• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy † Compromise Brings Delusion † Flashback Page

BookishSnowWhite

Tired Princess
Flashbacks

Our Past

This page is the dedicated flashback page for the roleplay of Compromise Brings Delusion. This page is only for flashbacks that help enhance the story, either because they got cut off due to a timeskip, or they help flesh out a character's background. You can either PM between characters, or just roleplay like you normally would. When the flashback is complete, please post a link to it in the roleplay with your characters.

2b6d6b4acc21a3486b7e0309ed0fa62a.jpg

The Adventures of Rein & Kai: Part 1

-1.jpg A loud clatter of metal pots and pans echoed in the royal hallways of the Water Domain's palace, followed by an angry yell from the chef and light pattering bare feet.

"Come back, you trouble-maker!"

A young teenage boy ran around the corner of the water-lit hallway, smugly smirking as he dodged a flying pan from behind and continued to run. A piece of crab meat is in his mouth with a patch of white flour powdered the top of his long purple hair that's tied into a braid, reaching down his mid-back. His ice blue eyes peered over his shoulder to see the chef running after him, covered with crayfish and crabs, pinching and holding onto his clothes. He was waving a metal spoon threateningly at the young teen.

"When I get my hands on you, I'll string you up and let you bake under the hot sun! I swear I will!"

"Ha!" The young boy responded, stopping near the magical water tanks beside him as he turned around. "I rather not be caught then! Ta-ta, Chef!" With that, the young boy jumped over the flowing water trench and into the tanks, going through the protective shields that held the waters back from coming in the palace. The angry chef cursed and waved his spoon again.

"AUGH!! That brat! I will catch you, Rein! I swear it!" The chef exclaimed as he watched the boy's lean figure morph into a dark horse with seaweed in his mane, and swimming away. Not before he shook his tail at the chef cheekily, of course, pissing the angry chef even more.

Rein, who's actually a Kelpie, swam up to the surface easily enough, neighing in delight as he finished eating the crab meat he stole for the chef. Hey, it wasn't his fault that the chef didn't let go of the bowl filled with crabs and crayfish. Rein had warned him before he let go too. Then again it didn't help that he pranked the chef beforehand...

proxy.jpg Meanwhile…Kai had sat through the most boring princess lessons for the last time. Today she decided to play sick and sneak her way out of the palace to enjoy the beautiful day. After her nanny had checked her and left the room, giving her the day to rest Kai jumped out of bed and threw on a dull beige and white dress with nude sandals. It was her favorite because it almost look just like the dress most of the towns girls wore. It was simple and if Kai wanted to pass the day without being recognized she'd have to dress simply.

Kai knew many of the secret passages in the palace by now and would be using them to her advantage. In her room there was a single waterfall that flowed out of an arch way, too many it just looked like a pleasant feature, but Kai knew better. With all her strength and concentration she parted the water and followed the dark tunnels through the palace. proxy-1.jpg
Somehow she had taken a wrong turn and ended up lost in the servant halls. "Oh man, which way which way." Her feet landed gently on the water of the many pools that ran through parts of the palace. She walked atop of them almost easily, it was one of the first lessons she learned, yet every so often her feet would dip into the water and she'd loose a bit of balance.
proxy-2.jpg
Kai followed the path of the water quietly, knowing it would eventually pour out of the palace and lead her to freedom. She couldn't wait to run through the marketplace, smelling the sweets wafting from the bakeries and hearing the wonderful sounds of people talking and music playing.

-2.jpg Rein chuckled his horse-y laugh as he changed back into a human, now relaxing by the stairs that dipped in the water. He sat down with his legs swaying and stirring in the water calmly. Then he heard something ... or someone coming his way. Thinking the chef might have found him faster than he thought, the Kelpie teen went underwater again and hid in the seaweed.

Kai picked up her pace little by little until she heard a loud splash in the water that wasn't her. "Huh?" She stopped dead in her tracks and whipped her head around, her long dark blue hair swaying with the breeze coming from the opening to the end of the pool. Kai searched the halls around her but could see no one around. "Must have been a turtle or something..." Kai returned to her task and ran out of the halls into the open air without looking back. In the near distance she could see the roads leading into the market place. Kai happily jogged over to them and made her way into town.

To Rein’s surprise, his ice blue eyes followed a little girl who's looking around...like she was checking if anyone was following her or something?

Once he saw the little girl turn around, his narrow eyes widened in shock. That's Princess Kai or so he guessed by her long blue hair. He has seen her in the large royal family portrait while he was cleaning with his foster mother who's a maid in the palace.

-4.jpg "What is she doing here?" Rein whispered suspiciously before silently going underwater and swam, following her rippling footsteps without her noticing him being so close. Then he realized that the princess is going into town, he continued to follow her by the waterways of the fancy parts of the city. He can see the fanciness of the buildings slowly changing and the further away from the palace they're going as he observed the princess secretly. -5.jpg
He can tell that she was enjoying herself and Rein couldn't help but get closer to the princess by climbing out of the water ways and hopping on the stones before hiding in a thin alleyway. He peeked out of the side to see what's she's doing but his shoulders slumped when a big guy who has fins as ears blocked his sight.

The Kelpie cursed quietly as he looked up and an idea popped in his head. He'll just climb the ladder and look at her from above! She wouldn't suspect a thing!

Kai skipped happily through the streets of the Water Domain. Passing by busy shops and wonderful aromas coming from some made her feel like just an average towns girl. Some people looked at her curiously, but didn't seem to recognize her a bit. She ventured carelessly from shop to shop, paying for food and other Knick knacks with the small amount of money she occasionally found around the palace. Of course, even if she didn't have quite the right amount her people always seemed to be understanding and still let her take some small things. Perhaps it was her joyful smile and contagious laughter that pulled at their heartstrings just enough to not want to tell her no.

As she continued to walk up and down the market place, she started to feel a bit odd. Kai felt as if a pair of eyes were following her everywhere she went. She quickly walked to sit buy a nearby stream and scanned the crowd for anyone who seemed to know who she was or was following her. Yet she couldn't recognize any faces. She gave up her search and blamed it on her on paranoia.

Leaning back and holding herself up with her arms behind her she looked to the sky to admire the clouds. It was then that she made eye contact with a boy standing on a ladder leaning against one of the shops. She was so startled by him that she lost control of her emotions, causing a large clap of thunder to erupt from the sky.

When they made eye contact, Rein cursed his luck. He didn't mean for her to see him-

He yelped in fright when a clap of thunder erupted from the sky, letting go of the ladder as he tries to move away from the metal item; only to remember that he needed to hold on to it!

He tried to get a grip back on the ladder but he missed as his body leaned back, falling...

...and hit the sidewalk, head-first.

Rein didn't move for a while, there was a bump on his head too, steaming from the hard hit. He groaned in pain.

At the same time, Kai watched in horror as the boy fell from the ladder. It was almost as if it was all happening in slow motion and before she knew she was running towards him as fast as she could.

Upon reaching him, Kai fell to her knees and started sobbing not knowing if he was alive or not. The sky too grew dark and began to sob, due to the intensity of her emotions. Kai quickly assessed him and noticed a small pool of blood beginning to come from his head. There was now no time to hide from anyone or wait for help. Kai screamed at the top of her lungs for help as she ripped a large piece of her dress to help bandage the boy. She only knew to do this from a time she'd sliced the inside of her hand with a pair of scissors and her nanny had torn a piece of her own clothes to wrap it and stop the bleeding. The small scar it left reminded her all too well of that day.

"It's ok, it's ok, help is going to be here soon, I'll get you back home and everything is going to be fine!" The boy was groaning loudly and she held his head to her afraid to ease the pressure of her hands. Guards quickly swarmed the small alleyway, immediately recognizing Kai. "Please you have to help him please..." She sobbed as she spoke and the guards quickly removed the boy from her grasp.

Kai sat there staring at her bloody hands for what felt like hours. A guard softly spoke to her, “Princess Kai, I know you’re scared, but he's going to be fine. It was really only a small cut, I know it probably looked worse to you though...we can take you back home if you'd like?" Kai shook her head slowly and found the strength to finally speak, "C-can I go s-see him? I... I think I know him from the palace." His icy blue eyes flashed in her memory and she was sure she'd seen them before.

A guard kindly lifted her up and carried her to the doctor’s office. It felt calming in there for some strange reason and Kai finally stopped sobbing. A man came out from the back room and exchanged conversation with the guard quietly. Kai didn't know what they were saying, but her thought didn't even have a chance to imagine for she was soon being walked into the back room.

The boy laid there, head bandaged, quietly sleeping in the bed and the guard gently placed her down to sit with him. The guard and doctor left the room to go talk privately outside. Kai laid down curling her body up and fell asleep, much like a dog does at the foot of a bed.

Rein groaned, snuggling into the soft thing under his head as he curled up a bit...

Then he quickly opened his eyes wide and shot up in a sitting position before wincing. His head pounded and he reached up to touch the bandages around his head. "Bandages?...Where am I?" Rein muttered, confused as he looked around the doctor's office.

"How did I get he- Princess?!" Rein froze in place, shocked to see Kai curled up next to him as she slept. He looked around again before pinching his arm. "...Ow...Okay, I'm not dreaming..." He muttered then he looked back at the little girl.

"...Princess? Princess K-Kai?" Rein gently placed a hand on her thin arm, shaking her a bit. "...Wake up..."

Kai slept peacefully dreaming sweet childish dreams of adventures and saving princes in distress when a soft voice brought her back to the bed she laid in. At first she thought it was the prince she was dreaming of, but the voice was followed by gentle shakes of her body.

Kai opened her eyes and found icy blue ones staring back. She smiled sheepishly and slowly sat up. Before she said anything she wrapped herself around the boy, "told ya everything was going to be okay!" She pulled back from the embrace and looked into his eyes yet again, “You’re Rein right? I hear the chefs yelling at you a lot, but it's nice cause you make it easier for me to sneak out food."

Rein froze in the hug, not expecting it or that she knew his name in general. Then again...she might have heard the chefs screaming it while she was sneak food out...

A princess sneaking food out?.....He doesn't hear that every day, that's for sure...

Kai held his hands in hers, which were still covered in dry blood, and rubbed the backs of them with her thumbs.

As she held his hands and rubbed the back part of his palm with her thumbs, the Kelpie narrowed his eyes at the dry blood before looking at the princess herself and-

"I'm sorry I scared you, I didn't mean to make the thunder, or the rain..." she looked down at her torn dress and a few tears fell from her face. “I think a carriage should be here soon to take us back to the palace...you can rest in my room if you want, I know it's probably much more comfortable and quiet than in the servant quarters." Kai sat there in silence with him, not wanting to look up to his face.

"Th-thank you- why are you crying?!" Rein exclaimed, flustered. He fidgeted in place, looking around to find something. Then he sighed, believing if he leaves the bed right now, either he might fall down again or the princess might cry some more...

He didn't want either option.

Spotting a towel and a bowl with water by the bedside table, the Kelpie shook one of his hands free to grab the towel and dip it in the water; soaking it. Then he gently held her hands to wipe the dry blood off with the wet towel as he tried to make sense.

"...U-um...Look Princess, I-I'm sorry for scaring you too." He muttered sheepishly. "I just...I saw you leaving the palace...and followed you around to see what you were up to. I didn't want to bother you either because you were having fun and now...um..." Rein was red, not used to saying sorry or having to comfort someone.

She watched as he cleaned off the dry blood on her hands and listened to his voice as he spoke without answering. Strangely, it comforted and calmed her and she felt her tears begin to slow to a stop.

-8.jpg Then he perked up in an idea. "Princess, do you like bubbles?" Rein asked, grinning a bit.

Kai nodded yes as Rein spoke of bubbles and then spoke with a slight tease to her voice, “who doesn't like bubbles silly?"

She looked up shyly to see him clap his hands and cup them open. A smile grew on her face as beautiful bubbles began to emerge and float around the pair. Kai curiously began popping a few, giggling every time one kissed her face. "How did you do that?" She asked cheerfully. Kai had seen magic before, but only water bending, storm calling, and fire manipulation from that one time a wizard from the Fire Kingdom visited and scared her for life. Rein's grin grew wider.

"I'm a Kelpie if you know what that is. It's part of my abilities, just in case I swim with someone who can't breathe underwater. They can wear this over their heads. See?" He clapped his hands again, cupping them open to reveal one single large bubble, and he put it over her head. She would feel a thin layer of magic covering her head for a second until it gave way and let her head inside the air bubble. The air inside the bubble smells fresher too.

Excitedly Kai spoke,"Wanna see what I can do?! I think it's pretty cool too!"

-9.jpg He saw that she got excited and felt relieved to see her smiling. He wasn't as flustered anymore. Rein tilted his head and nodded. "Sure! Show me!" He has heard of the royal children able to manipulate water or the storms. The kelpie watched as Kai conjured up a small storm cloud, his eyes got wide as it filled up the cup. Then with a sweep of her hand, the water lifted out of the glass as a misshapen orb.

"Heeeehhh! That's really cool!" Rein chirped, impressed with the princess' power.

In her mind it wasn't as cool as what Katrina and Kale could do, but Kai was proud of her progress and loved showing off.

Kai was overjoyed by Rein's reaction. She happily moved the orb she made around the room and Rein watched the orb float around, grinning all the while until they heard a knock from the door. Kai dropped the orb easily splashing water all over herself and Rein. He blinked when the orb broke as the guard came in. He didn't mind the water since he swims almost every day so he was always wet somehow.

“Showing off again I see huh Princess Kai?" He laughed softly looking at the pair, “the carriage is waiting for you two, time to go home now Kai." Kai folded her arms and began to pout, “you can't make me Sir Coldwater!" Kai turned away to look at Rein again scrunched up her face, “he’s always telling me what to d-oOO!" The guard lifted Kai up and hoisted her over his shoulder, her feet kicking the whole time.

The Kelpie did laugh when he saw Kai's scrunched up face while being picked up by the guard - Coldwater, right? He'll remember his name, for sure - as she kicked in the meanwhile. Though he blinked as Sir Coldwater marched out of the room.

As he turned to walk out the door Kai cheerfully was looking into Rein's eyes again, “See you in the carriage Reiny!!" She giggled and smiled brightly as Sir Coldwater marched out the room.

"...Reiny?..." He muttered quietly with a raised eyebrow, an amused smile grew on his face. Princess Kai is definitely an interesting Princess. After making sure he can walk without falling over, Rein made his way to the carriage, carrying something for the Princess to eat. "Here. Munch on this." He passed her two loafs of sweet breads that has fruit jam inside.

As she asked where he got it from, they heard a clatter from the doctor's office kitchen as the carriage started to move away. Rein grinned mischievously. "Don't worry about it, Kai." He said, patting her head lightly.

(Edited by Lissamissal! I just post it up here with the pictures!)

51968_anime_scenery_anime_scenery_empty_road.jpg
- The Lanelock Puzzle -

" Devon Bronson, Fire Kingdom "

It was another cool morning in Marelin Park. It had rained yesterday, and the smell of earth and damp grass permeated the backyard of Bronson Tailoring, where a small vegetable patch shimmered with dew under a mango tree. Across the yard was a stable, and inside the silhouette of a cat was bending over in the cool dim shadows.

Seeing in dark was as ordinary as seeing during the day as Devon patted Trost, his stormy gray hippogriff who's been his companion in many adventures. The half-horse, half-giant eagle closed its eyes lazily, enjoying the touch, before chirping, then digging in to his meal of charcoal meat and boiled tubers.

There was an impatient neigh, and the tailor chuckled at the next stall, where a chestnut mare snorted then nudged his elbow. "I know, here you go, Mocha." he dumped the rest of the tubers into the horse's trough, then stepped outside to dump the smelly dung from yesterday into a compost pit, and then clean the pails that held the food before laying them upside down on a nearby table.

It was springtime, and all around the hanging flowerbeds of his neighbors were in bloom. There was a clatter of window shutters as Mrs. Porcelain, a panda who ran a bakery downstairs with her husband, a grizzly bear, opened them to hang the laundry. "Good morning, Devon."

"Good morning, Mrs. Porcelain, were you able to pull down your laundry before the rain fell yesterday afternoon?"

"Yes, I came home straight away from picking up Chip from daycare. I know you weren't able to take down yours." said the panda attaching clothes pins to a large pair of shorts.

"Yes, I was at the Merchant's Guild picking up an order. Medication mixes and obsidian ores from the Industrial Empire. It'll be jellyfish season in a few weeks in the Water Domain and the soothing balms will be in high demand."

"How is you new assistant coming along? Quite young, isn't she? I cannot believe she came to your shop all by herself without her parents along."

"She's a kid, but she's very independent." smiled Devon. He went back in his stable, then came back leading Mocha out, with her saddle in his arms. "She's earning her nine tails."

"Nine tails?"

"Yes, she has three tails, you see, and she's on a mission to earn six more. She's a fox spirit. I don't know how it works, but I'll ask her when she comes today." he saddled up his horse and mounted it.

"Going for a ride again?"

"Yes, it's Tuesday." said Devon, unrolling his sleeves. He nudged Mocha forward where he took his rapier, musket rifle, shots, and gunpowder hanging from the mango tree. "Meeting Colonel Musgrave and his son as usual in Tulgey Woods, then it's off to my fencing master before I open shop. Have a nice day, Mrs. Porcelain, send my greetings to the mister!"

"Be careful! Spring brings a boom in the monster population in the forest!" she said, waving him good-bye.

"I will! Hya!" The chestnut mare bolted off and out into the cobbled street. The clattering of hooves echoed in the early morning, and soon he was out of the rustic capital city and galloping through the sprawling fields and lush orchards. He travelled north to the forest that surrounded the volcano, where farmers were already hard at work, harvesting their crops.

Katsuya Katsuya that1aj that1aj
Combat 4(+1) | Stealth 3(+1) | Perception 3(+1)

Current Gold: 1

Backpack:
1. Cloak || +1 stealth.
2. Magnifying Glass || +1 perception.
3. Trusty Weapon || +1 combat.
4. Rejuvenating Potion || x3 pcs. Restores 1 Hp.
5. Lucky charm || x1 pc. Re-roll once.

Last edited:
3c835d8c045c5f7666650f27ec098056.jpg

- The Lanelock Puzzle -
- Inari Yoko, Fire Kingdom -

"Ah-! AH! ACHOO~!!.....Heheheh! Excuse me!"

A high pitched sneeze echoed in the still sleeping forests of the Fire Kingdom as a small shadow came out from a tree trunk; there was a hole big enough to fit a child with a few things like the soft pillow and blanket she already packed in her leather pink bag. The seemingly little girl stretched her arms up and reached for the tree leaves up above before hearing a satisfying crack from her shoulders to relax her stance. She hummed, pointed white fox ears twitched with each subtle sound from the leaves rustling in the soft cooling breeze to the morning birds that are now waking up.

"Good morning, birds!" Yoko chirped. Then she grabbed the sling of her bag over her shoulder and head, walking away from her temporary camp as she started to sing her favorite song her mother used to sing to her.

It's been five years since she left her little village from the Dark Realm and within those five years, she traveled to the different countries trying to earn her six other tails. It was rather scary too because of the war between the countries; she couldn't go near the Industrial Empire because of the law of not letting non-humans go inside unless they look human enough. Which she does not with her ears and three tails and she couldn't make them disappear yet.

She did visit the Water, Fire, and Dark countries but she couldn't stay in one place as each time she tried, something happened between the warring kingdoms. So she would run away in attempts to stay alive. Yes, she could've lived in Inns and earning a living somehow, but she needed to find her calling first; the one thing that was assigned to her since she was young kit and earn her nine tails.

And she did find it, under the guidance of one purrsian tailor.

It took the kitsune a while to reach the Fire Kingdom's main city but she didn't mind it. She loved to take her time and enjoying the peace that's around her when she can. With the sun heating up her back as it rises and lighting her way into the city, almost early noon. Her tummy rumbled and Yoko placed a hand over it, already feeling the light twinge of hunger pains. Then her ears perked up as she spotted someone down in a familiar street of Whistle Leaf.

"Good morning, Mrs. Waterbee!"
Yoko chirped as she waved at a big dark woman with a beehive shaped afro. The little kitsune always came by this street to get to Mr. Devon's tailoring store and she always greeted this sassy store lady. The woman was so nice to Yoko ever since she had a bit of trouble with the crows chasing her; Mrs. Waterbee whacked them away with a paper fan. It was like watching an epic battle...or more like the crows gave up after she started chasing them instead.

Mrs. Waterbee stood up, pulling the colorful tarp tent over the door of her honey shop and on the pole to hold it on as she waved back, smiling wide. "Good mornin', young'un! Are ya headed to the tailah's?"

"Yep! I need to get breakfast first though, so bakery."

"Of course, of course! Hav' a good day, Koko."

"You too, Mrs. Waterbee." With that, she continued on her merry way to the tailor shop, buying a dessert bread loaf from the Panda bakery, and humming her song without a care in the world.

Gold:
Now: 28G
-Every 10G spent bribing gives +1 to rolls when persuading.

Character Attributes:

Combat || 2
- Physical fitness, athletics, and intimidation
Stealth || 4
- Sneaking around, wearing disguises, acting, persuading
Perception || 4
- Looking for clues, spotting danger or lies, picking locks

Backpack:
[E]Trusty Weapon || +1 combat
[E]Magnifying glass || +1 perception
[E]Cloak || +1 sneak
Lucky Charm || x1 piece Re-roll once
Rejuvenating Potion || x3 pcs. Restores 1 HP
Lockpick || x3 pcs. Requires to pick locks

Zer0 Zer0 that1aj that1aj

- The Lanelock Puzzle -
" Devon Bronson, Fire Kingdom "

The shop was still closed when Yoko arrived. It was a Tuesday, so Devon was probably out training in marksmanship and fencing in the woods or at his fencing master's place. He usually returned between eight-thirty to nine, but had given his apprentice a key to the kitchen door at the backyard so she could stay inside and be safe.

Trost, the hippogriff was snoozing in the backyard. He was Devon's 'watch dog' and he fluffed his cheeks, then chirped happily in greeting to the kitsune. Hippogriffs were proud creatures, and one can only approach them after one has bowed and they bow in return. If they don't bow, stay away. In this case Trost was the one that got on his talons and hooves, then bowed at Yoko. He trotted over to sniff her, attracted by her bread.

Devon had told Yoko she could eat whatever she wanted from the pantry and use his iron-wrought stove as long as she cleaned after herself. The tailor shop was open to her for her to get materials for her tailoring, and so was the room where they and the mouse assistants worked. The second floor was Devon's private space where the bedroom, living room, and guest rooms were, and that was forbidden for anyone to enter.

In the shop was a space at the front windows with mannequins and stands where Yoko could put up her clothes for sale. Sometimes when an order comes, Devon would give the task to her and it was she who received payment for it. As an apprentice her duties included cleaning, talking to customers, and managing the shop whenever Devon wasn't around.

It was strange, but as the hours came and went, the tailor still hadn't returned.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Lanelock Puzzle -
- Inari Yoko -

Yoko came to the backyard, the bread still in her mouth when she saw Trost and bowed back. She remembered to always bow in front of a hippogriff, no matter how friendly one can be. She grabbed the bread, chewed quickly and swallowed to greet him verbally. "Hi Trost! I see that you're keeping the place safe as usual."

When he came closer to sniff the bread, she showed it to him, grinning. "Do you want some? It's really good! They're made by the Panda bakery next door." She had more in her bag to eat. Then she told the hippogriff that she's going inside, which she did, and walked straight to the kitchen to make some eggs and bacon. After cleaning her mess, Yoko went to work.

After setting up the work space for her and her mice co-workers, she went off to set up the mannequins in front of the window, staring at the positions before tweaked the angles and looking at it from afar...only to come back and tweak it some more. The kitsune tends to get anxious whenever she puts up her clothes for sale, not knowing if they look good or if they look horrible and she always talked to the mice first for opinions and suggestions. She cleaned the shop, talk to the costumers when they came in after opening the shop in the usual time, and managed the shop; but as the hours passed Yoko looked worried. Her blue eyes turned to the mice.

"...I know he enjoys his shooting practice but-...to not come back for work for hours?" That's not something Mr. Devon would do!

Already thinking of something horrible must have happened, Yoko told the mice that she will come back with their boss and after closing the shop a bit early and talking with the Panda Bakers if they have seen him; the kitsune changed and flew to find her mentor. Licks of blue fire leaving a fading small trail before disappearing just as quickly.

Chances are...with the monsters roaming around, Mr. Devon could be stuck in the forest but she will check on his fencing master first. Just in case.

Zer0 Zer0

Mushroom.jpg
- The Lanelock Puzzle -

" Master Haru's Farm "

Devon's master, a nymph who lived in the northern farmlands, was a retired soldier who now spends his days tending his orchard and growing mushrooms for alchemical purposes. His name was Harunir, but everyone called him Master Haru for short. He was known to be summoned to the king's castle to drill the royal guards in urban battles using the sword, and train them in wilderness survival and rescue, he also accepted fencing students at his farm, where he lives with his wife and children.

Today was another day of harvest and many workers were at the field picking rose apples. Fencing lessons were over a few hours ago and Devon had not come today.

"Did something happen?" he asked Yoko. His wife, a motherly looking nymph, also came to see what was going on.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Lanelock Puzzle -
- Inari Yoko -

She was glad to see Master Haru was in at the moment; however Yoko's white fox ears wilted down when he told her the bad news, eyes wide with worry before she looked up to older pair of nymphs.

"I haven't seen him in his tailor shop for hours. He never did that before..."
She answered. "Mrs. Porcelain, his neighbor, told me that he left to Tulgey woods to meet with a Colonel and his son. After that he would be here to train with you, Haru Sensei...but..." She ended with a high pitched and pitifully quiet whimper, fidgeting in place with her toes and her tail swaying in a bit of agitation. She wanted to leave and look for her mentor but stayed as to not be rude towards the retired soldier and his wife.

Zer0 Zer0

- The Lanelock Puzzle -
" Tulgey Woods "

Master Haru decided to help Yoko, calling some farm hands to help with the search. There was no time to waste, they needed to be off to the Tulgey woods immediately.

"The woods are teeming with monsters this Spring time. They might have been attacked." said the nymph. "We'll spread out and search in pairs. Each one of you take a horn, trumpet, anything you can use to signal the searchers when you find them. Let's go!"

It took the search party less than an hour to reach the forest, where they kept to the road, looking for trails and asking hunters if they've seen the colonel and the tailor. Then, to Yoko's luck, she noticed something shiny high up in the trees. And at close inspection seemed to be a torn piece of cloth with a familiar shiny button. It was Devon's. How did it get up there?

Katsuya Katsuya
Please roll for perception to look for clues.

- The Lanelock Puzzle -
- Inari Yoko -

Yoko is ever so grateful towards Master Haru and the farmers who helped in the search; she showed it by bowing low at the Nymph before grabbing a horn and followed the group into Tulgey woods that took less then an hour to reach. She is completely nervous and worried for her mentor's safety.

The young kitsune leaped from tree to tree, balancing on the branches as she looked over head for anything that might catch her eye. Then with a twinkle from higher up in the trees, Yoko quickly climbed higher into the trees after yelling to Master about something shiny. When she precariously clutched down on the branch as she got closer at the top of the tree's canopy, the kitsune yelped in surprise. There, on a small twig with a bit of leaves, is a torn piece of cloth and a shiny button...that belonged to Mr. Devon.

Taking a deep breathe, Yoko slowly shimmied across the branch, her thin arm reached and grabbed the cloth with the button. With a whiff and confirming that it was indeed Devon's, the little kitsune took a leap from the branch and changed to her other form to fly down to the ground. Once she landed and changed back, her three tails swayed excitedly. "Haru-Sensei! Look! I found a cloth with a button! It smells like Mr. Devon!" She bounced over to the nymph to show him her findings.

"It was up high in the trees!" Now that she said it out loud...why was it up there?! Yoko looked up and squinted her eyes as if searching for the answer to her question.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back