• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Five Steps | Characters (old)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

smolfluffball

Dork #1
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Blank Character Sheet★ Feel free to fill it out as your character if you want! That's what I did for both my characters, and it was a lot more fun, so I recommend it! Try and have fun with it, because I know character sheets can be a pain :’) It’s totally OPTIONAL to fill the sheet in as your OC - you don’t have to if you don’t want to! ★
ALSO: Remember to PM me your sheets!!!

What’s your name?: [first and last]
↳ Nickname/Alias: [if none then delete this]
How old are you?: [between 17-25, because they’re in college]
Gender?:
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?:
Tell me what you look like:
[Please, do not post a picture unless it is your own art or a picrew (with credit/a link). If you have a FC in mind, then describe it for us! A general description or a detailed description is okay, so long as we know what the character looks like. Please note: it’s a regular world, so odd colored eyes and unnatural hair can only be achieved through colored contacts and hair dye!]
Give me those personal deets: [Please describe your characters personality a little! Don’t use JUST character traits - I want to read about your characters persona, so give them details.]
Other/Trivia: [can include vices/virtues, or anything else you might have handy!]
How about that backstory?: [This can be either very detailed or not as detailed, depending on if you want to reveal it in the RP or not. I would prefer if you talked with me about traumatic past events, but if you want to keep them a secret to everyone else, you don’t have to include it in the characters thread! Apart from that, I just need a basic backstory.]

✩ This information will NOT be included in the main character thread, but keep this information included when you PM me your sheets! ✩
♡ These were asked on the sign-up for The Five Steps experiment, so you can answer them as your character if you want to! Or not, if you don’t want to. It’s up to you~
Reason for joining the experiment:
Tell me your secrets:
Tell me your fears:
Tell me your dreams:
Tell me a good memory from your youth:

You need to fill out this questionnaire, too!
You need to fill this out as best you can as your character for me, please. After you have filled it out, send it to me in a PM. This questionnaire is going to guide me toward deciding what character your character would match with the most, and since that is a secret going into the roleplay, it’s important that you only share it with me. Please, DO NOT share the completed questionnaire with anyone else if they’re considering joining the roleplay.
I'll be looking at how your character answers each question and deciding based on that, so please make sure your character answers honestly!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is separate from your character sheet, but both still need to be filled out! I know it seems like a lot, but hopefully this questionnaire is fun to fill out and also lets you get to know your character better.

There will be examples of both character sheets AND questionnaires very soon, so please be patient!

Last edited:
What’s your name?: “It’s Jasper. Reinhardt. Jasper Reinhardt.”
↳ Nickname/Alias: “Trent calls me Jazzy and Jas. He also calls me Rood, with two o’s, he said. I don’t really like having my name shortened into anything else, if I’m being honest. Jasper works just fine, but I can’t stop Tree from calling me Jazzy, so he gets to be called Tree. Together, we are Jazzy Tree. What a fucking pair.”
How old are you?: “Nineteen.”
Gender?: “Male, forever and always.”
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Gay as fuck, but no one would want to date me, so why does it even matter?”
Tell me what you look like: “White boy with medium-ish length blond hair. It’s naturally blond, and kind of wavy. I can pull it back and tie it up if I really want to. Blue eyes, but they’re kind of gray too, so, like, blue-gray eyes. I guess I’d be attractive, if I had a decent personality. Attractive in like, not the super macho way, but more cute. I guess. I’m 5’9 and not a skinny beanpole or chubby, since I actually go for runs pretty frequently. Gotta be fit for when I finally land that hot date, ya know! And… that’s it, right? I just wear dark and dreary clothes, but I know how to style them because I’m not an animal, and, oh, gee! How could I forget my freckles. All over my damn body. But mostly on my cheeks and arms. They’re not charming or endearing or cute; they’re a nuisance.”

Give me those personal deets: “The long and short of it is that I’m an asshole. Like, basically. I mean, God, not really, but Jesus. What should I say? That I’m just prickly because I failed last time, although I actually thought I was doing better? And yet I still bombed the experiment, even though I liked someone and actually made a human friend. I had a bet with Telly that I wouldn’t succeed last time, and I won, so I decided to dig a hole and live in it. That’s what it is. Who cares? God, ya know, I know Telly would absolutely scold me for being so abrasive, so: I’m not really a jerk. It’s truly amazing, wow, extraordinary. I actually get pretty damn attached to people, but I have no friends, so therefore I have no attachments. Except Telly. If anyone hurts that robot, I will cut off their hands and feed them to the sharks. I also have a sense of humor and am not a complete and total jerk, because it goes against my coding. Robot jokes. Great. Fucking nerd. I like animals and robots, obviously, and I don’t want people to get hurt. Like, I’ll get annoyed if people end up hurting themselves over stupid things. Sure, yes, get in a fight, but make sure it’s really worth it. And also, humans, by nature, are not assholes. Just like me. Not an asshole by nature - just hurt. And angry. And trying to be better. It’s a work in progress.”

Other/Trivia: “Do you want a fun fact? Sure ya do. I named the robot when he was first made. His name’s Telltale, but I call him Telly, because I tell him all the things. He sees all the things, too, I swear to God. His name really suits his purpose. Oh, and also? This experiment? It’s ridiculous - I don’t know why people actually believe in it. Prove me wrong, Telly. Find someone who’s my match again, because Trent really worked out, didn’t he?”

How about that backstory?:
"Backstory, huh? I was born to two loving parents in Oregon. I think I’ll refer to them as Mom and Dad, because, ya know, that’s their names. What I called them, all my life. Mom was a stay at home mom during my younger years, until I started kindergarten. Dad was a professor at a popular, fancy university, and he taught robotics. He actually got paid pretty well, because robots are the future, as everyone knows. We weren’t poor growing up, and I got to take piano lessons and dance lessons and martial arts classes all throughout my childhood and high school years. Though I stopped taking dance lessons when I was a freshman, because I was more interested in other things. Dance wasn’t my passion, like, at all. I only did it because my mom did back when she was a kid, and I honestly liked it too, but I wanted to try other things.

Anyway, big events that happened over my lifetime. Nothing that major, honestly. I came out to my parents when I was thirteen and they were cool with it, which I still appreciate, because I’ve heard the stories of how hellish it can be. I was stupidly popular all throughout my life, I was friendly and outgoing and my house was the coolest place to hangout at after school. I got invited to every single party and always had people to sit with at lunch, or to go to dances with, or to just text and hang out with. I also got asked out a lot, because of my freckles, I bet, but nothing really came from any of those past relationships. Like, yeah, I did probably fall in love with someone, but he broke my heart, so it’s whatever. I’m not still bitter about it or anything. We were stupid and young. I’m way better now, obviously. I broke my arm by falling in a sewer, which I went into on a dare with a guy I had a crush on. In hindsight, what a stupid fucking idea. It was so gross.

The sad parts? We had a cat named Chance throughout most of my life, until he passed away when I was twelve. Old age. In his sleep. I was heartbroken. I still miss him. My parents rescued him from a horrible storm before I was born, and they told me he had injuries that were life threatening, but my parents decided he deserved a second chance and they decided to take him to the vet and take care of him. Hence his name. My mom ended up getting a job back when I was like five, and she became a nurse. I remember watching her work late at night, after I was supposed to be in bed. One of my favorite memories is seeing her doze off to sleep at the table, and watching as my dad got her a blanket and sat with her until she woke up. Just watching her sleep, and laughing at the doodles in her notebook. He drank the coffee that she had, because he didn’t want it to go cold, and because they drank the exact same coffee drink. That’s actually how they met, but that’s a story for a different time. My mom loved being a nurse, and she always regaled Dad and I with stories about the kids that she got to work with. I’ll admit it; I was kind of a jealous brat, thinking that those kids got to see my mom more than I did. It really bugged me when I was like six and seven, but I ended up crying about it and my mom comforted me. As moms do, if they’re a good fucking parent. I grew out of it, and we were such a happy family. Mom was there when I woke up every morning (and, sure Dad was too), and she always made me lunch to take to school, so I never had to wait in line. She drew silly things on notes and left them in my lunchbox everyday, even when I was older. I loved them, and I fought with anyone who even dared tease me about them. I miss them.

My mom ended up getting into a car crash on her way home from the grocery store when I was sixteen. It wasn’t her fault: some jackass ran a red light and t-boned her. I remember that same day, we were going to go get a cat at the shelter. My dad had taken a day off work and I got to skip school, because the event was pretty big. A new pet, after four years! Except we never went. Because my mom died. Her injuries were severe and life threatening, and although the doctors thought she might pull through for her family, she didn’t manage to make her way back to us.
I guess she didn’t get a second chance.

Needless to say, that fucking sucked. Hard. To make matters even worse, my dad ended up blaming himself, and I was pissed too, because I could have been the one to go get the stupid fucking cupcakes. I had my license. But no, my mom said, it won’t take very long. I’ll be back in a heartbeat. You won’t even notice I’m gone. She had insisted she go, because she was worried about me driving by myself, since I was still a relatively new driver. It was supposed to be less than fifteen minutes, because she was going to the grocery store that we always went to, which was so close to our house. After that amount of time passed, we were worried. The thing about my mom is that she was always on time, for everything. She always kept her word. But Dad and I heard the sirens. And it was not a good feeling.

After the funeral, my dad told me we were moving to California. After I spent sixteen years in Oregon, with all my friends, and all my plans, and my mom. After I spent sixteen years in the same house, which probably still has that dumb rubber duck in the wall that I left behind after I accidentally poked a hole in it. After everything. I had to say goodbye to my friends, which also sucked, and then we went and moved.

California was nice, but I was not. I was so angry at my dad, because he just left everything that we had behind and acted like it was a new start. I didn’t want a new start. I wanted my old friends and my house. I wanted my mom. I wanted at least one friend that I could talk to, or some pet, or something, because my dad’s new job took him away from me. He was now making robots, instead of teaching about them. He knew that he fucked up by getting the new job, but he was so passionate about it. I didn’t care. We ended up getting into some pretty bad fights in my late teens, and I also got arrested once, because I was an idiot. He actually came home to bail me out, which was great. I didn’t get arrested again, though, because those cuffs aren’t pleasant. Plus, I… I didn’t want to disappoint my dad. Although he disappoints me, but he also works with robots, which is badass, but still.

I did make some new friends after we moved, but I wasn’t the same. I evolved into a grade-A asshole. I don’t know why people tolerated me. After I graduated from high school, I didn’t talk to them again, and they didn’t reach out to me. It was fine, though, because I did have one friend by my side. I also ended up becoming way too interested in robots, because my dad was so passionate about his job, and now I’m studying it in college. I’m going to beat him at his own game.

About six months ago, I found out about the experiment from a source. I was eighteen, and I didn't even want to do it, but I was basically forced to anyway. See, the thing is, I don't want to make friends or fall in love. But since I was forced to come initially, and since I failed the first time around, I get to go again, but this time I get to be the fucking tour guide. With Trent. It's fucking great, and it'll definitely help. Maybe this time around, as the goddamn guide, the person that I like might actually like me back, but I highly doubt that. In fact, my trust in this experiment?
It’s sitting at about zero.”

✩ This following information will NOT be included in the main character thread, but keep this information included when you PM me your sheets! ✩
(I’m including it so you can see what I’m looking for.)
Reason for joining the experiment:
“I was forced.”
Tell me your secrets:
“Suck my dick? Wait, actually, don’t listen to me, Telly. Don’t learn that word. Erase it from your memory, please. Ya know, it’s not a secret, but I guess I do wonder why Trent’s even still here. Didn’t he succeed already? Am I missing something? Why is a nice guy like him still stuck on this island, when he made so many friends last time? Like, the dude even likes ME, so why is he still here?”
Tell me your fears:
“Ducks. Quack quack. Not really. I actually love ducks. They’re cute. I wanted one as a pet, before I was whisked away. You want a fear? My fear is that I’ll be stuck on this island forever, until the day I die, because of certain reasons that I cannot divulge for some other asinine reason. And I don’t like the dark that much. And geese. The bastards.”
Tell me your dreams:
“Casually skips the question. Actually, nah, I’ll answer this too. My dream is to become a better person. Hopefully I can accomplish it this time around without burning down all my bridges.”
Tell me a good memory from your youth:
“Every year, on the nineteenth of December, my mom and dad would take me to go pick out a tree at the Christmas tree farm. When we got home, my mom would make some hot chocolate while my dad set the tree up. After the tree was up, we’d all work together to decorate it. We had this tradition of picking out a new ornament each year, so we always put our new ornaments onto the tree first. I got to go first, every year. We had a playlist that had the best Christmas songs on it, and we always danced around and sang along to the songs. After the hot coco got cold, it always got cold before we got to drink it, we had eggnog and watched whatever Christmas movie was on TV. I got to open two presents. It was always a perfect day. Makes sense, because it’s my birthday, and my parents were amazing. Too bad mom’s dead and dad’s too busy to spend time with his lonely, loser, lameass son.”

This is Jasper's second questionnaire!

What’s your name?: “Trenton Kearns.”
↳ Nickname/Alias: “Trent, usually, but Jasper likes to call me Tree. Please don’t call me Tree.”
How old are you?: “I’m twenty-one.”
Gender?: “I’m a trans guy.”
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Ace and panromantic. Anyone works for my lovely self, so long as they don’t want in my pants. Oh, uh, I mean. Not that. Oops.”
Tell me what you look like: “I’m mixed race, so my skin is a light brown color. I have Indian ancestry, I’ve been told, so my black hair is pretty straight. It’s been cut short by someone who has no experience with cutting hair, so it’s actually kind of uneven. My bangs are all messed up, and there’s a strand of hair in the back that’s just a bit too long, but I don’t mind that much. I have dark brown eyes and a slightly angular face, and I’m 5’7. I wish I was taller. There’s a scar on the edge of my jawline, near my right ear, but it’s mostly faded. It looks kind of bad, and I don’t really like it. It’s part of my face though, so I simply must accept it. I guess… It’s not that noticeable. Just when you’re up close. Since I’m on the island, I wear mostly button up shirts and t-shirts and shorts. I, sadly, lost some of my clothes during my first run through. I know what happened to them. I know that someone didn’t like some of my shirts, and so they have left my suitcase. Uh… I don’t really know what else to say. I have a scar on my chest from my surgery, but I’m fine with talking about it. Oh. There’s also a scar on my lower back. Guess I’m just covered in scars. They’re all not even really pleasant memories, either.”

Give me those personal deets: “Hm… Uh. I guess I’m mostly pretty calm. I do like laughing and having fun with people, but I’m still kind of shy so I sometimes clam up. I like talking about the things I like, and I get excited when I get to do so. I actually think I can be something of a dork when I get excited. Um… Oh, yeah. I can be kind of proper, and maybe stuck-up? Uncouth things or inappropriate conversations tend to get on my nerves, because I’ve had some bad experiences with people not getting the message. I also am a stickler for people being polite and kind to each other, because it’s really not that hard to do. I think it’s way more difficult to be a jerk, honestly. I don’t know. I’m just me, I guess. Oh.. Oh. I also am pretty patient and I don’t like people who rush things. And I get nervous pretty frequently, but I’m trying to hide that and just accept that sometimes mistakes happen and that I’m not perfect.”

Other/Trivia: “I make a delicious raspberry pie.”

How about that backstory?: “I’ll keep it short and sweet, because I’m really not much of a story teller. I was born as a girl to a mother and father, and I had an older sister and a little brother. My family is very close with each other, so we often went over to my cousins house, or they came to our house, to hang out. My school life was rather simple, although I did attend private school for most of it. My parents wanted me to have a good education, which they thought I couldn't obtain from going to public school. They also were very strict with me getting good grades, so I didn’t get to go out with friends. Not that I even had any. I was really shy growing up, but I think a part of it was because I didn’t feel right in my own skin. I’ll spare you the details of my realization that I was trans, because, quite honestly, it was not a fun time. It was a lot of confusion and hating myself, and then learning to accept myself and worrying even further about the future.

My parents were proud of me when I graduated from high school, since I was the top of my class. And, of course, they wanted me to go to university. Even though I didn’t want to. I expressed this to them, and they wouldn’t hear it from me, since I had used the money I’d been saving up for years to get top surgery. They said I mutilated my body. I try not to think about it too much. At least some of my cousins understood, even if my parents still call me their daughter.

I ended up going to one of the universities I had applied to back when I was a junior, because I got accepted. It was not what I wanted, and after a year of going to school I decided to take a year off, to try to figure out what I did want. My parents were somewhat understanding, but they wanted me to pursue my skills, which were both science and mathematics based. A year passed, I got a pet bird, and then I applied again and got accepted again. Another year later, and I still don’t even know what I want to do when I finish school. I'm two years in and yet I'm completely lost.

I had wanted to join the experiment because I thought it’d be a nice break from my life. I wasn’t ever really social growing up, and I figured that if I was out of my comfort zone it’d help me figure out who I really was. And it did. And I’m grateful, truly, but I’m slightly worried about why I’m even still here. I’ve learned to make friends and I do believe I’ll still be friends with some of them even when I get back home… I just need to figure out why I have to do this entire thing all over again.”

Reason for joining the experiment: “I’m not entirely sure why I’m still here, but I initially wanted to join because I thought it seemed interesting. And I wanted to fall in love, potentially. I’m a bit of a romantic, truth be told. I think Jasper is too, but he’d be embarrassed if he found out I said that, so let’s not tell him.”
Tell me your secrets: “They haven’t really changed from last time. Hm. I guess I do have a new secret: I have a feeling that I know the exact reason why I’m still here. It truly sucks, and has nothing to do with the experiment. Am I right, Telly?”
Tell me your fears: “I want to be accepted and loved. My fear is not having that. I think it’d be very sad to not have that in your life. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have that in my life. Granted, my parents aren't the most understanding, but they still love me and are trying to come to terms with me being a guy. I know it was hard for them. I’m glad they’re working on it.”
Tell me your dreams: “I want my parents to call me their son, just once. That sounds sad, so I also want to open a bakery. I do enjoy baking things for people and seeing their smiles when they eat my sweets.”
Tell me a good memory from your youth: “I have better memories from the past six months then from my youth. You know when Jasper slipped and fell off a rock and landed in the ocean, even though he was entirely convinced that the rock wasn’t slippery? That’s a memory I’m fond of. He looked like a soaked golden retriever.”

Trent's first questionnaire! || And his second one, too!

Last edited:

ELIJAH VISSER

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." - Muhammed Ali

Name: “The name’s Visser. Elijah Visser.”
Nickname/Alias: “Everyone calls me Eli except my dad – he calls me Ellie because he thinks he’s funny. I assure you, he’s not. So, if anyone dares their jaw is getting spun. Oh, and in the ring I’m known as the Mad Dog. Coach came up with it because back when I first started out, I was like a rabid puppy. I think I’ve matured a lot now, I’m cuddlier and more lovable… though I still bite.”
Sexuality: “This is confidential, right? Like, my dad’s not gonna find out or anything? Oh, okay good because boy do I like getting dicked down on a Saturday, every Saturday.”
Tell me what you look like: “Me? I’m an Adonis, a Grecian god. The worst part about kissing a solid ten is how cold the mirror feels on my lips. Just kidding~

I’m not that narcissistic. Hmm… I guess I’m a pretty average height, around 5’11 or so. Brown hair that’s sort of curly? Wavy? I’m not 100% sure anymore since I keep it in an undercut, the top is a bit too long though so when I’m working out I hold it back with a headband or tie it in a small topknot. I’ve been told my eyes are a nice shade of green, they're probably my most defining feature. Oh, and of course. How could I forget the tanned, rippling muscles I keep under my clothes? The fruit of my efforts. I’m not meathead buff, but hey, these washboard abs aren’t fake. My sense of style is pretty casual, I feel most comfortable in a pair of grey joggers and hoodie but I scrub up well too if the occasion calls for it.”

Give me those personal deets: “Agghh having to talk about myself like this feels kinda weird. I feel like I’m a pretty relaxed and easy-going guy, I’m always up for a laugh and I thrive in the company of others so I’m definitely an extrovert. I’m confident (though others might say cocky) and I’ve been told that my “charming charisma” literally turns heads... though I’ve never noticed anything like that so maybe I’m a bit obtuse? I have to admit, I also like teasing people. It’s a flirting technique I swear by. Oh, and I may be a little headstrong and opinionated sometimes, but as long as my buttons aren’t pushed I can keep a good hold on my temper. There’s also the issue of my uh… “reckless and daring tendencies.” What can I say? I love the thrill of the rush, living life on the edge.”

Backstory: “Well, where do I even start? I was born and raised in Manchester, UK. It was just me, dad and mum. My dad’s a language whiz and works with international bodies like the EU and my mum works in book publishing. A perfect, happy little family. Except… we weren’t so happy. Nor perfect. I remember all the heated arguments, all the screaming matches behind closed doors. I was nine when she finally walked out. I can’t say I was really surprised but it still hurt like a bitch – especially when I saw how much my dad actually loved her, he was a broken mess for quite a while. He still hasn’t re-married and honestly, my mum hasn’t been in the picture for years. I don’t know where she is or what she’s doing. I was an angry little shit back then, always lashing out and pushing people away. If I could go back in time and give myself a slap, I would. I was so self-centred that I never realised how much I hurt the people around me. I wasn’t doing well in school and I got into fights a lot, like I can’t even count how many times I was excluded or put in isolation. I just felt like the whole world was against me.

Getting into boxing was what really changed my life. My dad thought it’d be cathartic for me, so I joined the Red Lion Boxing Club. Let me tell you this, by the end of the first month I felt like a completely different kid. Coach Ian didn’t take shit from anyone and whipped me into shape quick time. He made me a better person and I owe him so much for that. It helped me let go of all my anger and frustration and resentment, I found myself genuinely enjoying the sport and I started taking it seriously. I’ve been competing for over nine years now and won a couple of belts from National and International Championships. This is what I want to do with my life, it’s my career… so when I was recently scouted and invited to join the England Talent Pathway I felt like everything was finally coming together.

Good things don’t last though.

It was a horrible, stupid mistake. I knew I shouldn’t have gotten on my motorbike that day, but I was just so excited to see my dad, to tell him the good news in person. Winter had been bleak and the roads hadn’t been gritted properly, slick with black ice. So… I crashed. Looking back, I was lucky to escape with my life but when I came to I momentarily thought that death might’ve been the better option. I was basically wrapped from head to toe. I’d broken my collarbone and bruised my ribs, but the worst part was my right arm. My distal radius was fractured, and the ulna was completely broken. I’m almost fully recovered now but it’s taken a lot of time and physiotherapy, so Coach says I’m still not ready to get back in the ring.”

Other/Trivia: “You’re really making me rack my brains here…uhh… oh! I’m pretty fluent in French, Spanish and Italian. I also 100% deserve my "Kiss the Chef" apron... these hands are very skilled if I do say so myself. As you can see, I’m a man of many talents.” *wink*

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
What’s your name?: Boone Balago
How old are you?: 25
Gender?: Male
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: What? I like girls. Straight, defiantly. [Closeted Bisexual]
Tell me what you look like: dont you have a camera or something for the...database? Fine.
Height: 5'10" and about 140....did you ask that?
Body Type: Praying mantis. But really, I'm pretty thin despite what I do The other guys at work used to give me shit for it but I can bale with the best of them.
Hair: sandy brown and in desperate need of a hair cut. I usually put up up under a hat when I'm...well, pretty much anytime I'm not asleep my hair is up.
Eyes: hazel last I checked
Over arching: Ummm....well I mainly own jeans...I think I have one pair of nice pants for events. I guess I'll need some new cloths before I go. Everything is stained with something from nature. We didn't get many opportunities to dress up on the ranch. I usually wear ball caps or mesh back caps because sunburned corneas are for amateurs. Speaking of that I'm pretty tan but it's not "beach tan" it's like....sun stained?....That makes sense to a robot, right? I spend a lot of time outside is my point. I promise I'll shave before the trip. Beards are commonplace with the guys. We are all lazy. Yeah...that's me I guess.

Personality: Umm...It's hard to answer stuff like this...I guess people have called me a respectful and kind person when i'm first getting to know ya. The close I gets to someone, the more Iwill pick on you. I "pull pigtail" if you will. You know, like in elementary school when you have a crush on someone and....oh...never mind. I'm is willing to try just about anything once...well, any sport or activity, even if i'm no good or interested... I'm not great at talking about my feelings, horses and cows don't ask many questions after all. My ex told me I resort to "barbaric defensive strategies" to ditch uncomfortable topics but she said all sorts of things. I'm not really comfortable with all this new tech everyone has. A lot more has changed than I though while I was working on the ranch.

Other/Trivia:
-I'm a pretty good survivalist
-I got a pretty persistent nicotine addiction
-my physical strength is often underestimated due to his stature, I can beat most people in arm wrestling. you wanna try?...oh, sorry...

How about that backstory?: "Since my twenty first I have been working on a remote site called Skinwalker Ranch out near Harvre, Montana. Beautify place in the warm months, a nightmare in the cold ones. I've lived most of my time there in a dilapidated camper I've been slowly fixing up over the years. I finally got her road worthy... anyway, I've seen plenty of other ranch hands come and go and considered most good friends, but I have been told I'm easy to get along with. I am guilty of letting my work consume my life. I go into an almost auto-pilot like state that lasts months sometimes. I lose the ability to distinguish days from one another, eventually getting to the point where months were flying by and I don't even notice. I'ed still be in an autonomous state if it wasn't for the night the owner's wife blew the boss's head off with his own shotgun. After the cops opened and shut that case, the Ranch was slowly cannibalized by the bank and family until it was only the land and a handful of us left. Skinwalker Ranch was a husk of it's former self and the remaining property was purchased by the government to build some sort of facility. Me and the other boys were suddenly out of jobs and a home. They all picked up what they could and moved on. I joined the Five Steps as a kind of "reintroduction" back into normal life, I guess. Think you can help me?"

Last edited:
3244C865-6FD3-4A4C-893D-0B864D320FE3.png

What’s your name?: ”Thomas Erald”

↳ Nickname/Alias: ”Tommy”

How old are you?: "old enough to drink" (21)

Gender?: ”you could call me a girl if you wanted, but I’m most definitely a guy.”

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “I go for guys mostly, but girls are nice too.”

Tell me what you look like: “hmmm... I have brown hair and... green eyes... i had braces when I was younger so my teeth are straiter than I am. I work out, I promise. I may look like a string bean now, but if i remove my shirt”, removes shirt, “you will see i have a six pack” (is 5’9” tall)

Give me those personal deets: ”people have called me a bit of a flirt. I like to think Im charming, but i guess I cant exactly tell myself... What do you think?” winks "I can be a bit obsessive at times, but its no biggie. I have a few emotional scars from past trauma, but I dont really show them all that much."

Other/Trivia: ”I can tend to get a bit... obsessive... over people”

How about that backstory?: ”for all you know I only started existing 30 minutes ago”, winks, ”just kidding. I like to play. My parents are twice divorced. My dad died after the third time they got married and my mom married another woman. My dad was abusive as shit, so im honestly kinda glad he’s out of the picture. My second mom is the most adorable lady ever, shes a bit chubby, but my mother likes girls that way. Not gonna lie i do too. I just started college because I wanted to make something of my life, the only problem is i dont know what. I chose a random major with the intent of figuring it out next semester after im used to college life.”

Last edited:
unknown.png
"WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"
"Garrett. Oh, my full name? Garrett Lindberg! A lot of my friends call me Rhett but I prefer just Garrett. Some people like to call me Gary... [He sighs.] Please don't."
"HOW OLD ARE YOU?"
"Just turned nineteen a few weeks ago!"
"WHAT IS YOUR GENDER?"
"Male, through and through!"
"WHAT'S YOUR SEXUALITY/ROMANTICISM?"
"Oh, gosh... I'm still questioning, I guess. I haven't had much experience with... You know. I guess I'd be pansexual? I mean, I love everyone. I'm not picky."
"TELL ME WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE."
"Oh, alright. So, I'm pretty tall! I think that's the first thing people notice about me. It's been a while since I've actually measured my height but I want to say I was an inch or two above six feet? It's kinda funny considering the rest of my family is pretty short. They used to tell me I was adopted and I probably would have believed it if I hadn't seen pictures of me during my birth. Uh, back on track! A lot of my friends refer to me as a beanpole. Honestly, I didn't even know what that was until about last year but I guess it's accurate. I'm pretty lanky. What next..? Oh! My eyes are blue, so that's pretty cool, I guess. I kind of wish I had green eyes though... It's my favorite color. My hair is, I guess you'd say a light auburn? I just say I'm a brunette but my hair looks red in a lot of lightnings. My skin is relatively tan? Honestly, I have some whack tan-lines all the time because I spent so much time outdoors. And freckles, for the same reason! So many freckles... Mostly on my face and arms. I tried counting them once but gave up. I don't have any tattoos or piercings at all, but I do have some really big scars on my right arm from... Well, you'll find out. Sorry if I'm talking a lot, by the way... I tend to do that. As for fashion, I tend to go for more comfortable clothes than super stylish. I like to look nice though! I wear a lot of outdoorsy things and earth tones and all that jazz. It's my aesthetic, you know? My instagram is popping, not gonna lie. And, of course, who can forget about everyone's favorite topic? My leg. Yeah, I'm practically a cyborg. I have a prosthetic leg! I wear it pretty much all the time. I have a wheelchair and crutches and everything but my arms get so tired. I brought them both with me but have you tried using a wheelchair in sand? It's awful. It used to bother me when people stared at it but I don't care that much anymore. I'm, like, pretty comfortable in my own skin."
"GIVE ME THOSE PERSONAL DEETS."
"Wha... What does that mean? Like, my personality? Well, overall, I think I'm a pretty nice person. I really love all forms of life and go out of my way to give them the respect I think they deserve. Plants, animals, people... Everything. My parents are avid humanitarians, so I spent a lot of my childhood in really poor countries and environments on mission trips. I've seen all kinds of... unbelievable suffering and have learned to recognize my privileges, I guess. After experiencing some suffering on my own, I realized that life is precious and deserves respect, you know? I want to make a positive impact on people and the planet so I do my best to do that everyday. My best friend back home constantly tells me I'm a "Mom Friend," which I guess is true. I'm told I get really invested and concerned with people which apparently can be overbearing. I've always been a selfless person. I'd do anything for my friends. It, uh, kind of has it's downfalls though. Don't get me wrong, I'm honestly proud of what I've accomplished and everything, it just sucks sometimes. I feel like I've trapped myself in a net of my own unreasonable expectations that I don't know how to get out of. And it's pretty lonely too. I'm usually the one who's looking out for my friends and everything... I tend to keep things to myself, you know? I have a lot of friends but it feels very one-sided a lot of the time... Yikes, didn't mean to get all deep on you there. Uh, I guess that's why I'm here though. To find some new friends! And maybe something more than that?
"WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS?"
"I'm bilingual! I spent my early years in Nicaragua, where most people speak Spanish. So, I grew up learning both Spanish and English. According to my parents, I was cursed as a child? I don't... Think I believe in curses but I like to blame the bad things that happen in my life on it. I can make my eyes go in two different directions. I don't know how to whistle. I can't think of anything else!"
"HOW ABOUT THAT BACKSTORY?"
"So, I was born to the two most amazing people on the entire planet. They found out they were pregnant with me just a few weeks after flying to Nicaragua for a humanitarian mission trip. They decided there was no reason they couldn't raise a child while there, so I was born in a small little hut in Nicaragua. Until I was about six years old, Nicaragua is where I spent most of my time. My parents worked for an organization that would help build houses, dig wells, provide education and healthcare, and more to local cities dealing with poverty, so we would simply move cities the months we stayed. I still have some pictures of some of the friends I made there. I wonder if they remember me.

Things changed when I was about six years old. Nothing bad happened, my parents just wanted me to attend school in America and get a better education so I could help teach when we visited during summer vacation. I was pretty popular in school, to be honest, even though I was kind of a nerd. I had a lot of friends and I guess a lot of people thought it was cool that I lived in a different country for a while. Honestly, though, up until my last years of high school, things were rather uneventful. Life really got exciting for me when I reached middle school. I was finally considered old enough to really help my parents out when we visited Nicaragua. It was then that I realized helping people and doing these missions was my passion. I started taking school very seriously after that, wanting to impress as many colleges as I could to get a degree in education or a medical degree or something. I started looking forward to summer vacation even more than I had before, eager for the next time we'd get to go. My parents even agreed to let me bring my best friend one year, which was easily the best. summer. ever.

Things changed the summer after of my junior of high school, just a few days after my seventeenth birthday. For worse, this time. Like, way worse. We were in Nicaragua like we did every summer. Do I, uh... Do I have to talk about this? It's like, a touchy subject. Well, uh, my older sister and I were riding our bikes down to the local market to buy some yukka for the little town we were staying in at the time. My parents usually went with a car but it had broken down the day before so my sister and I volunteered to go on bikes. Well, um, on the way back... We have the yukka in our baskets and everything and, well... A car hit us. I'd heard about car accidents happening near us all the time. Nicaragua doesn't really enforce their traffic laws so... Well, I mean, just... It happened a lot but I never expected it to happen to me? My sister got out with just a broken arm but you can probably guess that I wasn't so lucky. I don't... Really want to go in-depth about all that happened, if that's alright. Basically, I sustained major injuries. We ended up having to fly back to America earlier than planned to get proper treatment and everything. I spent like a week in a coma and even more weeks after that just stuck in the trauma hospital and.. It was horrible, I don't recommend it.

I went through a really deep depression after that for what I would say are very obvious reasons. I kind of thought my life was over and that I'd never be able to walk again. Even after I was fitted for a prosthetic and everything... I was just really... Discouraged, I guess would be the right word. I had big dreams for my life and everything and I thought it was all ruined. My sister was the one who convinced me to give the prosthetic a shot. About six months after the accident, I was able to fully function with it and I just kind of embraced it. I don't like being the cliche sap but it's true when I say the whole situation gave me a new perspective on life, you know? The whole thing sucked for a while and still sucks sometimes but I'm just glad to be alive and stuff. I was able to heal in time to graduate with my class and received a few different scholarships. I took on a whole bunch of new hobbies and developed a new love for life I didn't have before.. And, yeah. I guess good things can come from bad things.

I've spent the time since the accident just doing my own thing. I'm taking a gap year before I go to college. I haven't been back to Nicaragua but I have traveled quite a bit just by myself for the sake of sight-seeing. I found out about the experiment through an online ad and clicked it out of curiosity. I normally don't do things like this but I was intrigued. I've been feeling pretty lonely lately and thought it might be fun to meet someone to travel with? Honestly, I'm open for anything.

What’s your name?: "It's Blake. Though my full name is Blakely Caldwell."
How old are you?: "Twenty-one."
Gender?: "Female."
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: "I could go either way. To be honest I've only dated guys up to this point and it hasn't been working out sooooo... I'm open for anything!"
Tell me what you look like: "What do I look like? That's kind of a weird question, I figured you would have had like a camera or something ya'know? Oh well. I'm about 5'4 which is average I think? Maybe a little under? Though I guess that's not that important huh? Hmmm... I have long-ish black hair, about to my shoulder blades, though I usually keep it tied up unless I have a performance or something similar. Oh yeah, I also have green eyes which I hear are pretty rare, though it's more of an olive so more like yellow-green. What else is there? Oh right my clothing.... Is normal I guess? Whatever normal is considered anyways. I don't have a particular style I go for, typically just whatever I have lying around is good enough for me. Though to be honest, jeans and a big comfy hoodie do hold a special place in my heart. Other than that though I like to think I keep pretty healthy, I certainly don't go out of my way to lose weight or anything though. Just a happy-medium."

Give me those personal deets: "So what I'm like as a person right? I like to think I'm pretty kind, though I'm sure everyone says that about themselves. I don't talk a whole lot, not that I can't hold a conversation it's just like, I find listening to people a lot more fun ya'know? I can be a bit moody though, perks of being a musician for most of your life I guess. What does that mean? Music just affects people differently, that's all. Contrary to what you might think I enjoy experiencing different things, open mind and all that ya'know? Now that I'm thinking about it talking about yourself is pretty embarrassing... Oh right! One last thing. I'm big on music, in case you haven't picked up on that by now sooooo..... yea, I'll probably talk your ear off about it."

How about that backstory?: "My story? There Isn't much to tell honestly. I grew up in Seattle for most of my life with my family. Mom, Dad, and Nat. Oh, Nat is my twin sister Natalie, forgot to mention that. She was always ahead of me, aside from musical talent. Though I don't hate her for it, just how life goes I suppose. We were a pretty normal family, we all got along well aside from a few stupid fights here and there. I don't have any super traumatic event that ever happened to me or anything... I usually kept to myself in school, Nat made up for the both of us with the amount of friends she had and she was always trying to hook me up with one guy or another, though clearly none of them lasted. Things stayed like that all the way through high school. Once we graduated though we pretty much quit talking, not out of hatred or a falling out or anything stupid like that. Just... grew apart I guess. I wound up with an acceptance from the Manhattan School of Music, and she decided to head to Seattle U for business management. We both had our own paths in life, last I heard though she settled down with her high school sweetheart. I should probably talk to her again to see how she's doing but it seems kinda uncouth. "Hey I know we haven't talked in a few years but how are you?" Not really my style. Anywho, I'm currently in my third year at the conservatory, and I'm trying to get a degree in composition. I enjoy it, though I was having writers block... Musicians block? Whatever block it was, It was making it hard to figure out how to get my ideas onto the staff. Which is how I wound up here. New things are good for getting the creative juices flowing... I do not like that phrase, wow. Anyways... I also read that people are pretty lucky with finding their lifelong partners in this experiment, sooooo... Here I am. Is that good?"

What’s your name?: Mae Belle Yang
↳ Nickname/Alias: Maybe, Maebae
How old are you?: 18, nearly 19
Gender?: Female
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: Pan sexual/ Pan romantic

She weighs around 80 lbs - 35 kg and stands at just under 5'0/under 150cm . She has small yet strongly defined muscles and has a curved, almost angular figure. She is of east asian descent and is a picture of playful and delicate beauty, due to her petite build and soft facial features. Her eyes are a deep, earthy brown similar to the color of rich soil. Their large almond shaped, doe-like appearance and long, fluttering lashes gives her a certain look of innocent beauty and softness. She has very pale, warm under toned skin covered in collections of freckles. She has hip length dyed golden hair, with her shiny deep brown almost black roots having grown out a few inches and have been blended. It is always tied up into one or two messy buns. Her overall look makes her look like a little doll and very charming

Give me those personal deets:

Even though she seems like a lone wolf, as she can be shy sometimes and has a small voice, nothing makes her happier than sharing her experiences and happiness with the people she loves.All she wants is to make sure everyone in her life is well-loved. She will often go out of her way to take care of and please others making her incredibly selfless. The most important part of this selflessness is that she doesn’t expect anything in return, only the happiness it brings others. Whether it’s through romance or just by letting you know that she’s your friend ‘till the end, She wants to make anyone feel special and loved. More than that, she knows how to reciprocate love like no one else can.
Mae’s main goal in life is to make sure her friends and family know that they are tremendously important to her and that everyone is special and beautiful and we all deserve happiness.
This often causes her to lose sight of her own needs and put others before herself, especially their needs and happiness.She spends so much time caring for others she doesn't really care for herself putting herself down and below others. She also has a rather low self-esteem contradicting her main message she gives to others and doesn't really believe in herself. She is quite naive and sees things with a slight childlike innocence, which at times makes her very goofy and she easily laughs. She believes everyone has some good in them and only tries to see the good in people

Fun Facts:
-Incredibly flexible
-Tri-lingual
-Has really bad eyesight and tries to always wearing glasses or contacts
-Babbles when nervous or meeting new people

Mae was born to two loving parents and an older brother. Her parents brought her up strictly but lovingly. She has always been an A+ student but she is very quiet and keeps to herself meaning she always has limited friends or none at all She always devoted herself to helping others, through volunteering at shelters or working for charities. A huge part of her life is sport. She is always swimming or doing gymnastics and as she gets older she is able to help others learn through being a swim or gym teacher and lifeguard so she can keep others safe and happy

Last edited:

home
one
two
three

• What’s your name?:
    "Yohan Singkham. Last name is kinda hard to pronounce but no worries, just try your best."

How old are you?:
    "Twenty right now, twenty-one in a few months."

Gender?:
    "Male. Pretty straightforward."

What’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?:
    "Bisexual, leaning towards guys."

yohan

big chaotic energy
    ↑ scroll up ↑

coded by weldherwings.

What’s your name?:
"My name is Jupiter Orion. Yes my parents were hippies."

How old are you?:
"Twenty-One."

Gender?:
"I guess I'm a lady... I never really cared about that sort of thing. I think they call it Non-Binary?"

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?:
"Demisexual. It's where you only wanna fuck someone you've had a deep connection with."

"Okay? Um..."
*Inspects nearby reflection*
"I am part Native American, part mutt. I guess. I am 5'7"... kinda got picked on for being the tall girl. Honestly, I don't think my height is all that tall but I digress... I guess I am pretty happy with my body type. My tummy is pretty flat so I guess it's a little easier to go jogging and stuff. Although in other areas I guess you can say I'm... well-endowed? My large bust and wide hips are a huge nuisance. I'm constantly bumping into things and knocking stuff over. My skin is tan, kinda like copper but not really. I have dark wavey hair that I like to park on my right side. It hangs down to my waist. My sister just put in a few braids and beads the other day. Not a lot, just enough to kinda look like a viking badass or something. My eyes are kinda blue-green. There is a scar over my right eyebrow from a motorcycle accident I got into last year. I really like my mouth... kinda sarcastic and pouty. Full of character. Um... yeah I think that's it- OH! Piercings. I forgot piercings. The ones you can see are my septum and labret. I have gauges... about the size of a quarter. And a few rings in my cartilage.
I'm not even going to mention my tattoos because that's too much to talk about. But I have some."

Give me those personal deets:
"Shit.... hard question..."
*Squeezes eyes shut in thought*
"I guess... introverted? Not that I don't like people... I just don't trust others all that much. It takes a lot for me to like someone. See animals are easier to get along with. They're honest. Tell it like it is. Like my cat Chimera? He is a black cat I fished out of the dumpster by my house. He's my best friend. My only friend really... Anyway. I'm honest, blunt in fact. I don't like wasting time with small talk. I DETEST small talk. What's the weather like? JUST GO OUTSIDE!"
*Nervous laugh*
"Sorry about that. I guess I'm kind of... odd? Like, hot and cold? Calm one moment and passionate the next? I don't know. I'm sarcastic to a fault. Most of the time I am quiet though. Unless someone actually talks to me... which rarely happens. I am very open-minded and down to earth, probably my most admirable quality. I hate being judged so why would I judge others? Makes no sense. To be honest, I don't really know what else to add. How about just trying to get to know me? Maybe? Or not. That's okay too."

Other/Trivia:
"I have this weird obsession with Tarot cards. I like collecting them~ The artwork is pretty neat. And yes, I do pay attention to astrology. ACTUAL astrology, not the fluff pieces in news articles."
*Eye roll*
"Also, since I was raised by hippies, I love nature. I love animals. And I love preserving nature and animals. I try to skateboard everywhere, I recycle, and I'm a vegan. I don't expect everyone else to be either. Everyone is unique and has their own journey. Mine just includes not eating cute creatures."

"A backstory huh? Nothing eventful... I was born in Florence, Oregon. I absolutely love it there. My mom and dad met at a protest and have been inseparable ever since. I have a cat... I mentioned him before, he is my world."
*Clears throat uncomfortably*
"I guess the reason I keep people at a distance is because I'm afraid to care? I did have a friend once..."
*Voice breaks slightly*
"Her name was Kimiko... and she was... just. The most incredible person. After she died... I-I don't know... No one else can compare. No one else is as selfless, as badass-"
*Deep breath*
"I'm done talking about this. Next question... please."

Photo_2020-07-07-20-20-22-028.png137904_ZoTYYfdW (1).png

Last edited:
What’s your name?: Akemi Vega
↳ Nickname/Alias: Kemi, KemiKat, Panda/PanPan (its a long and unnecessary story >.>)

How old are you?: Twenty-One, baby!

Gender?: Female

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: Pansexual. The bestie says I have a preference for the ladies, but I say I don't care what bits a person has. If we click, then we click.

Tell me what you look like: I totally let my bestie fill this out because I dunno how to describe myself other than "beast mode!"
I'm half Columbian, half Japanese--aka goregeous--,tall (5'9"), ripped cuz I'm a fitness nut (try athlete!), but still curved in all the right places. I've got hair that can't make up its mind whether it's brown or it's dark blonde (it's brown, wtf), it kinda does both and is fairly long. Would be pretty if I didn't always wear ponytails and/or hats but whatever. My eyes are a weird dark gray and brown combo (hazel). I can rock the hell out of a dress and heels but prefer to live in jeans, sweats, and trainers everyday like a hobo (rude! I like to be comfy). Oh, and forget about makeup. Like ever. (>.>) Unless you count that my very short nails are always painted some odd assortment of colors. What else... OH! My teeth are straight and white. Like VERY straight and VERY white. Like frighteningly so because I obsess. If you checked right now I'd probably have floss on me. (Is this really necessary?!) I'm pretty tan despite always being covered up and get these cute little freckles across my nose and upper cheeks when I've been in the sun too much. I also have a tiny stud in my left nostril and boring ear piercings.

Give me those personal deets: So I guess most would say I'm pretty goofy? I mean, I think I'm pretty funny but others like to act like my humor is THE worst. I dunno, I'm not a straight up clown or anything but I like to laugh and have fun and can't stand when people look like their world is caving in on them when they're with me. I don't mind looking a little silly if it gets that smile, ya know? I do know how to respect boundaries, sort of, so I don't pry or anything but umm... I'm easy going, friendly, love hugs, love to eat (a whoooole lot), love to sleep when I can. Let's see... Oh, I'm admittedly a bit of a work horse. I mean, when its time to take a break I totally BREAK but I will sometimes get tunnel vision and push myself really hard to get to my goal or see results. I can't stand failure (or losing) or being distracted. I also can't stand bullies or liars. Like I have ZERO tolerance and well, my bestie would say I never back down from a fight. I guess I can be a hothead about certain things? I dunno. I try not to be the one to ruin a good time but I have no problem telling someone about themselves if they get me started.

Other/Trivia: Fun stuffs? Lets see... I still have a slight accent that gets thicker when I get worked up. My friends like to tease me with Sofia Vergara clips though my accent is NOT that thick >.< I do speak fluent English and Spanish. I can understand Japanese but I'm terrible at speaking it, like don't even ask me to try. Oh! I'm fast as hell and will burn anyone in a race. I love Koalas and Pandas, dance when I'm thinking or bored, tell dad jokes in my sleep... uhh... I dunno.

How about that backstory?: So my life is pretty normal I guess. I was born in Columbia and lived there for a few years when I was young before we all packed up and moved to the States. We lived with my mom's family for a bit in California, which was literal hell, then finally moved to Miami after I had gotten kicked out of too many schools for fighting *cough*. Did I mention I can't stand bullies? Anyway, high school was better. I really focused in on track (sprinting) and basketball seriously and turned myself around with the help of my coach. My dad got sick and lost his job half way through so I had to add a part-time job in when I could. I almost quit sports to be able to work more but my mom made sure I didn't. She let me keep the one I had to pay for my own extras but she wouldn't hear about me worrying about bills and whatnot. She worked three jobs so I knew I had to get a scholarship in order to go to college or it wasn't happening.

Anyway, I got a full ride on a track scholarship but had to drop basketball. Freshman year was both the best and the worst. It was a crazy, chaotic time that I would seriously not trade for the world since I met my bestie. Sophmore year was better. A lot better really as I started to make a name for myself. Unfortunately my dad's bills started piling up and we lost our house toward the end of the school year. For a while after that I guess I sort of lost perspective? I got a job (the wrong job), worked too hard between school, work, and sports, too long. Started racking up minor injuries due to always fighting off exhaustion and whatnot, ignoring my friends... Nothing too traumatic or crazy had happened yet outside of that one time I took adderall but, well, looking back now I can see why everyone was worried. Still... rest and a new perspective was needed. I got approved for a GAP year and have been working to help my parents a bit but my bestie heard about this experiment and well... here I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back