Connor's member form (still working on the characters, sorry)

infinitetech

Mad Scientist,or Loose Cannon Inventor,you decide!
Member Form

What do you expect from RP's?: A fun time exploring a realm hidden inside the mind of another, developing and progressing a character in a new life.

What do you expect from THIS RP?: To help people around me have fun while exploring new ideas and adventures, hopefully helping the DM when i can. also i hope to RP with my good friend Ms.Polite when i can logically in story haha

What kind of Experience do you have in RPing? : I have RP'd, P&PRPG'd, DM'd, played many RPGs, World Built, and Taught others in countless systems for most of my life both in person and over a distance. So almost 20 years of playing, along with reading books, manuals, and articles about both games and real life info.

What genres of RP do you like?: I am more into story based RPs which have some stats to work with for interactions, however any style is fine, i will play any level of seriousness, i prefer RPs with magic/fantasy, i like RPs with cool technology that's well thought out, i usually avoid strong religious feeling games though i will still play, i like RPs which will allow a player to be creative in what they do, i am more about story and downtime or life and such than pure combat, however i will happily partake in battle when it seems right

What times are you available?: not 100% sure, but i will *Try to check at least once a day and will often be on several times a day (however i may miss a day or something, but i will give warning ahead of time if i can) i am currently between jobs so i have more free time than usual. wednesday afternoon/evenings i will be busy due to an IRL D&D group i am currently part of

How long on average are you on?: depends entirely on the day and what is going on in what i am part of, however usually a few hours, sometimes with a break in the middle

How many posts a week do you think you can make?: depends on how complex the situation is in the RP, but probably 1 a day on average, maybe more or less depending on a lot of variables including other people's replies (my responses tend to be... hefty)

Are you willing to contribute in World building? If so, in what way? : certainly, i would love to help build anything you want, i can make any kind of art that does not include a face (faces are the bane of my existence, but ill try if you want me to), i can make neat and tidy forms and lists and templates, i can make loot tables or just the loot in general, i can create mapped out regions with materials, npcs, hazards, events, and so forth, i can create a biome map and figure out migration routes and crop maps, i can write stories for things or places or people, though i am not a quick writer so some time in advance would be nice, ... im not quick in general because im a bit of a perfectionist... so time is usually advised for most things, i can create working living economic systems, i can create entire entomological detailings of creatures or working blueprints for machines, i can create real world versions of most things so long as someone is willing to help with materials, just ask and ill help basically, im a good sounding board. i can also do voices if you can find a way to post sound files.

Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : if you need someone to fill in for an NPC slot ill do my best, however i will want to talk with you about the character so i can get a feel for who they are and how they are so i can do the part justice

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : certainly, i often need to fill these roles when i DM, it can be fun, though if i do i will likely want to actually be able to see their resources and life story and such so i can not only interact as them but figure out how they would run things/cause strife/achieve their goals, or i could make one like that if you don't have one. if they are a more 2D type or even 1D type (cartoon villain types) just tell me, because then i will play in a fully different way.

Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Sure, i know it can be hard to run everything yourself, i am quite used to playing both sides of the table and am good at Never using OOC knowledge, i kinda hate meta gaming X-P

Sorry for poor formatting and such, i just started typing... and there is no help on this program unlike word.

Oops, sorry, this should have been is submissions shouldn't it have?
New characters are posted here for approval.

The submissions thread is purely for creation of animal species and plantlife.

I will be trying to get things in order as the Site admins are asking about HP's and stuff as well as having to move around the people who want to RP now, I will try and help with the creation and approval of you character when I can.

New characters are posted here for approval.

The submissions thread is purely for creation of animal species and plantlife.

I will be trying to get things in order as the Site admins are asking about HP's and stuff as well as having to move around the people who want to RP now, I will try and help with the creation and approval of you character when I can.
ah, okay, very cool, im working on the twins now, tis just a slow process to make a character hahaha, ill update the title of this once i finish the 2 characters, i only posted this here since it seemed it was kind of tied to the same thing

infinitetech infinitetech
Evaluation of characters is normally done in the CS thread so as not to clog up the OoC unnecessarily.

I have quoted your CS draft and will insert my Comments, questions and recommendations inside of it in RED and BOLD print.

General Traits
Character Picture: sorry, I could not find a photo that was in any way accurate, he is the build of a true stone mason mixed with a martial arts monk (aka muscle T shape with good balanced muscles aside from the insane arms/pects), otherwise see the other sections below, very dexterous hands which are kept immaculate.
Character Role: Main
Character Name: Normand Cordoline McHeial (he does not remember this clearly however)
Meaning of Name: N/A
Alias: Woven
Race: Human

Appearance
Height: 6’10”
Weight: 390
Hair: Deep, Dark, Blood Copper Red, like Heart Blood run out on stone, various curls interweave the long mass which he keeps woven intricately like a family tabard down his back, similarly his braided full beard flows down from his chin and onto his chest, however it is as black as the hardest coal and as smooth and shiny as polished obsidian.
Eyes: His eyes are almost mirror-like, a crystalline lattice overlapping in intricate patterns, he was born blind, his eyes looking like lumps of dark stone shards, by learning the ways of the runes he etched in mark after mark in his eyes until they began to shine silver light and finally he could see for the first time.
Body Marks: his entire body is covered in multiple layers of runic script, scars glimmer as large base runes, inked lines then write within, metal filigree runes connect major runes to each other, all in all his skin looks like a moving tapestry of living symbols, and from the corner of your eyes some of them even seem to move.

Biography
Birth Place: Unknown
Date of Birth: Unknown
Even if as a character Birth Place and Date of Birth are unknown for whatever reason they should still be marked here for approval.
BIRTH PLACE: Something I neglected to mention is that the RP takes place in the Domain known as the Northern Kingdoms, even without working maps the Main locations are outlined. I have limited characters to originate from either the Kingdom of Welwyn or Maxwell. There have been some exceptions, however that was due to my Veterans returning to RP with me, I know what kind of players they are, and what they expect of me and vice versa, so I give them a little more slack.

DATE OF BIRTH: The older one is, generally the more knowledge, wisdom and experience one has. In an RP where the GM micro-manages the main storyline, the Lore and general knowledge that characters have access to, it is difficult to have older characters given consideration about what they should know compared with younger ones. The world is not an open place where people can freely travel, it is one of 'getting by in life' through the continual grinding away, so experience outside ones circle of life is limited greatly.

Nationality: Nomad
Once you have a Birthplace this will be filled.

Personality: Survivor, curious, caring, cautious, calculating, perfectionist, very bright but socially repressed/unstable due to the many trials he faced and the lack of social interaction with only the masters around after being lost.
"Social problems" are a trait I have a problem with because it hinders interaction right from the start.

2 Positive Traits: Runic Protégé, Wild Intuition
2 Negative Traits: Unused to society, Animalistic tendencies
Please elaborate on each trait with 1 or 2 sentences. I ask only to get a sense of character this will become.

Weaknesses: Hydrophobia, OCD (in particular incorrect art, bad design, useless pieces or parts, or things he could fix), Perfectionist, children (will ALWAYS protect them, especially if they are crippled, or if they remind him of his sisters), women (has NO idea how to behave around them (he has only known his mother and sisters [while blind and little] or a few of the masters who were basically grandparents to him), stands out in a crowd, hates seeing others in pain or struggle (aka pure hearted)
Aside from Hydrophobia, everything else is not a weakness in my opinion, they just add to how he would act in certain situations.

History: He lost his way as a young child while he was still blind, he wandered and fell into water, all he knows is that after he found land beneath him (after what seemed like an eternity alone in the water) he had to crawl along the beach. He found a bush that smelled familiar (it was an herb his mother cooked with) and ate the leaves, after a few days of this and slowly moving, careful of his path he ran into a woods, he carefully followed the safe trails animals traversed and found their water and food. For a very long time he followed these natural roads, living as the animals and doing whatever he had to to keep moving until one day he found a road made by man, he could not remember what this was but it reminded him of his family so he took this path despite the lack of natural food he had grown accustom to, after several days he came upon an open area, this area high up the path he followed was in fact an abbey, seeing this young boy stumbling afraid into the yard, clothes all in tatters what little was left, they took him inside, the boy could hardly speak, so they taught him the tongues which each of the masters knew, they tried to heal his eyes before knowing that that was how he was born, then as they were trying to use the runic craft they noticed that the boy could empower the etchings just by feeling them, he somehow knew the meaning behind the runes which usually burn a person’s mind if they are not trained. To aid the boy in finding a way to live without help the masters taught him the runic arts, in his own studies he began to carve the runes into himself, not fixing his eyes, but rather writing them anew, mending his frail body, and learning how to etch the marks within the materials of the masters culture. However he does remember his parents and his sisters, and one day he hopes to see them for the first time.

The mentioning of an Abbey means it was a religious or spiritual edifice of some sort. This inevitably means the teachings and whatnot came from this particular spiritual belief, of which there are a few that are lightly elaborated on. Players who do wish to have a specific spiritual belief must work within the confines of what is already written.

Occupation: just trying to get back to those he loves and help whom he can on the way, uses his runic artes and physical abilities to do what he can along the way.

So this person has been a life long vagrant, yes?

Life Skills: survival, animal interaction, tracking, craftsmanship in almost every material, arcane theoretics, material grade judgment, human translation machine (many languages written and spoken, and animalistic body language speech), cooking (always tried to learn from his mother, then was the only willing cook’s aide in the abbey), weaving/braiding/knots from his sisters and the related crafts and languages of the masters, hunting (though not wanting to hunt and kill himself unless there was no other choice, he learned how to do it in order to avoid being hunted while in the woods)

First off, to make things easier on everyone, the RP has no language barrier within its story. There is the Language of the Ancients, of Angels and Demons, but that's it, and it is not a knowledge form open to characters. Secondly, everything highlighted in red is to be removed, a few reasons are his young age, therefore, the amount of training he has done, some of those things just do not exist in my RP, and some are just too OP for my liking.

Material Possessions
Clothing and Attire: Robes and slippers which he crafted at the abbey, they are woven from natural crystal fiber which he coated in metal, the shifting mirror-like surface lets him blend into the wilds better while he is traveling and also give him some protection, however in a normal city it tends to look shabby and gray due to what the building around him look like, he sometimes forgets to put these on, never really recovered from the time in the wild. Aside from that he has numerous bags and a few sealed pouches for drink, food, and supplies, a warm hat made by one of the masters, gloves which are made to protect the hand without hurting dexterity (no cuts from working and nice and room temp despite heat or cold).

Personal Items: Runic Steele, a tool made for etching runes easier, it is enchanted to allow clean marking in any object without breaking the object, if he does not channel his SE through it the tool works as a normal chisel albeit unbreakable and insanely sharp. A set of carved lodestone masks, each portraying the face of a family member so he can show them to someone and find his family again. A set of knives for crafting, cooking, and other such uses. Several pigments, inks, oils, waxes, and other materials for rune crafting. A spool of crystal wire to fix anything that breaks and/or to repair his filigreed runes if they are damaged. Some clay and other materials. A small saw. A craftsman’s hammer. A pocket anvil. A set of lodestone mirrors. (all items are things he made or collected) A small cooking pan set. A walking staff which he uses like a cane if he is trying to see how people are (fakes still being blind). A rough map of the world with main towns and some small towns/routes labeled thanks to the masters, it also has a list of advised dos and don’ts on the back and some other notes. A book of notes where Weave keeps a log of what he knows. A bracelet with each of the master’s insignias on it in case Weave gets lost or in trouble or something, each insignia is a speech gem (can’t remember actual name you used) with a master, but they are rarely awake or free from their studies. A small lyftstone in a balloon made of the shiny material like his clothes but lacquered smooth to use either as a signal or to scout ahead (one side reflects like a mirror, the other sparkles like crazy, turn inside out to switch). (not sure if this goes here) Pet (need to talk with the DM about the animal concept and if it would fit in the bestiary)

No World Maps. A map of a particular area or kingdoms sure.
No Waystones, it is a secret technology.

Runic Steele, Lodestone masks, crystal wire, lyftstones are all objects that currently I would need full explanations in order to approve them and actually incorporate into the RP's list of technologies. Right now, the characters approval should not be hindered by such items.

Combat Section
Custom Class: Runeomancer
Just so you know, the Class name has no bearing on IC-wise, people just tack on a name for the fun.

Description: (need masive help on how to do most of this) By etching arcan sigils into a material and infusing their SE a Runeomancer can infuse a spell into the target, these runes can be used in a few ways, they may be stabilized into a mobile “runic base”, a precisely made item (exact nature depends on the material), then will trigger when a specific interaction happens to the base (it is touched, it breaks, a spell is cast upon it…), these lose the charge when activated but can be recharged quickly. It can be etched into a location, creating an effect which, though weaker in general, lasts for a while. It can be etched in a target directly, these have the strongest effect and can be made to last if there is enough time to do so, however most of the time this is very dangerous to do since you must be able to mark the target directly. This class is somewhat secretive about their art and is very hard to master, however if they have the time to plan ahead then there is almost no challenge they can’t overcome. Roles: well balanced, weak long range, great traps, strong close range spells decent at combat, slow in prep time usually.

The description should not explain how the artes will be used, just what kind of combat role the Class excels at and is not good at.

Elemental Affinity: Wood, Steel, Earth, Ice

Custom Class' are limited to 3 elementals

Types of Artes: special??? Need to be crafted beforehand or made in a dangerous way, but more options??? Admin or wise old players please chat with me on this as I also don’t exactly get the difference of some of the Artes types X-/

This thread should provide an explanation of Arte types

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/how-to-make-artes-and-how-artes-affect-you.261120/

Base Stats: HP 4 / SE 15 / CCA: 3

Special Ability: True Seer, through a mix of his nature, his time in the wild, his new eyes, his training, and his observant nature Weave fully understands what is happening around him, not the social implications and such, but the very core of the matter, thus he sees through lies(at least knows them as lies or knows when something in front of him proves otherwise), understands what is broken or wrong, and can learn how something works with ease. (The first time he saw a street magician who was scamming the crowd did not end well. X-P )

This just sounds too OP for a character to have. If it was meant for an antagonist, or the GM's character the power can be excused as a means of furthering the plot.

Runes Artes:
Overview:
Type: Choose one of the types that are made available by your Class
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Elemental: Choose from the ten elements
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle

Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

thanks for the feedback

i will just need to swap to another character due to the issue with his origin and a few other things, the arguments you have make sense, it just buries this option

i had planned to run him as kind of the artistic wildman, kinda Tarzan meets Michelangelo meets Death the Kid, however i can see how that may well be issue causing in this story type.

i think ill likely swap to my 3rd tier character concept and see how that turns out, however i do have a question, why does the custom class option become the only class of any kind with so few choices? the others seem to all have 4 or even 5, i'm not complaining, just curious, makes it seem like almost no-one would wish to use the custom option since it is purely weaker in every way, but maybe that's just how i read it.

Also sorry, it sounded like rough drafts were posted here, i had miss-heard

why does the custom class option become the only class of any kind with so few choices? the others seem to all have 4 or even 5, i'm not complaining, just curious, makes it seem like almost no-one would wish to use the custom option since it is purely weaker in every way, but maybe that's just how i read it.

Custom Class gives the players the ability to modify their characters combat form more so, than the per-determined Class' which have no options, you simply take what is shown. In order to balance that out, I limited the amount of certain aspects compared to them. Custom starts out weaker, but that is the trade-off for better choices of Elements and Arte Types.

i will just need to swap to another character due to the issue with his origin and a few other things, the arguments you have make sense, it just buries this option

I understand. I have stressed it a lot before, that in this RP, players start at Zero, the weakest possible state, and work from there. The combat progression is Zero to Hero, only Antagonists and recurring characters can start out strong.

as a fellow DM i fully understand what you mean, i just ate dinner (which stopped my progress,) but ill have the new character ready for review directly. Btw can an artes use more than one element in it? just curious for some ideas for this character

though i will say that as far as class balance *normally (in most RPG systems i have helped test, create, play, and so forth) its often best not to weaken an option by stats, but rather to (if you want "core" classes) to give them more in-lore or in description support, like a fully fledged mages guild or a working mission board that the employer often asks for a specific class's talents from

i just mention this so that if anyone else ever wants to take up the reigns in your world, or if a bunch of new players come in there will be less chance for them to get annoyed due to feeling left out just because their character does not fit the norm.

your system seems pretty solid, after all you could easily just have the classes as examples and say in character generation ;
Step 1. choose 3 elements, add 1 of your choice as a human or one of your element as a non-human from an elemental group.
Step 2. choose 4 Artes types, add one type of your choice as a human or the two tied to your element as a non-human.
Step 3. (i really cant figure out the base stats logic so im at a loss here, not sure what to say/recommend)

But that's just how i would do it, and it is your world, anyway back to making this character :-3

as a fellow DM i fully understand what you mean, i just ate dinner (which stopped my progress,) but ill have the new character ready for review directly. Btw can an artes use more than one element in it? just curious for some ideas for this character

Not at the moment.

though i will say that as far as class balance *normally (in most RPG systems i have helped test, create, play, and so forth) its often best not to weaken an option by stats, but rather to (if you want "core" classes) to give them more in-lore or in description support, like a fully fledged mages guild or a working mission board that the employer often asks for a specific class's talents from

i just mention this so that if anyone else ever wants to take up the reigns in your world, or if a bunch of new players come in there will be less chance for them to get annoyed due to feeling left out just because their character does not fit the norm.

your system seems pretty solid, after all you could easily just have the classes as examples and say in character generation ;
Step 1. choose 3 elements, add 1 of your choice as a human or one of your element as a non-human from an elemental group.
Step 2. choose 4 Artes types, add one type of your choice as a human or the two tied to your element as a non-human.
Step 3. (i really cant figure out the base stats logic so im at a loss here, not sure what to say/recommend)

But that's just how i would do it, and it is your world, anyway back to making this character :-3

I understand what you mean. I built this system as a means of controlled and fair play, but also to serve as a deterrent to players and characters that I feel would not work in my RP. Combat is a fun part of the RP but what I look for more is character interaction, and combat provides a different situation to that interaction.

I would find your example to have too much freedom. Might as well just have a custom class. The reason I give better starting stats and options to pre-determined Class' is to reward a player for choosing that class and working within the parameters I have setup. Having only the custom class would also encourage more ' all rounders' type characters, whereas with the pre-determined class', the role specific character will need other characters to fill in the gaps of combat regarding different situations.

Not at the moment.

I understand what you mean. I built this system as a means of controlled and fair play, but also to serve as a deterrent to players and characters that I feel would not work in my RP. Combat is a fun part of the RP but what I look for more is character interaction, and combat provides a different situation to that interaction.

I would find your example to have too much freedom. Might as well just have a custom class. The reason I give better starting stats and options to pre-determined Class' is to reward a player for choosing that class and working within the parameters I have setup. Having only the custom class would also encourage more ' all rounders' type characters, whereas with the pre-determined class', the role specific character will need other characters to fill in the gaps of combat regarding different situations.
1: okay, well there go a few cool spell ideas, will maybe just need to wait until later to make them work
2: i can see that with the work within X thing, and yeah, i was saying that custom classes seem like they would just be a decent thing to use right from the get go, with only game lore reasons making certain class options more likely to be picked (again, established guilds/schools/job offers/starting gear from town?? and such)
3: however i have found that people like me (who default to all-rounders) are very very few and far between,
4: though if you want to have people specialize more instead of giving them more options what i would say is to let them choose the same skill more times, so like for a damage focusing mage they could take ATK 3 times and FLD or SEAL 2 times just for a little bit of option, each extra time would give them a bonus to those kind of spells, heck same could go for an element (say they take all 4 slots of fire) to get more potential power, but if the enemy has something that guards against that element or spell type specifically each level counts negatively, that way there is a bit of risk/reward to it and all, the stronger you are, the fewer options you have, and the easier you are to counter (so at max specialization [lets say a healer] they could take 5 HEAL and 4 wood, their lvl 5 spell [most powerful] would be able to heal 4+5+base*5 [im guessing HEAL works like ATK in reverse anyway], however it could be countered by a lvl 1 spell that targets either healing Or wood, let alone both)

should i show you what i have so far then work on the missing pieces/any fixes tomorrow?

General Traits
Character Picture:
Character Name: Tesla Lodestar
Alias: Sparky, Storm Dreamer, Thunder Child, Jolt

Appearance
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 270 lbs
Hair: White as fresh platinum, it even shines just a little in some lights, it Always on end, often has small fried tips or tiny static waves going from the base outward, it would be about past his shoulder blades if it ever laid down, however even in water it refuses to obey.
Eyes: A piercing Lightning blue with crackles and sparks of purples and yellow shot through them. He always seems to have a half bemused, half curious look on his face, sort of pictish.
Body Marks: Highly pale skin, his veins can be seen slightly through it and are jagged like lightning bolts, however you never see them as red, only a nearly glowing blue. Aside from this he has a decently muscled body, but not like a warrior, more like a swimmer, he is long and lanky.

Biography
Birth Place: Maxwell, the northern zone, up in the mountains in the border zone with Adanaque, well into the war zone.
Date of Birth: He was born at midnight during a storm, right as a lightning bolt struck his home opening the roof to the ice and wind at the peak of the winter solstice, the full moon glowing through the gaping hole to shine the first light on the world for him.
Nationality: Northerner
Personality: Very hyper and energetic, somewhat flighty or forgetful, he is friendly but can lash out when bad emotions hit him, he wears his heart on his sleeve, when he is happy he will get up and dance… even in combat…, when he is sad he curls small and pushes others away despite wanting them there. Though he is rather bright he is naive and scatter brained so most people incorrectly assume him to be a town fool. Once he is someone’s friend he will stick by their side forever, however it is rare for someone to weather that storm to get to the eye of his soul.
2 Positive Traits: Hyper Observant, He runs at a faster pace than most, he takes in in moments what most never stay long enough to see, if something is going on he will be the first to notice it… even if he forgets that he noticed it a second later. Living Energizer, no one who is around the guy can truly lose hope so long as he does not, he keeps the spirits up and cheers everyone giving them second wind, and he himself never really runs out of energy until he falls over out cold.
2 Negative Traits: Attention Of A Gnat, one moment he is talking about… what was it again? Oh hey a squirell, I wonder how it’s fluffy tail would hold static… hmm, wonder if there was ever a lightning channeling salamander… hmm wonder if there are specie we have forgotten from each of the different elements… oh hey, look how cute the squirrel’s ears are! Temperment Of The Storm, though often happy and cheery like a sunny day, merely a bit blistering to stand near, when the tides change for him he quickly flows into a blustering gall, then into a raging storm which strikes all which stand out near him.
Weaknesses: Staying still will drive him crazy, he much keep moving or talking, or messing with something not to snap. Can’t keep his mouth shut or his thoughts to himself, if he thinks it or it in any way crosses his mind he will likely say it. Impulsive as a bolt, jumping right into something without always thinking it through. Scars of the mind, parts of his past are locked away from his mind because he can’t handle what happened, however if they were to be brought back who knows what hell would be set loose.
History: writing in separate file so i can do it well, will paste in when done
Occupation: Arcane Electrician, and Toy Maker by day and War Zone Vigilante by night
Life Skills: Mountaineering, Survival, Hunting, Tracking, Guerilla Warfare, Electrical Engineering (not that he ever follows those “pesky safety limits”), toy, puzzle, joke/prank, and riddle making, metal craft (from ores to his creations), pottery, glass blowing, map making, weather prediction, singing and improvised instrument music, though he tends to go rather a bit faster than the song normally does, camp making, cooking (‘tastes… lightningy”), bush medicine, great with kids, great with animals, chemistry.

Material Possessions
Clothing and Attire: Dark mottled camo-ish leather with many straps and pockets and pouches, lodestone items, bits of wire, tools, and all sorts of random “pretty things” or “cool things” are always around him, otherwise the outfit looks like a dark leather doctor’s trench coat crossed with a mechanist’s overalls, inside the layered leather are ceramic and metal plates, rings, shards, and other junk armor padding, inside is a nice warm jumper of longhaired rabbit fur
Personal Items: extensive self made tool set, constant assortment of materials to try out his newest electrical doodad, a bunch of lode stone throwing weights with wire tails, a collapsing 20 ft pole (minimum 1 ft, locks at each ft past that), 3 collapsing shields (one tower type for his back if he is running from archers, one buckler for his main arm, one kite shield for his off arm), rope, string, wire, and chain, a backpack made to hold “Lots o Cool Stuffs”, a collapsing sled to hold stuff or travel on slopes (or if he gets a deer to help him again), a collection of electric and arcane lanterns and flashlights in varying degrees of being “improved” or “studied” so most don’t work or don’t work well however his best ones (1 headlamp, 1 glove mounted, 1 glowing orb lantern)are super bright and kept charged (hand crank on each along with wires), some mirrors, some bulbs that glow in different colors, a compass, magnets lots of them, a decent collection of crystals, mainly quartz, mainly because they were sparkly, faethers and flowers and bugs in jars, and other magpie-esk stuff, several bags of marbles, ball bearings, caltrops, and various powders (metal, medicine, sand, fine ground salt…), 5 metal spears, 2 chakram, 2 glaive.
Pets: Lode Wurm named Jangles (ill write up the fauna entry directly, basically a very minor elemental snake made of lodestones), Zap Bat named Batty Cola (will write up directly, basically a metallic bat that tends to shock their prey), Albino Hopper Hund named Snugglez (will write up, basically imagine a long haired bunny crossed with a direbadger?? kinda)

Combat Section
Character Class: Electromancer
Description: Either born with a knack for the art or finding the beauty of it calling to their soul, and electromancer calls back. They wield lightning, its love metal, and it’s counterpoint ice, some rumors even state that users learn other elements to further refine their studies. The electromancer tends to be energetic and explosive, they specialize in wiping an enemy or obstacle out in one hit, striking multiple enemies at once, stunning their foes, or launching projectiles along the path of the bolt, if need be they even channel the power of the storm straight into their body to become more powerful.
Elemental Affinity: Lightning / Metal / Ice
Types of Artes: ATK / SEAL / FLD / EHM

Special Ability:

Runes Artes:
Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

All right then, same drill as before.

General Traits
Character Picture:
Character Name: Tesla Lodestar
Alias: Sparky, Storm Dreamer, Thunder Child, Jolt

Appearance
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 270 lbs
Hair: White as fresh platinum, it even shines just a little in some lights, it Always on end, often has small fried tips or tiny static waves going from the base outward, it would be about past his shoulder blades if it ever laid down, however even in water it refuses to obey.
Eyes: A piercing Lightning blue with crackles and sparks of purples and yellow shot through them. He always seems to have a half bemused, half curious look on his face, sort of pictish.
Body Marks: Highly pale skin, his veins can be seen slightly through it and are jagged like lightning bolts, however you never see them as red, only a nearly glowing blue. Aside from this he has a decently muscled body, but not like a warrior, more like a swimmer, he is long and lanky.

Biography
Birth Place: Maxwell, the northern zone, up in the mountains in the border zone with Adanaque, well into the war zone
Date of Birth: He was born at midnight during a storm, right as a lightning bolt struck his home opening the roof to the ice and wind at the peak of the winter solstice, the full moon glowing through the gaping hole to shine the first light on the world for him.
Nationality: Northerner
Personality: Very hyper and energetic, somewhat flighty or forgetful, he is friendly but can lash out when bad emotions hit him, he wears his heart on his sleeve, when he is happy he will get up and dance… even in combat…, when he is sad he curls small and pushes others away despite wanting them there. Though he is rather bright he is naive and scatter brained so most people incorrectly assume him to be a town fool. Once he is someone’s friend he will stick by their side forever, however it is rare for someone to weather that storm to get to the eye of his soul.
2 Positive Traits: Hyper Observant, He runs at a faster pace than most, he takes in in moments what most never stay long enough to see, if something is going on he will be the first to notice it… even if he forgets that he noticed it a second later. Living Energizer, no one who is around the guy can truly lose hope so long as he does not, he keeps the spirits up and cheers everyone giving them second wind, and he himself never really runs out of energy until he falls over out cold.
2 Negative Traits: Attention Of A Gnat, one moment he is talking about… what was it again? Oh hey a squirell, I wonder how it’s fluffy tail would hold static… hmm, wonder if there was ever a lightning channeling salamander… hmm wonder if there are specie we have forgotten from each of the different elements… oh hey, look how cute the squirrel’s ears are! Temperment Of The Storm, though often happy and cheery like a sunny day, merely a bit blistering to stand near, when the tides change for him he quickly flows into a blustering gall, then into a raging storm which strikes all which stand out near him.
Weaknesses: Staying still will drive him crazy, he much keep moving or talking, or messing with something not to snap. Can’t keep his mouth shut or his thoughts to himself, if he thinks it or it in any way crosses his mind he will likely say it. Impulsive as a bolt, jumping right into something without always thinking it through. Scars of the mind, parts of his past are locked away from his mind because he can’t handle what happened, however if they were to be brought back who knows what hell would be set loose.
History: writing in separate file so i can do it well, will paste in when done

Occupation: Arcane Electrician, and Toy Maker by day and War Zone Vigilante by night
An arcane electrician does not exist. There is no electricity as we know it.

Also, I am not sure about this vigilante thing. I have limited characters involvement in the War to a select few whose background permits it, so it depends on the history of his involvement, and from what I gather, he would not last long given his young age and the nature of the Aggressor Kingdom.

Life Skills: Mountaineering, Survival, Hunting, Tracking, Guerilla Warfare, Electrical Engineering (not that he ever follows those “pesky safety limits”), toy, puzzle, joke/prank, and riddle making, metal craft (from ores to his creations), pottery, glass blowing, map making, weather prediction, singing and improvised instrument music, though he tends to go rather a bit faster than the song normally does, camp making, cooking (‘tastes… lightningy”), bush medicine, great with kids, great with animals, chemistry.

Material Possessions
Clothing and Attire: Dark mottled camo-ish leather with many straps and pockets and pouches, lodestone items, bits of wire, tools, and all sorts of random “pretty things” or “cool things” are always around him, otherwise the outfit looks like a dark leather doctor’s trench coat crossed with a mechanist’s overalls, inside the layered leather are ceramic and metal plates, rings, shards, and other junk armor padding, inside is a nice warm jumper of longhaired rabbit fur

Personal Items: extensive self made tool set, constant assortment of materials to try out his newest electrical doodad, a bunch of lode stone throwing weights with wire tails, a collapsing 20 ft pole (minimum 1 ft, locks at each ft past that), 3 collapsing shields (one tower type for his back if he is running from archers, one buckler for his main arm, one kite shield for his off arm), rope, string, wire, and chain, a backpack made to hold “Lots o Cool Stuffs”, a collapsing sled to hold stuff or travel on slopes (or if he gets a deer to help him again), a collection of electric and arcane lanterns and flashlights in varying degrees of being “improved” or “studied” so most don’t work or don’t work well however his best ones (1 headlamp, 1 glove mounted, 1 glowing orb lantern)are super bright and kept charged (hand crank on each along with wires), some mirrors, some bulbs that glow in different colors, a compass, magnets lots of them, a decent collection of crystals, mainly quartz, mainly because they were sparkly, faethers and flowers and bugs in jars, and other magpie-esk stuff, several bags of marbles, ball bearings, caltrops, and various powders (metal, medicine, sand, fine ground salt…), 5 metal spears, 2 chakram, 2 glaive.

Pets: Lode Wurm named Jangles (ill write up the fauna entry directly, basically a very minor elemental snake made of lodestones), Zap Bat named Batty Cola (will write up directly, basically a metallic bat that tends to shock their prey), Albino Hopper Hund named Snugglez (will write up, basically imagine a long haired bunny crossed with a direbadger?? kinda)

Are all these pet necessary? Or will your character be all right without them?

Combat Section
Character Class: Electromancer
Description: Either born with a knack for the art or finding the beauty of it calling to their soul, and electromancer calls back. They wield lightning, its love metal, and it’s counterpoint ice, some rumors even state that users learn other elements to further refine their studies. The electromancer tends to be energetic and explosive, they specialize in wiping an enemy or obstacle out in one hit, striking multiple enemies at once, stunning their foes, or launching projectiles along the path of the bolt, if need be they even channel the power of the storm straight into their body to become more powerful.
Elemental Affinity: Lightning / Metal / Ice
Types of Artes: ATK / SEAL / FLD / EHM

Special Ability:

Runes Artes:
Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

All right then, same drill as before.

1: on the A E that's just what he calls it, he is basically trying to discover How the powers he lives with work (aka trying to figure out electricity, only SE base electricity and stuff), he has been making simple gizmos and selling them like a traveling salesman/tinker/toy smith, its not much but he has few real needs or wants most of the time

2: ill post his history as soon as it was done, i merely did not have the time to finish it today before my D&D campaign, i am finally home and will work on it a fair bit more, but yeah, life has not been... easy, to say the least, but he had few options and good reasons

3: each one has a specific role in his backstory, and a specific role they hold in his life/sanity, they are largely non-combatants, he protects them but also relies on them as they are basically the only family he has left. he is not exactly... the most stable person in the world. but again, the pets are more for RP reasons than combat, and only sometimes are utility (they do often help him keep an eye out for danger)

Users who are viewing this thread