• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Computer City

xXArcticThunderXx

Three Thousand Club
A daring romance, arranged marriage, and a computer government. Between myself and Sero

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple stood in the airport, looking through the traveling catalogs as they waited for their flight to Denver. It was the year 30XX and everything was alive and bustling, people choosing their destinations and taking the corresponding routes to their destinations. This particular couple was reading the news that was apparently lost on the inhabitants that lived within the broad city of Ai. It was pronounce 'Ai' but every knew that it meant AI as in artificial intelligence. This city was lonely perhaps and isolated from the rest of the world starting a year ago. The couple was weeping silently, for they left a child within the town of Ai.

Ai. The self governed city. Recently the people inside the city had found themselves locked in. Getting reports of a violent disease that had swallowed the outside world. It being a month, residents believed that there was no hope yet, and everyone left in the outside world was....dead. A new system formed withing that year, humans were married off young. Marked and assigned to specific parts of the city.....

Only a few have thought second of this change......

Candie looked down at her device and carefully crossed the street. The sound of the skyway humming above her. The building were as spotless as ever and so was the rest of the city. She didn't think much of it, since she knew about some of the strange wonders of the city. How it worked at night. Today was a somewhat average day. Accept that in the next week they would be announcing her pair. Her pair being the person she would marry. It happened every two years. They would bring in a group of kids around a certain age and pair them. Having them live together and hope that they would love. She didn't like that of course though. It was nothing like the fairy tales that had a princess and a prince. She paused outside the park and sighed, She couldn't think too much about it.

Jen kicked the spray can that was on the ground. It sprayed some stray paint and led him to sigh. This was something that bored him. Every time he painted something, it was silently taken down. He didn't want that at all. He just wanted to paint, not to be force to clean up what he created. It made him depressed. Every week he tried to get a new job. He was tired of cleaning the school and the streets at times when mostly machines did it. He closed his eyes before leaning in the alley. Waiting for the next bus to pass by. He'd just take another long ride, hoping to be taken anywhere but home where his parents were absent.

Lacey sighed as she walked out of the crowded bar, her feet tired so she headed down the long street. She was aching all over. The bar had been busier than it normally would, due to the weekend. Her mind raced with thoughts as she walked along the long road. Her pairing was next week. She couldn't help but keep thinking about it over and over. She stopped and sat on a nearby bench, letting her feet prop up and rest.

Rob had been working late once more, his hands and feet aching as he pushed himself to do better. He worked as a chef at a local restaurant that was actually pretty busy. The restaurant was small, but since there was good food,good people came in and ordered.

Candie paused walking into the park and noticing that tall the benches were full of would-be couples that were probably saying their goodbyes. Either that or couples that actually worked. She wasn't sure. She sighed and shook her head, turning around and deciding to head out somewhere else. This wasn't a place for her. Where would she go? She wasn't sure and just started walking again. Her parents weren't worried. She wasn't sure if they were capable of caring, handing their daughter over to someone unknown. The adult had all but given up.

Jen stepped off the bus and frowned. There was a girl sitting on the bench but not getting on the bus. The bus left without her and he frowned. "Hey lady chic, were you going to take that ride or are you just planning of sitting there all day?" He asked, not sitting down since it would be far too awkward for him to handle. He was okay at teasing girls, not actually...well. He wasn't sure He was a bit scared of touching them in fear that they'd burst into tears.

"No, I'm just sitting. I just got off work." Lacey looked up at the man, her head tilting tot the side. She was surprised a random stranger would talk to her. After all, she smelled like beer and men's ax. She didn't mean to smell that way, it was just the way her job went. She studied the man closer, her head tilting. He was handsome in some ways. She shook the thought, hugging her knees to her chest.

Rob sighed as the restaurant closed down, giving him a chance to go to the park and read. He arrived, a small book,hidden inside his hoodie. He settled down under a empty tree, benches full off ending couples and such. He shook his head, sitting under a large oak wood as he took the book out. He saw a young woman standing by herself, looking lonely.

Jen smiled slightly, unsure how to reply to that. She smelled like she was around a lot of guys. It made him relax a bit. "Cool. What do you do?" He asked, plopping down next to her in a rash decision. Deciding to take the chance and not worry so much anyhow about her gender and stuff. He'd just treat her like a guy. "I'm an artist, you know, free lance and all." He lied through his teeth smiling slightly. He himself didn't really think of it as a lie. Since he liked painting with his spray cans.

Candie smiled slightly, wrapping her arms around herself, seeing another person looking at her. She couldn't see his face that well but she guess he looked alright. She wasn't sure if he was asking her over though so she walked straight past him. Keeping in mind that even if he looked like a nice person, nice people could be deceiving.

"I work at a bar." The girl Answered, leaning into the seat."Oh, what do you paint?" She asked, head tilting. She had never met an artist before, so she'd make the best of it. She pulled her reddish hair over her shoulder, playing with it. She made small braids, braiding them to make a bigger braid.

The boy titled his head as the woman walked straight passed him. Had he done something wrong? He retraced his steps, finding he hadnt done anything wrong, decidng to follow her.

"I paint cool things." Jen smirked. "Since creation is cool. Ya know?" He grinned widely. "Its like trying to make a statement! Its important business." He didn't care to mention how they were cleaned up. "Its like performance art though. Their like limited edition."

Can ie blinked, turning and frowning as the one from earlier got up and followed after her. He stopped and waited for a few minute for them to catch up. Getting a better veiw of his face. "Can I...help you?"

"Oh? Why don't you show me sometime?" Lacey smiled and tilted her head. The new guy smelled like spray paint. Was he a graffiti artist? She questioned the theory, deciding to ask."Do you paint graffiti?"

"You seemed lonely, like you were lost or something." Rob said, shifting his book to hide in his hoodie. He had lost his mother and father when the wall was put up to block the surrounding town. He sighed softly, he knew how it was to be lonely.

((I'm back from dying! Sorry about that long wait!))

Jen was slightly surprised before nodding enthusiastically. "Yeah! Let me show you what I do sometime! It'll blow your mind! I wouldn't call it graffiti though. I call it 'urban art' sexy right? If I ever getout of this place I'm going to become famous!" He motioned allof this informationg before looking back. "You should come tonight."

Candie shifted before relaxing. He had a cute voice. "I am...I guess. I'm Candie?" Was she supposed to introduce herself? She coughed lightly before offering her hand. Was this right? "I um, its nice to meet you sir?" Again this sounded like a question and came out sort of muffled and awkward.

((It's alright!))

"Rob." The handsome man smiled at the girl before him. He could tell it was awkward for her, but hey, at least he had someome to talk to. " So why are you out here by yourself?" He asked as he stuck his hands into his pockets to keep from becoming cold in the chilly air.

"Tonight?" Lacey asked? She knew it was crazy, it got cold at nights but it was some fun in her life. She smiled at him and nodded, tonight. "Tonight sounds good." She looked up at him, smiling. She was a sweet girl in all honesty

Can ie wasn't sure how to respond but smiled. "Just being a wandering sporit I guess. You know how it is." She mumbled. Not wanting tk talk about her parental situation and how she didn't want to think about the current social influxes of their current life. "Iwas going to get a snack I guess...."

Jen laughed almost wicked and smiled. "Three hours at the fountain, unless you want to hang with me until then! Er, well, you don't have to if you don't want to, buuuut ya know, it might be fun and I have nothing to do. Not like there is much to do at this timmme right?"

"Do you mind if I join you?" Rob tilted his head at her. He knew their wasn't nothing to do since the dome had been put up around the city. He smiled and kept a straight face. He was sweer and kind. He had lost his parents, but tried to remain happy in his new life.

Lacey smiled at him and nodded. There reAlly wasn't nothing to do here. She smiled and nodded." I dont have anything else to do so why not?" She hadn't met this boy before, but could tell life with him would be fun.

(I've been moping @_@ sorry)

"Oh well....I don't mind that much." Candie stuttered, smiling awkwardly. She was only so so at dealing with people. However she wouldn't mind a good companion. "If you really don't mind sticking around with me...I'm not really sure what ik doing yet..."

Jen grinned widely. There. He had an sudience to receive his glory! He laughed before linking arms with her suddenly, and almost pulling her from her seat. "Alright! Tonight then, in a couple hours well meet here. Alright?"

((It's okay))

Rob grinned,"I don't mind, it's funny just to walk around town." He got lonely since his parents had been lonely himself. At least now he had a companion friend to stay by his side, or hers, he didn't care.

Lacey giggled and nodded, smiling at the young boy. He was so bouncy and energetic.

((Its not....))

Candie nodded. "I'm Candie. Its nice to meet you I guess..." there was only a week till the ceremony, so all this could be was friendship. "Then would you have any suggestions?"

Jen was glad she had agreed. Now he could have some fun and show it off to someone. She looked like a well behaved girl so he was afraid that she might not like it...well, no. He would show her anyway.

-we can time skip on Jens...-

((Hmm?))

Rob nodded in agreement,"Robby or Rob. Whichever you prefer to call me is perfectly fine." Robby seemed to care less about what they did."Well, there is one place." He said.

As the young girl had agreed, Lacey showed up at the bench on time. She was a girl/woman of her word.

((This is late, but my replies will be scace because of some work that popped up @_@))

"Then Rob is fine." Candie responded, shifting. "I'm Candie by the way...so what this one place that you're talking about? I'm...a little curious..." she admitted, feeling sort of awkward. This was weird. She was talking to a stranger. However...it didn't seem that bad for now.

Late! He was late? Jen dragged his paint bag in tow and saw that she had beaten him quite soundly. He sighed before grabbing her hand and tugging it. "Wanna go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back