• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Contact Dark (Eldritch/Lovecraftian Dungeon Crawling)

NethanielShade

Experienced Roleplayer
Roleplay Type(s)

My dearest cousin,

I fear ruin has come upon us all. We have both spent our lives in pursuit of madness, you and I. Now I have found the thing we have ever longingly searched for.

It all started with a simple book I bought from an Arabian merchant in the Middle East. The tome is a small leather bound novel written in Arabic, but I noticed something odd about the book. Singular unsettling tales suggested a dungeon of sorts was a gateway to some fabulous and unnameable power. I'll tell you more when you get here, really you'll be very interested in such an artifact. Anyways, the tome has inevitably led me to what we have been searching for our entire lives. A labyrinth older than history itself. Please, cousin, join me as soon as you can.

With love,

Cate.

My dearest cousin,

It has been six months of waiting and I have not received a letter back. In my decadent impatience I have dared to delve into these deep dungeons in search for anything of interest. Before doing so, I had wished you had been here to join me in being the first human to set foot in these catacombs of Old since time immemorial.

Now I wish that I had never discovered this place. We made it through three floors, each with less than twenty rooms. All were empty save for bones, cobwebs and dust. When we reached the bottom, rubble blocked our path. This was no problem, see, I have a small team of fighters, historians and archaeologists all loyal to me. We soon found out that the first three floors were for show. To make it seem as if that was all that was there. With relic and ritual, I have bent every effort towards the excavation and recovery of those long buried secrets, exhausting what remained of my fortune on swarthy workmen and sturdy shovels.

At last, in the salt soaked crags beneath the lowest foundations, we unearthed that damnable portal of antediluvian evil. Our every step unsettled the ancient earth, but we were in a realm of death and madness. In the end, I alone fled, laughing and wailing through those blackened arcades of antiquity. Until consciousness failed me.

Our family name is a festering abomination, as every member of our family has spent their lifetime treasure hunting. I myself have doomed our name to stressful oblivion. I beg you, round up a team, return to me, and help me delve deep into these dark dungeons, and defeat these deathly, ravenous, clutching shadows of evil, for our family name will one day hold great glory!

With the horror of a thousand lifetimes,

Cate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back