got out the door, he himself matching her pace in a few mere seconds, his free hand shoved into his pocket. "Well, yes, Amy did fall in love with a mortal man." He shrugged. As if he cared about the female King, she was a very loud nuisance in the best of days. "He contracted her out of sheer will. It was not his blood but determination, we guess, that somehow summoned her. She declined for days to accept the contract and he kept her there, unable to leave." Yawning softly, he continued. "After a while, she accepted because of how nice a mere human acted to her, a demonic ruler that had killed many of his kind. Eventually, she developed feelings. However, there was consequences for their love, of course."

Turning to her when she complained about the tablet, the demonic just kissed at his teeth before shoving it into her grip. "You hold it then, shortie." He muttered, ignoring any response to his insult by reaching up to tug at the some strands of hair, barely paying attention. When they finally did reach the town, Darius was left to look around with a curious gaze, lips slightly agape as if to speak. "Your buildings have also impoverished greatly!" He commented, complimented actually. "You once had stupid shacks...so easy to crush and burn" He cackled before looking around more closely.

Eventually, Darius noted a sweet smell fill his nose and his eyes shot over to her. "There is some type of meat here, I desire it." He demanded before pointing in the direction. Of course it was a simple fast food place but the smell was unfamiliar to Darius who often dined on more demonic meals than mortal.

Emmaline

The small human listened with interest to the demon's story, blue eyes trained on him. She couldn't believe that a king of Hell would fall in love with such an insignificant human. Even the fact that she agreed to make the contract shocked her! She guessed that she would be impressed if a human without strong blood managed to summon someone so powerful, but even so. "Wait, so what happened?" Emmaline asked, a slight frown gracing her features. "Did the human return her feelings? What were the consequences?" Even though it sounded like something that would be in some sappy over-dramatic love story, because Darius was a king of hell he would be the most reliable source for this information and she wanted to learn as much as she could.

"Shortie?" Emma let out a small huff, clutching the tablet to her chest protectively. She made no further remark, as she couldn't deny it. Her small 5"2 form was tiny in comparison to the demon standing beside her. She smiled at how impressed Darius seemed to be by the modern architecture, and made a mental note not to let him try to crush any buildings, as he implied that it had been an activity demons partook in.

"Meat?" The blond asked, inhaling the smell of fast food. She let out a laugh. It probably wasn't real meat, but clearly the demon was interested, and so she just nodded her head. "Alright, let's go to Burger King. Their food is pretty cheap and low-quality, later I'll have to treat you to a good burger." She told him as she led the way into the building. There was no line, and the worker manning the cash register stared at Darius with wide eyes. A small imp perched on his shoulder squeaked at the sight and bowed down in deference to the demon king. "W-welcome to Burger King, how may I h-help you?" The boy mumbled nervously. Emmaline looked at Darius. "There's a menu on the wall. You probably don't know what any of those stuff are though, so I recommend just getting a simple burger to start." She suggested.​

As the two of them approached the burger place, the smell of meat tempting him further, he kept his 'cool' expression on, hands in his pockets. "He did reciprocate her feelings." Darius stated faintly before sighing, body tense. "For a while the two were happy. My siblings and I were undeniably shocked at first and protested with Amy... However, we eventually settled and let them do whatever they wished. We cared very little then about the difference in species." Darius explained softly. "Amy did well to restrain herself along with keeping their contract as long as possible. She planned to use his soul at his death to cause his rebirth. As a demon." Darius studied the inside of Burger King. His voice lower now. "However... she was lax. An angel, birdie is dead now, didn't agree to just let them be. He killed the human and somehow...destroyed that soul. That's what we assume. We couldn't find him... Amy was furious and basically decapitated the angel, slowly, before damning him...She did so much damage in the mortal world it nearly caused a war between us and the winged nuisances." Darius shrugged as they approached the counter. "Since then we don't allow the human-demon relationships because demons emotions are volatile...destructive and we don't need some random demon causing another war because of broken heart."

Approaching the counter he let his gaze slip to the Imp, curiosity lacing his gaze before he smirked. "An Imp..huh~" He chuckled, shark like teeth bared for a second at the creature before he snapped out of it, looking to its human partner. Even the human was bowing...Seems humans were taught to fear them and the demon recognised him easily. "Settle little one..." He murmured to the imp, expression settling as his language had switched to a demonic one as he spoke to the demon creature. He flickered his gaze to Emmaline before nodding, easily trusting her suggestion as he turned back to the cashier. "I want some of these 'burgers'..." Unknowing what to do next he stepped back to let Emmaline order, head tilted. "Anything else you wish to know?"​

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmaline listened intently to the story, still quite intrigued. She was still amazed that such a powerful demon would have feelings for the human who summoned her, as it was commonplace for more powerful demons to loathe the contract. She was about to ask what the issue was if the two were happy together, before he explained how the angel destroyed the soul of the human. A shocked gasp escaped, her eyes widening in horror. "He... How could an angel destroy a soul?" She whispered, voice soft. In her nightly religious family she had been taught that Angels were saints, that they forgave, that they were merciful beings of pure love. How could something so seemingly wonderful do something so horrific?! "I guess I can see how that would almost start a war, it must've been a very powerful angel to get past a king of hell and destroy a human's soul whom they were contracted with..." Emma said thoughtfully, frowning. "Is that one of the reasons that relations between angels and demons are so sour?" She inquired before gazing back at the counter.

The small minor demon raised his gaze at the king before him, adoration in his beady black eyes. His human's gaze darted between the two, and Emmaline also looked at her demon. She wasn't sure what that exchange had been, but clearly it had been nothing bad due to the fact that the imp had lifted its head, and she gave the worker a reassuring smile. "I'd like two whopper burgers please," she asked him. The girl wasn't quite sure how much Darius needed to eat, but she figured that if he liked them he could get more. The boy, whose name tag read 'Tanner,' nodded quickly. "That'll be 7.54." He told her. Emma reached into her pocket for her wallet before the imp nudged him and uttered something in the demonic language, before clearing his throat awkwardly and switching to broken English. "Ft-free." He insisted. 'Tanner' looked at the small demon and shrugged. "Or, never mind. It's free I guess. It'll be up in a minute." Emma glanced at Darius in amusement. "I guess being a king of hell has its perks, huh?" She said as she led him over to a booth to wait for the food.​

Darius had stared at the Imp curiously, noting how it seemed content here in the human realm, as he cocked his head. Despite his sadistic nature he had a innate adoration for his 'subjects'. Feelings he would continue to assume was a effect of the angelic nature locked within his core. A faint smile traced his lips though it was far from dangerous, it was a smile in some demon way. "Thank you, little one." He responded, demonic language dripping from his tongue as he reached over to gently pat the creatures head. "If you ever need something, please ask." He continued before grinning further when the creature even strained to use mortal tongue.

The demon king thanked the human before following after Emmaline, taking a seat opposite her as he propped his elbow up on the table and held up his head. "Angels are forgiving and full of mercy, I will give them that." It was probably the nicest thing he would ever say about them. "However, it is their job to monitor and protect mortals, to guard you. This one was the mans guardian and he had even appeared to warn him...the mortal didn't listen, blinded by love." Darius explained quietly. Lower demons did not know of this and he would keep it that way. "None of us knew, us or them, what would happen as a result of their relationship...what if they eventually reproduced?...we ourselves were concerned but we brushed our worries off because Amy is a king, strong and equal to us three. The angel however, did not share our lack of concerns. So...he crushed it. Amy couldn't make his charge a demon or produce a halfling, if it is possible. No more threats."​

Last edited by a moderator:

The small imp initially flinched at the touch, but crooned softly in happiness when he realized that it was a gently touch, not one meant to wound. "T-thank you my lord." He spoke, reverence clear in his high-pitched voice. Emmaline watched in interest, smiling. Clearly Darius wasn't as bad as he had earlier implied. She didn't expect him to be so kind to his subjects, but it made her happy that he was. After they left the lesser demon clung to his human's neck and chattered excitedly in his ear. Tanner laughed, nodding his head. They clearly had a good demon-human relationship, and it strengthened Emma's confidence in her decision to summon Darius. She would be able to havens friend in him, even though he wasn't an angel. She would prove her family wrong.

As she watched the demon king from across the table, the human girl listened intently to his words. "He had a guardian angel? Even though he summoned a demon? Do all humans have guardian angels?" Emma questioned, frowning. What a strange thought, for a guardian angel to see a human summon a king of hell and not do anything about it until it had escalated. "I mean I guess I can see how it would be an issue if there was a child between a human and such a powerful demon, I've never heard of anything before... But surely there have been other occasions with humans and demons falling in love with each other?" She asked. She had heard of several cases of humans falling in love with their demon familiars, but had none returned the feelings? Soon enough, a tray with the burgers arrived. The server left as Emma thanked him. She looked at Darius. "Alright, you get to try a burger now. Dig in."​

Darius' mood was considerably better at meeting a fellow demon. The imp, he could tell, was quite young in its life span and practically a child! An angel would take no time to kill the creature if their alliance type relationship wasn't in place, unknowing to the fact they were practically innocent until adulthood. It was why he hated them. His food arrived and he eagerly unwrapped the food item, wasting no time in bringing it to his lips and ripping a portion from its size, chewing and then swallowing. Darius' face shifted slightly, positively, as he found himself eagerly devouring the rest of the fast food burger, finishing only moments later.

He turned over to Emmaline once his attention was free. "He did...I still have no idea why. Normally they move one if the person summons a demon. Partly because of their future being determined but also because the demon will protect them regardless." Darius muttered, looking over at the counter, wanting more of the food from this establishment. "On the note of halflings...There has been a few but they often die very quickly or are killed... Fear of the unknown I guess." He added quietly. "Our relationship with the angels is a strange one. I honestly doubted it would, the agreement we have, ever happen. We are to different and hate one another without reason..."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back