Concepts Ideas Needed

Classified

Hello there, *cough cough* Excuse me but I heard this was the place to go if your looking for concepts and ideas and what not. Well it clearly is but that's not the point. Your likely already tired of hearing me babble about nonsense so I'm just going to get to the point so here goes.

I'm no ones Shakespeare clearly but I've been working on a scifi alien based story from the perspective of ... Humph ... Well... You know what I just can't fully make up my mind with this story really and I need advice. I've been at this for months now and I have concepts and some things I've been researching under my belt and an idea and what not but I'm no closer then I was when I begain this story. I wanted it to be like a Starwars scaled like universe from the perspective of seveal military personal individuals but the main focused is on these shinobi like navel infanty/recon marines but I do not know any ones place in this story and I really need help.

So you want a large-scale sci-fantasy told from the perspectives of military personnel about the exploits of magic space ninjas?

That's conceptually kind of cool, but you're going to need to develop the setting in order to contextualize the necessary conflict and have a plot skeleton on which the players can build.

The concept you have expressed is fairly vague, but from what I understood, you want to make a sci-fi setting with a focus on stealthy elite recon units, right?

The best way you can handle this is by making the players take the role of spies. There is no much point in terrain recon in the future since satellite telescopes are already a thing (unless you want to use some kind of visual field scrambler around the zone, of course), so the most exciting thing I can think of is to send the players inside the enemy's bases to see what are they up to and hopefully acquire some new intel about them.

However, if you could expand on what do you exactly want to do, maybe we could come up with better or more specific ideas.

I understand the feeling; the best advice I can give is that you should not become overly attached to your ideas as they are. Change them up, even if it seems like mutilation. Nail the plot threads down and connect them. You can PM me with what ideas you have and I'd be happy to help you brainstorm :3

I believe that @Blumenkranz has hit the nail on the head. Running the players as a first strike team whose job is to sabotage, abduct high value personnel/ hostage rescue, or incite civil unrest/revolution would make the most sense. It'll give your players a clear goal and you could also run a government corruption plot along side it for your players to stumble across. I think you have a solid theme all you really need to do is hammer out some targets and place some obstacles in your players path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back