• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Contact Details ~ Steam

AlexNos

Resident Asshole and Sorcerer
So I was adding some details to my profile the other day (mainly: Contact Details) and as I was selectively filling out these boxes, my friend (let's call him Papaya) sent me a message on Steam, asking me (among other things) when I wanted to play Prop Hunt and who I wanted to play it with. (Papaya knows I'm very selective about whom I play my MMOs with.)

As Papaya and I were chatting (I have my Steam chatbox anchored in the bottom right corner of my third left-most screen,) I had an epiphany: Why not add our Steam (Account) Names to our profiles, specifically, the Contact Details section?

Due to the fact that it's completely optional to fill out our Contact Details (beside the email we need for the site itself,) and we wouldn't have to give it out if we don't want to, I think we should at least have the option to add our Steam Names to our account Info.

I figured it was a good idea, so why not give it a shot in the Suggestions? (Papaya thought it was a good idea too and he would like more people to play with as well due to the fact that he keeps strange work hours and can't normally play when his other friends are playing.)

So, yeah, that's my suggestion.

@AlexNos,

I saw your suggestion, and I'll see what can be done about adding an official field in profiles for steam names :) . I think its just as valid as having something for skype or other forms of communication in a user's profile.

+1 !!

I'd love to have a spot for Steam name, I'll poke around and see if it's possible. HTML-wise, it's a matter of finding the form code and altering the label text. However, Xenforo might not allow that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back