• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Constructive criticism, please?

lackingsleeq

Tavern brawl!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I’ve only been drawing advidly for the past year and a half or so, and this is my first time really posting my art on RPN! Even though I’m a hobbyist artist, I’d really like some feedback from many different people. It’s always great when people tell me what I can improve in the future :) that, and I’m not easily offended.

So, here’s a drawing of one of my dogs as a human, I have mixed feeling about it :’D maybe I’ll draw my other dog as a human. Hmm. Or maybe I could draw my fish- ok, ok, I’m getter carried away XD I’ll just post this before I start rambling. Maybe try to sleep for once. Eh- never mind, that’s not going to happen.

F7785722-54B9-4114-BE6E-1C0F17E96D74.png

This looks fab! I can definitely feel the happy dog energy lol, very cute
Hair can be pretty fluffy, so unless it's wet I might draw it further away from the scalp. Great job nevertheless!

Looks cute and cheerful. Things to improve on would be proportions, anatomy and line weight. All of which just takes more practice and studying. ^^ Good job.

Looks cute and cheerful. Things to improve on would be proportions, anatomy and line weight. All of which just takes more practice and studying. ^^ Good job.
Thanks! I know the proportions are slightly off, but I still have a lot to learn ^^”

You mostly need to flesh out your proportion skills. Some good tips to keep in mind with facial proportions are that the very top of the ear will usually be aligned just a little bit above the top of the eyes! The eye that's closest to the viewer could probably also move in a bit closer to the nose. You definitely have that happy dog energy with this though, so good job!

Hoyo!

deumDeitas deumDeitas said it best, but proportions are the key that will help take your art to the next level. And thankfully it's a pretty easy process.

Depending on whether or not you want to draw "realistic" proportions or "exaggerated" proportions (like chibi, to name a more extreme example), it's all centered in basic shapes.

This is a good way to start learning body proportions:

Ihor-Reshetnikov-Anatomy-Basic-Shapes-1.jpg

The example here is 8 heads tall. But this height and proportion mapping is for "ideal realistic" proportions. Again, if you want to do more anime style you can do 7 heads and alter the ratios so that the bottom of the crotch is exactly at the halfway point of the figure (for "ideal" proportions).

Focus primarily on these basic shapes first. Don't worry about adding detail like the eyes, nose, hands, toes, or anything complicated like clothing. Master the basic shapes first, or at least gain what you deem to be an acceptable level of proficiency with them, and then pick what parts are hardest for you to draw (in my case it's hands and feet) and focus on practicing them first with basic shapes as well, and then go on to more detailed sketches until you feel you've got them down.

0046_001_en-us.jpg

But yeah. Basic shapes. Basic shapes. Basic shapes.

Never underestimate the power of basic shapes and how they can help you grasp both complex and fundamental concepts in art.

Cheers!

You mostly need to flesh out your proportion skills. Some good tips to keep in mind with facial proportions are that the very top of the ear will usually be aligned just a little bit above the top of the eyes! The eye that's closest to the viewer could probably also move in a bit closer to the nose. You definitely have that happy dog energy with this though, so good job!
Thanks a lot :D

Hoyo!

deumDeitas deumDeitas said it best, but proportions are the key that will help take your art to the next level. And thankfully it's a pretty easy process.

Depending on whether or not you want to draw "realistic" proportions or "exaggerated" proportions (like chibi, to name a more extreme example), it's all centered in basic shapes.

This is a good way to start learning body proportions:

Ihor-Reshetnikov-Anatomy-Basic-Shapes-1.jpg

The example here is 8 heads tall. But this height and proportion mapping is for "ideal realistic" proportions. Again, if you want to do more anime style you can do 7 heads and alter the ratios so that the bottom of the crotch is exactly at the halfway point of the figure (for "ideal" proportions).

Focus primarily on these basic shapes first. Don't worry about adding detail like the eyes, nose, hands, toes, or anything complicated like clothing. Master the basic shapes first, or at least gain what you deem to be an acceptable level of proficiency with them, and then pick what parts are hardest for you to draw (in my case it's hands and feet) and focus on practicing them first with basic shapes as well, and then go on to more detailed sketches until you feel you've got them down.

0046_001_en-us.jpg

But yeah. Basic shapes. Basic shapes. Basic shapes.

Never underestimate the power of basic shapes and how they can help you grasp both complex and fundamental concepts in art.

Cheers!
yep! Thanks a lot :D I’ll keep it in mind!

*averts eyes from previous disaster* uhh… here’s a much better quality art from me! Thank you for all those who provided me with criticism on my last piece. I took that into account while making this one! Or maybe you think I face no improvement and followed no advice. That’s fine too.

This is a profile picture I’m using for a separate site. I’m not going to use it here because my current lovely profile picture was made for me by one of my friends on this site. If she sees this, thanks so much again, Cosmic! C looks so awesome in it ^^

You all can see how much time I spent on the background lol
C8DA42A8-FD6C-468A-A3B8-3DE2447C6819.png

I used Procreate for this, it took an hour and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back