• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Competing Against The Odds (FreeMustang + cattamer)

*fade to black*

Anna pulled her clothes back on and straightened up her hair, she couldn't stop smiling though "I'm surprised we didn't get caught with all the noise we were making" she laughed "Gosh, could that bed be any squeakier?" she looked back at Riley curiously "Or wait... Are your parents just like cool with you... Doing the hokey pokey?" she smirked.

Riley got dressed before replying, "Nah, I'm probably going to pay for that later," He shrugged, "But I'm pretty sure it was worth it. I can deal with whatever she throws at me..."

"So are you sure your parents are ok with me staying? Especially if they know we're sleeping together?" Anna asked doubtfully.

"Even if they aren't, they won't say anything while you're here," Riley shook his head, "They want to appear to be respectable people, you know?"

"So you want me to stay with you so you don't get torn apart?" Anna grinned, kissing Riley again "We really need to get back to the barn. We start competing tomorrow and we still don't quite have our routine down..." she sighed "It doesn't look good for us..."

Riley laughed, "Okay, okay, slave driver, we'll get back to the barn. Do you have any ideas?" He asked, turning to hunt down his shoes.

"Slave driver?" Anna grinned, starting to get a few ideas "Do you really want to start giving me ideas?" she asked, starting to pull him down to his bike so they could get going "I think we should go simple"

"Go simple? Explain?" Riley said, slipping on his shoes as he was pulled down to his bike. "I meant ideas for the competition, nothing else...."

"That was about the competition.... The slave driver idea of yours we'll do when we're like alone" Anna smirked "Any way, we'll have to use Admiral or Sweet Memory, I don't know which..." she sighed.

"Wait, woah, no, I was joking, about how you poke for more horse things..." Riley was attempting to get out of what ever situation he managed to get himself into.

"Oh don't worry Riley! We'll have fun with it. A belt, some rope... Oh! We can use socks for a gag!" Anna said, getting a little excited about the idea "I can play that dominite role you want me to and then you can have a go"

"How about you ditch that idea, and get back to horses?" Riley squeaked, "You do realize my parents might still be listening, right?" He muttered as he put his helmet on.

"Ohhh.... You want to go more equestrian with it?" Anna grinned "Well I suppose I can put a saddle on you and make you take a bit before I ride you" she suggested, just teasing poor Riley by now as they got to the barn.

Riley nodded, "So," He said, then cleared his throat, "Which horse are we going to use? That's a big question."

"Okay, I'll get the tack," Riley called, and then headed to get the tack, and soon was back to meet with Anna and the mare.

Anna had lunged Sweet Memory while Riley was grabbing the tack and soon had all of her extra energy worked out of her and by the time they got the tack on her she was acting much more cooperative, letting Riley jump on and slowly stand up and the more they worked at it the better she got. Three hours later and they were both on her going through the routine for the 1st full time. Anna had been practically holding her breath the entire time until she and then Riley had tumbled off her back end and struck a pose, letting the mare circle back into the center like they had trained her to do "I can't believe it, we actually got it down!" she said, taking deep breathes and hugging Riley, she couldn't have done it with out him! He had some nutty practices but when it came down to it he knew his stuff!

Riley had actually been focused while doing the course, but instantly lost all concentration the minute they were done. He laughed as she hugged him, "Well, at least we didn't get bronco bucked over the fence while doing all that. Now she just has to remember all of this stuff, and not freak out in the show!"

Riley was quite happy, but it was obvious his concentration skills had been maxed out, as his eyes were going here there and everywhere. "I'll admit it, you were right. Don't get too used to it though."

"Right about what? Her being the best horse for it?" Anna grinned "I just meant conformationally... She's not going to have back problems at least, not like Flight or Miles would have" she said "Now we really need to brush up on like jumping and our dressage and reining routines and then go for a nice long trail ride somewhere in there" she started to tick off, her mind going a million miles a minute "But how about some lunch 1st after we cool down and hose off this beauty?" she smirked.

Riley laughed, "Well, she seems to have a nack for it since she's not trying to kill us currently. Yeah, just need a little brush up - how about the cool down, food, and then trail ride to get the spunk out, and then the whole training part? Let's get to work, otherwise we're both going to be talking in circles.."

"She's all sweaty... Definitely needs to be hosed down" Anna rolled her eyes before leading Sweet Memory to the wash stall and started to take care of her.

Riley let her do her thing, until he got a bright idea, and turned on another hose... And sprayed Anna with it, before ducking away like nothing ever happened - out of range, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back